PDA

View Full Version : Theory

Lonesoldier2012
07-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Okay so one of the dlc's is the Mayan Temple. What if Connor is the one who ends the calender of the Mayan's in 2012?

Like TWCB tell him of the Templars plans to end the world and Connor warns the future?

Thoughts?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:57 AM
As I said, so much potential. But it's pre-order, so wont work.
And it can be discussed in the other thread....
So....
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/in%20before%20the%20lock/grand/star_trek_-_in_before_the_lock_gif.gif

Lonesoldier2012
07-06-2012, 06:00 AM
As I said, so much potential. But it's pre-order, so wont work.
And it can be discussed in the other thread....
So....
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/in%20before%20the%20lock/grand/star_trek_-_in_before_the_lock_gif.gif
Details of Lucy's true alliegence were divulged in dlc.

The other thread isn't about the idea.

So

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97du1N7Znb0

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 06:02 AM
But this is pre-order bonus. Probably will come out as DLC later on, but there is no real way too know.
So, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzjWXduLPjs

Lonesoldier2012
07-06-2012, 06:03 AM
But this is pre-order bonus. Probably will come out as DLC later on, but there is no real way too know.
So, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzjWXduLPjs

0_0

I'm worth more then 5 dollars...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 06:04 AM
My point still stands :P

shanethebouncer
07-06-2012, 06:48 AM
I seriously doubt they would leave such an essential part of the story in dlc...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Some may argue on the Lucy thing, but that is not as major as this.

LoyalACFan
07-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I think people are jumping to the conclusion that the Lost Mayan Temple bonus is the ONLY content there will be regarding the Mayans. Remember, Connor is sailing all over the Caribbean during the main story. Given the nature of the 2012 doomsday plot, I think it's a fair bet that he's going to interact with some Mayan stuff while he's down there. Heck, he might even visit the lost temple in the main story, and the DLC is just an opportunity to explore the interior of it. There were plenty of landmarks in the campaign of the Ezio saga that were prominent in the story, but we only got to enter them in a DLC mission. The Medici palazzo, L'Arsenale shipyard, the list goes on. As a matter of fact, it would be a bit silly for Connor to visit a Mayan temple out of the blue if he wasn't already active in the area during the campaign.

zainzombie
07-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Okay so one of the dlc's is the Mayan Temple. What if Connor is the one who ends the calender of the Mayan's in 2012?

Like TWCB tell him of the Templars plans to end the world and Connor warns the future?

Thoughts?

Am I missing something in the story?.. When was it Templars plan to end the world?.. I thought Templars just wanted to control the world.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Satelite Launch can be somewhat summed up as it would basically take away all freedom, so in a way too the Assassin's it's basically a war lost.

Lonesoldier2012
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Am I missing something in the story?.. When was it Templars plan to end the world?.. I thought Templars just wanted to control the world.

What Hasoon said.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Satelite Launch can be somewhat summed up as it would basically take away all freedom, so in a way too the Assassin's it's basically a war lost.
Regardless, the end of the world is usually (in the AC games) referring to the solar flare, not the Templar satellite launch (though the 2 might not be entirely unrelated considering the date).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Both of them lead to everybody being screwed :P

Norcent31
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I think the Mayan DLC is just gonna be like the Vlad the Impaler’s Prison from Revelations, you complete the run-through, then get the sawtooth sword.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, and the reward is the coolest.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Both of them lead to everybody being screwed :P
Well not entirely. The Templar Satellite leads to everybody being screwed except the Templars (well, imo it'd probably still eventually lead to everybody being screwed in the end due to serious flaws in the idea that everybody following the same metaphorical path would be a bad thing in terms of evolution, but that's debatable).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:21 PM
So both are ''the end of the world'' but one of them is more direct.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:25 PM
So both are ''the end of the world'' but one of them is more direct.
Arguably, yes, but again in general the term is used to refer to the solar flare.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I really wanted that missions as a main mission, so much potential...

MT4K
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Never really liked the term "end of the world" because let's be honest. The world will still exist after both of those outcomes. The solar flare may be the end of Humanity and turn the world into a giant uninhabitable fireball, but it would still exist.

I guess it's not important though :P.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
What's the point if we are all dead o_o?

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Never really liked the term "end of the world" because let's be honest. The world will still exist after both of those outcomes. The solar flare may be the end of Humanity and turn the world into a giant un-inhabitable fireball, but it would still exist.

I guess it's not important though :P.
True. The world won't care.

The thing is though, if humanity wasn't wiped out last time, why would it be this time? Was the help of TWCB in the rebuilding that necessary?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Pretty sure TWCB had a big role in rebuilding.
+ Barely any survived, this time there is no guarantee.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure TWCB had a big role in rebuilding.
+ Barely any survived, this time there is no guarantee.
Well, "barely any" would actually be 7,000 to 10,000 and I doubt we had a population of 7,000,000,000 right before it happened, so...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
We were never told how much we were pre-first flare, but they said ''Only a few'' in the ending of Rev, so who knows.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
We were never told how much we were pre-first flare, but they said ''Only a few'' in the ending of Rev, so who knows.
Actually, Jupiter was pretty clear it was around 10,000 and since it's the same event as the Toba Catastrophe (the number of survivors matches) we have no reason to doubt that. The "only a few" is referring to the surviving TWCB.

Pre-flare is unlikely to have been in the billions for obvious reasons.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah, sorry, I was thinking of TWCB. Lol.
But there is still no guarantee of survival. Better safe than sorry.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah, sorry, I was thinking of TWCB. Lol.
But there is still no guarantee of survival. Better safe than sorry.
True, I'm just wondering what factor exactly makes it the end of the world.

LoyalACFan
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I really wanted that missions as a main mission, so much potential...

Read my post from the first page. I can almost guarantee we'll be doing stuff with the Mayans while we're down in the Caribbean.