PDA

View Full Version : Live gameplay at GAME on 4th of July

pr3dato8
06-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Hey,

as you probably know by now on 4th of July in England in major GAME stores there will be live gameplay shown of Assassin's Creed 3.

One of them in on Oxford St in London.

I was just wondering whether anyone knows whether that many people would turn up (i.e. would i need tot urn up like an hour before to actually get in)?

Thanks

kudos17
06-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Wait, there will be?

Cool :p

Also, I don't live in Oxford so I have no clue, but I'd judge it on how many people usually attend midnight releases (if they have those at GAME), pre-order pickups on day-one of a popular game, etc. I don't know if you can really get hard numbers on exactly how many people will attend.

Slayer_WTF
06-29-2012, 04:50 PM
You can also watch the video on the internet? Or will not? I hope I never have to cross the ocean to see a little video. :P

Acrimonious_Nin
06-29-2012, 05:09 PM
^ You wouldn't ?!?!

Jamiedwi
06-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Huh, haven't heard of this before. Where did you find out and how do you know which stores will be having demos - did you have to go in and ask?

joeh93
06-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Escoblades mentioned it in his recent video on YT as well. There are posters outside the GAME stores that have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVYV6QEOU-M&feature=g-u-u

Jamiedwi
06-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Escoblades mentioned it in his recent video on YT as well. There are posters outside the GAME stores that have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVYV6QEOU-M&feature=g-u-u

ah thanks now i'll probably have to go around like 4 different GAME stores to find one doing it :P

pr3dato8
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM
It has info about it on their official facebook page, thats how i found out about it:

This July 4th - be one of the first to see Assassin's Creed III being played live at GAME stores across England. We're running a series of showcases at the following stores.

GAME Newcastle (9 am - 5:30 pm only)
GAME London Oxford St
GAME Bristol Cribbs Causeway
GAME Nottingham
GAME Manchester Trafford Centre
GAME The Fort Glasgow

Please note that you must be over 18 to attend. Please contact any of the GAME stores listed above for information about availability and opening times in your area.

I phoned the GAME store on Oxford street and they said it will begin at 5:30pm and finish at 10:00pm

I just dont want to turn up at 5:30 and find out that the whole store is completely full and there is no way to see the live gameplay :P

And yes i COULD watch it on the internet but its summer holidays and im bored + i dont live too far away so I thought why not :)

BTOG46
06-29-2012, 06:03 PM
ah thanks now i'll probably have to go around like 4 different GAME stores to find one doing it :P

Oxford Street:
Bristol:
Nottingham:
Newcastle:
Manchester:
Glasgow:

;) I have a VIP pass, so I'll be able to get in .......

Jamiedwi
06-29-2012, 06:05 PM
It has info about it on their official facebook page, thats how i found out about it:

This July 4th - be one of the first to see Assassin's Creed III being played live at GAME stores across England. We're running a series of showcases at the following stores.

GAME Newcastle (9 am - 5:30 pm only)
GAME London Oxford St
GAME Bristol Cribbs Causeway
GAME Nottingham
GAME Manchester Trafford Centre
GAME The Fort Glasgow

Please note that you must be over 18 to attend. Please contact any of the GAME stores listed above for information about availability and opening times in your area.

I phoned the GAME store on Oxford street and they said it will begin at 5:30pm and finish at 10:00pm

I just dont want to turn up at 5:30 and find out that the whole store is completely full and there is no way to see the live gameplay :P

And yes i COULD watch it on the internet but its summer holidays and im bored + i dont live too far away so I thought why not :)

Nooooooooo the nearest is Oxford Street and thats like 2 hours away D:
Hopefully it'll just be the same they're releasing on the website

pr3dato8
06-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Oxford Street:
Bristol:
Nottingham:
Newcastle:
Manchester:
Glasgow:

;) I have a VIP pass, so I'll be able to get in .......

How did you get a VIP pass???? :O

BTOG46
06-29-2012, 06:13 PM
How did you get a VIP pass???? :O

I think Escoblades wants to assassinate me when I turn up....

But seriously, if you'd followed the Game facebook and twitter, you'd have seen they were offering a limited number of VIP places to people who contacted them a couple of weeks ago.

pr3dato8
06-29-2012, 06:17 PM

But seriously, if you'd followed the Game facebook and twitter, you'd have seen they were offering a limited number of VIP places to people who contacted them a couple of weeks ago.

dammit, i have been following AC facebook page but i couldnt find GAME's facebook or twitter, and still cant :(

Assassin_M
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Me and the global Mod in one thread ? My lord..
but yeah... YOU LUCKY DUG !!

pr3dato8
06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
*sigh* I suppose there is no way of getting a VIP ticket now...but maybe turning up an hour earlier will do the trick :P

GunnarGunderson
06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
No love for Canada? The country where these games came from?

Assassin_M
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
No love for Canada? The country where these games came from?
No love for Egypt ? which....... which hmm housed the descendant of Altair ?:p

EscoBlades
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM

Looking forward to it. Also, you better watch your back all day, hehehe ;)

Locopells
06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
So what exactly, in their own words, are they promising to show? I thought I saw another thread on this, but can't find it now. I do seem to remember though that the wording was suspect as to the possibility of them showing anything we hadn't seen already. Though if they want to risk angry gamers (and after the PAX East thing, you all know there will be) in their shops, that's their lookout!

If it is new stuff, does anyone know whether it'll be shown online after the event?

BTOG46
06-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Looking forward to it. Also, you better watch your back all day, hehehe ;)

Better bring my banhammer along then......

Locopells
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2008/11/banhammerbm8.jpg

EscoBlades
06-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Better bring my banhammer along then......

I am well prepared for this eventuality...... (http://api.ning.com/files/BSIzmRe6m-EtoXo7*1ooQE6Trd2Cf4XyXRtQ87n8I9UVJMg90Ss7JLBxRrW-okKxQ5iNgNF9oRVWZHo5VlRbLHx50DooQtkR/Bring_It_Mofo.jpg)

Locopells
06-29-2012, 07:13 PM
'bursts out laughing'

dewgel
06-29-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm well excited! Just got my invite through on my email now for the VIP thing too.

Anyone else going to GAME Newcastle during the day? I'm going! Probably spend the day there haha.

pr3dato8
06-29-2012, 09:54 PM
So what exactly, in their own words, are they promising to show? I thought I saw another thread on this, but can't find it now. I do seem to remember though that the wording was suspect as to the possibility of them showing anything we hadn't seen already. Though if they want to risk angry gamers (and after the PAX East thing, you all know there will be) in their shops, that's their lookout!

If it is new stuff, does anyone know whether it'll be shown online after the event?

They said there is going to be live gameplay, but that doesn't mean that it will be new. However if you google around there are lot of comments on the fact that a new trailer of Assassin's creed 3 will be released on 4th of July. So maybe the gameplay will be old but a new trailer?