PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood destroys Xbox 360 disc drive

soldiersback
07-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello,

I have played AC2, AC Brotherhood and Revelations.

The first time I played Brotherhood, I borrowed the game from a friend. Every time I wanted to play, there was an 80% chance that the game would never boot, and that the disc drive would make a weird noise. If I would hear the noise I could not eject the disc anymore and also not turn off the console. The only way was to hold the power button.
If I wanted to play I had to quickly eject the disc. Then made the Xbox recognize the disc on the dashboard, then I could play.

Now, I am borrowing the game from my girlfriend. Different disc, never had a problem, when today the same thing happens. With no other game I get this problem. So I am curious, what kind of magic is in this disc that destroys my Xbox disc reading laser?

Slayer_WTF
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Do you have it set vertically?

soldiersback
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Do you have it set vertically?

Yes. It is a white Xbox 360 falcon, vertical, and I don't have any room to put it horizontally.
Do you have any clue as to why this game is this way?

berserker134
07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
maybe abstergo is trying to mess up your 360

Slayer_WTF
07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes. It is a white Xbox 360 falcon, vertical, and I don't have any room to put it horizontally.
Do you have any clue as to why this game is this way?

Here, I thought so. Avoid keeping your console vertically, which as I understand it tends to scratch discs. :)

Mr_Shade
07-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Very very odd... Never heard or had this problem myself.

If you have the game installed, I suggest you delete the game data (only that data not saves) and install it again from the current disc, assuming the disc is free from scratches.

Of course you are free to contact support - however it could be down to either the disc or console - some consoles have issues reading the odd disc, before a disc drive failure - :( some games are larger than others, so those discs have more data in, so they are the first to start playing up.

Not saying this is the case, but worth keeping an eye on.

pacmanate
07-02-2012, 02:39 PM
You should never have your Xbox vertical. It is not meant to be vertical. You are essentially spinning the disc on it's side.

WolfTemplar94
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
You should never have your Xbox vertical. It is not meant to be vertical. You are essentially spinning the disc on it's side.

Which is weird, because Microsoft always show it vertical O.o

True_Assassin92
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Which is weird, because Microsoft always show it vertical O.o

True, it was meant to be placed vertically...

pacmanate
07-02-2012, 06:43 PM
My guess is it looks cooler vertically. But it shouldn't be!

soldiersback
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
This is the ONLY game it happens to. It appears as if the whole Xbox is dying, but I put in another game and everything is fine. I can play other games for months and it's fine, then I put in Brotherhood and it will do that stupid noise thing again.

It would have been okay if I didn't like the game so much.

SleezeRocker
07-03-2012, 12:01 AM
It's more likely that gravity is what is messing your disc :P

I always have consoles laying on their side (PS3, Wii etc). I don't have an xbox but if I did, I would also leave it on it's side ;)

soldiersback
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
It's more likely that gravity is what is messing your disc :P

I always have consoles laying on their side (PS3, Wii etc). I don't have an xbox but if I did, I would also leave it on it's side ;)

But how does that explain that every other game is fine, yet this one isn't?