PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think playing Desmond is boring and kind of cheezy?

mockers00
06-28-2012, 01:42 PM
At first when I saw Desmond and how AC would work and I was able to control Desmond I thought it was kind of cool. Then I started to do some gameplay in brotherhood when we went to Ezio's old city then I was interested then I thought it was kind of cheezy. Then I got bored of it to the point where I was just like "Can I get back to playing Assassins Creed already"

Now I hear Desmond is going to have a bigger role then ever and I am like "Oh god" Now with AC3 I have my positive views that maybe Desmond is going to have this more Free Roam ability in the new AC3 but idk.

I know everyone has there opinions and maybe some of you liked Desmond gameplay but me personally I just started to get bored of it and found the scenes boring and cheezy. As in the whole Ezio town just made me feel like I was in a ps2 confined atmosphere.

Update: BTW, I do not think the overall story the inlcues Desmond is stupid I am referring to gameplay that "I" thought was boring and the alot of scenes that "I" thought were cheezy.

ignition11
06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
It's called Monteriggioni, not Ezio Town.

FrankieSatt
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
At first when I saw Desmond and how AC would work and I was able to control Desmond I thought it was kind of cool. Then I started to do some gameplay in brotherhood when we went to Ezio's old city then I was interested then I thought it was kind of cheezy. Then I got bored of it to the point where I was just like "Can I get back to playing Assassins Creed already"

Now I hear Desmond is going to have a bigger role then ever and I am like "Oh god" Now with AC3 I have my positive views that maybe Desmond is going to have this more Free Roam ability in the new AC3 but idk.

I know everyone has there opinions and maybe some of you liked Desmond gameplay but me personally I just started to get bored of it and found the scenes boring and cheezy. As in the whole Ezio town just made me feel like I was in a ps2 confined atmosphere.

Desmond IS the story. The one constant from AC1 to now IS Desmond. He's been in every single game, even it was brief. They have to have more of Desmond because they have to finish up his story.

To answer your question, NO I don't find playing Desmond boring. I love the story line.

dxsxhxcx
06-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I believe his role gives more flavor to the sauce (if you know what I mean) but the character itself isn`t much interesting, IMO they lost the chance to make him more likeable/interesting in ACR when they decided to make his missions the way they did...

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Assassin's Creed has NEVER just been about the ancestor. That's just not what the game is all about. There are two halves. Unfortunately, Desmond gets the smaller half. The only reason why we even got to play with the ancestors is because of Desmond. He needed training and also needed to look for POEs. It does make sense though that we never got to play as Desmond before because they never had time.
I liked the first person memories in ACR, but I wish they would have had playable memories. I think that would have made more sense and sure, how fun is it to be a bartender?, but still, it would have been better in my opinion.

Dralight
06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
I find Desmond's part of the story the most interesting, actually. He NEEDS to have a bigger role than in previous games this time since they're wrapping up his story in AC3.

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I remember a long time ago that they said AC3 will see Desmond become the ultimate assassin.

Dralight
06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
I remember a long time ago that they said AC3 will see Desmond become the ultimate assassin.

I hope so. After gaining the skills of 2 of the greatest assassins of all time, it would be a waste for him not to finally put his skills to use. One of the main reasons Desmond started reliving Ezio's memories was for the specific reason of training to become an assassin.

mockers00
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I never said I did not find the AC story in whole not interesting? I just thought the gameplay and most of the scenes were cheezy and boring. I think it would be cool if Desmond had more free roam and more combat in AC3, if he got unleashed on the streets of New York in free roam I'm done *In a good way* :]

Sorry? :\

dxsxhxcx
06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I never said I did not find the AC story in whole not interesting? I just thought the gameplay and most of the scenes were cheezy and boring.

I agree with, the gameplay could`ve been a lot better, the scenes are OK IMO, I just hope he doesn`t keep whining about Lucy the entire game, this would be boring... hehe...

OriginalMiles
06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
No, your opinion is boring and cheesy.

WolfTemplar94
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
The gameplay, I will admit is a bit dull. It fits the story though.

I saw an interview with Alex Hutchison(Sorry if I spelt that wrong :/) and he was asked if Desmond finally dons his hood and his answer was "I can't give anything away", while holding a smirk on his face. The gives hope for good Desmond gameplay. Let's not forget the picture of him in the announcement video... The one where he was standing on the ledge looking at the Abstergo headquaters. The looks like a good sign for me :)

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
? That last part... what?

rileypoole1234
06-28-2012, 04:46 PM
? That last part... what?

Yeah, I don't remember Desmond in any announcement videos... That's just plain wrong.

Aphex_Tim
06-28-2012, 04:58 PM
I like Nolan North's voice acting, it reminds me of Nathan Drake.
So if they would just give Desmond Drake's humor as well... :p

pacmanate
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Ezio Town hahaha I'm gonna start using that. I don't think Desmond is cheesy, BUT I do think that he hasnt had a very big push at all since AC2.

GuZZ33
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Desmond gameplay I just started to get bored of it and found the scenes boring and cheezy.
I don't know about cheezy? but boring oh yeah, max boredom hahaha!, des is a stiff weird looking boring character to play in game. I'm not the greatest ac fan and to be quite honest i found the actual whole game of ac1 and brotherhood boring games, but, for some reason ac3 looks different but it could be boring in some levels?.

kriegerdesgottes
06-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes Desmond is boring and cheesy but he adds a necessary mysterious element to the game and he makes it possible to visit other places in history without a time machine. He also binds the assassins together and gives purpose to seeing their lives so I'm glad Desmond is part of the series but I agree he is boring and I don't care about him at all. He's kind of a necessary evil.

mockers00
06-28-2012, 11:34 PM
No, your opinion is boring and cheesy.

Nice insult, don't get mad I said it;s just my opinion and I do LIKE the overall story, I just thought the gameplay and scnes were dull boring and cheezy, no need to get defensive.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Ezio Town hahaha I'm gonna start using that. I don't think Desmond is cheesy, BUT I do think that he hasnt had a very big push at all since AC2.

No wonder, ACB and especially ACR were just artificially lengthening the modern-day plot to squeeze out more sequels and more $$$

FreshGroundFX
06-29-2012, 01:43 AM
I do, it's annoying. It's like filler plot. And they work really hard on not making Desmond nerdy or uncool and not a specific race. Then it gets cheesy.

kudos17
06-29-2012, 04:26 AM
Desmond is kind of bland, but that's because he comes from a bland background. In his words: "I'm a bartender for Christ's sake, what do you want me to do, teach you how to mix a martini?" :p

But seriously, there's not much substance. His interaction with the other modern-day Assassins could be better, etc etc.

However, what I think Desmond needs is just more time to develop. Nolan North is a fantastic voice actor. We need that guy to talk more. Listen to Nathan Drake from Uncharted, Captain Walker from Spec Ops: The Line (and jeez, all the other stuff he's been in). That guy is instantly recognizable, and for good reason. If Ubi gives Desmond more interesting things to say, and with more varying emotion than just sarcasm and seriousness, we could have a really interesting and lovable character. Like, as good as Ezio. I'd bet money on it.

WolfTemplar94
06-29-2012, 04:48 AM
I kind remember what the video was called, but it was the one where they announced all the details, like the new engine etc.? If someone could remember what it is, you'll see I'm not a moron :P

massmurdera_666
06-29-2012, 07:46 AM
i like Desmond and his personality because it makes him feel like a real person. think about it, is there anybody out in the real world like Nathan Drake? uhhh no. but real people are like Desmond, boring and sarcastic, that's why we all love the characters from Uncharted or Mass Effect, because they're not boring, they're just made up to be something that we will never be and wish we could be.

mockers00
06-29-2012, 08:42 AM
i like Desmond and his personality because it makes him feel like a real person. think about it, is there anybody out in the real world like Nathan Drake? uhhh no. but real people are like Desmond, boring and sarcastic, that's why we all love the characters from Uncharted or Mass Effect, because they're not boring, they're just made up to be something that we will never be and wish we could be.

Lol Desmond could do leap of faiths and free run, he's not that realistic but I see your point.

playassassins1
06-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Lol Desmond could do leap of faiths and free run, he's not that realistic but I see your point.

He was talking about Desmond as a person. His personality and how he acts... Not him being an Assassin..

eagleforlife1
06-29-2012, 10:11 AM
As Desmond and Connor are both in New York I wonder whether Desmond will also be able to free-roam the Frontier.

kudos17
06-29-2012, 04:31 PM
That'd be pretty cool. But I'm not really sure where the Frontier envelops... it might be more cities now, if we're talking about New York.

But New York is still definitely not all just cities... people tend to make the mistake of thinking it is nowadays :p So who knows. The Frontier isn't all in New York anyway, so...

OriginalMiles
06-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Nice insult, don't get mad I said it;s just my opinion and I do LIKE the overall story, I just thought the gameplay and scnes were dull boring and cheezy, no need to get defensive.
I only say that because this is like the (exaggerating) billionth thread I've seen regarding this.
I respect your opinion, but I don't feel like this thread needed to made.

mockers00
06-29-2012, 11:13 PM
I only say that because this is like the (exaggerating) billionth thread I've seen regarding this.
I respect your opinion, but I don't feel like this thread needed to made.

Oh sorry, I never seen a thread like this did not know, Honestly I like the whole Animus thing and the story of AC but I just find the Desmond gameplay and alot of the scenes boring and I really just wanted to get back to playing Ezio. When they announced Desmond will be playing a bigger role I was just like Oh god. I hope he has funner gameplay this time around instead of silly gameplay. Him having Free Roam in New york would be sick even if it was a limited area of New York. I am confident in the AC devolpers and with the new graphics and system and features I believe they know what they are doing with Desmond and I think possibly they have some exciting something planned for Desmond since they semi hyped him up. This is what I hope will happen but we will see.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-29-2012, 11:54 PM
As Desmond and Connor are both in New York I wonder whether Desmond will also be able to free-roam the Frontier.I doubt it. The area changed too much, they would have to modify the frontier alot to make it look like modern NE states

De Filosoof
06-30-2012, 12:19 AM
I doubt it. The area changed too much, they would have to modify the frontier alot to make it look like modern NE states

I doubt it as well. Though it would be nice to visit some areas Connor visited (like ancient temples and stuff).

I loved to visit the colosseum with Desmond in ACB. Especially the part with the leap of faith because we did the same leap of faith at the same place with Ezio.
I would like to see more of that.