PDA

View Full Version : Amongst all the hate, i actually had a good time.

Unforgiven_91.
06-28-2012, 10:14 PM
So today i tried a few rounds of MP. I assumed i'd get disconnected like always, but for some reason it worked out. Anyways, I loved MP. almost all of it.

The good:

The stress that comes with being incapacitated, crawling to your friends is amazing, although a larger icon for someone in need of a revive would be nice.
Cover is crucial as it should be, so tactical action is important
gunsmith allows for some interesting combinations in the guns.
Conflict allows gameplay to shift around the map in a dynamic fashion. It also leads to some fun defensive maneuvers and panicked gunfights
Sniper rifles aren't 1 shot kills. This is both good and bad, but I'll leave it here. Quick scopes won't really work, and camping isn't a great option. especially with the tight sight lines in most if not all of the maps.
I got knocked out by an emp (unconscious)and got passed over by a wave of enemies. Never been more stressed out

The bad:

Headshots are 1 hit kills with any gun (so far as i can tell). It's not the worst thing, but 1 crazy run-and-gun punk can take you out just as easy as a man behind cover.
Death comes really quickly. Also somewhere in the grey area, if you're smart you'll likely survive longer, but your odds drop to 0 if caught in the open.
that's all i can really think of. But still, while i played it was fun.

one9-delta
06-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I also love the coop and campaign very well done, I would like to see more npcs on the battlefield for vetern and elite but thats my only complaint about campaign.

Kraiden-
06-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Sniper rifles will be 1 shot 1 kill once you unlock the lvl 32 sniper rifle and the lvl 36 armor piercing ammo.

Unforgiven_91.
06-29-2012, 12:14 AM
if i can ever reach those levels

RealoFoxtrot
06-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks, you made my day.

I've also had not much problems playing and it's a great game (albeit the little i've played so far) but am glad to see that someone can be cheery in the middle of all this hate

ApexMandalorian
06-29-2012, 12:43 AM
The game is actually pretty good when it's not dropping connection. I love the game. I HATE that it's buggy as hell though. It's not like people are complaining about gameplay, and how it plays, like the console community was doing when the game came out. My ONLY issue is that this game is so buggy. Game's not Ghost Recon. That's for sure. But it's a fun game. For me, it's a BF3/MW3 replacement. It's definitely more in the BF3 vein that the GRAW vein. But it's a good game, gameplay-wise and design-wise. If Ubisoft would just fix it, there wouldn't be much complaint around here.

singleGhost
06-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Sniper rifles will be 1 shot 1 kill once you unlock the lvl 32 sniper rifle and the lvl 36 armor piercing ammo.

sniper is one shot already at low levels if u choose proper weapon - optimize for damage and shoot on chest or neck

Marvolol
06-29-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm fond of the damage in this game. I usually opt for hardcore on bf3, mw3 anyway so the quick deaths in this game is ideal for me. Haven't been able to play multiplayer yet (steam and from what I've heard the patch will do more harm than good) but testing on the range targets not all guns are one shot kills for headshots. However it's usually long range headshots with low damage guns that take two. However I'm massively fond of that type and it seems that the damage in this game is close to real life damage too. Again testing in the range the balance seems good too, though only playing properly in multiplayer can confirm that for me.