PDA

View Full Version : Could this demo be legit?

Stroonzje
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I know its a longshot... but there could be the slightest possibilty its real like a leaked version or something.. the site is [link removed] if anyone could try it... that would be awesome because you never know it could o.O

Assassin_M
07-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Its fake..

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 01:10 PM
There are currently no demos available - sites pretend to have them, so that gullible people download and install them...

The 'demo' is most likely contains a virus - or adware - which can affect your PC.

If you have downloaded any files from sites such as that - I suggest you do a full scan.

Only demos officially released, should be used to prevent potential harm to your systems.

Stroonzje
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
i know this obviously.. im just thinking if someone could have maybe extracted the demo they used in e3 or something, or maybe im just hoping for something thats not there

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 01:21 PM
i know this obviously.. im just thinking if someone could have maybe extracted the demo they used in e3 or something, or maybe im just hoping for something thats not there
As far as we are aware - no copies of the demo have been leaked.

They are signed in and out - so all are present and correct.

Those sites are set up to catch people out - and infect them.

There was one a few months back about a beta for ACIII - before E3...

WolfTemplar94
07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Even if someone did manage to get a leak, why support them?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM

If some demo/beta leaked (like it happened with Deus Ex Human Revolution), you would have all gaming sites writing about it because people would know it's real after just few hours. If uncle Google doesn't have any story on "AC3 demo/beta leak", then it didn't happen

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 03:39 PM
If some demo/beta leaked (like it happened with Deus Ex Human Revolution), you would have all gaming sites writing about it because people would know it's real after just few hours. If uncle Google doesn't have any story on "AC3 demo/beta leak", then it didn't happen

Tbh - the 'Demo' is a PC Download.. so it could be anything in there..

I personally wouldn't suggest anyone goes looking for it..

dewgel
07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Tbh - the 'Demo' is a PC Download.. so it could be anything in there..

I personally wouldn't suggest anyone goes looking for it..

Esco was telling me that the E3 demo is debugged into the PS3 in any case, so it'd be reasonably difficult to run it if you found it.

Also; the chances of a PC Demo being ready when the retail edition isn't ready on the release date is slim enough anyway (Not that I'm trolling the PC Release Date here)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Odd...yesterday I had a dream that in one of my files I found the AC III demo, it was so bugged tho that all the controllers were flipped and I could not attack.

NeroInfernoF7
07-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Odd...yesterday I had a dream that in one of my files I found the AC III demo, it was so bugged tho that all the controllers were flipped and I could not attack.

Haha, nice dream ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I was jumping up and down only too discover it was bugged o_o
I woke up dissappointed xD