PDA

View Full Version : My view at the Anti-British subject.

NeroInfernoF7
07-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Let me start this off by saying that I am not British nor American.

Alright, so as you may all know already, one of the hottest topics about AC3 has been the "why do we only kill redcoats?".
Well, I haven't stood on any side here, but I understand the frustration of Connor choosing a side (which he obviously does).
Even though the creators deny it, all we have seen in the trailers, gameplays and teasers is killing the british. Even though that
in the Frontier Gameplay, Connor said "Let the patriots fight their own battle, I'm here for the templar". It's been difficult to believe
in that. Anyways, someone mentioned that the redcoats were templars, since they wanted to have control over America, and its people.

Well, I haven't learned THAT much of the American Revolution, but the trailers have showed a lot. With this being said, I don't think all the
redcoats were templars, of course, but is Ubisoft trying to show us that?

http://i.minus.com/ibtgbS6jChJkq4.png

That's from the independence trailer. Americans trying to break free from the redcoats, right?
The Assassin's have never taken a side in their battles, but now it seems like Connor is with the americans MOSTLY.

http://i.minus.com/iAiy9Ei67fg1l.png

This is also what we get in the independence trailer. Right after many americans got killed, we see Connor.
Then the "This July 4TH, Ignite the Revolution" /=/ Fight for America!

http://i.minus.com/igL7wQLweJngm.png

One thing I did forget is that George Washington gets this look after he saw Connor kill the Templar British leader.
Now I do wonder, I don't think we'll be able to kill George Washington, and I don't want too either, but why was it
the necessary with this small cutscene of him?

MT4K
07-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Not to be "that guy", but did this really need its own thread? You could have posted this in the on-going discussion (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/682947-Assassin-s-Creed-3-dev-promises-We-ve-got-nothing-against-the-British) or something. Keeping all this kind of stuff in one place seems like the best idea.

Legendz54
07-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Connor is USING the bluecoats to help him find all the templars, while eliminating the templars on the american side too. Why would Connor help the ones who invaded his land, he is only using them.
Just like he said in the trailer... "They speak of liberty and justice, but for who" implying that are the Americans just going to save themselves or help the natives too. Italians, Christians, Mulsims and turks didn't complain about their kind being killed. This is all just marketing to sell the game, then when we play it we will release that we kill americans too.

Felix-Vivo
07-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Kinda unrelated, but doesn't the man on the left in that top picture look exactly like the man Connor says those lines to in the Frontier demo? (Let the Patriots fight their own battles, etc.)

notafanboy
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Kinda unrelated, but doesn't the man on the left in that top picture look exactly like the man Connor says those lines to in the Frontier demo? (Let the Patriots fight their own battles, etc.)

i dunno, the guy in the e3 demo looked older i think.

LightRey
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry, but why exactly did you decide to post this in a separate thread while there are plenty of threads out there perfectly suited to post your opinion of the subject in?

Moultonborough
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
"Ignite the Revolution" is nothing new. It was in the first trailer so that's no excuse.

zainzombie
07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
The marketing and the controversy regarding AC3 reminds me of Assassins Creed 1.. When most of the Muslims (myself included) were worried about this game giving them a bad image like rest of the media that had already been doing for the last 6 years (at that time). Most of the Christians, who were furious at the game because Assassins were killing Christians and all that, point is that once I played and completed that game, we all know it was never about Christians or Muslims or any other religions for that matter. It was a story about Templars and Assassins.

All these discussions regarding the brits and americans are non-sense and useless because this game will not be about America's freedom or British being the evil, those are just the historical events and setting while in the background the war really is about Templars and Assassins, anything else is irrelevant. I can see why Ubi is taking this controversial route for the marketing of this game.. simply because controversy creates cash.

LightRey
07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
The marketing and the controversy regarding AC3 reminds me of Assassins Creed 1.. When most of the Muslims (myself included) were worried about this game giving them a bad image like rest of the media that had already been doing for the last 6 years (at that time). Most of the Christians, who were furious at the game because Assassins were killing Christians and all that, point is that once I played and completed that game, we all know it was never about Christians or Muslims or any other religions for that matter. It was a story about Templars and Assassins.

All these discussions regarding the brits and americans are non-sense and useless because this game will not be about America's freedom or British being the evil, those are just the historical events and setting while in the background the war really is about Templars and Assassins, anything else is irrelevant. I can see why Ubi is taking this controversial route for the marketing of this game.. simply because controversy creates cash.
Exactly. That's what the trailers are showing too. They aren't showing what the Assassins are all about, because that's not what's new about this game. If you make a new product, you're going to advertise it for what's new about it, not the stuff about it that its predecessors already had. What's new about this game is the setting and so that's what they're advertising.

zainzombie
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Exactly. That's what the trailers are showing too. They aren't showing what the Assassins are all about, because that's not what's new about this game. If you make a new product, you're going to advertise it for what's new about it, not the stuff about it that its predecessors already had. What's new about this game is the setting and so that's what they're advertising.
Agreed... and I am simply loving the new setting, this game is going to be epic!

Black_Widow9
07-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Please post in the already created Topic.
Thanks