PDA

View Full Version : AC3: What features do you want to see return to AC3?

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Hey everyone,

So the first post for this thread will be short and simple: What features from previous AC games do you want to see make a return in AC3?

These features can be anything from weapons, gadgets, climbing/free-run techniques, VR Training, or features like the hook-and-run, to specific missions, obstacles, Assassins recruits, etc.

You guys can also post replies for suggestions of cool kill animations. I would like to see kill animations with Connor using both his primary weapons and a firearm or other secondary weapon kind of like how Ezio could do counter-kill animations where he would stab an enemy through the chest, and then shoot him off his sword with the hidden gun and it wouldn't use any of his ammunition.

Let me know what you guys think :cool:.

(Oh, and I don't think we will be seeing the hookblade return)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:35 AM
VR training.
With the games new combat system, pretty big must.
A kill animation?
Connor hits him on the leg with a Tomhawk, then he puts his knife into his hand, making his weapon fall, then he kicks him in the other leg, making him fall onto his knees, then finally hit him with the Tomhawk too the face.
Yes, wont happen, and I am not actually serious with the above suggestion.

Personally I just want NO RE USED animations. Had enough of those for 3 games already. And no akward ''pauses'' when Connor counters another enemy, I want a perfect flow.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:13 AM
VR training.
With the games new combat system, pretty big must.
A kill animation?
Connor hits him on the leg with a Tomhawk, then he puts his knife into his hand, making his weapon fall, then he kicks him in the other leg, making him fall onto his knees, then finally hit him with the Tomhawk too the face.
Yes, wont happen, and I am not actually serious with the above suggestion.

Personally I just want NO RE USED animations. Had enough of those for 3 games already. And no akward ''pauses'' when Connor counters another enemy, I want a perfect flow.

Yeah we NEED VR training.
As for kill animations, I've seen some kill-animations where Connor kills someone with his tomahawk in the EXACT same way Ezio kills someone with his dagger.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Yep, I saw that. I was diss-appointed. They promised completely new animations, which is kinda why I did not go out of my way too try and get the Sawtooth sword, for what I know, could be re-used animations.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Yep, I saw that. I was diss-appointed. They promised completely new animations, which is kinda why I did not go out of my way too try and get the Sawtooth sword, for what I know, could be re-used animations.

I think they said there would be kill animations exclusive to that sword ONLY, sorta like the Vlad the Impaler sword.
I think that Connor will be able to use swords rather than his tomahawk besides the Sawtooth Sword.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Dont know, in the 18th century, barely anybody used swords.

GunnarGunderson
07-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Not a returning feature but I'd like to be able to hold up soldiers at gunpoint like in MGS, and maybe poison crafting with different effects like blindness or paralysis

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Hey, do you know what Pontiac's Warclub and the Boarding Axe will be like?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:30 AM
There are no bombs. So yeah. I cant see how that will be really usefull IMO. And how can a poison be poison if it dosen't kill?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:30 AM
*Edit button strikes again, cant edit*
The axe is probably another skin for the Tomhawk, the pontiac club? As the TF2 medic would say, I have no idea.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Not a returning feature but I'd like to be able to hold up soldiers at gunpoint like in MGS, and maybe poison crafting with different effects like blindness or paralysis

You can use soldiers as human body shields so I don't see why you can pull a gun out and press it into their temple. Ubisoft should put that in.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
*Edit button strikes again, cant edit*
The axe is probably another skin for the Tomhawk, the pontiac club? As the TF2 medic would say, I have no idea.

I hope there is something special about them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Nah, that's basically a human sheild, what's the difference? just that there is a gun?

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Wow, I just made a typo on my last post. I edited it though. Sucks how it won't work for you.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I keep trying too click on ''save'' but it just wont work. Neither does reply with quote.
Anybody here wondering how Air Assassinations will look like?

GunnarGunderson
07-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Nah, that's basically a human sheild, what's the difference? just that there is a gun? If you're replying to me, I meant something like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=85R-j3tjRwA#t=13s

I wasn't referring to a human shield or hostage

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:43 AM
That's basically holding a hostage. From what I saw *Where the video started* basically he was aiming there and the guy moved. Really, human shield, except it really would have no relevance in AC III. Unless I am missing something.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:44 AM
I keep trying too click on ''save'' but it just wont work. Neither does reply with quote.
Anybody here wondering how Air Assassinations will look like?

Well I think they said we will be able to air assassinate enemies with almost every one of Connor's weapons like tomahawks as well as muskets kind of like in AC multiplayer. We have yet to see an assassination with the actual hidden blade lol.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Can we assassinate with hands? XD

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Can we assassinate with hands? XD

Well in the Boston demo Connor took cover behind that wall (new feature) and choked that guy to death!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Wait...oh right, he did do that o_o......
They seriously were not kidding.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Wait...oh right, he did do that o_o......
They seriously were not kidding.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this game :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:57 AM
I just hope for historical accuracy. Benjamin Franklin aswell should be accurate. As in show the fact he well....lets just say he was a pimp.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:59 AM
I just hope for historical accuracy. Benjamin Franklin aswell should be accurate. As in show the fact he well....lets just say he was a pimp.

hehe...pimp

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:59 AM
I am not kidding. Historically accurate pimp.
.....What did I just say?

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
I am not kidding. Historically accurate pimp.
.....What did I just say?

That would be fun to see in the game xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:04 AM
I think he will replace Da Vinci. I will probably not like him as Da Vinci, as Da Vinci was more of a friend that just happened too be able too decode everything.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I think he will replace Da Vinci. I will probably not like him as Da Vinci, as Da Vinci was more of a friend that just happened too be able too decode everything.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Connor needs a wife!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:26 AM
It does cover alot of time, so we may see that.
Or be a mystery till a later date.

DBZFAN202
07-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I've gotten bored with swords, don't care for em much anymore. What I DO want to come back though is the ability to remove armor (was that even in previous games?) I also have an idea for a new feature, the ability to switch between one blade or two hidden blades, I have seen an image that shows Connor wielding two blades? I really just want to use one, Connor's already got his tomahawk anyway.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Yep. You aren't forced too use two, you can go old school with 2, or use the blade that becomes a dagger.

xChupa
07-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Two things that I want back which are not certain are VR Training and the ability to move dead bodies.

VR Training because the combat system is new and I thought the challenge rooms added a lot of replay value. I'd like stealth challenge rooms to return also for the same replayability reason.

Moving bodies because it greatly improved stealth in non-public areas, and in public areas it could be used as a distraction (throw guard off roof, create chaos and cause guards to investigate). Not to mention it's always fun to just throw a guard off a roof onto a crowded street and watch everyone freak out.
Now I dont see why they would ever remove this feature since it was in the last three games, but since ACIII is a new chapter in the AC series I worry since with all the new features they might be running short on button space. Besides they've needlessly removed great features before *cough* VR TRAINING *cough*

**On a side note, does anyone know exactly how crouching works? Do we get a designated crouch button where we can crouch whenever we want, or do we automatically crouch when near a guard with no civilians nearby, or are there only 'crouch specific' areas such as bushes that we can crouch in?
Initially when I saw the Frontier gameplay demo I as struck with glee when I saw Connor crouch since that's a feature I've been wanting since ACI and that was the feature I was most excited to see.
But upon further investigation and watching more videos it appeared that Connor can only crouch in those bushes and that's it.
Anyone know if that's true?
If it is I'll be super disappointed. I want to be able to crouch on rooftops, in assassin tombs, in the snow, ect. Not just bushes.
If we got a designated crouch button, I'll be more than happy.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 09:25 AM
You cant crouch everywhere, I believe he will be able too crouch on rooftops, as I saw him crouching when that cutscene with Silus drinking tea started.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 09:26 AM
But quite honestly I dont care. It will probably be for bushes. I like that idea, as I liked how AC's stealth felt...more tough because of no crouch, it made stealth more fun IMO.

BBALive
07-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Don't think as it as if you're missing out on something, because you aren't. Yes, they've reused animations, but they've done is created a completely new animation-set for each weapon and then just added some old animations on top for more variety. Even the re-used animations have been altered slightly.

But that's wrong. They would still use swords, but as a last-resort weapon. They were also awarded to brave and high-ranking soldiers.

Anyway, I want VR training, Native American spears that can be equipped and carried around, dual-wielding daggers/knives, extensive outfit dyeing system, non-lethal poison and various arrow types.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Those were Sabres, not really swords. But 9/10 they wont use them.

Flying-Assassin
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Economy system.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:37 PM
That's back, how different, I have no idea.

BBALive
07-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Those were Sabres, not really swords. But 9/10 they wont use them.

A sabre is a type of sword.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Well yeah, but not the type of sword we are used too.
But it was very rare use, even in CQC, they just used the Bayonett.

BBALive
07-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Well yeah, but not the type of sword we are used too.
But it was very rare use, even in CQC, they just used the Bayonett.

Like I said, it was a last resort weapon.

Sabres have been in Assassin's Creed before, it's nothing new.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Not many tho. I think we are gonna just have the Sawtooth Sword.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyway, I want VR training, Native American spears that can be equipped and carried around, dual-wielding daggers/knives, extensive outfit dyeing system, non-lethal poison and various arrow types.

Native American spears would be cool. Maybe for the blacksmith store, we can craft our own weapons. Like for a sword, you could choose a handle, then a hilt, and then the blade itself.
As for arrows, maybe you can craft arrows in the same aspect as we crafted bombs in ACR. Like you could choose the type of wood, then the arrow head, then you could choose to put poison on the tip or something like that. Just an idea :P.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Or be a real man and use Native American arrows.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Virtual training.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:42 PM
VR bow and arrow only..lol.

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Mystery, tombs/lairs and glyph puzzles, MANY glyph puzzles :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Glyphs and lairs are back.

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Glyphs and lairs are back.

I really REALLY hope so!

Everything about the glyph puzzles is perfect.

Searching them is fun, the atmosphere is great, the information is great, solving them is a challenge and really fun to do, the reward you get when you completed them all is amazing.

I just love it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Devs said so, so yeah.

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Devs said so, so yeah.

Do you have a source with the devs confirming the glyph puzzles?
i would really appreciate that:).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Game informer April 2012

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Game informer April 2012

Thanks bro. I'll have to read it again then because i can't remember :nonchalance:.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Do you have a source with the devs confirming the glyph puzzles?
i would really appreciate that:).

I hope they get more into "The Truth"

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I forgot I had that. I didn't even read it...

De Filosoof
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I hope they get more into "The Truth"

Yeah me too.

I'd like to know more about the humans and TWCB before the solar flare catastrophe happened.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
This is AC III, that is what the game is for. Too answer our questions.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I've wanted a section of the game to be twcb for a while. I mean playable.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Playable TWCB? how?

LightRey
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Playable TWCB? how?
Well Desmond should have TWCB ancestors, so...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
But we are focusing on Connor /: What would he want from TWCB ancestors?

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:11 AM
But we are focusing on Connor /: What would he want from TWCB ancestors?

The location of another one of those TWCB temples maybe? I dunno :P

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
We are looking for the Grand Temple, which AC III starts with you right infront of it, basically.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
So, the secrets will unravel from there.

De Filosoof
07-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I've wanted a section of the game to be twcb for a while. I mean playable.

Yeah that would be too epic.
It would be cool if it was something like the Altair memory in AC2 but a little longer.
That would be an awesome reward for completing the glyph puzzles.

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 12:31 AM
This has gotten a bit off the topic... ah whateva. I don't understand why everyone thought Desmond's mission in the game is to find a way into the grand temple. Jupiter says how at the end of ACR.
I'd love that as a reward for beating the glyph puzzles, but I think Ubi already has something in mind for that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
He is basically right infront of it. He probably goes there and it leads him too Connor.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:36 AM
He is basically right infront of it. He probably goes there and it leads him too Connor.

I wonder what role Desmond's dad will play. Will he be the new Lucy?

BRANDONxPRODIGY
07-06-2012, 12:39 AM
VR training but without the blocky animus stuff. have different areas for different challenges, like a rainy section of the frontier in night time for stealth modes and an open part of boston for fighting the hordes of templars. also have co-op modes for stuff like racing so we can face our friends

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
I wonder what role Desmond's dad will play. Will he be the new Lucy?

I think he gets kidnapped or the sent templars get their mules handed to them.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
VR training but without the blocky animus stuff. have different areas for different challenges, like a rainy section of the frontier in night time for stealth modes and an open part of boston for fighting the hordes of templars. also have co-op modes for stuff like racing so we can face our friends

I like that idea. Maybe they could make little arenas for the combat and for freerunning you could do old courses in Florence, Venice, Rome, etc.