PDA

View Full Version : New Liberations Details

GunnarGunderson
07-02-2012, 05:27 AM
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=477209 - There is literally an autokill button that does the fighting for you

http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-liberation-demo-preview-sieg-153447/ - Missions are on average 5 minutes long

rileypoole1234
07-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Here come the complaints about the kill streak button.

Remember everybody, It's optional!

Everything sounds good to me though, I think it's a buy for me.

WolfTemplar94
07-02-2012, 06:02 AM
1) The fact that it's optional makes it ok. Those who want a challenge can just turn it off. Mind you, I would never have it turned on.

2) The shorter missions is a good idea, and their reason behind it is smart. A portable console is going to be commonly used in places like buses, waiting for someone etc. so it makes sense to prevent the player from having to spend long amounts of time to the game. I would have done a quick save feature that can save in the middle of missions though, to be honest.

LoyalACFan
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Not sure I like the idea of having such short missions... My favorite moments in AC games are always the complex infiltration missions. I'm sure there will be missions that are more than five minutes (after all, they did say "on average") but still.

De Filosoof
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I hope AC3 will be full of secrets and mystery, that's what AC is all about.
ACR was kinda spoiled. They showed complete missions at the time! Hope they won't make the same mistake with AC3.
I don't want to see the bunker hill demo, just show me some non-story related gameplay.

SixKeys
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Why is everyone on the NeoGaf forums so excited about a jump button? It's always been possible to jump in these games.

I hope we'll see some more gameplay soon. For a handheld game this is sounding surprisingly good.

NeroInfernoF7
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Why is everyone on the NeoGaf forums so excited about a jump button? It's always been possible to jump in these games.

I hope we'll see some more gameplay soon. For a handheld game this is sounding surprisingly good.

It hasn't been possible to jump just by pressing a button, first you had to like crouch and then do a jump, never understood why, haha ;P

Sushiglutton
07-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I wonder which if any of those gameplay features will carry over to console game. Mark and execute? Jump button? I also wonder how literary u should interpret: "crept along a rooftop "

SixKeys
07-02-2012, 10:12 PM
It hasn't been possible to jump just by pressing a button, first you had to like crouch and then do a jump, never understood why, haha ;P

What's the big deal, though? You were able to jump when it was necessary, like when there was an obstacle in front of you. Why would you want to jump in place for no reason?

NeroInfernoF7
07-02-2012, 10:21 PM
What's the big deal, though? You were able to jump when it was necessary, like when there was an obstacle in front of you. Why would you want to jump in place for no reason?

I agree that the stand-still jump was totally unnecessary, didn't solve anything in the game.
And it will be harder to jump in liberations, I am expecting many falls.

massmurdera_666
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I already have the vita bundle pre ordered, i was gonna wait to get the vita but when they announced this at E3 i was all over it. Now I have the tough decision to open it or not (I still have the psp bundle with Bloodlines unopened). Looks awesome though can't wait to play as a female assassin, it will be an interesting experience I'm sure.

SleezeRocker
07-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I'll still buy it, especially since the NA AC3 CE was bust, I can use the extra money to buy AC Liberation ;)
Plus haveing more AC (and on the go) is always good for me :D