PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Figure Out Crash Issues?

Bockalocka
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Hey Guys,

I have seen a decent variety of people encountering all different types of crash issues.

The one that I am, unfortunately, getting is the one where I can't play the game at all. I can load the game up, play around with settings, but once I go to Multiplayer or Campaign modes, it freezes and crashes to the desktop, sometimes even locking my PC.

Has anyone found a fix for this or a workaround even? I hate to think that I paid $50 for a game that I can't play at all...That's like 2 cases of beer I could have bought...

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Bockalocka
06-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey Guys,

So I have seen people post that they underclocked their GPUs in order to gain stability when clicking on Campaign, Multiplayer, etc. I tried this when I got home last night and it worked for me. I lowered my clock and memory speeds by about 100MHz each and tried the game. It played for about 2 hours before I stopped playing (on my own).

Specs:
i7 950 OCed @ 4.01GHz
nVidia GTX 580
6GB RAM @ 1530MHz

MaceMagoo
06-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, underclocking stopped all crashes for me. Use MSI Afterburner, you can even set profiles to switch between overclocked and underclocked.

Bockalocka
06-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Yes, underclocking stopped all crashes for me. Use MSI Afterburner, you can even set profiles to switch between overclocked and underclocked.

Yup, that's what I use. It works the best out of all the others that I've used.