PDA

View Full Version : Is this a trim problem?

sorgan100
03-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Hi

When i start up a quick mission, my plane (doesnt matter which one) banks over and plummets - and it takes over half of my stick travel in two axes to hold level flight. Surely this is too much correction for this to be a trim problem - is it a bug?

Its not the stick or the axis setup, they are fine. Gyro/torque engine effects dont make a difference - on or off it does the same.

I understand there are some issues with setting up trim, like long delays in the trim adjustments taking effect, is there any way around this. I dont want to have to have to spend minutes at the start of every flight faffing about with this just to acheive some semblance of level hands-off flight

sorgan100
03-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Hi

When i start up a quick mission, my plane (doesnt matter which one) banks over and plummets - and it takes over half of my stick travel in two axes to hold level flight. Surely this is too much correction for this to be a trim problem - is it a bug?

Its not the stick or the axis setup, they are fine. Gyro/torque engine effects dont make a difference - on or off it does the same.

I understand there are some issues with setting up trim, like long delays in the trim adjustments taking effect, is there any way around this. I dont want to have to have to spend minutes at the start of every flight faffing about with this just to acheive some semblance of level hands-off flight

Chadburn
03-03-2004, 09:40 AM
it's not a bug. something is wrong in your setup. what js are you using?

http://home.cogeco.ca/~jkinley/FB_JG27.jpg