PDA

View Full Version : New Uplay Client available Today! [UPDATED]

Mr_Shade
07-03-2012, 10:20 AM
We are happy to introduce the new Uplay PC client, bringing all your Ubisoft PC games and Uplay services in one place! Our aim is to offer you a smoother and richer experience and make your gaming experience even more enjoyable.

All Uplay enabled PC games from AC2 onwards will automatically be updated to the new Uplay Client upon connection.
Alternatively, you can also download it on www.uplay.com (http://www.uplay.com/) if you want to see for yourself what it's all about.

On top of a fully revamped interface, here are some of the main features of the new Uplay PC client:
GAMES LIBRARY
Browse and re-download your games.
SOCIAL FEATURES
Chat, friends list and notifications.
ACTIONS & REWARDS
Redeem Rewards for all platforms.
CLOUD SAVES
Always start your game where you left it.
INTEGRATED SHOP
Browse and purchase our latest games.
FREE TO PLAY
Discover new free-to-play games and demos.

Your feedback and suggestions are important to us. Let us know your thoughts on Twitter @UplayUbisoft, on Facebook.com/uplay.ubisoft (http://Facebook.com/uplay.ubisoft) or on the forums!
Enjoy your games!

**** Update *****

Uplay PC has been updated to version 2.0.1, which should fix the issue with saved games some of you have experienced.

IcarusFIN
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Once Uplay patched it self I cannot connect to ubi servers in the GRFS game? As in I cannot log in for MP sessions. A bug or what?

tmPH.Tenspeed
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
SERVER MAINTENANCE

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/688101-Scheduled-maintenance-July-3rd-6-AM-EDT-10-AM-GMT (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/688101-Scheduled-maintenance-July-3rd-6-AM-EDT-10-AM-GMT)

Alexander.S_uz
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I do not see 2 my games, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Assassin's Creed II

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3990/dwew.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/dwew.png/)

j0kay
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow. The Client says that i have to activate ACB with a key but it's already registered. And it deleted all my savegames for Revelations, both Singeplayer and Multiplayer. Congrats, Ubisoft.

Simian_Boy
07-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a similar problem in GRFS; all my mission progress, weapon unlocks (and setups), and challenge unlocks are missing since the new uplay patch... what the hell is going on in the Q&A section at Ubisoft these days? Are they on summer holiday?

Bockalocka
07-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Christ, Ubi, do you QA test ANY of your software before releasing it to the public? By far one of the worst performances I've seen in years...

Nothing like pissing people more off by releasing an update to an application that really had no issues before working on higher priority items.

j0kay
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Post deleted.

j0kay
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Uplay seams to have trouble with Steam. If your Uplay Game is from steam, then launch it from there.

prvcyp
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
After the uplay have been patched I cannot start Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
It says Unable to start the game.Until last night it was working fine...
What do i do.I tried to start the game from Steam and the same problem...
Does Ubisoft do something right?Don't think so...:mad:

Dgscherr
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
All I wanted was an offline game. Seems you cant play anything offline anymore and when you finally get the game to run the developers release a bogus patch and you cant play your game any more I love how we are just stuck with what they give us anymore. Please Don't fix anything just put it back the way it was. For the love of god PUT IT BACK!!!

kvadrate
07-04-2012, 06:45 AM
All I wanted was an offline game. Seems you cant play anything offline anymore and when you finally get the game to run the developers release a bogus patch and you cant play your game any more I love how we are just stuck with what they give us anymore. Please Don't fix anything just put it back the way it was. For the love of god PUT IT BACK!!!
I think that people like you, who cant open his eyes shouldnt even be allowed to play games.

Anykeyer
07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok, Ubi, just in case u really are intrested in feedback, here's mine so far

Great
1. I like new UI, its much more streamlined now
2. Its nice we finally got some form of text communication for games like AC Revelations
3. Its also good that u made an overlay
4. friend list is actually shared between AC Revelatiosn (maybe other recent games) and Uplay, I dont have to re-add everyone again

Wishlist
1. ability to manage cloud saves with some kind of UI. sometimes I want a fresh start and need to wipe all save games for specific title. as of now its really hard to get rid of "options" save (usually "1.save" file)
2. sound notifications when u recieve messages, overlay popup should also unclude a hint that u need to press shift+F2 to answer because some users can be confused
3. offline messages (some sort of inbox)
4. chat groups
5. better overlay, right now it uses too much space for rewards/action and not enough for more usefull stuff like chat box and friend list
6. friend list should show current activity, at least display a name of uplay-enabled game currently played
7. double click on a friend should start a chat, right now single click just opens a menu while double click does nothing

Lost functionalty I really want to be back
1. offline mode for some older games like AC2 (when purchased from steam). it was available in previous version
2. ability to run games purchased on Steam games directly without Steam client. In previous version direct shortcut to most games worked perceclty, but now it asks me to enter another CD key because new launcher handles Steam and non-Steam versions as a separate games with different product codes.

Bugs
1. clean Uplay 2.0 install (if I remove Uplay launcher and use an installer provided on Uplay site) does not work. Just crashes. It works only if I install older launcher first and then update it to Uplay 2.0
2. for some reason people who are in fact offline appear to be online

Anykeyer
07-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Another (major) bug. Cloud save game system is seriously messed up. After Uplay restart (its required) when you run game immediately it somehow syncs old save games and places it locally. But if you wait for a few minutes before starting a game it will download correct/actual saves. After this every sync (on each run/close game) will work properly. But when you restart Uplay again and immediately start a game old save games will reappear. Closing game (but not Uplay), waiting for a few minutes and starting game again will sync correct saves. I repeated this process today a few times, with always same results

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Please see the updated first post for details of the latest update - which should fix missing save games.

Please note - Steam purchased games may not show in the launcher - this is normal.

If you get asked to enter a Product Key on your shortcut made for your steam titles - please make a new one from the Steam Library - right click the game and select 'make shortcut'

Anykeyer
07-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Save game cloud bug described in my previous post is present in 2.0.1 (in fact I dont know if its existed in 2.0.0 because I just didnt have enough time to notice)

theVGK74
07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations for my PC quite a while ago and have been playing it all the time. Since you just got this new client its making me use the product key again. Which wasn't a big deal, I got it and everything. But when I paste the code it says, "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support." I have been using the same account all the time and never logged out or changed accounts on this computer. And it's still the same user! What's wrong with this!?

DarkCloud_RU
07-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations for my PC quite a while ago and have been playing it all the time. Since you just got this new client its making me use the product key again. Which wasn't a big deal, I got it and everything. But when I paste the code it says, "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support." I have been using the same account all the time and never logged out or changed accounts on this computer. And it's still the same user! What's wrong with this!?
Same problem with Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Retail DVD-box (Russian Akella)

j0kay
07-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Please note - Steam purchased games may not show in the launcher - this is normal.

Very funny. If you force us to use this software, then make it work.

Danilla-Bluzzz
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Uplay выдает сообщение что сервис Ubisoft сейчас не доступен, а в offline не принимает пароль.

dex3108BL
07-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Adding Redeem Key option would solve problems :D That way we can add directly game to library without installing it.

Anykeyer
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes, there is still no way to redeem a cdkey without running game itself first. Nice to finally have a download option for retail purchases (EA did this ages ago, and Im glad u finally come to senses too) but "redeem" without having a media is a must.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like Ubisoft's Origin now. Ehh, I guess the future of every publisher attaching their games to their exclusive digital store app is already happening

omegazx10
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
because of ubisoft develing exculsive DLC i won't be able to buy off assassin's creed III & far cry III all because of amazon.com & ebay.com refuses t olet me sell any more i hope your happy all i did what i do is per-order in any retailer like gamestop,amazon,bestbuy, & walmart throw in exculsive DLC to those located i get games on both system on xbox360 & PS3 for double the joyment double entertanment but now i don't understand why u won't release those contant on xbox live market & PS store Publisher & the develper r selfsh & now i won't ever support your games new release any more because of those 2 places

these r the games i got from u

ghost recon (FS) 360/PS3
assassin creed (BH) 360/PS3
assassin creed R. 360/PS3
splinter cell C. 360
rayman origin 360/PS3
COJ the cartel 360/PS3
far cry P. 360
far cry II 360/PS3
war end PS3

that basly what i been doing for almost year gathering up those games to get there contant to support tr company now i can't any more

Bairrfhionn
07-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, thanks. It took me over a month to get Revelations working properly with all the patches and I was really enjoying it. I even enjoy Multiplayer despite a poor connection latency That was until you're new uPlay client screwed it up. Now it barfs doing save game syncs, says it can't downlaod uplay files from ACII, ACB, or ACR and bsaically I can no longer play. Nice going Ubisoft!

BAT502
07-06-2012, 11:10 PM
We are happy to introduce the new Uplay PC client, bringing all your Ubisoft PC games and Uplay services in one place! Our aim is to offer you a smoother and richer experience and make your gaming experience even more enjoyable.

All Uplay enabled PC games from AC2 onwards will automatically be updated to the new Uplay Client upon connection.
Alternatively, you can also download it on www.uplay.com (http://www.uplay.com/) if you want to see for yourself what it's all about.

On top of a fully revamped interface, here are some of the main features of the new Uplay PC client:
GAMES LIBRARY
Browse and re-download your games.
SOCIAL FEATURES
Chat, friends list and notifications.
ACTIONS & REWARDS
Redeem Rewards for all platforms.
CLOUD SAVES
Always start your game where you left it.
INTEGRATED SHOP
Browse and purchase our latest games.
FREE TO PLAY
Discover new free-to-play games and demos.

Your feedback and suggestions are important to us. Let us know your thoughts on Twitter @UplayUbisoft, on Facebook.com/uplay.ubisoft (http://Facebook.com/uplay.ubisoft) or on the forums!
Enjoy your games!

**** Update *****

Uplay PC has been updated to version 2.0.1, which should fix the issue with saved games some of you have experienced.

BRILLIANT, thats a load of ****.

Bairrfhionn
07-07-2012, 12:33 AM
An apparently the client has been updated to 2.0.2 Which seems to have fixed msot of my current problems. I'll wait and see if others crop up. Frankly for all the ehadaches with UPLAY I'd cheerfully consign Steeam to the outer hells of Cthulu. That's a POS programming if there ever was one, IMHO.

Lostmuppet
07-07-2012, 02:22 AM
WTF,,,, lost three hours game-play on Assassin's creed 2 because Uplay cloud save synced a earlier game save, thanks a bunch. Learned my lesson and from now on cloud save is permanently staying disabled, which it should be by default anyway. Now if I decide to re-enable it in the future for the same game will it re-sync the same old game save over a newer one?

Anykeyer
07-07-2012, 08:49 AM
WTF,,,, lost three hours game-play on Assassin's creed 2 because Uplay cloud save synced a earlier game save, thanks a bunch. Learned my lesson and from now on cloud save is permanently staying disabled, which it should be by default anyway. Now if I decide to re-enable it in the future for the same game will it re-sync the same old game save over a newer one?

I already pointed at this bug. Present in 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 and maybe 2.0 as well. Cloud sync works properly if you wait 2-3m between launching Uplay and game itself. But if you dont then it downloads old files from somewhere.

Lostmuppet
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
I already pointed at this bug. Present in 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 and maybe 2.0 as well. Cloud sync works properly if you wait 2-3m between launching Uplay and game itself. But if you dont then it downloads old files from somewhere.

I think my problem was that uPlay crashed when I exited the game and did not upload a new save, but when I restarted it restored a older one. I did try your solution but it didn't work, the real problem is their cloud saves fails to recognize newer save file and just overwrites with what ever was last uploaded. If for example you disable Cloud save in the settings and carry on playing the game and at a latter date re-enable it, it will restore you to your last cloud save before you disabled it and destroy any progress you may have made.

talon74
07-07-2012, 05:50 PM
After the July 4th update, when I try to launch Heroes of Might and Magic 6, it just goes directly to the end game dialog. Very frustrating that an update to a game I just want to play offline gets broken by this patch. What do I need to do to play the game again? Totally dead in the water for several days now. Saw some other people posted about this in the bug report thread but no solution given yet.

Korchaa
07-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Please note that we've added a list of know issues in the Uplay forums: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689181-Uplay-PC-Known-issue

The Uplay PC team in Ubisoft Massive is currently working diligently on all the reports that you have made in order to clearly identify the issues and provide a fix as soon as possible on the most important ones, notably the remaining issues related to saved games and the ones occuring when installing or launching the games.

Ok, Ubi, just in case u really are intrested in feedback, here's mine so far

Great
1. I like new UI, its much more streamlined now
2. Its nice we finally got some form of text communication for games like AC Revelations
3. Its also good that u made an overlay
4. friend list is actually shared between AC Revelatiosn (maybe other recent games) and Uplay, I dont have to re-add everyone again

Wishlist
1. ability to manage cloud saves with some kind of UI. sometimes I want a fresh start and need to wipe all save games for specific title. as of now its really hard to get rid of "options" save (usually "1.save" file)
2. sound notifications when u recieve messages, overlay popup should also unclude a hint that u need to press shift+F2 to answer because some users can be confused
3. offline messages (some sort of inbox)
4. chat groups
5. better overlay, right now it uses too much space for rewards/action and not enough for more usefull stuff like chat box and friend list
6. friend list should show current activity, at least display a name of uplay-enabled game currently played
7. double click on a friend should start a chat, right now single click just opens a menu while double click does nothing

Lost functionalty I really want to be back
1. offline mode for some older games like AC2 (when purchased from steam). it was available in previous version
2. ability to run games purchased on Steam games directly without Steam client. In previous version direct shortcut to most games worked perceclty, but now it asks me to enter another CD key because new launcher handles Steam and non-Steam versions as a separate games with different product codes.

Bugs
1. clean Uplay 2.0 install (if I remove Uplay launcher and use an installer provided on Uplay site) does not work. Just crashes. It works only if I install older launcher first and then update it to Uplay 2.0
2. for some reason people who are in fact offline appear to be online

Thanks for the detailed feedback Anykeyer, it's much appreciated! :)

As a note, most of the features request you've made on the friends/chat system are already planned for future updates.

Anykeyer
07-13-2012, 09:35 AM
BTW
What about downloads of retail-purchased games if you have DLCs as well? Will it download DLCs? This is particulary interesting for ACR Ottoman Edition. DLC3 assets arent included with patches and require separate download.

I also have a new feature sugestion. There should be a way to redeem codes without running game itself first. For example what happens if I bought a game to play on a new MacBook Pro, that is powerfull enough to run said game but like most netbooks does not have any optical disc drive. It would be nice to just run Uplay, register my CD key and download game. I know that DVD drive is usually listed in game's requirements. But this is a matter of convinience. After all both Steam and Origin have this feature.

bemylady
07-15-2012, 09:15 AM
I try to play MMOH6 but I couldn't connect to Uplay server! DARN!

Kittenfur
07-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Here is a suggestion. Make it work!

Blahu_ro
07-15-2012, 09:57 AM
I cannot log in to Uplay in order to play Heroes 6 online. Reseted password several times, no luck. Your new Uplay sucks.

crazyman217835
07-15-2012, 10:00 AM
I cannot log in to Uplay in order to play Heroes 6 online. Reseted password several times, no luck. Your new Uplay sucks.

Exact same problem here.... Ubisoft.... feel like sharing what the problem is?? or when it will be fixed??

Meresamun
07-15-2012, 10:04 AM
how about telling us when it will actually work and be fixed? having same issue with trying to play anno 2070 through steam

cant even get it to play offline mode :(

galofigus
07-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Ubisoft only operate from Monday to Friday. The servers wont be up until Monday morning in whatever time zone the uplay servers are located. Go play something else until then.

tetsuo13
07-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Maybe you should put some effort into updating A GAME not that f...ing client???? Or maybe create somethng bigger than this Pirates sh.t?? If you REALLY want to ease some people's life and connect Steam and Uplay in some ways DON'T MESS in others business... Your 1.5 patch to Heroes VI should aware you that if you do something and apply it WITHOUT even basic tests it will crash - now you have another proof to that theory... So stop screwing everything and keep up the GOOD work :mad:

Jestoric
07-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I am trying to login to play GHFS and it says username and password are wrong....I have reset the password and it still doesn't work....would just be nice if we could be told its their servers not our computers that are glitching...not a single post in forums from support as usual.

Tyskersejt
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
I am trying to login to play GHFS and it says username and password are wrong....I have reset the password and it still doesn't work....would just be nice if we could be told its their servers not our computers that are glitching...not a single post in forums from support as usual.

I can't login to the Uplay client either. Tried resetting my password. That didn't help. And it is working here on the forum and website and what not. Several games are down also. A fix would be very nice. The faster the better...

elonohic1959
07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Me too I just want to login to play GHFS campain mission but with the same problem. Please fix the bud immediately lots of palyer is very angery now.

BelgianJezus
07-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Lost a whole morning trying to figure out what is wrong with my account and now I find the darn servers aren't working properly.

Pure amateurism ! :mad:

Osoviich
07-15-2012, 11:09 AM
I also can not login to uplay.
Yesterday it worked.

For those who do not play online. Temporary solution uplay run in offline mode.
How do I show the picture.

http://s017.radikal.ru/i433/1207/ab/29c7dffcb23b.jpg

MrFob
07-15-2012, 11:12 AM
I can't even log in with the new prog.
I just reset my password but even after that, the **** thing wont let me log in. Keeps telling me that I entered the wrong user name or password. Good work Ubi. Really great work!
P.S.: I also can't run it in offline mode because I am running AC Revelations for the first time (or rather I am NOT running it for the first time) and it needs me to register/activate the game.

P.P.S.: Oh yes, and it would be common courtesy to actually spell out in the error message that it is your launcher/servers that are not working and not our account details. That would save a whole lot of people a whole lot of time and nerves. Just sayin'.

P.P.P.S.: May I just add that it also was a great idea to do this nonsense on a weekend during a steam sale. How stupid can one company be, really?

hidden42
07-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Ok. What will happen if i play in offline version?
Will my progress be saved. I mean, when they fix it, and i start play online, will i continue where i ended last time in offline mode?

Simply dont know how offline mode works and if it is the same as online mode, why even bother with online mode at all?

vertic.inferno
07-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Just how retarted you have to be to write a login mechanism that, when there is a server outage says: "Your username or password is incorrect. Please try again."?? There is nothing wrong with the credentials. And how crap your QA has to be to let that pass? Please try to set your QA processes up again. Correctly, this time.

Just think of how many users have reset their password because of this.

TinTamarra
07-15-2012, 11:20 AM
what a mess...
changed my passwort because the launcher wouldnt accept the one I remembered any more. Cant log in anyway.

BigJacko
07-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I can confirm I'm having the same inability to log in to Uplay this morning - same errors as everyone else is reporting: password incorrect (even though I know it's fine). Same details all work ok on www.ubi.com (http://www.ubi.com) (and here on these forums at forums.ubi.com, I think). Evidently a problem with the servers and everyone at Ubi is presumably at home, not working (given that it's a Sunday).

Can I suggest that the only update that the UPlay application really needed - but didn't get - was a 'UPlay Server Status' button or light so that we could see that there was some kind of server timeout or offline glitch, and thus save ourselves having to turn our profiles upside-down trying to work out what's going on? Thanks.

Thanks also to Osoviitch for the 'Uplay Offline' mode idea. I just hope I remember to ever turn it back 'on'! ;) And like 'hidden42', I'd appreciate knowing whether my achievements and progress will be 'banked' locally and synced later, even though my gaming was offline today. I'd hate to miss out on Uplay points simply because I'd played offline for a bit, due to Ubi's servers going down...

r--x
07-15-2012, 11:26 AM
If I knew Heroes VI on steam has this stupid ubi think I would NEVER buy this game NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! Just spent my money for two copies of HEROES (for me and my wife) AND I CANT PLAY because ubi spent my money to drink beer not to give us servers running up :((((((((((((((((

Sui_Cid
07-15-2012, 11:26 AM
unbelieveable

hours since the last post, still not a sinlge useful reply

http://www.uplay.com/ produces a timeout

technical support does not answer for 4 hours now and cant believe it

TinTamarra
07-15-2012, 11:32 AM
maybe they are too embarassed to do anything. Not that Blizzard did any better with the D3 launch but they solved their problems eventually. Whenever I try a game from UBI there are server issues.

kencanvey2008
07-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Geat just wasted two ****ing hours of my sunday and reset my password just because ubi****e is a lazy company!!!

stevenings
07-15-2012, 11:39 AM
"from dust" my first and my last game with this **** uplay.

fix you log-in system ubisoft!

Sui_Cid
07-15-2012, 11:39 AM
As long as they apply an "all new client" they should be able to bring up the support .. and if it goes wrong like it did, they should do a rollback, start all over there work and apply the new client later.

what do you need a plattform to sell games for, when nobody would buy something as long as it doesnīt work properly

edit: just found the solution: "you donīt need the client anyway :9 .. you can just sell games without anybody playing.... maybe ... i could sell Anno 3040 or, Assasins Creed 4..."

webbon
07-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Definitely not buying another ubi game again... bought Anno 2070 last night and now I can't play it... a few months ago I bought Heroes VI and likewise was unable to play the whole weekend because ubisoft doesn't bother with 24/7 support... f you, ubisoft

DasSauna
07-15-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm locked out too, kind of a bummer since I had games installing overnight to play today.

Lollla82
07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
New customer here ... is this normal for Ubisoft games??? No support, serves down with no hope insight???
Cant log on, the Uplay page takes 3 mins load ... whats going on!!???

webbon - please tell me you're joking - no 24/7tech support??? Not in this day and age surely!!??? Especially when everything is dependent on Uplay log-in!!

Sui_Cid
07-15-2012, 12:28 PM
New customer here ... is this normal for Ubisoft games??? No support, serves down with no hope insight???

webbon - please tell me you're joking - no 24/7tech support??? Not in this day and age surely!!??? Especially when everything is dependent on Uplay log-in!!

thatīs it!

and you wonīt even get someone of ubi to answer you, they start up a new client on a day without support ((sunday)

syacelion
07-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Well I guess this is my punishment for being seduced by steam summer sale and giving in and finally buying a whole slew of games I'd been dearly wanting to play but hadn't due to bad experiences with the ubi launcher / uplay system: more bad experiences with uplay.
After patch, launcher claims this is a new computer system, and requires login before letting me continue playing again, not even offline mode.

Wish I lived in Korea, their legislation is uptodate and this level of bad service constitutes reason for full refunds over there. And that was for Blizzard during D3 launch. This isn't even onetime launch overload.

Meresamun
07-15-2012, 01:00 PM
surely they have at least one f'in person watching forums or server status at the weekend that can call someone in to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a disgrace, you cant even open a new forum thread stating that the servers are down :( and since this is an old thread they might not be monitoring it

Makkaszisz
07-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I had reset my password in Uplay, but still tells me this is not the right one. I paid you for this. Work for your money please. This is not the first time... ten days ago was a fail also ... few days ago I have lost my savegames because of the hotfix in MMH6. Stop this...except if your aim is to get out of the market.

Fjorduss
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Not a good first impression, Ubisoft.

TinTamarra
07-15-2012, 01:22 PM

yep, thats normal.

Joske2222
07-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Geeeez,

i need to read this forum more often. It took me numerous attempts and loads of password changes before i figured out it isnt my fault. At this moment i still can not login to the uplay server.

Ranger64511
07-15-2012, 01:38 PM
The client is crap fix it! A company like this should have people on call 24/7 for problems like this on top of that would issue an statement or something. Talk about professionalism common now....just push that big red button on your desk that says "CALL EVERYONE IN SERVERS ARE OFFLINE/DOWN" and hurry up already.

kencanvey2008
07-15-2012, 01:42 PM
All I want to do is play anno 2070 OFFLINE but I still have to log on!!!!! FFS!!!!

dop85
07-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Dear Support Team

In a time we have Software like "Game Launcher" and somthing like this, there MUST be a 24/7 Support! It's one thing you can't programm a Game who's working on a Laptop (Ohh my god, there is a new thing called Laptop-Gaming?) but now we have no Access to our Games or to our Savegames!

It's like a train-company without trains on sunday!

So, fix this Problem or don't programm any games in the future. Because no one will buy a Game, he can not start!

KidKariminal
07-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Agreed!

whatewar
07-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Indeed an awful company with definitely a worst support among its competitors. Never going to buy another game from them. Their lack of integrity is rather shocking

Ranger64511
07-15-2012, 02:42 PM
All I want to do is play anno 2070 OFFLINE but I still have to log on!!!!! FFS!!!!

Open a command prompt and do ipconfig/flushdns

Someone else found this and I was able to login in offline mode and still play just fine.

TinTamarra
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
open what now? :) you'd be my personal hero if you could explain that

JoxerTM22
07-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Open a command prompt and do ipconfig/flushdns

Someone else found this and I was able to login in offline mode and still play just fine.
Do not do flushDNS!!!

You can play any game offline (set that in uplay settings), but the problem is that major game content is disabled in offline mode!

Poc1984
07-15-2012, 03:42 PM
i cant because my uplay has never connected to the servers yet >.<

tricro
07-15-2012, 04:35 PM
/flushdns does nothing more than flush your cahced ip results from DNS. Would be nice if this helped, but it wont (unless you have a DNS configuration issue, in which case you probably wouldnt have made it to the forums)

Would be nice to have an announcement about this, or some sort of eta on servers being back up. No redundency or failovers on something that can cripple gamers from accessing thier content Ubi?

Tom4500
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Nice job UBI i can't login to my uplay account.

ifshebe
07-15-2012, 05:19 PM
THE STUPID SERVER DOWN AGAIN.... WHY??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????? I'm returning my game to Amazon and demanding a refund. Take note ubisoft. You are LOSING CUSTOMERS. Good bye and good riddance.

Sjonny_Dream
07-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Unable to play also :mad:
Stupid i have to login to play a game i paid for but because i can't log in i can't play. Never again will i buy something from Ubi.

Don't force us to only be able to play a game when we have connection!! You can't even run a server.

galofigus
07-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Would be nice to have an announcement about this, or some sort of eta on servers being back up. No redundency or failovers on something that can cripple gamers from accessing thier content Ubi?

If you bothered to look, ubisoft only provide customer support from Monday to Friday. Servers will be down until Monday morning when the employee's get to work and realise the servers died. ***** all you want, we all know when the next ubisoft games comes out that your interested in you will rush to it forgetting today's rage.

Fjorduss
07-15-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm still a Ubisoft fan. This is just disappointing. Hopefully they get it together.

Reaper_71
07-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I had the same prob with mine not conecting untill i got frustrated and just checked remember me and kept clicking the log in boton then after 15 to 20 clicks it logged me into online mode lmao this still needs fixed but if you keep clicking you will log in after a few ;0)

PenyMeny
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Reaper_71;8475929]I had the same prob with mine not conecting untill i got frustrated and just checked remember me and kept clicking the log in boton then after 15 to 20 clicks it logged me into online mode lmao this still needs fixed but if you keep clicking you will log in after a few ;0)[confirm , click guys as much as you can then you log in - its working :)]

Haddix9
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I had the same prob with mine not conecting untill i got frustrated and just checked remember me and kept clicking the log in boton then after 15 to 20 clicks it logged me into online mode lmao this still needs fixed but if you keep clicking you will log in after a few ;0)

+1 Rep
Thank you so much Reaper :D It worked I can now update my Ubisoft games :D Thanks again

Ace--
07-15-2012, 06:39 PM
confirm

Kittenfur
07-15-2012, 06:45 PM
0_0 Wow, I can't believe that just worked. Thanks!~~

Tekener72
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
You can play any game offline (set that in uplay settings), but the problem is that major game content is disabled in offline mode!
You can't play Settlers 7 even in offline mode, as the brainless idiots from Ubi**** require you to have a constant internet connection the whole time you play the SINGLE player offline part ... To hell with them

almaz-mixt
07-15-2012, 06:56 PM
пидорасы :-(

Rollibar
07-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi!

since I bought the game trough steam I dont really understand the concept of having to log into more programs to make it work, if I have to guess its got something to do with piracy, but as I already have it on steam this is pritty convinving its not a pirate version. So uplay uplay udontplay is the worst invention from ubisoft if its job is to reduce piracy by making playing the game for the people who actually bought it very very difficult then its a roaring succes.

I have never with anyother game I've bought for pc had to work so hard just to get to play it. Also the support site you have is the worst u cant even call it a support site, its a list of "general problems" with written answers to them, well what if my problem isnt on the list (it isnt) or your sulotion dosent work for me, theres no email or number you can contact to get help. Atleast I havent found one. (****ing **** really absolutely **** horrible)

So in conclusion ubisoft makes it harder for honest people who buy their games, but the piracy version is working like a dream I bet, u click the shortcut on the desktop and BAM! ur game starts and u go have fun. Alas dear ubisoft what are we the gamers suppose to think of this? with my logic the answer to ubisoft game problems is to buy it and then put it on ur shelf as a decorative and go download it trough some torrent site, install and enjoy. Or just to spite them dont buy it (but u know then they might stop making nice games alltogether with no income and such)

Rogue1266cmssc
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Reaper_71;8475929]I had the same prob with mine not conecting untill i got frustrated and just checked remember me and kept clicking the log in boton then after 15 to 20 clicks it logged me into online mode lmao this still needs fixed but if you keep clicking you will log in after a few ;0)[confirm , click guys as much as you can then you log in - its working :)]

It worked!!! :D

xxxFRIDAYxxx
07-15-2012, 07:58 PM
подтверждаю - работает. Я залогинился

Blahu_ro
07-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Check this out...if you didn't already http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-either-make-uplay-start-working-or-scrap-it-immediately#

talon74
07-15-2012, 09:10 PM
I have to say, because I work in software, I'm willing to put up with a lot but the Uplay system has got to be the worst system I have seen. Making me login to play an offline game, breaking the system with an update that was forced out, making a patch that further breaks things instead of fixing them, no or very slow response to support tickets, no announcements when things are down with an ETA of when they are coming back up, etc. I love the game but want to spend my time playing it, not looking through forums, FAQs and submitting support tickets that get no solution. I'm done buying Ubisoft games.

colz14
07-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Confirmed the rapid clicking of Log In worked for me playing From Dust now, but its still ridiculous

NinetyFiveBravo
07-15-2012, 09:31 PM
You can't go through life raging over every little thing that goes wrong. The new Uplay is a good thing in my opinion. They'll get it together. They're only trying to protect their products from losers who don't want to pay for their games. At least they got away from the "always online" DRM. This is just a transition period and once it's over, Uplay is where I'll be buying all of my Ubisoft titles. More power to you Ubisoft!

Black_Widow9
07-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey Everyone,
Uplay is aware of the service issues, the Uplay Launcher is not working. Our teams are working hard on bringing the services back online.

I'll let you know when they are working again.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

kunajk
07-15-2012, 10:01 PM
They're only trying to protect their products from losers who don't want to pay for their games.

No, we are the losers, becouse we bought UBISOFT titles. Pirates can play today, we can't - who is the losers? I working five days a week, and when I am free, I can not play. GOG.com respects the customer and sell the game without DRM.

ZyfieEleison
07-15-2012, 10:33 PM
You can't go through life raging over every little thing that goes wrong.
Well i can. You know why? Because i've paid for the game.

The new Uplay is a good thing in my opinion. They'll get it together. They're only trying to protect their products from losers who don't want to pay for their games.
And they're failing. Horribly.
Edit: People who don't want to pay for their game are now playing happily without any problems.

At least they got away from the "always online" DRM.
Oh i see that's why i can't play now. Because i'm not able to login.

Hey Everyone,
Uplay is aware of the service issues, the Uplay Launcher is not working. Our teams are working hard on bringing the services back online.

I'll let you know when they are working again.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dear sir, nothing against you but isn't it a little late? The service is unavailable for hours and nobody even felt the need to say something.

Black_Widow9
07-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Uplay PC service should now be up and running properly. Please try logging into your game and let us know if you have any issues.

connor_bg
07-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Well i can. You know why? Because i've paid for the game.

And they're failing. Horribly.
Edit: People who don't want to pay for their game are now playing happily without any problems.

Oh i see that's why i can't play now. Because i'm not able to login.

Dear sir, nothing against you but isn't it a little late? The service is unavailable for hours and nobody even felt the need to say something.
+10
I tottaly agree with you.

The people in this forum are mainly sheep-kind of persons. They think that being polite will leave good impression about themselves, they agree with everything this company does, which is the main reason it is spoiled for the reasonable customers to suffer (those who actually want to get what they are payed for).
Just look at the other threads, the people are like discussing about templars (like they really do exist now trying to parish the world),speak about "those who came before" or some crap, they refer to each other with assassins or some bull**** :D:D, just those facts for themselves reveal that this people are brainwashed, im huge fan of the AC series, but now....

brunsvan
07-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Uplay service not up and running. Can't login.

Anykeyer
07-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I hope someone from the team will read this. I was wondering about DLC downloads in Uplay 2.0 and today finally had a chance to test it. Tested on account with retail ACR Ottoman Edition tied to it.
ACR has 3 DLCs, all required assets for first 2 were included in patches. But 3rd requires separate installation.
So that's what happens when someone with ACR OE tries to download game using Uplay 2.0. Uplay downloads regular game setup, then game self-updates to latest patch. In the end access to Lost Archive (DLC3) is lost. Because neither Uplay nor game download required assets.

cre4sede4gle
07-18-2012, 09:04 PM
I recently bought the assassin's creed 2 game through steam. I am, by no interpretation, a dedicated fan to the franchise (since I'm just now buying the one from a couple years ago)

This UPlay ******** has made me less of a fan. Installation was buggy as hell, game randomly closed because Uplay closed (while I was playing!)

I cant even put this **** in the system tray like steam, you guys are trying too hard, I don't want your ****ty wallpapers or your ****ty Uplay points for playing.

I wanted to play a single player game, does assassin's creed 2 even have multiplayer? Why am I required to make an account and have an internet connection just to play single player, it introduces nothing but problems into the equation.

It doesnt help that you guys put almost no effort into making the game user-friendly for the PC, part of the learning mission still has the outline of the d-pad for what button to push.

If you want us to pay for your games rather than steal them... maybe you can make them less than $60 and not piss off your players with ******** extra programs that add nothing but problems to my gaming.

Honestly, next time I want to try an Ubisoft product, I'll probably just find a cracked version on thepiratebay, It'll be quicker and less difficult to get to the point where I get to play.

Edit: I just found out the fun way that you cant play the ****ing game unless both Uplay AND Steam are running. I close steam and when I press play in Uplay it opens steam, I close uplay and press play in steam and it opens Uplay. What an obnoxious ****ing design.

Anykeyer
07-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Many games on Steam have 2 DRM systems. Steam + 3rd party http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List. What a surprise. BTW newer Ubi titles do not use Steam DRM at all. Its not that hard to make an account and you are not required to be online except for the first launch. Actually its one of the least intrusive DRM on the market (when servers are not down, Ubi), no drivers or resident programs, no limited activations. Somewhat redundant if you got game from Steam but still good for some reward unlocks.

achkill337
07-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Since this seems to be the only way to get your attention ubisoft your a joke this is the second time my offline saves have vanished twice now 40 hours of saved games gone everytime you release a frigging update hope your company burns in hell because youll be retiring soon customers loyalty and lack of communciation and crappy games who invents a system with offline online saves **** the pirates think about your customers im getting the pirated version you wont block them no matter what you do there to **** good so start taking ppl who pay 40 quid a bloody time on one piece of **** i could code better

AK47_FTW
07-25-2012, 02:00 AM
i love the new client, looks like origin though haha.
you guys shouldn't yell at ubisoft for messing something up, same thing happened with steam and origin when they updated and tried new things.

DeafPoni
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi there, I've followed the links to http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...yInstaller.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UplayInstaller.exe), but chrome says "Oops! Google Chrome could not find static3.cdn.ubi.com"

So i went via uplay and clicked on download client, same problem.
Is there something I dont know? has the link moved?

DeafPoni
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Nevermind... If I right click and "Save link as..." it seems to work... sorry for the bother.
I just hope this fixes that effed-up conflux issue.