PDA

View Full Version : how to switch back to ubisoft game launcher?

abhi.singh
07-03-2012, 01:42 PM
today i got a patch and ubisoft game launcher converted into uplay i was playing in offlline mode from past 4-5 days via ubisoft gaqme launcher but there is no option in uplay which allows me to play offline without the cd key Please get me my ubisoft game launcher back please I wana play in offline mode without the cd key please help me

WiLLiAmRoX
07-04-2012, 03:59 AM
you can't switch back to the old launcher and there is no offline mode on the new one (lame)

kvadrate
07-04-2012, 06:53 AM
you can't switch back to the old launcher and there is no offline mode on the new one (lame)
God, people open your eyes !

Scystab
07-04-2012, 08:42 AM

wait, so does this mean that when the internet is down i can't play singleplayer?!

spectatorx
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Uplay has an option of offline game so there should be no problem. I'm testing it right now. If i think proper now all the games has savegames in cloud what i was missing in brotherhood. I like uplay, it makes more sense than this stupid ubisoft game launcher. Uplay looks like copy of steam/origin but is not bad.

Anykeyer
07-04-2012, 10:46 AM
U cant go back.
And yes, I can confirm, some older games like AC2 (at least steam version) lost offline mode they recieved when Ubi updated its launcher almost a year ago.
And no, no cloud save games for AC Brotherhood. This would require game update as well and thats just not going to happen. ACB is totally independent from Orbit API and Ubi Launcher in turn, using some command line parameters u can run it in online mode even with launcher uninstalled.

spectatorx
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
For me offline mode works in all games related to uplay, including assassin's creed 2.

Anykeyer
07-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, its still available in retail version. Totally stupid thing.

ozimandius009
07-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Well I'm just a bit more than miffed. I have no intention of playing this game online. And thanks to the fat, stoned clerk at GameStop, I didn't get a CD key. More than likely that wasn't an oversight, being as the industry in general is hurting for money. So what I figure is that they'll try to extort more money for ANOTHER CD key. Being as I never got one in the first place, it's just another way to make more money from people who weren't aware of this tactic. I'm no kid and it just fries my bananas.