PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about doing a Deathmatch tournament.

ReptileAssassin
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
There seems to be an influx of tournaments lately, but none of them are Deathmatch and I might as well throw in one. This is for Xbox 360 only, United States/Canada only.

IMPORTANT: Please request a spot ONLY if you can consistently score 7000 points or higher in a Deathmatch game WITHOUT abusing Smoke Bomb. I want this competition to be as tough as possible.

I'm planning on hosting a Deathmatch tournament (which obviously means ACR only), and I'm thinking no more than 8 people. Here's the way I'm thinking of doing it.

The 8 players (or however many we end up having, but no more than one full lobby's worth) play 5 or 6 games of Deathmatch in a row, and the scores from every game are tallied to form the rankings and ultimately the winner. This means that if you destroy everything in game one but repeatedly get the short end of the stick in game 2, you still stand a good chance of losing.

Banned Abilities:

Smoke Bomb. Surprise!

The rounds will be played on these maps in order:

Castel Gandolfo
Knight's Hospital: Day
Venice: Day
Galata: Day
Souk: Night
Ippokratous: Night

OR, if every participant has the DLC maps, I can swap in some of them. I would love to play Deathmatch on San Donato Night, if possible. Participants will not necessarily be entered in order of request, I might pick or choose who gets in and I intend to invite specific people.

CURRENT ROSTER:

1. ReptileAssassin
2. FreakyChuckles
3. Zorboid Orbb
4. Rossko23
5. EldestPainter
6. TheDragonMarked
7. CJDavies82
8.WLP Carnage

Substitutes

1. XxXZero0oXxX

The date has been set to Saturday the 14th, but I would like to run at least one test game with all of the participants at least one day beforehand to test connections and make sure there will not be problems.

Click this link to check how much time is left before the tournament begins.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20120715T15&p0=944&msg=Deathmatch+Tournament&csz=1

TRProdigy1
07-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm in, when is it?

cjdavies
07-03-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm interested, I'm in UK for the time difference, I will use my 48 hour Gold card and I can get another from Ebay - this is for the 360 right?

I don't have the DLC map.

GT: CJDavies82

Currently my set for Deathmatch is Disguise/Poison lol

FreakyChuckles
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
GT: FreakyChuckles Count me in, I think it would make more sense if you banned thrown SB or Offensive Smoke Bomb but I understand why you did. I get the feeling there is going to be lots of poison and disguise spam.

ReptileAssassin
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes, this is for Xbox only. I'll edit the OP to include that.

Prodigy, no date set yet. Step 1 is getting a full roster.

Smoke bomb is stupid no matter how you use it IMO. Disguise/Poison will probably be pretty popular (I will be using it myself), but it at least takes skill and planning to execute.

Also, for those of you not using your xbox names on these forums, you need to tell me your exact gamertag.

AntheaRaevyn
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I LOVE this idea. haven't used smoke bomb in deathmatch in forever so i would love to join this. Great idea Reptile :P and i also think you should ban gun.. since its almost the same... :/ but idk thats just my opinion

oh and gamertag is WHU Night Wolf

ReptileAssassin
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
The gun is permitted to prevent roofing from being too abusable. With the people I'm allowing in I don't think it will be an issue, but guns won't even come into play unless at least one person is roofcamping anyway.

Besides, using mid-air or execution to get the last bonus you need for variety still requires skillful use, because I have the feeling whoever gets locked on is not going to just hand you the bonus.

AntheaRaevyn
07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Good point.

TRProdigy1
07-04-2012, 04:40 AM
My gt is: TR Prodigy 1

YourInnate
07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Just out of curiosity, if you make the stipulation for people to be able to consistently score 7k without abusing smokebomb, why ban it?

Smoke bomb, while being an incredibly powerful ability, would create variety in a deathmatch tournament. Without it, you will basically have everyone running disguise poison. If you included smoke bomb, you would at least have people using different sets based on those 3 abilities.

Best case scenario, you may end up forcing these "deathmatch pros" to bring things like morph into the tourney, which may in turn force people into bringing templar vision and/or firecrackers. That's all well and good, but what are you proving when you are forced to play the game in a way you wouldn't normally play it?

On the other hand, if you allowed people to bring smoke bomb, the people who "abuse" it or "crutch smokebomb" (as i prefer to call it) will be weeded out very soon and they will be your bottom contenders. By banning it, you are creating an artificial scenario that wouldn't normally exist in the game.

Just my two cents but, if you are going to ban anything, why not just have it be a simple deathmatch tourney and run no abilities/perks/streaks? Seems like it makes a bit more sense to me, but again, maybe that's just me.

FilipinoNinja67
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
If that last spot is still open I would like to participate.

@yourinnate
By banning smokebomb he is completely eliminating the possibility of anyone using it cheaply and if you aren't good without a smokebomb on ACR then you really aren't good at all. I think we are fine without smoke.

pantherthug89
07-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Smoke bomb, while being an incredibly powerful ability, would create variety in a deathmatch tournament. Without it, you will basically have everyone running disguise poison.

create a variety??? im pretty sure allowing smoke bomb would mean the same as disguise/poison only it would be smoke/poison or smoke/mute. I would also bet that there will be several people using decoy, bodyguard, firecrackers, and knives. You may have missed a few new interesting strategies while you were on your vacation from AC :p

Also yes the rules do indeed divert fom the usual scenario existing in games: the presence of stealth, skill, and the ability to actually earn your points through the means that don't include debilitating you target every 30 seconds to earn a massive point bonus for hovering over them.

Rossko23
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Of course, USA and Canada only :( Although it seems the spot will be Andrew's.
@YourInnate Just my opinion but I reckon no one should bring Smoke Bomb anyway and if you can't adapt to it, tough. There will be rules that will prevent certain tactics that a vast majority will view as "cheap". And it won't really bring variety, just rage. Bear in mind the best Deathmatch players I see may use Disguise/Poison at times but spruce it up with varied ability sets and do better.

ReptileAssassin
07-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you make the stipulation for people to be able to consistently score 7k without abusing smokebomb, why ban it?

Smoke bomb, while being an incredibly powerful ability, would create variety in a deathmatch tournament. Without it, you will basically have everyone running disguise poison. If you included smoke bomb, you would at least have people using different sets based on those 3 abilities.

Best case scenario, you may end up forcing these "deathmatch pros" to bring things like morph into the tourney, which may in turn force people into bringing templar vision and/or firecrackers. That's all well and good, but what are you proving when you are forced to play the game in a way you wouldn't normally play it?

On the other hand, if you allowed people to bring smoke bomb, the people who "abuse" it or "crutch smokebomb" (as i prefer to call it) will be weeded out very soon and they will be your bottom contenders. By banning it, you are creating an artificial scenario that wouldn't normally exist in the game.

Just my two cents but, if you are going to ban anything, why not just have it be a simple deathmatch tourney and run no abilities/perks/streaks? Seems like it makes a bit more sense to me, but again, maybe that's just me.

Smoke Bomb is banned from the event to prevent dependance on gamebreaking tactics. Every ability except smoke bomb requires varying strategies to use effectively, and some players might have their own tricks or techniques with their abilities of choice. There is no variety in Smoke bomb, it's just walk at target, throw, dodge, kill. Wait for pursuer, throw, dodge, stun. This is also why it is not Simple Deathmatch. That would take away pretty much all variety from the game.

ReptileAssassin
07-05-2012, 04:47 AM
I've decided to go ahead and make it USA/Canada only. I just can't risk connections from across the ocean in this one. Sorry, Davies.

trikky d
07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Is there any reason as to why it's only US/Canada folk?

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, but being from Australia, I'm apparantely unable to.

If I can make the appointed tournament time, then what's the problem? And don't say lag because that has NEVER been a problem for me.

cjdavies
07-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Is there any reason as to why it's only US/Canada folk?

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, but being from Australia, I'm apparantely unable to.

If I can make the appointed tournament time, then what's the problem? And don't say lag because that has NEVER been a problem for me.

I have to say I agree with this, played many MP games and very rare suffered lag, but oh well your choice.

cjdavies
07-05-2012, 07:09 AM
CURRENT ROSTER:

1. ReptileAssassin
2. FreakyChuckles
3.WHU Night Wolf
4. FilipinoNinja67
5. [RESERVED]
6. [RESERVED]
8.TR Prodigy 1

Why do you have 5 and 6 Reservered and 7 blank and TR Prodigy 1 as 8, why not just have TR Prodigy 1 as 5? What does reserved mean?

ReptileAssassin
07-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Why do you have 5 and 6 Reservered and 7 blank and TR Prodigy 1 as 8, why not just have TR Prodigy 1 as 5? What does reserved mean?

It was less work to erase slots as I took out entrants and just left them in that order, and I put the reserve slots in after I had already added a few people, so they just sat there. Order doesn't matter anyway. Reserved slots are for a couple of friends I wanted to invite. I'm going to call my other friend one more time tomorrow, and if he doesn't answer I'm removing his reserved space.

Also, I added a Substitutes section. Here's how it will work.

If an entrant gives me advance notice (up to 5 hours beforehand) that they cannot play, I will put the first person in the Sub list in the newly-opened slot, and everyone else in the sub list will move up one space. This will also happen if an entrant does NOT give me advance notice, so if you're in the sub list you need to at least make sure I can contact you at match time if the need arises.

MrKnox122
07-05-2012, 08:16 AM
i wish i can join but i dont have xbox 360

ReptileAssassin
07-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Yes, I got your message. It's a shame.

I also added everyone in here that (from the looks of it) wants to participate to the Sub list.

cjdavies
07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Just hope on the Saturday the servers are working not like previous weekends.

XxXZero0oXxX
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Good luck with ur tournament, guys. I'm pulling for Prodigy to win. lol

YourInnate
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Smoke Bomb is banned from the event to prevent dependance on gamebreaking tactics.

Again, maybe I'm just missing something, but if a requirement is that you are a 7k+ player who is not dependent on smoke bomb to get your scores, why would they all of a sudden have a dependence in the tournament? And that word gamebreaking.... Really? It's really gamebreaking? You can beat random noobs who use smoke bomb without using smoke bomb (a prerequisite to being a participant) but you are afraid of good players using smoke bomb?

Every ability except smoke bomb requires varying strategies to use effectively,

Joke #1.

and some players might have their own tricks or techniques with their abilities of choice.
Logical statement shoved in the middle of nonsense.

There is no variety in Smoke bomb, it's just walk at target, throw, dodge, kill. Wait for pursuer, throw, dodge, stun. This is also why it is not Simple Deathmatch. That would take away pretty much all variety from the game.

Joke #2.

Okay, lets go back to #1 first.

Disguise: Use it out of sight of your target/pursuer and act like an npc. Depending on your acting ability/latency (lag can make you do things like walk in place or take turns tighter than you would want) you may be able to fool said target/pursuer.
I tried to keep it broad, but if I'm missing some crazy far out strategy, lemme know.

Poison: (My favorite) Walk up to target, press button when close enough. Maybe they are looking the other way.... Or something....

Knives: Person is climbing. Throw knife. Yell "Get acro'ed."
I tried to keep it broad but if I'm missing some crazy far out strategy, lemme know.
Okay, fine... You can throw knives at people who aren't climbing, but they will probably just smoke you as you ge....... OOOOOOHHHHHHHH HOHOHOHOHOHO I SEE WAT U DID THAR!!!!

Mute: Is in fact useless without Smoke Bomb. Show me a person running Mute with anything but Smoke Bomb and I will show you a player doing it wrong. Unless this is alliance in ACB and you are running Mute/Poison and getting stunned on purpose.

Firecrackers: Throw/drop them and have your target or pursuer..... Still be able to see you....

Hidden Gun: Variety in this ability comes down to.... Carpel tunnel syndrome? One's ability to craft it smartly and take the base accuracy option so they can no scope people in mid air? I don't know. You tell me.

Charge: Jokes. The ability doesn't work.

Closure: Jokes. The ability is Ubi trolling us in disguise.

Tripwire Mine: Worse in every way than smoke bomb, while trying to be a smoke bomb trap. Not anyone's fault but Ubi's. A good player will see it on their approach every single time. And if they don't see it that first time, you can bet your butt they will see it every time thereafter. If they don't, they aren't actually a good player.

Bodyguard: Listen for whispers, press button.

Decoy: Kind of like Bodyguard, but instead you wait for your target to be within kill range and try and time your button press to match his so his client will glitch and kill the decoy even though he's locked onto you. You might even get a stun off of this one! (Decoy should be banned.... That **** is clearly overpowered).

Morph: I don't think the word strategy actually has much to do with the ability morph.... I'm pretty sure using it is in fact devoid of any and all strategy. That is, unless your strategy is to force the opposing players to use strategy.... Then it gets a 3/10 because it's pretty easy to get around morph... Especially on deathmatch where mobile groups exit the playing arena....

Templar Vision: Strategy in a nutshell right here.

Teleport: A fun ability in a game mode that has maps only about as wide as this actually launches you.

And my favorite thing about every ability except for smoke bomb? Juking people out of using those abilities. I just love coming up on a blend group and juking my target out of his defensive Disguise. Smoke promotes things like trying to trick the other players into using abilities. Nothing else promotes juking. And for your counter argument of "well juking isn't very stealthy" I say this...

In your upcoming tournament with good players and no smoke bomb, have fun with all the running that will happen. Because let's face it... Nothing makes people book it in the opposite direction more than not having a means of defending themselves....

As for joke #2 from up above..... Just.... Read my entire post or something....

FilipinoNinja67
07-05-2012, 07:05 PM
@yourinnate
Are you participating in this tourny? Why would you try to change the rules or even care? Everyone else is fine without smokebomb.

YourInnate
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
@yourinnate
Are you participating in this tourny? Why would you try to change the rules or even care? Everyone else is fine without smokebomb.

I care because even though I am not playing on this tournament, I consider myself atournament player and I would hate to see the tournament community take a turn in this direction.

Competitive play in any game is about employing the best strategies and exploiting advantages. Smoke bomb is a part of deathmatch. Having a deathmatch tournament with no smoke bomb is along the logic of having a street fightertournament with no hadukens.

pantherthug89
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
And having a deathmatch with no smike bomb is a deathmatch with actual skill, stealth, and the ability to actually earn your points without debilitating your target every 30 seconds and earning additional points that were meant to be rewarded for remaining undetected. OSB is actually just like a poison, sometimes even better if you string in a hidden as well as a focus, but smoke bomb has a range as large as the X prompt itself as opposed to poison's reduced range.

Also about mute, I use it competitively alongside disguise and can get great scores in competitive deathmatch. Even ask Filipino, or if he isn't qualified enough ask your own clan mates zorboid orbb and tree.

The real joke is that someone who hasn't played ACR in months is trying to tell us the up to date strategies of the game mode... believe it or not there are a lot of new unique strategies out there since week one of ACR's release.

And a quick question, have you even played post patch deathmatch yet? because your on my friends list and I haven't seen you touch the game mode since you've been back

ReptileAssassin
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
No, this tournament without smokebombs would be like a SF4 tournament without Sagat (correct me if I have the wrong game here, I never play SF, but I've heard of Sagat being completely broken in one of them), or a Smash Bros Brawl tournament without Meta-Knight, or a UMvC3 tournament without Wesker. It forces people to use things that take brain cells to properly use, and some people are bound to pick different abilities.

As for individual strategies:

When you use Disguise, you have to think about whether you want to go for your target or pursuer first, whether or not your pursuer will be smart enough to find you using their compass, and your exit strategy once your disguise wears off. That's plenty to think about and many steps players could execute differently.

(My personal strategy) Use poison as a gateway to bonuses you have not recieved yet. Poison the target, and if they stay close and could not stun you, kill them after you

1 Build up a focus,
2. Climb a wall for Acrobatic,
3. Quickly enter a nearby group and intercept for Hidden.

You can also poison a player with multiple pursuers on purpose when you KNOW their other pursuers are nearby to get the Intercepted bonus for EV.

Knives: Use it on pursuers, run up and either get a stun or force them to use an ability to counter. One of the fastest (if not THE fastest) recharge times in the game.

Mute has several uses, and the fact you think it is without smoke bomb tells me you depend on smoke way too much. Mute can counter knives, bodyguards, charges, and poisons, and can prevent kills from being contested when it really counts (like endgame or when you have a double score active).

Firecrackers might not be as powerful as they are in ACB, but if you're decent with them you can throw them directly to your enemy's feet and they will still be pretty much completely blind. They still force your target to leave their group, your pursuer will at least be stalled, and if you throw it in the middle of a tangle of players you can interfere with all of them to keep their resulting scores lower or make at least one of them waste an ability.

Deciding when to pull the gun out is where most of the strategy comes in. You can't just pull out the gun anytime you want in the middle of the game and score as many points as you would with another ability. You have to know what's going on all over the map to even get a chance at the execution/mid-air bonus: Is there someone running a lot, where are they likely to be when you spawn, is someone using rooftops often, will they try to jump when they hear the lock noise, is there a pile-up of players you can utilize somewhere? If you pull out the gun at the wrong time, you will end up hurting yourself by removing an ability that could have been much more helpful to you (like poison or disguise), and if you take a gunshot and you don't get the bonus you were looking for, you still have to wait for the massive cooldown clock. If you don't get killed before the recharge is over, you still have to wait until you finally die before you can get your better abilities back.

With no smoke bomb charge has a lot of potential, especially when you repeatedly acquire the same morph-hiding target. It's also very useful when you see a strangling net of pursuers closing in on you. You can charge one to create an opening and get away, stun one and charge the next, etc. You just have to think when you use it, aka as close as you can get so the accuracy doesn't screw you.

Closure is indeed a joke, but on deathmatch maps like Souk with three chasebreakers being the only middle route through the map, you can potentially screw with people by stalling them.

While the effect should be more powerful since you have to set it in advance, the tripwire still has its uses. You can hide in one of those enclosed hay bales and set it in front so there's literally no way to avoid triggering it, set it on a rooftop above you so you can hear it pop and get out, or just outright throw it at your target's group to make them very uncomfortable (or make them think it's something much worse, like Firecrackers).

Bodyguard: Should you follow your bodyguard so you can be right there when your pursuer hits him in the face, run away, or remain still? One of three choices to make right there. You can also (I believe) use throwing knives on your pursuer as well so the bodyguard will definitely succeed unless your opponent pulls out everything to stop it.

Decoys are very hard to use effectively against good players and people with functioning brain cells. Out of the hundred decoys launched to thwart me so far, only about 3 have, and all but one of them was in a spontaneous hectic situation.

Morph: Timing your cooldown to use it in tandem with your other ability, using it as two groups pass eachother to create a partial cover in both, walking around the edge of a target's group and counter-morphing it.

Might not be as strategically diverse as other abilities, but I'd sure as hell rather have everyone using it than smoke bomb, because TV can at least be countered.

Teleport is definitely not useful in deathmatch.

If everyone starts running, knives and gun are there.

For a "tournament player", you sure don't think about the vast majority of circumstances and possibilities. Probably because you're too busy using your brainless smoke cloud to counter everything instead of coming up with your own style.

cjdavies
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
In your upcoming tournament with good players and no smoke bomb, have fun with all the running that will happen. Because let's face it... Nothing makes people book it in the opposite direction more than not having a means of defending themselves....

If I know who my purser is and they walk right towards me, I will stand or walk up to them and give them a contested kill, they get a lower score and I get 100 points - better than 0.

FilipinoNinja67
07-05-2012, 10:18 PM
GNIBeen experimenting with decoy on deathmatch and manhunt and it isn't that bad offensively. If in manhunt it gives everyone lures no matter how close they are and thats a free 400 points right there plus the variety. I accept your challenge and I will bring it to the tourny. I've gotten good players with decoy before...

ReptileAssassin
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
GNIBeen experimenting with decoy on deathmatch and manhunt and it isn't that bad offensively. If in manhunt it gives everyone lures no matter how close they are and thats a free 400 points right there plus the variety. I accept your challenge and I will bring it to the tourny. I've gotten good players with decoy before...

I thought of something else, are you able to use decoy on a bodyguard? If a bodyguard were to stun someone and I used decoy on it immediately afterward, would it work properly and run off? That would make it extremely convincing if someone saw it stunning someone and then running away.

EldestPainter
07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm interested if there is room or as an extra if you need to fill a spot.

ReptileAssassin
07-06-2012, 12:45 AM
I put you in the sub list.

ZorboidOrbb
07-06-2012, 01:19 AM
If there is a spot, I want in please :)

ReptileAssassin
07-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Your exact gamertag?

ZorboidOrbb
07-06-2012, 02:37 AM
"Zorboid Orbb" :)

YourInnate
07-06-2012, 04:01 AM
The real joke is that someone who hasn't played ACR in months is trying to tell us the up to date strategies of the game mode... believe it or not there are a lot of new unique strategies out there since week one of ACR's release.

And a quick question, have you even played post patch deathmatch yet? because your on my friends list and I haven't seen you touch the game mode since you've been back

Alright, you guys win. I wasn't here to argue, sorry if I came across that way. And I certainly wasn't here to insult.

And to answer your question, yes. I've played 9 games of deathmatch since putting ACR back in the tray. Mostly to get my fingers and hands used to the game again for the tourney that just happened. Sure, 9 games isn't a lot, but I thought scoring above 7k in the first 6 games and above 10k in the last 3 was a pretty good indication that I hadn't forgotten how to play too much.

Call me a hipster if you want, but I have always been (since January 2011), and probably will be for a very long time, a disguise/poison user. I use the set in every ffa mode that I've ever played (including assassinate) because as I learned a long time ago in ACB that escapes through free running mixed with occasional stuns lead to better scores in public lobbies than actually committing an ability slot to defense. The guys who pioneered the set over on PS3 (the Outcast Templars) always called the set the Jackal set iirc. I always just called it common sense.

Actually, before I go, could you please tell me one of these new unique strategies that have been developed since I stopped playing. Because I must have missed the patch notes when the new abilities were released. And if there weren't.... I'm pretty sure I tried out everything remotely viable in the first two months of the game being out. Every ability, every craft, every perk, every streak... I've tried it... Testing the hell out of everything this game had to offer was... Kind of my thing....

trikky d
07-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Actually, before I go, could you please tell me one of these new unique strategies that have been developed since I stopped playing. Because I must have missed the patch notes when the new abilities were released. And if there weren't.... I'm pretty sure I tried out everything remotely viable in the first two months of the game being out. Every ability, every craft, every perk, every streak... I've tried it... Testing the hell out of everything this game had to offer was... Kind of my thing....

Nate baby, I gotta teach you how to stun with knives.

Or maybe I won't, that way the rest of us will still have a fighting chance :D

YourInnate
07-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Nate baby, I gotta teach you how to stun with knives.

Or maybe I won't, that way the rest of us will still have a fighting chance :D

Stunning with knives, in my opinion, is a classic case of "I can do something.... But does that really mean I should?"

YourInnate
07-06-2012, 06:18 AM
For a "tournament player", you sure don't think about the vast majority of circumstances and possibilities. Probably because you're too busy using your brainless smoke cloud to counter everything instead of coming up with your own style.

Oh man, missed this stab the first time I read it.

Firstly, I'm not a smoke bomb user. I never have been. I run smoke on specific maps in manhunt tournaments on offense as part of a wall breaking set, but generally those manhunt tournaments I am the person on my team running disguise poison. I have always run disguise poison in ffa modes. I learned a long time ago in a game called Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that it is more beneficial.... You know what... Just read the post above this one....

For someone planning on running a tournament, you sure don't know how many of those situations that you brought up (which was nothing more than a weak attempt at arguing with me for arguments sake) NEVER come up. I opened my end of the conversation in thread because it amazes me that this community has it's head so far up it's own *** that they would rather just ban smoke bomb from a tournament then learn how to counter it without using smoke of your own. And if you can counter it without using smoke, why are you banning it?

You know, I didn't really wanna reply to your post because I apparently stepped on toes but I never took jabs at any of you, just tried to reason with you and present knowledge. Guess it's a little past that now.

As for individual strategies:

When you use Disguise, you have to think about whether you want to go for your target or pursuer first, whether or not your pursuer will be smart enough to find you using their compass, and your exit strategy once your disguise wears off. That's plenty to think about and many steps players could execute differently.

There are few, rare circumstances you will ever go for your target before your pursuer when using disguise. Reason being, your disguise will wear off approximately 1 second after you kill or stun someone. That 1 second window gives you enough time to perform the action of killing or stunning someone else, but not actually moving to them. Stunning your pursuer is a smarter decision more than 95% of the time because when the disguise fades your target won't know for sure you are after him. If you went for the kill first, your disguise fading is like a big sign to your pursuer saying "come and get me."

(My personal strategy) Use poison as a gateway to bonuses you have not recieved yet. Poison the target, and if they stay close and could not stun you, kill them after you

1 Build up a focus,
2. Climb a wall for Acrobatic,
3. Quickly enter a nearby group and intercept for Hidden.

You can also poison a player with multiple pursuers on purpose when you KNOW their other pursuers are nearby to get the Intercepted bonus for EV.

If you came up with that stuff I give you a lot of credit. Not everyone thinks outside the box like that. I know a few people who used to do that kind of stuff in ACB to get their EV if they hadn't yet, and when I had been playing ACR, you couldn't do that stuff because you could get stunned after poison.
Now on to why your reasoning is ******ed.
IN TWO OF THE EXAMPLES YOU GAVE ME, YOU ARE USING POISON AS AN OFFENSIVE SMOKE BOMB.
Make someone unable to stun you so you can build up a focus (sounds like OSB).
Make someone unable to stun so you can enter a nearby group for a hidden (sounds like OSB)
The only difference between what you are doing and offensive smoke bomb is their period of time of not being able to counter you is actually longer with poison than offensive smoke bomb.
And stop stealing your own poisons with acro kills.... You really should be able to get those without offensive poison intercept bomb or whatever you call it.

So the argument right here boils down to... You use poison to fulfill the exact same role as offensive smoke bomb, but because it's on a 90 second cooldown instead of 60 it's ok. And also they can't retaliate for 2 seconds longer.... And you are giving them the choice of running away from your potential focus or hidden kill.... And if they do run away they simply die of poison... So look at it one of two ways- You are using poison in a way to supplement the fact that you can't get certain bonuses on your own (most of your reasoning for calling smoke bomb ******ed) or the target runs away and dies of poison.... Which isn't using poison as a gateway dru.... errr ability....

So you either hurrr durrrr and use poison like everyone else in the game or you are one of the bigger hypocrites on this forum....

Knives: Use it on pursuers, run up and either get a stun or force them to use an ability to counter. One of the fastest (if not THE fastest) recharge times in the game.

So... The fact that you said run up makes me believe you don't actually know why knives can give people stuns... Instead of disregarding it and leaving it at the fact that you are blowing most of your post out your ***, I'll educate.

Knives doesn't temporarily mute the ability to kill or stun during the visible bending over like most people believe. While that's what would make the most sense, it is also near impossible to achieve (from a programming standpoint) in an online setting (because at any given time what appears on my screen is not the same as yours), especially one so laggy as the Assassin's Creed universe. Knives temporarily reduce the range of the kill prompt making it so that the stun prompt outranges it. If one were to knife a pursuer and walk up to him mashing the stun button, he would be able to stun before the pursuer received the prompt to kill. If one were to run up to said pursuer mashing the stun button, he would be relying on luck.

Conversely, if you knew all this and you have pinpoint precision in your short range running and stopping motions, what's your problem countering smoke bomb?

Mute has several uses, and the fact you think it is without smoke bomb tells me you depend on smoke way too much. Mute can counter knives, bodyguards, charges, and poisons, and can prevent kills from being contested when it really counts (like endgame or when you have a double score active).

During my break from ACR one of the games I played pretty regularly was a game called League of Legends. In LoL, more experienced players mastered the art of "baiting." Baiting is a term used to describe a situation where one or two players from one team presented a situation to the other team that made said other team feel like they should capitalize on an advantage, when really they were just being lured into a trap. I got pretty good at baiting and spotting baits. I wasn't a master baiter in LoL, but I sure as hell baited this response out of you.

Mute counters knives, bodyguards, charges, and poisons, and can prevent kills from being contested in the same exact way smoke bomb does. That last one in particular is like... The exact definition of an offensive smoke bomb. Mute is literally, a worse version of smoke bomb, than smoke bomb. The only thing that mute used to let you do that smoke couldn't was get you a stun on someone at a higher elevation than you. Ubi didn't like that however, and they patched it so smoke can do it too now.

Between Mute and your use of poison, it sounds like what YOU have against smoke bomb is the cooldown. Because you certainly don't have any issues using those two abilities to disable other players.

Firecrackers might not be as powerful as they are in ACB, but if you're decent with them you can throw them directly to your enemy's feet and they will still be pretty much completely blind. They still force your target to leave their group, your pursuer will at least be stalled, and if you throw it in the middle of a tangle of players you can interfere with all of them to keep their resulting scores lower or make at least one of them waste an ability.

So... from my post about firecrackers to yours, we didn't actually learn anything new, except for the fact that we have different definitions of "completely blind." You effectively required a giant run on sentence to explain what I did in 15 words. "Throw/drop them and have your target or pursuer..... Still be able to see you....(be completely blind)"
You still haven't showed me the vast amount of strategy behind it like the original argument was about.

Deciding when to pull the gun out is where most of the strategy comes in. You can't just pull out the gun anytime you want in the middle of the game and score as many points as you would with another ability. You have to know what's going on all over the map to even get a chance at the execution/mid-air bonus: Is there someone running a lot, where are they likely to be when you spawn, is someone using rooftops often, will they try to jump when they hear the lock noise, is there a pile-up of players you can utilize somewhere? If you pull out the gun at the wrong time, you will end up hurting yourself by removing an ability that could have been much more helpful to you (like poison or disguise), and if you take a gunshot and you don't get the bonus you were looking for, you still have to wait for the massive cooldown clock. If you don't get killed before the recharge is over, you still have to wait until you finally die before you can get your better abilities back.

Right... Play with one ability most of the game, severely handicapping myself so that I MAYBE can get two bonuses that you can only get by having this ability equipped. That's not diverse strategy... That's idiotic.

With no smoke bomb charge has a lot of potential, especially when you repeatedly acquire the same morph-hiding target. It's also very useful when you see a strangling net of pursuers closing in on you. You can charge one to create an opening and get away, stun one and charge the next, etc. You just have to think when you use it, aka as close as you can get so the accuracy doesn't screw you.

So it's good when there's someone ACTUALLY using morph..... AND you get him as your target every other contract..... AND no one knows how to take a step to the side....
Don't argue charge. Ubi screwed with it's coding too much and it doesn't hit reliably. You literally have to be just outside of kill/stun range to be accurate with it (as in anyone who hears the ability can take one step sideways to counter it) and pray that when you activate it in that range the person doesn't take a single step towards you. Because if they take a step towards you as you activate it you won't meet charge's "minimum distance traveled before kill/stun" requirement.

Look on the bright side. If you got them to take a step to dodge your charge while they were in their morph group, at least you isolated which one it definitely is now....

Closure is indeed a joke, but on deathmatch maps like Souk with three chasebreakers being the only middle route through the map, you can potentially screw with people by stalling them.

I really wanted to isolate this one and bring back up this as well...

For a "tournament player", you sure don't think about the vast majority of circumstances and possibilities.

And for those combined statements I have this to say.
1. You are arguing with me for the sake of arguing. Stop.
2. As a "tournament player," I've not only thought of all these "situations" that you've brought up, I've eliminated the completely *** **** ******ed ones like these from my "things to think about in game." When is just stalling someone ever worth an ability slot? Abilities should be guaranteeing you points. With so many that do, why not take them?

Let me put it another way. If you are an aspiring tournament player, and you see Souk loading up for the next round, are you really gonna say to yourself "Man, I better grab that set with closure.... I could really **** with some people."

While the effect should be more powerful since you have to set it in advance, the tripwire still has its uses. You can hide in one of those enclosed hay bales and set it in front so there's literally no way to avoid triggering it, set it on a rooftop above you so you can hear it pop and get out, or just outright throw it at your target's group to make them very uncomfortable (or make them think it's something much worse, like Firecrackers).

Go for it man.... Hide in that haybale and just chill til the pursuers come rolling in.... At what point in a match of competitive deathmatch can you just sit back and hide and not have people pass you in points within 30 seconds?

Really... Are you even trying?

Player 1 throws tripwire mine at Player 2's stationary group.
*cue dialogue* Player 2: "Oh no, guy threw something at me. Well, if it lands and I can see everything with a white tinted hue (I mean completely blind) then I can run up this nearby wall til it wears off. If it lands and nothing happens than it's a tripwire mine and I can slow walk away before it arms itself.

Bodyguard: Should you follow your bodyguard so you can be right there when your pursuer hits him in the face, run away, or remain still? One of three choices to make right there. You can also (I believe) use throwing knives on your pursuer as well so the bodyguard will definitely succeed unless your opponent pulls out everything to stop it.

I can see a lot of thought went into this one. You take choice one, I lead your bodyguard (and probably you) to a nearby wall and acro you. You pick choice two, bodyguard has no effect because the second you run away I'll do one of a million things to avoid getting stunned by a bodyguard (haybale, climb a wall, run in the opposite direction, pop a chase breaker etc...). You choose choice 3... See my response to your choice 2 except at the end I walk up to the blend group and kill you.

Decoys are very hard to use effectively against good players and people with functioning brain cells. Out of the hundred decoys launched to thwart me so far, only about 3 have, and all but one of them was in a spontaneous hectic situation.

This was a nice comment. Instead of an argument for argument's sake, you shared a story.
I like stories.

Morph: Timing your cooldown to use it in tandem with your other ability, using it as two groups pass eachother to create a partial cover in both, walking around the edge of a target's group and counter-morphing it.

For the bolded part... I.... Do you know what tandem means?

*Cue Scenario*
Alright... Coming up on pursuer.... SWEET I MORPHED A CROWD OF PEOPLE THEN INSTANTLY PRESSED THE MUTE BUTTON!!!!!

OR

Alright there's my target climbing the wall, I better time this right.... GO KNIVES KNOCK HIM DOWN!!! QUICK GO MORPH NOW HE WON'T KNOW WHICH ONE FROM THIS GROUP KNOCKED HIM DOWN!!!!!!

Yeah.... I just... It's late here...... I don't know why that last one came out sounding like pokemon.

Onto the rest of your argument for morph. Partial cover in two mobile groups? I'm gonna first refer back to what I said in my post and remind you that mobile groups exit the playing area at a reasonably regular rate. As for the last part... counter-morphing... Yet another case of using a bad version of another ability. If you are bringing morph to counter-morph... just bring TV....

Which brings us to.....

Might not be as strategically diverse as other abilities, but I'd sure as hell rather have everyone using it than smoke bomb, because TV can at least be countered.

Here's a nice passive aggressive quip that actually ignores TV and takes a shot at Smoke for good measure. I like your style.

BUT you're using wordplay to imply that Smoke Bomb is uncounterable, which is far from the truth.

Teleport is definitely not useful in deathmatch.

I was hoping for something epic from you here.... You didn't let me down....

If everyone starts running, knives and gun are there.

That's cool. I bring disguise/poison vs runners.

So we've learned that:

1. You can't possibly be wrong so you have to present ******** points and question my integrity (I called it arguing for the sake of arguing during the post).
2. Have tried to prove that I am a ****ty tournament player who doesn't come up with strategies or anticipate situations by coming up with completely bogus situations that I haven't wasted my time with since pre Templar Score Brotherhood.
3. You refuse to use smoke bomb, but will use poison to do the exact same thing. Or mute.

So about that cooldown thing with Poison and Mute as opposed to smoke bomb....

What's the problem? Don't like the fast pace of matches with smoke bomb?

Because my view on the comparison just got changed from a UMvC3 tournament without Wesker to a racing game tournament where nobody is allowed to go past 3rd gear.....

YourInnate
07-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Oh and lastly, please don't tell me to come up with my own style.

I've been playing the multiplayer since release day brotherhood. I developed playstyles that everyone that came after me used in all game modes in brotherhood.

And the fact that it was the first 6 weeks on revelations that I had the highscore on deathmatch and not a random batch of 6 weeks since then, should tell you that I pretty much came up with the style for that too.

You use poison in this game? Stop cramping my style bro. You use disguise? I been using that since twenty-ten!

trikky d
07-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Stunning with knives, in my opinion, is a classic case of "I can do something.... But does that really mean I should?"

Yes. the answer is yes.

Oh i see, it's a rhetorical question...

... the answer is still yes. ;)

pantherthug89
07-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Alright, you guys win. I wasn't here to argue, sorry if I came across that way. And I certainly wasn't here to insult.

And to answer your question, yes. I've played 9 games of deathmatch since putting ACR back in the tray. Mostly to get my fingers and hands used to the game again for the tourney that just happened. Sure, 9 games isn't a lot, but I thought scoring above 7k in the first 6 games and above 10k in the last 3 was a pretty good indication that I hadn't forgotten how to play too much.

Call me a hipster if you want, but I have always been (since January 2011), and probably will be for a very long time, a disguise/poison user. I use the set in every ffa mode that I've ever played (including assassinate) because as I learned a long time ago in ACB that escapes through free running mixed with occasional stuns lead to better scores in public lobbies than actually committing an ability slot to defense. The guys who pioneered the set over on PS3 (the Outcast Templars) always called the set the Jackal set iirc. I always just called it common sense.

I dont mean to insult either, I get really opinionated on subjects like these and I tend to get a bit aggressive sometime so sorry if I say/said anything offensive

Anyway, I understand what you mean but abilities are meant to mold around the playstyle of the people who use them and help them accordingly, its all up to the users preference. Just because your a beast with disguise/poison and you cant match it's productivity with other sets doesn't mean others can't put up equally good scores with different sets. Filipinoninja uses decoy in competitive games and believe it or not he has made people even you would consider good deathmatch players bite hard on some of them and went on to destroy lobbies of 6 good deathmatch players by 2k+ while tinkering with decoy/bodyguard. One of the MLU guys who posted on this thread (forgot his name) got some consistent stuns, lures, and a few double stuns with firecrackers. Demonicshadowz uses smoke/knives and puts up great scores. Plus its not all about abilities, truly good players keep racking up points even when their abilities are on cooldown.

On topic of the knives they can also be used as an identifier as I believe you can only throw them at pursuers or targets, otherwise the game wont let you throw them.

Also i don't get your whole "I can do something... but it doesn't mean i should"..... Wasn't your whole explanation for allowing smoke bomb and offensive smoke bomb based on the contrary (it's in the game and apart of it so just do it)

Once again you tried out remotely every viable combination of abilities and they didn't work out for you that doesnt mean others can't have exceptional results with those sets. Just because you can't dominate with an ability set doesn't mean no one else can. It comes down to the individual and one's needs to construct a class that will help make up for their weaknesses while bolstering their strengths.

ReptileAssassin
07-06-2012, 07:49 AM
You said to list some strategies for each ability, and I did. I do indeed know what tandem means. When I'm using morph/bodyguard, I always watch the timers so I can use at least one at all times, or even both at once if I really need to. I also said all of the other abilities take more skill to use than smoke bomb, not that they were as good as smoke bomb. Big difference. I even stated that I thought Closure and Teleport in deathmatch were bad ideas.

The difference between OSB and self-intercepting poisons is that the target has ample opportunity to keep me from doing it after they get poisoned, unlike OSB.

*CRACKpoof* Welp, I'm dead and he just got a Focus.

You also actually have to put yourself in harm's way to get a poison off instead of just throwing it, and you're not invincible while doing it. And yes, I did come up with it myself. If other people had been doing it before me, I was not aware of them. I also have not ever actually self-intercepted for an acro, I just thought about it while I was replying to you as another potential usage.

Uh, supposedly coming from a disguise/poison user, I don't think you thought that one through. Think: Disguise and poison. What happens when you poison someone? Oh yeah, right! They don't die immediately! In case you still haven't figured it out, that means your disguise does NOT wear off as soon as you get to your target, and by poisoning them you are not blatantly obvious. This means if you go for your target first (something you said very rarely happens, but I am doing it CONSTANTLY), you can poison them and then go on a quick pursuer-hunt before the target dies.

I know that knives only reduce kill/stun range, I was saying "run up" because you will most likely need to in order to stun your pursuer before the effect wears off. I (and everyone else) has problems with smoke bomb because it's kind of difficult to dodge the equivalent of a nuclear warhead (complete with mile-wide cloud) being thrown at me, especially now that you can't even get away from it by wall-climbing.

Unlike smoke bomb, you have to actually time your mute, and if you're off by even a fraction of a second you will completely miss it or not get it off in time. Also, could you please say "master baiter" again? HAHAHAHAHAHA-

This comes back to you telling me to list strategies for the ability (firecrackers) and I complied.

(Gun) You can call it idiotic, but if you keep track of your bonuses and you KNOW you have only one left, it is a viable option if you see people running often, even in just short bursts. You can also, as you know, use it to shoot people off walls if it's not worth your time to wait until they jump down. I doubt this will happen in the tournament, but I certainly won't hesitate to bring out my gun if the guy I'm after keeps sitting on ledges.

Are you honestly telling me that if someone were to use charge within 10 feet of you, you would be able to anticipate it and step it? Charge is so rarely used that it might consistently surprise your opponents, at least for the first couple of uses, which might be all you need to stay ahead.

Oh, let's see: you can traditionally sit back and hide in competitive deathmatch without people passing you when you are in first place. Want to know why? Because the 3 people targeting you are almost always number 2, 3, and 4. This means that while you hide and they search for you, they are not scoring. Duh. Obviously you couldn't get away with camping the entire game, but in short phases it can be effective.

(Tripwire) They might not wait until it lands, because they will think it's firecrackers. They will either take off and expose themselves or stay put and get blasted by the cloud, and I will be right there when it goes off to kill them. i almost always identify my targets unless they're hiding in a morphed group. I know how to use walls to compass-check.

(Bodyguard) If I see you running at a wall I'm definitely not following you. You're overestimating killing distance from a low point on a wall. This would still give me enough time to escape, which is the entire point of bodyguard. In choice 2, I still get away. In choice 3, I'll run away if I see you punch him, and you won't be close enough to get to me unless you manage to get a whopping 150 point kill from a sprint.

I never have and never will use mute. Like you, my traditional set is disguise/poison, but I switch up depending on what my enemies are doing.

ZorboidOrbb
07-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Banning smoke is good imo. WIthout smokes, there wouldn't be (at least) -

1. OSB
2. Getting caught in someone else's smoke and getting killed/stunned
3. not having to deal with getting caught in 4 smokes at a time, one by one.

With smoke, at least 50% chance of all three happening.

pantherthug89
07-06-2012, 04:10 PM
@yourinnate

Okay.... I didn't expect this much arrogance from the likes of you. Not everyone got their ability sets from you not even disguise poison. Even though some people may have tried it out after seeing you use it but even more players found the set themselves and put it to use.

And congratulations for holding the high score on deathmatch the first few weeks, all that says is you got into a really good noob lobby and took advantage of it, nearly any experienced player can drop high scores in a lobby rampant with inexperienced players. People could care less about your high score unless you got that 15k against 7 other good players and I'm not convinced you were or are the best deathmatch player.

Come on lets get real here you didn't "invent" the modern deathmatch style, most people don't even use disguise/poison but instead smoke /poison...

YourInnate
07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
@yourinnate

Okay.... I didn't expect this much arrogance from the likes of you. Not everyone got their ability sets from you not even disguise poison. Even though some people may have tried it out after seeing you use it but even more players found the set themselves and put it to use.

Sorry I was just a little offended when the guy said "develop your own style instead of living in your smoke cloud."

And congratulations for holding the high score on deathmatch the first few weeks, all that says is you got into a really good noob lobby and took advantage of it, nearly any experienced player can drop high scores in a lobby rampant with inexperienced players. People could care less about your high score unless you got that 15k against 7 other good players and I'm not convinced you were or are the best deathmatch player.

For this one I'm just gonna quote something I said in another thread. Getting high scores in a random lobby isn't about beating noobs, it's about beating yourself. Every time I enter a public lobby for the purposes of playing as opposed to testing, I treat it as I would treat a time trial in racing game.

Furthermore, you are preaching to the choir when it comes to playing in lobbies with 7 other good players. I was actually playing this game on a team when the game was sponsored on gamebattles.... The two clans I've been involved in were/are two of the scrim heaviest clans in the game.

There are two types of "good" at this game. People who are good at time trials (taking advantage of public lobbies) and people who are good in scrim/tournament settings. Call it arrogance if you want, but I've always been proud of the fact that I've been both types of good.

Come on lets get real here you didn't "invent" the modern deathmatch style, most people don't even use disguise/poison but instead smoke /poison...
I didn't intend to claim I invented the modern deathmatch style, it was a comment going back to him saying come up with your own style, when in fact the style that I came up with for myself is the style he uses....

YourInnate
07-06-2012, 05:47 PM
@ReptileAssassin

Let's just let bygones be bygones. You'll keep posting stuff that I firmly believe is wrong, and I'll keep spending waaaaaay too much time trying to correct you.
I'll leave the thread.

Glad you liked the master baiter joke.:p The friends I played that game with on teamspeak and I used to make that joke all the time... Never gets old!

ReptileAssassin
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Alright. You're still welcome to sign up.

ReptileAssassin
07-07-2012, 05:30 PM
I think we'll do it this next Saturday, the 14th. say, 3PM Central Time?

cjdavies
07-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I think we'll do it this next Saturday, the 14th. say, 3PM Central Time?

Should be ok with me, is it CDT - Central Daylight Time or CST - Central Standard Time?

FreakyChuckles
07-07-2012, 08:41 PM
. I've gotten good players with decoy before...

Yes, yes you have.

ReptileAssassin
07-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Central Standard TIme, I think. I posted this at 5:15 PM, and I'm in the Florida panhandle.

cjdavies
07-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm posting this at 23:26 and it's showing as 22:26, you posted 17:15 and it's showing 22:15, so 6 hours ahead.

ReptileAssassin
07-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Will you be able to make it?

cjdavies
07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Will you be able to make it?

Yes, just hope the servers are running ok.

FilipinoNinja67
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Central Standard TIme, I think. I posted this at 5:15 PM, and I'm in the Florida panhandle.I can't make it :( I have work until 5pm if everyone is still on afterwards can we just have some awesome deathmatch games? I work at the Gulfarium by the way. Maybe reptile knows what that is? @YourInnate with his time trial analogy. The only problem with your analogy is that you are pretty much having time trials and different size tracks and you can't say you did better than yourself by getting a 10 second finish on a short track than getting a 2 minute finish on a long track. The skill level of other players in a lobby being the track length, you being the driver, and the score being the time.

YourInnate
07-08-2012, 07:13 PM
@YourInnate with his time trial analogy. The only problem with your analogy is that you are pretty much having time trials and different size tracks and you can't say you did better than yourself by getting a 10 second finish on a short track than getting a 2 minute finish on a long track. The skill level of other players in a lobby being the track length, you being the driver, and the score being the time.

The way I see it, I'm not in control of who is in my lobby, whether they are the best players in the game or the worst. One of the biggest factors in scoring high is, ironically in your comparison, map size. It is infinitely harder to score high in a game mode like wanted on a map like Mont St. Michel than it is Siena or Venice. However, in Deathmatch, all of the maps are condensed greatly. Your ability to score high in a lobby does depend on your competition to a degree, but not nearly as much as it depends on your ability to adapt to that competition.

ReptileAssassin
07-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I can't make it :( I have work until 5pm if everyone is still on afterwards can we just have some awesome deathmatch games? I work at the Gulfarium by the way. Maybe reptile knows what that is? @YourInnate with his time trial analogy. The only problem with your analogy is that you are pretty much having time trials and different size tracks and you can't say you did better than yourself by getting a 10 second finish on a short track than getting a 2 minute finish on a long track. The skill level of other players in a lobby being the track length, you being the driver, and the score being the time.

You work at the gulfarium? How long have you been there? My brother Ben went to the Blended School program there a few years ago, and me and my mom were regulars every time we took him there. The last time we were there, all three of the dolphins (including poor Buster) in the little show tank were alive. We might have met eachother at some point.

It's a shame you can't make it. I'll update the lists. Looks like Rossko is now in!

AntheaRaevyn
07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
I will be unable to attend the 14th :(

ReptileAssassin
07-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Well, that's what the subs list is for =P

Thanks for the notice.

FilipinoNinja67
07-09-2012, 06:14 AM
You work at the gulfarium? How long have you been there? My brother Ben went to the Blended School program there a few years ago, and me and my mom were regulars every time we took him there. The last time we were there, all three of the dolphins (including poor Buster) in the little show tank were alive. We might have met eachother at some point.

It's a shame you can't make it. I'll update the lists. Looks alike Rossko is now in!

I just started this summer but I went there all the time when my step mom used to work on the photo team. I got in for free :D. I have one of their old show birds that they gave away. His name is Raku and he's a pink colored muclucan cockatoo! They changed a lot in the last year. New living sea, new encounter station, new shows, new other things to do like interact with seals and dolhpins, and new funnel cake fries at the snack bar!

ReptileAssassin
07-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Do they still have that annoying photo booth thing in the circle around the big tank?

Rossko23
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Unfortunate that Andrew has to back out but great that I can play! :D Oh and I have the DLC maps in case you want to know...

trikky d
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Could I request that Zorboid Orbb takes my place?

The tourney time is a bit too early for me. 3pm Central translates to 6am my time, I mean, i could make it if i tried, I just don't think I'll be at my best at that time of the morning. Zorb is a fantastic DM player, so he really needs to be in there.

I'm happy to go back on the sub list, if the time changes to a little bit later in the day, but Zorb deserves the spot more than I do.

thanks

FilipinoNinja67
07-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I do:kt think that would be fair for painter if the rules of the tourny were "first come first served". Zorboid is an excellent deathmatch player though

ReptileAssassin
07-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I will allow it, because I'm very sure BillyGoten won't be able to make it (I held his spot for him this long in case his work schedule changed), and the will bring both Zorboid and Eldest into the list.

ZorboidOrbb
07-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Could I request that Zorboid Orbb takes my place?

Zorb is a fantastic DM player, so he really needs to be in there.

I'm happy to go back on the sub list, if the time changes to a little bit later in the day, but Zorb deserves the spot more than I do.

thanks

Thanks Trikky :3 But yay.. I am in.. can't wait to play with ya all.

Reptile sent me a message saying it was 3 PM central time on 14th? Well, I went ahead and did this. Check if this is accurate please?

http://bit.ly/NDGhhO

ZorboidOrbb
07-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I do:kt think that would be fair for painter if the rules of the tourny were "first come first served". Zorboid is an excellent deathmatch player though

Lame.. Would have been better if you had played dude! But work takes priority though.. Lets get some games going this week.

ReptileAssassin
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Zorboid, it would be easier if you just told me what time you posted on here in your time. In your next reply, state what time it currently is and it will make it much easier to factor in.

Or, if you want, you can do the math by checking MY post times.

I posted this at 6:08PM. Check what time the site says I posted for you (if you have your settings correct, that is) and the difference will be how far ahead/behind you are from me.

EDIT: I set up my own countdown on there in a new tab, and they are identical, so I would say you are correct.

ZorboidOrbb
07-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Well this post is being made at 4:29 PM. I would guess I am three hours behind which makes the tournament time to be http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/central-time/
Since day light is not coming into picture until November, I would say this countdown will stay correct till at least till this weekend :D Just link the countdown timer in your first post and I think that should be self explanatory :)

trikky d
07-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Here's a website that i use all the time when converting timezones.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Click the "Use the following Date/Time"

Then put in the time of the DM tourney - 14th July, 3pm, US/Central; and then select the timezone you're in, hit the conversion button and BAM!

ReptileAssassin
07-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Well this post is being made at 4:29 PM. I would guess I am three hours behind which makes the tournament time to be http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/central-time/
Since day light is not coming into picture until November, I would say this countdown will stay correct till at least till this weekend :D Just link the countdown timer in your first post and I think that should be self explanatory :)

On my side it says you posted it at 6:29PM, which means you are actually only 2 hours ahead of me, or I made my settings wrong on this site and it's doing daylight savings.

I'll just post that countdown in my opening post.

EDIT: OK guys, I have a query. Would any of you guys mind if I bumped the date to Sunday instead? TheDragonMarked, FillipinoNinja, and I think someone else all have to work on Saturday, and if nobody minds (including the people that would have to be put back on the sub list to make room for earlier job-related dropouts), I would like to bump the tournament back one day so they can all participate.

Rossko23
07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
That's fine by me. As long as I get to see the games on our fave website youtube :D

cjdavies
07-10-2012, 01:55 PM
EDIT: OK guys, I have a query. Would any of you guys mind if I bumped the date to Sunday instead? TheDragonMarked, FillipinoNinja, and I think someone else all have to work on Saturday, and if nobody minds (including the people that would have to be put back on the sub list to make room for earlier job-related dropouts), I would like to bump the tournament back one day so they can all participate.

Sunday is fine with me.

FilipinoNinja67
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
:( I have work that day also and then there's another tourny I might participate in that starts at 6.

ReptileAssassin
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
*Shakes fist*

Ok, well TheDragonMarked can make it on sunday, and it seems pretty much everyone else is ok with it.

I'll go ahead and bump it to sunday. I'll send the notification.

trikky d
07-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Sunday 3pm = Monday 6am for me. No chance of that happening, gotta work. You can remove me from the sub-list :)

ReptileAssassin
07-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Ok.

Uh oh, we don't have any subs >_> I hope everyone shows up, lol.

XxXZero0oXxX
07-11-2012, 06:34 AM
I am slightly offended that u didn't invite me to ur tournament. lol jk

Put me down as a sub, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. lol I get outta work around 3 EST that day. Which would give me like an hour to get ready to play if I was needed. Like I said, tho. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not.

ReptileAssassin
07-11-2012, 08:11 PM
I added you to the subs list.

I honestly didn't invite you because I knew I could have no more than 8 people and spots would fill up fast, and I was already holding two spots for Dragon and BillyGoten. I wanted to give other people a shot.

XxXZero0oXxX
07-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Yeah, it's all good. lol I was joking anyway. I don't expect to be able to play because of work anyway. I just thought I'd drop my name in.

Yeah, I knew Dragon would be in it, because u guys are close. Hopefully it's a good tournament. I hope somebody records them all. Since I don't expect to be in it, I expect Zorboid Orbb or Prodigy to win it. lol jk Good luck to everybody.

Rossko23
07-12-2012, 06:52 AM
XxXZero0oXxX you may be in luck. I'm not 100% sure I can make it now. I'm still trying to convince my parents that no, mayonnaise is not an instrument but they're being resilient and then somehow ninja-dodging. Reptile, I'll notify you if I can't make it.

XxXZero0oXxX
07-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Dude, I still don't know if I'll even be able to make it. Whether or not u can play, Idk if I will.

Rossko23
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Well, that could be awkward :D

XxXZero0oXxX
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I know. Either way, they still have enough players to start a game. So it's not like the tournament has to be called off or anything.

ReptileAssassin
07-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Uh, what does mayonnaise have to do with it?

Rossko23
07-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Uhm, well, you see... uhmmm. Well let's just say I can participate. I get back in time for the tournament, that's all you need to know :D

ReptileAssassin
07-15-2012, 05:34 PM
*sigh* The day of the tournament, and both prodigy and his would-be switch-in cancel.

Anyone want in?

aMorbidLullaby
07-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, I thought about signing up earlier, but the spots filled up so fast! Haha, if there isn't any subs and you still need another person, you can count me in. :]

cjdavies
07-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I can't wait for this, free smoke bomb deathmatch.

ReptileAssassin
07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Well, I thought about signing up earlier, but the spots filled up so fast! Haha, if there isn't any subs and you still need another person, you can count me in. :]

It looks like you're going to be replacing EldestPainter, be ready in 10 minutes!

cjdavies
07-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Back in a lobby with smokebomb users :mad: **** connection.

ReptileAssassin
07-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, the tournament managed to make trainwrecks look serene by comparison.

We had both freakychuckles and eldestpainter completely forget the tournament was today, so I scrambled to find swaps for them, prodigy had to drop out so we found a swap for him, then his swap had to drop.

Of the participants, only me, dragon, ross, and davies made it, but then everyone's connections were interfering with eachother and we got off no more than 2 rounds before everyone agreed to stop trying after 10+ restarts.

WAR_Mysteriio3
07-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Well, the tournament managed to make trainwrecks look serene by comparison.

We had both freakychuckles and eldestpainter completely forget the tournament was today, so I scrambled to find swaps for them, prodigy had to drop out so we found a swap for him, then his swap had to drop.

Of the participants, only me, dragon, ross, and davies made it, but then everyone's connections were interfering with eachother and we got off no more than 2 rounds before everyone agreed to stop trying after 10+ restarts.

its PaladinsCurse dude yo am sry man i could still do it bro if we do it tommerw or idk if u trouny is over or what can u give me some info pizz

ZorboidOrbb
07-16-2012, 01:22 AM

Oh ****.. What happened to Zorboid? I hear he has a connection problem with everyone :D

ReptileAssassin
07-16-2012, 03:46 AM
its PaladinsCurse dude yo am sry man i could still do it bro if we do it tommerw or idk if u trouny is over or what can u give me some info pizz

It was ok for you to leave, we began the games with 7 people instead of 8 and we still had massive connection problems. Having 8 might have made it even worse.

WAR_Mysteriio3
07-16-2012, 04:23 AM
It was ok for you to leave, we began the games with 7 people instead of 8 and we still had massive connection problems. Having 8 might have made it even worse.

mmm i see well hope eveything went good :)

Rossko23
07-16-2012, 02:44 PM
There were good games we had last night regardless of connection issues. I actually think it was worth the wait to play half an hour of games in the space of nearly 2 :P Not to mention my lead :D

ZorboidOrbb
07-17-2012, 01:11 AM
There were good games we had last night regardless of connection issues. I actually think it was worth the wait to play half an hour of games in the space of nearly 2 :P Not to mention my lead :D

I WILL STEAL IT... But well, I am out of town this week and I am not sure if people wanna continue that long :3 But we must do this often. I am determined to make a list of people who think like us. like those in the lobbies.. those who like to play without smoke.. or without OSB (or with super minimilalist OSB). it is so much fun when you dont have your blood boiling every second..

SpontaneousC0W
07-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Wouldn't you just make it a simple deathmatch game? so you have to use only skill, no abilities.??

ReptileAssassin
07-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Wouldn't you just make it a simple deathmatch game? so you have to use only skill, no abilities.??

Every ability except Broke Bomb contributes to additional skillful strategy. Taking ALL abilities away would make the game incredibly boring.

Rossko23
07-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I WILL STEAL IT... But well, I am out of town this week and I am not sure if people wanna continue that long :3 But we must do this often. I am determined to make a list of people who think like us. like those in the lobbies.. those who like to play without smoke.. or without OSB (or with super minimilalist OSB). it is so much fun when you dont have your blood boiling every second..

Yeah! Starting our own wittle no smoke-bomb Deathmatch Community :D

SpontaneousC0W
07-17-2012, 10:28 AM
I would think otherwise, but I get it. I would totally enter, but I'm not the greatest at DM :P