PDA

View Full Version : annoyed.......

PIRANHASniper
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
waited so long for this game what with all the release delays.............now that i got the game the pc control system Keyboard/Mouse don't work and you post a work around....don't put a game out that is unworkable....I have shelved the game without even playing it....why the hell should I have to frig about with my mouse and control settings when these basic issues should be running without this kind of ********.......total disappointment...........you just lost a customer for any and upcoming ubi games, If it don't work then don't shove it out on the market....load the game then wait for 2 patch fixes....what a joke on a game

nanoukmetal
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the Void.:D

Maybe your are like Ubisoft and assumes that everybody is playing the same game you are playing with the same computer setup you have !!!!

You forgot to tell us the name of the game, name of your operating system, make and model of computer, alll drivers updated, etc etc....
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/boese/e010.gif

Edited:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Ask-For-Tech-Support-The-Right-Way&id=7140740

PIRANHASniper
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM
The Game: Ghost Recon Future Soldier

PC Setup.complete with updated drivers

64-Bit OS Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R)Core(TM)i7 CPU 930(4 x 2.8GHz) 8 MB 4.8GT/s
1 x Asus P6TD Deluxe V2 (Intel X58)
1 x Corsair 850W (CMPSU-850TXUK
Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti
2 x 1 TB SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 32MB
2 xSamsung (SH-S223L) DVD /- RW 22x - Black - Lightscribe (SATA)
1 x Asus Xonar D2 Ultra Fidelity 7.1 (PCI)
DiNova Edge (Logitech Keyboard)
1 x Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) XMS3 1600MHz
1 x ANTEC Nine Hundred Gamers Case - Black

1 x Zalman (CNPS9900) Blue LED Tunnel Flower

Monitor 27"

Let me see you find fault with it.especially when it can easily cope with this game all settings maxed

Tully__
07-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Now in the correct forum.... :)

GA_Sara
07-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Now in the correct forum.... :)

Like it actually matters where he posts or what his set up is when his mouse and keyboard don't work with this game,.... I can't believe you even dare to say anything after putting this game on the market the way it is. He can't use the two things you really really really need to play this game!....sigh,....How in the world could anyone release this so unfinished,....

nanoukmetal
07-08-2012, 06:16 AM
For possible fixes check all fixes at the next link...
http://segmentnext.com/2012/06/27/ghost-recon-future-soldier-pc-crashes-errors-graphics-fps-multiplayer-fixes/

Other things to try: Disable 2nd monitor in your graphics setup (video card) and try lower resolutions. (for testing purposes)

ShadyMotley
07-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I feel for you OP. This is absolutely disgusting, I have tried to play this game on a computer that is fully up to date and most people would envy and I also have the issue of no mouse support. I have gone and disabled all of devices which I should have never had to do in the first place and it makes no difference. I have a controller to use so I decided to try that and look out I can't even invert my Y-axis to make it playable for me!

Ubi you should be ashamed of yourselves for this abomination. I looked forward to this game, I have little money to spare these days and then it's wasted on this. I have not enjoyed 1 minute of this game so far and all I have achieved is becoming frustrated and annoyed that now I have to go and re-enable and re-install my devices. Anyone who defends what has happened with this horrible port should pull their heads in and realise that in this day and age when games companies are struggling that releasing games in this state is not helping anyone and only serves to alienate the consumer, because as of now you have lost me on the next Splinter Cell and Farcry 3 if this is a taste of things to come.

Pegula
07-08-2012, 08:15 AM
...I've already preordered Splinter Cell and Far Cry 3 with Reloaded&Skidrow.

Since preorder of Ghost Recon: FS made in Zavvi store was a total failure - when I saw what shiat of the game they made, tried to cancel preorder and WAS DENIED?!?!?!?!

Now I got a copy of a game I can't play and I don't want....but MOST IMPORTANTLY I am currently supporting developers that do a ****ty job since they got my money.

kgee
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi Piranha Sniper
Maybe you could help me nothing wrong with my PC, just started to plat GRFS got to village screen says SCOPE MWB I have used my wheel button with every button on the mouse & key board
what am I doing wrong!!
Gutted!!

PIRANHASniper
07-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Your doing nothing wrong kgee.....it's the programmer who should be fired and hung out to dry also any supporting dev that assisted in releasing this game in the condition it is in... funny that in most games if the purchaser does anything against the regulated rules he's not entitled to any refunds.....strange how there is NO mention that if the Devs screw up the game they won't return your payment..........UBI should seriously rethink about the people they employ..who shovel out this crap...it's also about time a dev responded in these posts....ignorance is not an excuse

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
07-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Like it actually matters where he posts or what his set up is when his mouse and keyboard don't work with this game,.... I can't believe you even dare to say anything after putting this game on the market the way it is.

Hi, insulting staff is uncalled for and results in infractions. It does matter where he posts as he is more likely to receive a faster answer if in the correct forum.

A title update will be released shortly.

Pegula
07-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Ubi-Mush...can you please explain why many of mine screams fro Ubisoft Forum staff to replay are left unanswered?

Why my letter to Ubisoft support is getting no answers at all? Even if I get some, they are partial...incomplete...and most importantly - useless?

Thanks in advance.

VitalyChumak
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM

W0w. More news ?

by the way , Shortly means - "not too soon, but it will happen"

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Ubi-Mush...can you please explain why many of mine screams fro Ubisoft Forum staff to replay are left unanswered?

Why my letter to Ubisoft support is getting no answers at all? Even if I get some, they are partial...incomplete...and most importantly - useless?

Thanks in advance.

Answered in your thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689756-My-letter-to-Ubisoft-support

GA_Sara
07-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi, insulting staff is uncalled for and results in infractions. It does matter where he posts as he is more likely to receive a faster answer if in the correct forum.

Fair enough, but once again, this is 2012, no game has ever come out in the condition that this game did. He can't use a keyboard and the mouse,....keyboard and the mouse,.... That was the moral of the story which was once again missed.

Tully__
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
...He can't use a keyboard and the mouse,....keyboard and the mouse,.... That was the moral of the story which was once again missed.
Did you read the whole thread? If you had you'd have seen this:

For possible fixes check all fixes at the next link...
http://segmentnext.com/2012/06/27/ghost-recon-future-soldier-pc-crashes-errors-graphics-fps-multiplayer-fixes/

Other things to try: Disable 2nd monitor in your graphics setup (video card) and try lower resolutions. (for testing purposes)
The link goes to a site that contains a possible fix for the keyboard/mouse issue and several others. In the meantime, Ubi-Mush's post about an update suggests that the developers are aware of at least some of those issues and are preparing a patch to resolve them. It takes more time to fix the game so you don't break something else than it does for some internet geek to come up with a kludge workaround, the game changes have to be tested to the point where they have a good degree of confidence that they've made things better rather than worse on as many different computer configurations as possible.

Fair enough, but once again, this is 2012, no game has ever come out in the condition that this game did....
I beg to differ, many games have come out in such a poor state that they didn't work for pretty much everyone except the developers custom configured computers. Not famous triple-A titles most of them, but many.
Another thing to consider.... the game software, the computers they're supposed to run on and the networks they're supposed to interconnect on (the internet) are more complex than ever before. This means more things to go wrong, more testing, more time for patches to fix anything missed and more pressure to get the game to market to offset development cost. We're actually fairly lucky we're still getting games for PC at all. If it weren't a fairly accessible platform for indie developers, you'd likely find most new games programmers had no skills at all for programming on PC rather than less than perfect skills.

GA_Sara
07-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Did you read the whole thread? If you had you'd have seen this:

The link goes to a site that contains a possible fix for the keyboard/mouse issue and several others. In the meantime, Ubi-Mush's post about an update suggests that the developers are aware of at least some of those issues and are preparing a patch to resolve them. It takes more time to fix the game so you don't break something else than it does for some internet geek to come up with a kludge workaround, the game changes have to be tested to the point where they have a good degree of confidence that they've made things better rather than worse on as many different computer configurations as possible.

I beg to differ, many games have come out in such a poor state that they didn't work for pretty much everyone except the developers custom configured computers. Not famous triple-A titles most of them, but many.
Another thing to consider.... the game software, the computers they're supposed to run on and the networks they're supposed to interconnect on (the internet) are more complex than ever before. This means more things to go wrong, more testing, more time for patches to fix anything missed and more pressure to get the game to market to offset development cost. We're actually fairly lucky we're still getting games for PC at all. If it weren't a fairly accessible platform for indie developers, you'd likely find most new games programmers had no skills at all for programming on PC rather than less than perfect skills.

I can appreciate all you said, however I don't think it's right to release the game in such a state that majority of people can't play it for one reason or the other. Such complex PC configurations may be challenging and I get that and can even understand it hence still not giving up on the game and trying my best not to lose my nerves every time I try to have a game. But to release the game and not be able to get simple things right such as mentioned before, keyboard and the mouse, ingame chat is funny as hell, and little things like that is just beyond me. People have been waiting for this game for years. There has been more delays than a game should ever have, and Ghost Recon has such a huge fan base who have patiently waited for years and now have to go through "a possible fix for the keyboard/mouse issue and several others." to get the game even working. Come on now. I know there are millions of threads on all these issues and I have read the whole thread but maybe pick your battles and leave a guy to post wherever he wants coz he is probably really really irritated by this point. All I am saying is leave it alone, after all use your admin rights and quietly move the thread to the right forum, no need to irritate him more. People are fed up, this once awesome series of games has now been reduced to nothing, has great potential but everything that was great about it was lost. The great fan base, numerous clans and friends all over the world that used to get together and play can no longer do this. No dedicated servers, P2P horrible connections, lag all over the place, that's if you manage to connect at all , host migrations, or connections lost mid game, forever waiting on a "waiting for players" screen, even getting out of the bloody game once you lose the connection is a challenge , .... nothing you haven't heard millions of times in last two weeks already, but really,.... No game has ever come out in this state,....and even if they did, if I were in your position I would never say: "many games have come out in such a poor state that they didn't work for pretty much everyone except the developers custom configured computers. Not famous triple-A titles most of them, but many." Such a huge company, with a decent reputation until now should strive for more, and be in a whole different league than all these other developers,..... Anyway, there goes me venting,..... just my 2 cents worth.