PDA

View Full Version : Tournament - maybe little change?

mortis3mortis
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Tournament = 3 hours
but who heave the first place? players who can play in this time many games,
if you go to tournamen not exacly when tournament starts you dont heave chance to win

http://www.image-share.com/upload/1598/69.jpg for now winner isnt payer who play 6 times and never lose, winner is player who had 10 win on 14 duels....
so winner is player who win in 70% matches and 2ndand 3rd place is for players with 100% wins but less time to play.....

isnt not fair?

mayby it will be more fair when every one who are on tournament can in this 3 hours do for example max 20 duels
more people will be heave opportunity to take participation in tournament cos they dont heave to be from the begginning to the end without break

Ch3rryAC
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
These are Daily tournaments at given hour, so why players who get there at the start shouldn't be rewarded?

Nonetheless tournament system will be improved after Beta ;)

mortis3mortis
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
i mean, if there will be maximum of duels at player in tournament, everyone will be heave the same chance to win
for now even 1 loooong duel with oponent who make his turn sloooowly and you are 1-2 duels back ....
and there are deck like necro where fights are longer becouse necro is not fast and strong and necro duels are longer

its nof fair and dont rate winning but fastest players

r3tsa
07-04-2012, 10:17 PM
You're missing one thing, when u start later u will probably play opponents rated higher, more weird is the fact that tournament duels affect overall rating, i had no idead about that until today.

mortis3mortis
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
No i you start later you dont play with better oponent, you will fight against oponents who are at the similar position to you so 0 in tournament rating :p

i just want that winner isnt player who win 20 duels and lose 7 but player who win 15 and lose 0

its more fair in my opinion for now its variously

if it will be number of maximum duels it will be more fair in my opinion cos time of duels etc wont be change anything

r3tsa
07-05-2012, 12:07 AM
You play opponent closest to your skill ranking, who is available to play at the moment, not to mention there can be some hidden ranking, or some messing with your ladder ranking. I don't see your point, in sport disciplines case is the same.

mortis3mortis
07-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Yea? so in sport disciplines there is time limit and team who play more matches is winner?
see the screenshoot? winner isnt best player, winner is player who do a lot of duels and win 2/3 of them, players who win all matches are lower
it isnt fair and it isnt like in sport disciplines

judge skill not speed in making turns

if 1st,2ns and 3rd players in this case play a same numbers of duels it probably will be different winner

r3tsa
07-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Omg, assembling deck capable of fast winning is also a skill. What you really want is a bracket tournament, which is slower to play, i think instead of whining about that you should whine about that tournament games are BO1. First thing first, this got huge impact on which one of two players deserves the skill points for ranking. Dailies are supossed to be fast, you are supposed to play as much as you can. If u can cut the time from duels two negate your loses, that's your advantage.

As for my sport reference, look at leagues, no matter how many matches player plays, wins the one with most wins(because wins generates most ranking points).

TrollMash
07-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd agree with r3tsa ...in order to win a tournament ... You should have a tournament deck life's hard :)

what I would like to see in this game-mod is another tournament going a bit later (you know for people that work 'n stuff) like 7-8 PM (could be shorter as well) something for casual players to look forward to and yet opportunity to more committed players to pwn some n00bs.