PDA

View Full Version : Rise up and be one of the first to see Assassin's Creed III - live in uk

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 10:17 AM
From the 4th of July through to the end of August, Ubisoft are giving fans the chance to see Assassin's Creed III gameplay live at their local store.

The in-store demo will give you a look at the game in action as our new Assassin explores the dynamic city of Boston, tracks down a Templar target in the vast wilderness of the Frontier and takes to the high seas in the largest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed to date.

Stores open on 4th July*:

GAME Newcastle (9am to 5:30pm only)
GAME London Oxford St
GAME Bristol Cribbs Causeway
GAME Nottingham
GAME Manchester Trafford Centre
GAME The Fort Glasgow*

For a FULL list of available stores and presentation timings, please visit
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/news/index.aspx
or
https://foursquare.com/ubisoft/list/assassins-creed-iii-uk-tour

For more information, please contact your local store. Store locations and dates are subject to change.

ID will be required to view the game, so please bring it with you.

18th Century North America.

After more than 20 years of conflict, the 13 American colonies and the British Crown are on the brink of war.

Battle lines are drawn.

Bloodshed is inevitable.

Out of the embers of his burning village, a new assassin will RISE.

Watch the brand new RISE trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boy11rMf50Q

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Pro American..and you claim neutrality? how wonderful, Ubisoft.

iNEEDSmeINSIDES
07-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Using a trailer like that in a thread about an event in the UK goes to prove irony is not lost.

I was just about getting past the fact that the villains are constantly being shown to be only British troops in the marketing materials, but it is getting beyond daft now.

I know in the game it will not be as one sided as it is being shown currently but at this rate I will not experience that first hand.

That trailer can very probably be counted as whitewashing history, terrible.

SoullessKassidy
07-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Pro American..and you claim neutrality? how wonderful, Ubisoft.

when it come to special editions they are not pro american :rolleyes:

Captain Tomatoz
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Can't wait for the 25th July :D

POP1Fan
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
The thing was GREAT. In this they weren't pro-american at all.They were pro-people who should chose their own life.THAT IS what the Assassins stand for : LIBERTY. They want to help the opressed people.This trailer is miles away diffrent from the disaster that was presented yesterday.

This is awesome.

Aphex_Tim
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
You think the music will be a main theme in AC3?

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
The thing was GREAT. In this they weren't pro-american at all.They were pro-people who should chose their own life.THAT IS what the Assassins stand for : LIBERTY. They want to help the opressed people.This trailer is miles away diffrent from the disaster that was presented yesterday.

This is awesome.

I completely agreed with you there :) I love the music in the trailer too.

POP1Fan
07-04-2012, 10:56 AM
You think the music will be a main theme in AC3?

I'm pretty sure that the song is My Body is A Cage by Peter Gabriel.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Oh yeah you're right :)

Aphex_Tim
07-04-2012, 11:05 AM

Ah yes, you're right!

The in-store demo will give you a look at the game in action as our new Assassin explores the dynamic city of Boston, tracks down a Templar target in the vast wilderness of the Frontier and takes to the high seas in the largest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed to date.

This sounds pretty much like what we've seen from E3... Are they just gonna show that?

Andouce
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
I agree with the first 2 posts. This so called neutrality is getting beyond a joke now. I too actually just forgot about it but yet again ubisoft, you fail to show your claim to it. When can I actually see footage of these so called Templars on BOTH sides? Or better still seeing an American Officer getting assassinated instead of countless British soldiers/officers being torn apart?
Kind of a bad idea to use this in Britain.

Locopells
07-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Oh bloody, bloody hell.

For a trailer about Assassin's Creed, I love how the assassin barely show up.

Layytez
07-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Oh bloody, bloody hell.

For a trailer about Assassin's Creed, I love how the assassin barely show up.

This lol.

brick177
07-04-2012, 12:20 PM

This is awesome.

This is what I was thinking. They actually don't show anything pro-American in the video, it is all pro-Liberty. People need to stop taking sides with the belligerents' modern societies and look at what the war was actually about, freedom from monarchy. Ubisift is a French company, their revolution was a direct result of the American revolution and they fought it over the same thing, and countless countries world wide have fought and are still fighting for freedom from tyranny and imperialism. The theme is universal, not American.

While the historical context is obviously American, the theme is not. It speaks to the struggle of mankind since the beginning of time (much like the story of the Assassins and Templars) Assassins seeking peace through freedom and Templars seeking peace through domination.

To my British friends I say this: At least this game isn't about the British Raj like some were hypothesizing.

POP1Fan
07-04-2012, 12:26 PM
This is what I was thinking. They actually don't show anything pro-American in the video, it is all pro-Liberty. People need to stop taking sides with the belligerents' modern societies and look at what the war was actually about, freedom from monarchy. Ubisift is a French company, their revolution was a direct result of the American revolution and they fought it over the same thing, and countless countries world wide have fought and are still fighting for freedom from tyranny and imperialism. The theme is universal, not American.

While the historical context is obviously American, the theme is not. It speaks to the struggle of mankind since the beginning of time (much like the story of the Assassins and Templars) Assassins seeking peace through freedom and Templars seeking peace through domination.

To my British friends I say this: At least this game isn't about the British Raj like some were hypothesizing.

This trailer really "promotes" liberty and this is very assassin-like, but you must admit that the one from yesterday was made to appeal to american people so much.I would really like your opinion because you are from the USA.
And I must say it again, this trailer IS AWESOME.You can actually feel the struggle of some opressed people in this one, and it is so that the opressed people are americans.

Locopells
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
It promotes revolution. Particularly the revolution which is the backdrop to the game. Personally, I'd like to actually see more about Connor, his story, the Assassins and how they fit into this backdrop, rather then keep going on about it.

thecodeman715
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM

This is awesome.

Couldn't have said it any better

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Then why not show some negative sides of the Americans? not just ''Hurr durr liberty!'' back then Liberty was different. Why not show the slaves? why not show that the founding father smoked Marijuana?

berserker134
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
ok this game is pro american so this is stupid stuff man

freddie_1897
07-04-2012, 04:50 PM
i hate this trailer with a passion

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
The problem is all of the marketing is like this, if the marketing was balanced, but this is 4th July, I would understand, but this is just...why?

TaleraRis
07-04-2012, 07:45 PM
It sucks this is only in the UK.

DemigodWL
07-04-2012, 08:32 PM
It sucks this is only in the UK.

I think its superposed to be an olive branch of sorts. No doubt there will be lots of PR people saying "NO its not anti british Conner is neutral, its templars v assassins. Come and see him kill some redcoats." :roll like at e3 But It all depends on what they show to be honest. But putting it up with this trailer as they have is, to be polite misguided.

Layytez
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
They not doing one in GAME in Stratfords Westfield ? :( . Is there one in romford since i missed todays one at oxford ?

berserker134
07-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Can't wait for the 25th July :D

whats on the 25th?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Yeah, what's on the 25th?
3 months too go....

GunnarGunderson
07-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Why are they showing off their game on the 4th of July only in Britain? It seems kind of dumb since today has no significance across the pond

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Dunno...too rub it in they're face? lol.

SoullessKassidy
07-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Why are they showing off their game on the 4th of July only in Britain? It seems kind of dumb since today has no significance across the pond

because they don't give a rats *** about NA fans

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
They are sending mixed messages. :(

AnthonyA85
07-06-2012, 02:42 AM
The closest showing to where I live is in Sheffield on the 3rd of August, in about 4 weeks, i'll have to see if one of my parents can take me, and i'll try to sneak in the camcorder i got her :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Keep in mind it's 18+
Which is stupid because alot of the fanbase is less than 18. Which is proven by the fact that alot of chairs were empty.

Layytez
07-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Which GAME in Romford is it ?

Mr_Shade
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Which GAME in Romford is it ?
Best to check with Game directly.

Captain Tomatoz
07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
whats on the 25th?

It's the date that it's in York. (where I live) :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Just wondering, when is the next event?

Locopells
07-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Not sure. I think there's a thread somewhere on the subject.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:22 AM
I think it was the 10th?
But no one made a thread about it....

Layytez
07-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Probably not worth it considering we haven't seen anything remotely new.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Still, it is played live, meaning different stuff.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Well if different is a different approach then it isn't so different other than just the approach ?

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 09:45 PM

This is awesome.

Thank god for someone with a brain!

Vorgoth911
07-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Then why not show some negative sides of the Americans? not just ''Hurr durr liberty!'' back then Liberty was different. Why not show the slaves? why not show that the founding father smoked Marijuana?

In the trailer? It will probably be touched on in the game. There's been slavery everywhere, and btw the slaves were brought in before the American revolution. "Hurr durr liberty!"... so what? "Go King and Country for Oppression, Murder, and Imperialism!" These were English people who were sick of treatment and fought against their Government. They smoked pot, Oh no!

stargate55555
07-19-2012, 10:02 PM
I wish Ubi had something like that for the US

Captain Tomatoz
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Went to see it today and I was blown away. The youtube videos just don't do the game justice at all. The game looks amazing and really detailed. October can't come soon enough

tarrero
07-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Went to see it today and I was blown away. The youtube videos just don't do the game justice at all. The game looks amazing and really detailed. October can't come soon enough

Cool, any particular thing that you liked the most?

AnthonyA85
07-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Well, the showing that is closest to me is in meadowhall, Sheffield, on friday, that's about a 30/40 minute drive from where i live, and since i can't drive, i'll have to ask one of my parents, or my grandfather to take me (if i can convince them it'll be worth it), if i can't make it, then i'll just have to wait until gamescom, or until i get the game.

But if i can make it, i'll write up a review in this thread of what i think of it

EDIT

Well, that's a resounding 'no' :p so it looks like i'll have to wait 'til either gamescom or when i get the game.

deskp
09-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Can someone please UN-sticky this thread. seeing as it ended in the end of august.

dewgel
09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Can someone please UN-sticky this thread. seeing as it ended in the end of august.

Should probably just leave it to the mods to do it themselves buddy. It's doing no harm where it is and I'm sure they'll drop it when it needs

deskp
09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Should probably just leave it to the mods to do it themselves buddy. It's doing no harm where it is and I'm sure they'll drop it when it needs

It is cluttering up the top part. making us having to scroll a little more to get tothe other posts.

pacmanate
09-02-2012, 03:08 PM
when it come to special editions they are not pro american :rolleyes:

Just laughed hard! I hope they do this again in October when I am 18 but i am very doubtful they would so close to release. As to the post above, im sure you won't over exhaust yourself scrolling that little bit more.