PDA

View Full Version : Adding Auction House

kuroiart
07-03-2012, 06:46 AM
While You get a lot of cards, you also get a lot you don't need.
Auction House (AH) would be a great tool for us to exchange cards or regain gold we used on cards we didn't want.
Also we could buy the card we actually need instead of buying 20 boosters to get that one.

In my opinion AH should have 2 options:
- Bid (highest bidder gets the card) [when you are outbid you receive your gold back and may bid again]
- Buyout (Instant buy a card for the price owner set)

AsaelShi
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM
I am rather sceptical regarding auction house idea. I mean it is an interesting option as long as they don't come up with RMAH.

sacranin
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I think that platform for exchanging cards would be far better solution

JokVader
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
An Exchange menu or forum would be great but then cards should have their vaules for example a Pit Lord for 4 maulers or something.

DjTechShadow
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Exactly, in addition, each card should have a so-called value of the home, to avoid selling the cards for a penny or something like that.

Dokładnie, ponadto każda karta powinna mieć tak zwaną wartość startową, aby uniknąć sprzedawania kart za grosze lub coś w tym stylu.

AsaelShi
07-03-2012, 10:50 AM
If you are using the auction house (Diablo 3 for instance) you are often scouring it for good deals. If you happen to find one (even if you don't need the given item) you can buy it and sell it for a higher value increasing your affluence. Why would you want to remove that by adding a base value ?

JokVader
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I think what DJ meant is that the cards should have a minimal value which you can not go down, just up. I support the idea.

Myślę że DJ chciał powiedzieć że karty powinny mieć wartość minimalną poniżej której nie da się zejść. Popieram pomysł.

DjTechShadow
07-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes that I mean.

AsaelShi
07-04-2012, 06:55 AM
I know what he meant and thats exactly what I was referring to. If the auction house is implemented your idea should never come to pass. You are basically saying that players don't need to have the slightest knowledge of the market values because everything will be automatic. On top of that your whole idea contradicts with the market system itself !
Let me explain, if there are too many cards of the same kind on the market it is only logical that their price drops (vide Need and Demand) but that will not be possible under the circumstances you have proposed. So no, your idea isn't good it is in fact terrible.

JokVader
07-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Well yes you have a point there, even a big one but there is one problem for example i got a drop of an extremly rare hero and then i got another one which i don't need. If there won't be any minimal vaules i can sell him for 1 basic unit or lets say 10 gold. Would that be logical? I don't think so. There should be a rule saying for example that you can drop the basic price 50% below and xxx% up. This should make the game beter to avoid devaluation of cards. Becouse if it would be as you say i could buy for 1k gold an uber charged deck what fun would it be then. People would stop buying packs. The game would become a ruin.

Ch3rryAC
07-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I agree with JokVader, if there is no miminum Value you could make multi accounts to move all rare and epics to one Account. Smurf accounts would go only up to lvl 5.

Also, if if booster with 1 RANDOM rare or epic costs 12 500 gold, who would buy them if player put Epics on AH for 1 000 gold f.e.?

AsaelShi
07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
If there won't be any minimal vaules i can sell him for 1 basic unit or lets say 10 gold

And why would you do that knowing the true value of the card ? That was my point in the previous post: people will require the knowledge of card's value. How would they gain it ? Before they sell they check the AH for the card they have found and see that the it is worth more than 10 gold for instance. The developer could also make a more visible distinction on the cards informing whether a card is a rare or common.

Because if it would be as you say i could buy for 1k gold an uber charged deck what fun would it be then. People would stop buying packs. The game would become a ruin.

That would be a very rare ocassion, which would happen only if someone puts a lot of time in searching the auction house instead of dueling. And no people would not stop buying packs because you have to sustain the market with goods. And again if they buy a pack there is a good chance they might find a card worth much more than the pack itself.

I agree with JokVader, if there is no miminum Value you could make multi accounts to move all rare and epics to one Account. Smurf accounts would go only up to lvl 5.

If I understand correctly you are afraid of smurf accounts being too powerful. So let me give you an example of how they can deal with them in a simple way: Add elo rating depending on the deck's rarity value.

Ch3rryAC
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
they can deal with them in a simple way: Add elo rating depending on the deck's rarity value.
And how is that simpler than minimal value of cards?
F.e
1k - Common
2k - Uncommon
5k - Rare
10k - Epic

If what you saying will be true, cards would cost more than they minimal value anyway.

JokVader
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Well you cant report everyone that would be simply impossibile. And lets say i'm a troll( well i am kinda) and i will play the game 10 hours a day then i'll buy a lot of packs and begin to sell the cards for 10 gold each just for fun. The whole market would break down in 3-4 hours. To rebuild the market would take days if not weeks. And i assure you such trolls are many. Becouse some p[eople love to have clean decks and get rid of unneeded cards asap.

AsaelShi
07-04-2012, 11:10 AM
You do realize people will make smurf accounts whether you like it or not. Your minimal value will not change that (There will always be rich people and how will you stop them from making smurf accounts ? Increase the minimal value more ? ) So my idea is better.

@JokVader

I can assure you if they did that all their cards would be bought by people searching the auction house all day and would appear in couple minutes for their normal value. Thats how auction house works.

JokVader
07-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes yes but those trolls would be making tons of gold how? Simple as i and my brother did in wow ( on a private serwer) I make an auction he buys out he makes an auction i buy out always with a bit higher price this way we got prices very high and made lots of gold but thats illegal in normal serwers. What i wanted to show is that there will be always people or groups of people who will "cheat" on Auctions We can avoid that by making minimal prizes which would make it impossibile to troll around. Beside a restriction that you cannot sell a card you just bought for about day or two would be also quite an option.

AsaelShi
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Where did I say anything about trolls ? I am talking about people who play a lot thus have a lot of gold. You can't stop that. And your idea as well as arguments are ridiculous. Because if you implement it it will cease to be an auction house. You might as well create a shop where you buy cards for base value. Who would want to buy a card for more than a base value if in couple minutes / hours another one will appear with base value cost ?

ps. On normal servers (from my personal experience) people would report you and you would get banned. So don't bring up private server examples cause you can do absolutely anything in there.

JokVader
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
As i said that wouldn't happen on normal servers and the shop idea wouldn't be bad. But as you probably saw in wow if you want to get rid of an item you can higher up the prize on auction house or go to a nearby trader and sell it for the base vaule and that is what i mean noone should sell cards for lower prizes.

mrseev
07-14-2012, 06:26 PM
No chance for this.

Auction house means 0 income for Ubi cause nobody gonna pay for medals.

Better idea is just to sell this cards for some small amount of gold.