PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to today's events capturing any footage?

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Since I'm not from England I was wondering if anyone will try and capture footage If anything new is shown at the events.
Correct me If I'm wrong but is it one day only or will it run for more than one day?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Pretty sure you cant. Because it seems like a closed room. Wont see any tho.

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Pretty sure you cant. Because it seems like a closed room. Wont see any tho.

If it is a closed room then why would they let the public in? Unless of course you have to pay to see it. Because if it
is free then that would be a stupid idea on Ubisoft's behalf, despite that I have nothing against seeing it for free anyway.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:10 AM
From the screeny I saw, they will have displays, but maybe too avoid capturing, they put people in a bunch in a small room.

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:11 AM
From the screeny I saw, they will have displays, but maybe too avoid capturing, they put people in a bunch in a small room.

Could you possibly give me a link for a screenshot? I haven't seen any.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Here ya go: https://p.twimg.com/Aw5IEwZCAAAeYuq.jpg:large

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Here ya go: https://p.twimg.com/Aw5IEwZCAAAeYuq.jpg:large

Thanks! That looks great. Personally, I don't think they'd go to all that effort for old content. They'll probably show something new.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Yeah, if they showcase that E3 demo would be a waste.
Too be fair, the marketing campaign for AC III seems too be the price of 3 games put together, so cant really say much there.

Legendz54
07-04-2012, 06:22 AM
I hope this isn't another PAX, someone take a recording pen or something please...

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:25 AM
I hope this isn't another PAX, someone take a recording pen or something please...

Or perhaps one of these.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/main/sites/default/files/column-covers/Homer-and-Apu.png

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Wait....Lonelysoldier said he had a pair of sunglasses which had camera basically....
Is he online? xD

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Wait....Lonelysoldier said he had a pair of sunglasses which had camera basically....
Is he online? xD

PM him immediately! Hahahahah

Legendz54
07-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Is he online? xD

Wait what.. he had a pair of sunglasses that records?? If that is true then he is a hero.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:29 AM
On the off topic thread, he made a story about a Gamestop girl, we asked for pic proof or it was fake, then he said if he only had his recording glasses on....

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:34 AM
On the off topic thread, he made a story about a Gamestop girl, we asked for pic proof or it was fake, then he said if he only had his recording glasses on....

I have PM'd him. Hopefully he responds. XD But he's in America isn't he? I thought the events were only in England.

GunnarGunderson
07-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Why does Canada always get shafted? AC is from Canada

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Why does Canada always get shafted? AC is from Canada

On that note is surprises me how Australia is one of the furthest from AC headquarters and yet we get the best Collectors Editions and deals. :L

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I never understood the phrase ''shafted''
I guess England was more theme appropriate? dunno.

dewgel
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm going to the VIP event at Newcastle and the daytime too, I'll certainly write up what I see on here but I won't be recording or making attempts to unless anyone says I can.

It might sound a tad rude that I'm not willing to do that for anyone, but I'm not risking getting kicked out and possibly banned from any future events like this just to please other people.

I'm sure there'll be some similar events in America, eh? :)

PS I think the England ones are easier because we're smaller ;) They're only doing it at 5 GAME stores. It's behind closed doors because it's an 18 rated game here and legally they can't let anyone under 18 see the game.

I'm heading up there in about an hour! SOO Excited

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Just..put spoilers on it, because I would hate having a portion of the game spoiled.
But if it shows a bluecoat being killed *Which we all know 6969696% wont be shown* just write *SPOILER* Blue coat killed *SPOILER*

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm going to the VIP event at Newcastle and the daytime too, I'll certainly write up what I see on here but I won't be recording or making attempts to unless anyone says I can.

It might sound a tad rude that I'm not willing to do that for anyone, but I'm not risking getting kicked out and possibly banned from any future events like this just to please other people.

I'm sure there'll be some similar events in America, eh? :)

PS I think the England ones are easier because we're smaller ;) They're only doing it at 5 GAME stores. It's behind closed doors because it's an 18 rated game here and legally they can't let anyone under 18 see the game.

I'm heading up there in about an hour! SOO Excited

Of course at no time should you jeopardise your spot in that viewing. I think If we get any footage it's more of a bonus. But if it's not allowed then by all means don't do it. Good Luck :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Imagine if it's the E3 demo? lol.

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Imagine if it's the E3 demo? lol.

Imagine they've paid. XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 09:02 AM
They may show what was showcased on PAX, I am just avoiding everything.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 09:35 AM
apparently they doing the live demo at GAME and other storesthing staring july 4th through the end of august at different cities http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-56740&ct=tcm:6-231-32

Layytez
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
apparently they doing the live demo at GAME and other storesthing staring july 4th through the end of august at different cities http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-56740&ct=tcm:6-231-32

Sounds like the demos we have already seen.

Timeaus
07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Sounds like the demos we have already seen.

yeah pretty much, so nothing really new sounded like it's just the three demos from E3

Captain Tomatoz
07-04-2012, 10:08 AM

Yes! York is on the list :D

It's funny how Game and Gamestation are still classed as separate shops when they are both the same company.

dewgel
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Well considering the VIP event I'm going to afterwards is 2 hours long, I'm expecting a couple of demos, and a multiplayer demo (possibly)

To be fair, I'm not bothered if it's old what they show. I'd happily watch the Frontier demo being player in person, and I'd more than happily be around other fans in real life :D It's all about the atmosphere ;D

I'm heading up there now. I'll let you guys know what I saw, I'll try post on my iPhone, but the Ubi forums lag the hell out of it. If you guys want, just check my twitter (@dewgel) for any posts I make. Any photos I take I'll be putting on there too, but like I said, if we're told no photos / videos (which I imagine is the case) then I'll honor it. (I'll deffo get some snaps of the set up and stuff though ;))

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Probably a presentation, the 3 demos, trailers and probably a match of Deathmatch if that is there.

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 10:57 AM
*important*

Remember if you are going to attend the public Game events - take ID with you.

They have to check your age before you can see the gameplay - for legal reasons ;)

dewgel
07-04-2012, 11:05 AM
*important*

Remember if you are going to attend the public Game events - take ID with you.

They have to check your age before you can see the gameplay - for legal reasons ;)

Shade, I think you may have slipped something out there :D You said play, but they're saying it's not playable. But you still need ID to view it, correct.

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I think it's old content that they are showing.

https://p.twimg.com/Aw819HnCIAA48In.jpg

EscoBlades
07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
*munches popcorn*

*sees Shadey's post*

I don't need no ID, i certainly don't look young(er) anymore, lol

Layytez
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Well that sucks :(

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
[For some reason my iPad removed the game from it.. LOL ;)

dewgel
07-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Well that sucks :(

That doesn't mean they're showing old footage, that means that specific part is old footage :D

Legendz54
07-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Keep updating us with these pictures just incase there is something new :)

Layytez
07-04-2012, 11:43 AM
That doesn't mean they're showing old footage, that means that specific part is old footage :D

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-56740&ct=tcm:6-231-32

Read what it says about the demo.

KrYpToNiC95
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Like; The-Hollow said, if you read the description on the AC site you'll see that the description for the content is the 3 E3 demo's. They most likely won't see anything new.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-gb/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:21-56740&ct=tcm:6-231-32

read what it says about the demo.

What a waste!

sasukeuchiha50
07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Lol.

Locopells
07-04-2012, 12:40 PM
If that's the case, no real suprise there. GAME worded it very carefully from the start.

White24Room
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I hope someone will upload the demo on youtube

AllThatJuice
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Im too lazy for the 20 minute walk to go see the demo...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:15 PM
LMAO. I told you all, I told you.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Looks like i didn't need to use my camera glasses after all XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
If it was playable, I will either book a ticket too England, or go crawl into a circle and cry.

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Well according to twitter - some people seem to have been impressed ;)

I'm sure they will post their thoughts ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:51 PM
E3 demos. If they liked them, means they are impressed.

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
E3 demos. If they liked them, means they are impressed.
While it maybe the same basic content - the demo was played live at the VIP event.. so slightly different things may have been seen ;)

Also its a chance for people to see the real graphics, without nasty compression added by youtube, so if you get the chance to see it in the flesh - I suggest you do ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:03 PM
720p on YouTube, the game looked incredibly amazing.

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
720p on YouTube, the game looked incredibly amazing.Still not the same as seeing it in real life - trust me..

I have seen 720p video on youtube and it didn't look a patch on the real game - youtube compression blurs fine detail such as textures.. which many people have criticised as being 'blurry' in the game.. shame that's down to youtube..

Also the fine detail in things such as snow.. is lost...

However I know people won't believe me, so I'll let the community decide ;)

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img860/4085/vypxb.jpg

Our dear friend Esco tweeted this, from Newcastle.
Looks like the Boston gameplay, but are they doing something else?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:07 PM
,,,Are they fighting on a roof top?

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Like I said...

it maybe the same basic gameplay as seen at E3 - but it's played live.. so anything can happen - don't expect the same route or fights;)

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 07:09 PM

I think it looks like the street.
One thing I did notice was the Assassin emblem gone RED.
Possibly an infamous sign?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I think it's the third level of the first notoriety.

Layytez
07-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I think it looks like the street.
One thing I did notice was the Assassin emblem gone RED.
Possibly an infamous sign?

That's not the first time it's gone red. It was also red when connor was fighting in the market.

Slayer_WTF
07-04-2012, 07:11 PM
PS3 or 360? I can not figure out whether this is a DUALSHOCK.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:12 PM
No, I believe it was yellow, I think each small dot has several levels too it, the more you piss them off, better guards come after you. I may have missed the red tho, so I am not sure.

De Filosoof
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM

No it looks like a roof because of the shadow.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Aha, I always wondered what that meant. Didn't pay too much attention while he as fighting because of his awesome moves.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
****. Looks like i need to buy those camera glasses and hop on the next plane to wherever the demo is XD.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Told you he has camera glasses...xD

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Told you he has camera glasses...xD

No. You said LonelySoldier has camera glasses.

I'm Lonesoldier. Lol.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:34 PM
...But same thing, you are lonely XD

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 07:37 PM
...But same thing, you are lonely XD

No. My username comes from the song from the ACR trailer. Where he says a Soldier On My Own. I am.

IE Lonesoldier.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 07:46 PM
No. My username comes from the song from the ACR trailer. Where he says a Soldier On My Own. I am.

IE Lonesoldier.

Actually, he sings "A soldier on my own, I don't know the way."

Hehe. :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:47 PM
So...lonelysolider *Will use that >_> <_<* Name is wrong? LOL.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Actually, he sings "A soldier on my own, I don't know the way."

Hehe. :)
Oops. He says I am. A soldier on my own. My bad.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Oops. He says I am. A soldier on my own. My bad.

Right, I remember now ;)

dewgel
07-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Okie dokie wellllll....

I'm back from the event. And before anyone gets excited and starts going crazy, there was no "new" footage.

HOWEVER.. As Shade said, it was being played live, and anything could happen.. I watched it 3 - 4 times and obviously different things happened each time.

So most of you have probably watched the Frontier Walkthrough, the Naval gameplay and the Boston demo, correct? Okay assuming you have, I'll list things I noticed.

Frontier:-
Firstly, Josh (Ubisoft's rep) took a slightly different from the start. Not majorly different, but in the initials trees he started jumping to the right. The first thing I noticed here was how beautiful the animation system is. I know AC has always been fairly good for it's animations, but the way Connor's animation transitions to the next is just amazing, this looks awesome on a 1080p Full HD Projector screen ;D

Secondly, whilst he was on his way to demonstrate the rope dart, after jumping off the horse, Josh demonstrated how the snow affects Connor more in detail. It really slows him down so badly (and by the way, the graphics on the snow as he trudged through was just mind blowing. I for one disliked it when I saw the YouTube trailer / gameplay.. but in person it looks so much better)

Thirdly, when he reached the initial battle with the redcoats (after demonstrating the rope dart), Josh used the soldier as a human shield, as in the E3 demo. All the soldiers fired there shots, then after he dropped the soldier, about 3 or 4 of them fired again and shot Connor in cold blood. He survived, and I didn't pay attention to how much health he lost, but he certainly staggered a bit after being hit.

That's all that was different here.. then he loaded the Naval demonstration.

Basically, it was the same as the PlayStation Press Conference, apart from Josh brought up the weapon wheel for Connor's ship (The Aquilis), which showed several different cannons and weapons he had, one being a sort of caltrop trapping net, which you aim at enemies sails and it'll take them down and force them to stop so you can mount their ships.

This next bit is interesting.. one viewer stopped Josh at the end of the Naval better and asked "Is Connor's ship upgradeable, like can you upgrade weapons and the look?" to which he replied, and smirked.. "No Comment"

Boston, was more or less the same. The weapon wheel was brought up again (which is now full screen, so more like a weapon screen), it's got 2 sides to it, I didn't get a good glimpse at what was there but it looked interesting and pretty neat.

My ONLY complaint about the Boston bit, was that Josh got a tad over ran by guards in his fight (I can understand, he was stood on an awkward angle playing the game on a projector), and he fought his way out by obliterating 4 of the guards with his pistols. I felt the 4 shots with the pistols was a little overpowered BUT I think he had to reload after that so that's not too bad.

Oh and for anyone who was wondering about the multiplayer beta for the PS3, another viewer asked about it and he made the same "No comment" response and I'm almost certain from his face he wished he could've said more about that.

All in all I had an amazing time, was great to meet EscoBlades and Josh, really great guys. We were fed Dominoes Pizza and plenty of pop courtesy of Ubi, which was lovely :)

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the info dewgel! :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
We are getting a beta ;DDDDD

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 08:32 PM

My god... EPIC!!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I want a single player demo more than anything tho. Would play it more than the amount of time I put into full games.

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 08:35 PM
If anyone is worried about overpowered weapons or easy combat - I suspect the game was tweaked to allow a better chance of survival in demo situations - much like at E3..

No offence to Josh's playing skills ;)

And before we have threads about betas and other things..

'No Comment' is the official stance - so I do not want to see a repeat of the co-op drama - wait and see.....

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Lol @ Co-op in AC.
I believe in E3 demos they have infinite ammo. As it never depleted in the E3 one.

BBALive
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Okie dokie wellllll....

I'm back from the event. And before anyone gets excited and starts going crazy, there was no "new" footage.

HOWEVER.. As Shade said, it was being played live, and anything could happen.. I watched it 3 - 4 times and obviously different things happened each time.

So most of you have probably watched the Frontier Walkthrough, the Naval gameplay and the Boston demo, correct? Okay assuming you have, I'll list things I noticed.

Frontier:-
Firstly, Josh (Ubisoft's rep) took a slightly different from the start. Not majorly different, but in the initials trees he started jumping to the right. The first thing I noticed here was how beautiful the animation system is. I know AC has always been fairly good for it's animations, but the way Connor's animation transitions to the next is just amazing, this looks awesome on a 1080p Full HD Projector screen ;D

Secondly, whilst he was on his way to demonstrate the rope dart, after jumping off the horse, Josh demonstrated how the snow affects Connor more in detail. It really slows him down so badly (and by the way, the graphics on the snow as he trudged through was just mind blowing. I for one disliked it when I saw the YouTube trailer / gameplay.. but in person it looks so much better)

Thirdly, when he reached the initial battle with the redcoats (after demonstrating the rope dart), Josh used the soldier as a human shield, as in the E3 demo. All the soldiers fired there shots, then after he dropped the soldier, about 3 or 4 of them fired again and shot Connor in cold blood. He survived, and I didn't pay attention to how much health he lost, but he certainly staggered a bit after being hit.

That's all that was different here.. then he loaded the Naval demonstration.

Basically, it was the same as the PlayStation Press Conference, apart from Josh brought up the weapon wheel for Connor's ship (The Aquilis), which showed several different cannons and weapons he had, one being a sort of caltrop trapping net, which you aim at enemies sails and it'll take them down and force them to stop so you can mount their ships.

This next bit is interesting.. one viewer stopped Josh at the end of the Naval better and asked "Is Connor's ship upgradeable, like can you upgrade weapons and the look?" to which he replied, and smirked.. "No Comment"

Boston, was more or less the same. The weapon wheel was brought up again (which is now full screen, so more like a weapon screen), it's got 2 sides to it, I didn't get a good glimpse at what was there but it looked interesting and pretty neat.

My ONLY complaint about the Boston bit, was that Josh got a tad over ran by guards in his fight (I can understand, he was stood on an awkward angle playing the game on a projector), and he fought his way out by obliterating 4 of the guards with his pistols. I felt the 4 shots with the pistols was a little overpowered BUT I think he had to reload after that so that's not too bad.

Oh and for anyone who was wondering about the multiplayer beta for the PS3, another viewer asked about it and he made the same "No comment" response and I'm almost certain from his face he wished he could've said more about that.

All in all I had an amazing time, was great to meet EscoBlades and Josh, really great guys. We were fed Dominoes Pizza and plenty of pop courtesy of Ubi, which was lovely :)

Hopefully they had god-mode turned on or damage turned down. I was really hoping that gunshots would do a lot of damage or kill you outright to encourage you to stay on the move and play strategically.

If he shot his flintlocks 4 times in quick succession then pistol reloading was almost definitely turned off.

I assumed you would be able to upgrade and customise Connor's ship from the first time I saw it, seems even more likely now.

Good news on the beta front, 'no comment' usually means yes.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM

My god... EPIC!!!

EDIT: For Ps3?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW3LtmH5M_c

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Probably, as Ubi liked us more *Trolololol* :P

dewgel
07-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Haha! To be fair, I'm not bothered if damage was turned down or tweaked, it's a game and it would just royally chew you off if you died that easily.

Please, remember.. Josh said NO COMMENT. That can go either way, obviously I'm just telling you what I saw from my point of view, in that he seemed to be letting on that he didn't know. No comment can often mean he actually has no comment and doesn't know.

(Although to be fair, his reaction was marginally different when I asked about 3D, he said he didn't know, not no comment :P)

Don't get your hopes up guys and listen to Mr Shade!

EDIT:

Probably, as Ubi liked us more *Trolololol* :P

I think it's more a case of Sony have probably offered better marketing support than Microsoft etc. Just the same as COD really?

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Guys lets not start the dramas...

No Beta has been announced for any console - so lets hold fire on the waaaaaah's

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Not really, AC was supposed too be a PS3 exclusive series at first, we constantly get bonuses, and we get betas.
But yeah, lets wait it out a bit, if a beat will happen, somewhere in September.

dewgel
07-04-2012, 08:58 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/426946_494665010559840_1228399313_n.jpg
EscoBlades and Josh Winward

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/314751_494665223893152_1259050441_n.jpg
The demo start screen

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/396737_494665270559814_1180493842_n.jpg
The red carpet!

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/544607_494665340559807_413626047_n.jpg
AC1, ACII, ACB and ACR all playable :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Which one is Esco?
And I would be the retro guy and play AC1 ;P

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Nice Dewgel.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Which one is Esco?

Ac1 was the best game yet.

Turul.
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Which one is Esco?

Esco is the one on the right

notafanboy
07-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Ac1 was the best game yet.

thats just the nostalgia talking...

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Esco is the one on the right

Always pictured Esco as a white guy. Don't know why.

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 09:05 PM
thats just the nostalgia talking...

I liked it better then the others. Combat was harder and you had to be stealthy.

Layytez
07-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Wow esco looks huge :eek:

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I imagined Esco being like that. I was right 8D
I loved AC1, my favorite? I dont really know.

dewgel
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Always pictured Esco as a white guy. Don't know why.

Esco's too cool to be white, dude!

By the way, this lady came in.. possibly in her mid 30's, and picked up a poster of the game and went and started talking to Josh and you could tell Esco was thinking " must be getting it for her son ", then a few moments later we overheard her speaking and she was like "I've pre-ordered the Freedom edition from the Ubi workshop, but mind I don't normally trust the internet, I can't wait to see the multiplayer.. I love Brotherhood and Revelations"

Esco and her were talking for about 15 minutes and she was talking about how she watches all the multiplayer videos on Youtube and then she goes "you know, you sound an awful lot like EscoBlades" and he was like "I am EscoBlades!" haha it was so cool, you had to be there to see it ;D Lovely lady to talk to, honestly she knew just as much, if not more about multiplayer and different tactics than most of the hardcore gamers here! Really fine example of how prejudice us humans are :O

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 09:11 PM

By the way, this lady came in.. possibly in her mid 30's, and picked up a poster of the game and went and started talking to Josh and you could tell Esco was thinking " must be getting it for her son ", then a few moments later we overheard her speaking and she was like "I've pre-ordered the Freedom edition from the Ubi workshop, but mind I don't normally trust the internet, I can't wait to see the multiplayer.. I love Brotherhood and Revelations"

Esco and her were talking for about 15 minutes and she was talking about how she watches all the multiplayer videos on Youtube and then she goes "you know, you sound an awful lot like EscoBlades" and he was like "I am EscoBlades!" haha it was so cool, you had to be there to see it ;D Lovely lady to talk to, honestly she knew just as much, if not more about multiplayer and different tactics than most of the hardcore gamers here! Really fine example of how prejudice us humans are :O:drool: Was she hot?

HaSoOoN-MHD
How too win multiplayer: Wanted, Smoke bomb + poison, running around-Revelations.

Lonesoldier2012
How too win multiplayer: Wanted, Smoke bomb + poison, running around-Revelations.

Or Hiddengun.

Turul.
07-04-2012, 09:12 PM
:drool: Was she hot?

prolly

CUZ ALL GURLS ARE

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 09:13 PM
prolly

CUZ ALL GURLS ARE

No...

dewgel
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
:drool: Was she hot?

Well she quoted a few members names and mentioned the forums so I am not going to answer that question haha!

notafanboy
07-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Well she quoted a few members names and mentioned the forums so I am not going to answer that question haha!

who cares ? im sure she´d be flattered if you said yes

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Pics or fake.
;D

Lonesoldier2012
07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Well she quoted a few members names and mentioned the forums so I am not going to answer that question haha!Was i mentioned?

Pics or fake.
;D

Yes. Yes.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Should have taken camera sunglasses /:

Locopells
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Guys lets not start the dramas...

No Beta has been announced for any console - so lets hold fire on the waaaaaah's

Yeah, like that's gonna happen...

Esco and her were talking for about 15 minutes and she was talking about how she watches all the multiplayer videos on Youtube and then she goes "you know, you sound an awful lot like EscoBlades" and he was like "I am EscoBlades!" haha it was so cool, you had to be there to see it ;D Lovely lady to talk to, honestly she knew just as much, if not more about multiplayer and different tactics than most of the hardcore gamers here! Really fine example of how prejudice us humans are :O

That's brilliant!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Above@ Dont believe everything until proof is shown.

BTOG46
07-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Every time I looked at Esco, he was either drinking cola, or eating pizza :rolleyes:

NarQc
07-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Every time I looked at Esco, he was either drinking cola, or eating pizza :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA ... so jokes

AllThatJuice
07-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Nice little fact:

On the Boston Marketplace demo, the counter move isnt available (due to something about the coding used for that particular demo), so to make sure the guy demoing the game doesnt get his *** kicked too much, Connor has unlimited pistol ammo and can pretty much use them like modern day pistols...The guy demoing it when I was there said this..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Lmao, epic fail. ''Yeah, we cant counter..lets give him one hit kill machine guns in a form of pistols!''

Lonesoldier2012
07-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Should have taken camera sunglasses /:

XD

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 09:07 AM
:confused:

I'm guessing there aren't that many women on this board....

SaintPerkele
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
:confused:

I'm guessing there aren't that many women on this board....
Ever heard of Rule 16? :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Rule 16?
What?

EscoBlades
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM

Asdfghjkl :p

It was a great day, had a real good time, met some really cool AC fans. And Mr dewgel is a pretty cool guy, i have to say :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Wait..they gave away free pizza?

SaintPerkele
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Rule 16?
What?
I'm sorry, I meant 37.

Legendz54
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Asdfghjkl :p

It was a great day, had a real good time, met some really cool AC fans. And Mr dewgel is a pretty cool guy, i have to say :D

Hey Esco when is the podcast coming out?

notafanboy
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey Esco when is the podcast coming out?
today

EscoBlades
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
today

Yup. When i get home. In a few hours.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Just, if anything big is revealed, nobody post a thread with what it is, I like being surprised in my games.

Legendz54
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Yup. When i get home. In a few hours.

By then it will be 4AM for me lol, will see it in the morning.

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry, I meant 37.

I am unaware of the existence of a 'rule' 37'. Enlighten us?
:)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
...What the hell is rule 37?

LightRey
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I am unaware of the existence of a 'rule' 37'. Enlighten us?
"Rule #37: There are no women on the internet."
One of the countless rules of the internet.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
WRONG
I know alot of them.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
WRONG
I know alot of them.
Ever met them in person?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I know them IRL.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I know them IRL.
Ever checked down below? ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:46 PM
-_____-'

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
That's pretty funny actually XD
Clearly that was said before Tumblr ever existed. Scary, scary website...

LightRey
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
-_____-'
xDDDD
Seriously though, it's just a joke rule reflecting the fact that there are quite a few people out there posing as girls on the internet.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Omegle is the best place too troll those kinds of people.

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Omegle is the best place too troll those kinds of people.

Omegle is like a troll feeding ground XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Classic rick roll still working
Sometimes one guy asks me ''What's you're gender''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t348e24vDyA

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Classic rick roll still working
Sometimes one guy asks me ''What's you're gender''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t348e24vDyA

XD

It's true, though, I do assume that everyone is male for some reason.

LightRey
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
XD

It's true, though, I do assume that everyone is male for some reason.
It's easier that way. Besides, I'm quite sure that you do have a significantly greater chance of encountering a guy on the internet than a girl, though that is changing quite rapidly.

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
It's easier that way. Besides, I'm quite sure that you do have a significantly greater chance of encountering a guy on the internet than a girl, though that is changing quite rapidly.

Yes, it is.
;)

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Um, that would be me by the sound of it. Thank you for the very kind things you said about me, especially the age thing :o. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and Esco is a sweetie pie of the highest order. I have to say that I have found playing the multiplayer on PSN, the other players are generally most polite and generous. This is also generally true of the forums too. I was a little apprehensive when I first signed up (I had been hanging around the forums since mid-2008 but only got around to signing up in 2009) because I am not what most people picture when they think "gamer", however, you are all lovely and great fun. Keep it up.

And, sorry, I am most definitely not what would be considered, in any way, "hot". My sincere apologies. Still, if anyone wants to try my multiplayer style out, my PSN ID is in my sig.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
....o_O
Well, now we cant continue asking for pics....xD

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
You would only be disappointed - let a girl keep her mystery a little. Afwan Habibi

Turul.
07-05-2012, 03:56 PM
the forums are a little volatile right now, due to the huge amount of complaining about the AC3 marketing campaign.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
You would only be disappointed - let a girl keep her mystery a little. Afwan Habibi

Mesh adel yany ;P
Anyways: The whole marketing thing is another topic, dont light up the barrel, Turul.

Turul.
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
yes i know, just giving fair warning

hoping it dies soon.

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I have spent many years studying the Middle East and that is real conflict. I have relatives in Syria right now, so can't really find the time to be upset by a large corporation's marketing materials. On a lighter note, the gameplay looks rather splendid and I just can't wait. I did resist the temptation to use my iPhone yesterday but can tell y'all that it looks to be quite a gaming experience when they eventually let us get our hands on it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I can go several hours in the whole Syria thing *Where I come from* but lets put politics on the side.
Just wondering, how big of a difference was it in terms of visuals? since YT compresses everything.

Turul.
07-05-2012, 04:19 PM
lol and which button is the crouch button? and is running the same?

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Sorry, didn't get my hands on a controller - that was just for Josh - but the deep snow walking animations are beautifully done - I was out of breath watching him struggle through those drifts. Also, from watching, the cover seems almost automatic, although I was watching the screen, not Josh's hands on the controller. The transitions are really smooth, though, so whether they are button presses or automatic, the sense of immersion is complete. There seemed to be a couple of little judders in the fighting animations, though. Whether that means they are not quite finished, or that the demo disc was just getting tired, I could not say. I tend to play as stealthily as possible anyway, so combat is not my main concern.

The running animations are very different from previous games, as are most of the animations, but, as I said, generally the transitions, whether from riding to running to climbing to jumping through people's houses, are superb. I really, really wanted to get my hands on that controller ... oh well, October then.

notafanboy
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Sorry, didn't get my hands on a controller - that was just for Josh - but the deep snow walking animations are beautifully done - I was out of breath watching him struggle through those drifts. Also, from watching, the cover seems almost automatic, although I was watching the screen, not Josh's hands on the controller. The transitions are really smooth, though, so whether they are button presses or automatic, the sense of immersion is complete. There seemed to be a couple of little judders in the fighting animations, though. Whether that means they are not quite finished, or that the demo disc was just getting tired, I could not say. I tend to play as stealthily as possible anyway, so combat is not my main concern.

The running animations are very different from previous games, as are most of the animations, but, as I said, generally the transitions, whether from riding to running to climbing to jumping through people's houses, are superb. I really, really wanted to get my hands on that controller ... oh well, October then.

how´s the draw distance? was there any stuff appearing in the middle of nowhere ?

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Not that I noticed, just a couple of slight hesitations in the animations as he was attacked by some of the soldiers, mainly from behind, as I recall.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
They re-used Tomahawk animation from the dagger, I know that much.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 04:48 PM
They are modified though.

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I want to go. I can get to London no problem. Are they happening again? I wanna see Connor trudging through the snow :(

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
I wish I lived in the UK. For this and better health care, and CEs.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Obamacare..lulz.
Nope, exact same.

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I want to go. I can get to London no problem. Are they happening again? I wanna see Connor trudging through the snow :(

There is a tour of GAME shops on now until the end of August - check the News Feed on the ACIII website. i'm going again, to Sunderland on 10 July :cool:

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Haha. Our health care SUCKS. Hopefully they do some gameplay show here where we can all go, at a lot of gamestops.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Sho_Sho...take me with you....xD

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Hasoon - of course; and just to make you that little bit more green with envy, I am sitting at my Mac typing this whilst wearing my spanking new AC3 T-shirt XD

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Somebody record it! Kidding...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Hasoon - of course; and just to make you that little bit more green with envy, I am sitting at my Mac typing this whilst wearing my spanking new AC3 T-shirt XD

How tempted I am too book a flight too the UK......

DavisP92
07-05-2012, 05:04 PM

lol arabic. tatakalumina el luga el arabia

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Say what what?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Above@ Enta ma rah tefham, no point.
Oh how awesome it is too use a language only 1/100 of us know :D

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Hasoon book the flight!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
...All my money went on the JoD edition 'o-o.....

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I feel your pain - I'm going for the Freedom edition ...

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Then get to a roof and take flight! Just kidding, don't jump, you can't fly.

DavisP92
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Above@ Enta ma rah tefham, no point.
Oh how awesome it is too use a language only 1/100 of us know :D

sadly i'm not fluent in arabic, my family didn't speak it enough around me. I've even had two arabic classes where they taught me standard dialect when my family tends to stick with Egyptian dialect.

but when i do learn all of it it's going to be fun speaking arabic randomly where only a few people can understand :D

Sho_Sho
07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Well I learnt my little Arabic from my husband, who is from Syria, so use the general Middle Eastern dialect

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I find it weird...why are the game events UK only...when it's for the 4th of July?
Just found it a bit weird. Should have been America and UK.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Right?

DavisP92
07-05-2012, 05:35 PM
yea my family, on my mom's side, come from Lebanon and Ethiopia so idk why we stick to the Egyptian dialect.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Egyptain dialect is always made fun off, dont know why O_o...
I wonder if they show new gameplay, they will show case it the same way on later dates.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Well I learnt my little Arabic from my husband, who is from Syria, so use the general Middle Eastern dialect
zomg a gurl?!?!? [/Ubi forumers] :p

DavisP92
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
lol that's funny. It's good then that they can speak most dialects maybe it's a inside joke why they stick to Egyptian dialect.

about the game events for the 4th of July, i thought they were suppose to show new gameplay. What happened to that?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:46 PM
The pics or fake is a ongoing joke between me and Lonesoldier :P

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Hahaha people tend to do that in the presence of a girl on the internet. Hey RatonhnhakeFan, where did you get that gif of Connor that you used in that thread about the guy who took your sig? I wanted to use it but the thread is gone or something, I can't find it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
It originated from the Gamestop story and glasses with camera.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I was there.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I was there before you. Copycat.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
I was there before you. Copycat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvbhljcCjs&feature=player_detailpage

Stops copys me

RatonhnhakeFan
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Hahaha people tend to do that in the presence of a girl on the internet. Hey RatonhnhakeFan, where did you get that gif of Connor that you used in that thread about the guy who took your sig? I wanted to use it but the thread is gone or something, I can't find it.

I supply myself here: http://****yeah-connor.tumblr.com :D (edit: forum censoring lol replace **** with the common naughty word starting with 'f') Just so you know, there are some nude Ratonhnhaké:ton pics there too so it may not be SFW :p

And here's that 'calm yo titos' gif ;P
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5sefwrzwQ1robhn4o4_250.gif

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Hahaha thanks!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 06:11 PM
I supply myself here: http://****yeah-connor.tumblr.com :D (edit: forum censoring lol replace **** with the common naughty word starting with 'f') Just so you know, there are some nude Ratonhnhaké:ton pics there too so it may not be SFW :p

And here's that 'calm yo titos' gif ;P
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5sefwrzwQ1robhn4o4_250.gif

Nude wha-
I dont even..
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s280/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
There is a tour of GAME shops on now until the end of August - check the News Feed on the ACIII website. i'm going again, to Sunderland on 10 July :cool:

This is all very tempting....

zomg a gurl?!?!? [/Ubi forumers] :p

I'm sure there's plenty here!

RatonhnhakeFan
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Nude wha-
I dont even..
It's simple. He's hot = there's gonna be fanart on the internets with him shirtless or nude :o

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Still... this stands:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s280/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Anyways: I think my September they will stop showing E3 gameplay.

EscoBlades
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Um, that would be me by the sound of it. Thank you for the very kind things you said about me, especially the age thing :o. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and Esco is a sweetie pie of the highest order. I have to say that I have found playing the multiplayer on PSN, the other players are generally most polite and generous. This is also generally true of the forums too. I was a little apprehensive when I first signed up (I had been hanging around the forums since mid-2008 but only got around to signing up in 2009) because I am not what most people picture when they think "gamer", however, you are all lovely and great fun. Keep it up.

And, sorry, I am most definitely not what would be considered, in any way, "hot". My sincere apologies. Still, if anyone wants to try my multiplayer style out, my PSN ID is in my sig.

You are too kind! It was a pleasure meeting you too. Your knowledge of Assassin's Creed in general blew us away, haha. Also, real glad you liked the presentation. And finally, Josh says hi! :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 06:19 PM
98% of us feel snubbed. the 2% are Esco Blade and Sho.

Lonesoldier2012
07-05-2012, 06:24 PM
"Rule #37: There are no women on the internet."
One of the countless rules of the internet.Rule 34 says otherwise XD

Ever checked down below? ;)Now it's getting interesting.

And, sorry, I am most definitely not what would be considered, in any way, "hot". My sincere apologies. Still, if anyone wants to try my multiplayer style out, my PSN ID is in my sig.Hehehe. It was a reflex to ask.

You would only be disappointed - let a girl keep her mystery a little. Afwan HabibiI don't know about all that.

Obamacare..lulz.
Nope, exact same.You mean terrorism in the form of a tax? Yeah...

NeroInfernoF7
07-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Lonesoldier, a bit off topic but your signature text, ahahaha <3.
Definitely me too, just not posting as much :D

Felix-Vivo
07-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty much the same, that's what happens when you finish your A-levels - many many days at home whilst everyone else is at school, so lots of forum browsing.

EscoBlades
07-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I filmed some fan reactions, and other stuff. I will try and throw together a video with what i have. Apologies in advance if it turns out crap, haha

Turul.
07-05-2012, 08:22 PM
i heard there is a bow in multiplayer. UBIGABE SAID IT! XD

lawls!

Helforsite
07-06-2012, 12:26 AM
i heard there is a bow in multiplayer. UBIGABE SAID IT! XD

lawls!
Heard it too^^ Spread it over the forum!!!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:27 AM
How will that work...

dewgel
07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I filmed some fan reactions, and other stuff. I will try and throw together a video with what i have. Apologies in advance if it turns out crap, haha

Just glad I escaped quick enough before you remembered you said you'd film me ;) Haha!

And Sho! Such a lovely person! Like Esco said, your knowledge was astounding. It actually had me questioning whether or not I am actually a true fan or just a wannabe! If you ever want to play on Revelations (I've lent my copy out to my cousin) add me on PSN, I'm "dewgel". I'll certainly have a game!

Enjoy your trip to GAME Sunderland too!!

PS Thanks for the compliment Esco, just noticed you said that a few pages back :D You're super too buddy, if anything.. very modest about how well known your voice is! I noticed quite a few people who watch your vids but don't actually know what you look like went were like "Hang on, EscoBlades was there?!" haha

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
PFFFF....I would beat you all with a score of 9000 :P

LightRey
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
PFFFF....I would beat you all with a score of 9000 :P
Not true, mine would be OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAAND!!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
By 50 points? xD