PDA

View Full Version : Save Your Breath, Do Something Productive

MeatheadMilitia
06-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Good the subject heading lured you in here.

Listen, I know a lot of you are raging that you can't play the game you payed for and by all means, you have the right to rage.

But step back for a second. Whats raging really going to do?

Do you still own the game or did you already return it?

What is posting on the forums going to do?

Do you honestly believe developers and product managers and all these higher ups really come here and read what you write?

I'm not trying to hate on everyone that is raging. But seriously... RELAX.

I've been waiting for this game forever as well, I got the Yeti Fatal Error Crash. I called up Tech Support. They said they are aware of the known issue.

Now if nothing else we can just sit around and HOPE that they figure out what the problem is and fix it ASAP so we can play this game.

Do you honestly believe they pushed a game to the pubic KNOWING this was going to be an issue?

Do you think they were sitting there going, "Let's release a game they can't play and watch them rage for the Trololololol and create bad PR for ourselves"?

I'm willing to bet 99.99% of the people here have zero experience creating a video game, myself included, so stop acting like your an expert. It makes me disgusted to call myself a gamer seeing how some of you act.

PC gamers are suppose to have more class and intelligence than Console Gamers. Well, right now, you're proving that wrong.

Go play another game. Dont have another game? Go outside. Go to the gym. Find a Girlfriend/Boyfriend. Something. Just quit the unnecessary crying. Yes, Crying.

end rant.

Malik4Play
06-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Max Level

Sarra-
06-28-2012, 06:03 AM
"Do you honestly believe they pushed a game to the pubic KNOWING this was going to be an issue?"

I take that question seriously,
And my answer is:
Yes.

This is not new to PC gamers. Dev's will put out something then let us beta test it.
It's arguably easier for them.
So say what you will, but I can with out a shadow of a doubt, that this has been done before, and it will be done again

uh60l
06-28-2012, 06:13 AM
Hmmm, rage.....rant.......

Pot, kettle....kettle, pot.

Sarra-
06-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Oh, you're that kinda guy

Alright, good one, you win.

Update:
My mistake, I didn't see the last part of your post
"Go play another game. Dont have another game? Go outside. Go to the gym. Find a Girlfriend/Boyfriend. Something"
How dare I pay $50 for something to work when it's released

You're right, I should just go do other things, and think of that 50 as an investment for "when UBI thinks it's time for me to have fun"
I feel pretty stupid for replying, you win again.

Runitex
06-28-2012, 06:16 AM
I wasted 55$ on this crap, so i guess the crap needs to work.

Pr8Dator
06-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Saving my breathe and playing Battlefield3... its got its own problems but at least its nice looking, good framerate and playable.

TrapiiN
06-28-2012, 06:58 AM
this is a great game, and yes after 1 day it is going to have bugs. But it's obvious they payed special attention to the PC version. I have had a few crashes but the connection is always great and every accurate shot I take registers. The game is well optimized and is amazing. Teamwork is definitely a must in this game which distinguishes it from other titles. Great work guys

MeatheadMilitia
06-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Oh, you're that kinda guy

Alright, good one, you win.

Update:
My mistake, I didn't see the last part of your post
"Go play another game. Dont have another game? Go outside. Go to the gym. Find a Girlfriend/Boyfriend. Something"
How dare I pay $50 for something to work when it's released

You're right, I should just go do other things, and think of that 50 as an investment for "when UBI thinks it's time for me to have fun"
I feel pretty stupid for replying, you win again.

:p

Anthony123abc
06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
this is a great game, and yes after 1 day it is going to have bugs. But it's obvious they payed special attention to the PC version. I have had a few crashes but the connection is always great and every accurate shot I take registers. The game is well optimized and is amazing. Teamwork is definitely a must in this game which distinguishes it from other titles. Great work guys

I'm happy for you, at least you're able to play it.

SkullAndBones.
06-28-2012, 08:42 AM

Another fake ubisoft account trying to gain more sales. Wont work.

Fred_DM
06-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Another fake ubisoft account trying to gain more sales. Wont work.

you are pathetically ridiculous.

i don't have any issues with the game beyond the fact that i have to disconnect my joystick for the mouse to work in-game. but i guess i must be a UbiSoft marketing person, huh? even though this is my first full-price UbiSoft game since Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed 1. ****, i'm not a very loyal employee, am i?

papa-hausser
06-28-2012, 10:10 AM
you know cod mw2 had some serious issues on release as well. just wait and see if they can fix the issues in a reasonable time. have played the campain for a while its way better than any cod so far. have played a little multiplayer tho disconnects are still horrible have only been able to get to rifleman 7. all in all i love the game play of multiplayer wish other games would make multiplayer like this put teamwork over kills.

Fred_DM
06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Black Ops was worse. in fact, launch-week issues have been pretty common in PC games for 10-15 years now. i'm surprised at the outrage that happens every time. you'd think people would expect it by now, and act accordingly (i.e. either waiting it out or not buying on launch day).

mackey18
06-28-2012, 11:19 AM
"The game is well optimised" - The game is nowhere near optimised. My GPUs are overheating playing this game, more so than when BF3 is maxed out. The game only runs at 24Hz too! This game is not optimised by a longshot, not the cleverest thing you could have said.

Aj6627
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
1. Do you still own the game or did you already return it?

2. What is posting on the forums going to do?

3. Do you honestly believe developers and product managers and all these higher ups really come here and read what you write?

4. Do you honestly believe they pushed a game to the pubic KNOWING this was going to be an issue?

5. Do you think they were sitting there going, "Let's release a game they can't play and watch them rage for the Trololololol and create bad PR for ourselves"?

6. PC gamers are suppose to have more class and intelligence than Console Gamers. Well, right now, you're proving that wrong.

7. Go play another game. Dont have another game? Go outside. Go to the gym. Find a Girlfriend/Boyfriend. Something. Just quit the unnecessary crying. Yes, Crying.
[
1. No I don't, but I can safely say that it is pretty much impossible to return a PC game, at least here in the US.

2. It will at least let people vent.

3. No, it hasn't been this way since 2004-2005.

4. Yes. They have your money, and that seems to be the Ubi MO recently. Hopefully it will get fixed before the usual PC 6 month support period is up.

5. No, they weren't doing it "for the lulz," just for the money. And I'm not blaming this on the devs; it's more the responsability of the suits.

6. Yeah, that's usually the case with games designed for PC, as opposed to pretty much direct console ports. (and shoddy ones at that)

7. Yeah, God forbid people play games that they just paid $50 for. I mean, geez, it's totally unrealistic to buy a game and expect it to work right off the bat!

n00bflakes
06-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Everyone has to learn to calm down. The truth is, despite what error your getting, whatever roadbloack the problems are giving you, this is still a really fun amazing game. The teamwork makes the game better than any other game I ever played. I understand your all super upset, but you have to realize that they didn't just turn out the game and run for the money. That would turn them into ea. They are working on this problem, and I know they will fix them.

Also I am no ubisoft employee, this is my first PC game ever from Ubisoft, and yes, I've expierenced BAD BAD releases before too, and trust me, your raging and venting isn't going to help solve the problem. I don't understand how you people couldn't expect it, it's a PC launch, it surprises me that even with the errors I'm getting I'm still able to keep calm and cool. I guessed I'm just blessed with a patient temper.

MeatheadMilitia
06-28-2012, 05:01 PM
1. No I don't, but I can safely say that it is pretty much impossible to return a PC game, at least here in the US.

2. It will at least let people vent.

3. No, it hasn't been this way since 2004-2005.

4. Yes. They have your money, and that seems to be the Ubi MO recently. Hopefully it will get fixed before the usual PC 6 month support period is up.

5. No, they weren't doing it "for the lulz," just for the money. And I'm not blaming this on the devs; it's more the responsability of the suits.

6. Yeah, that's usually the case with games designed for PC, as opposed to pretty much direct console ports. (and shoddy ones at that)

7. Yeah, God forbid people play games that they just paid $50 for. I mean, geez, it's totally unrealistic to buy a game and expect it to work right off the bat!

was number 7 filled with sarcasm :)

Hum8ucker
06-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Black Ops was worse. in fact, launch-week issues have been pretty common in PC games for 10-15 years now. i'm surprised at the outrage that happens every time. you'd think people would expect it by now, and act accordingly (i.e. either waiting it out or not buying on launch day).

PC games have to run on a variety of hardware and servers for online play need a few days stress testing before they are perfectly reliable, I dont mind those issues.

BUT here we have a game that still has XBox screen prompts, problems with mouse input and incompatability with Windows XP, still the most common operating system in the world!!!! This is not a hickup, it's an incomplete product thats unfit for its intended use.
They've ported the game just enough so that it works on select systems and favours AMD graphics cards, surprise surprise the same manufacturer of XBox GPU's. UBI obviously didn't begin plans to port the game until after console release and now they've released an unfinished port to PC before the hype of the console version dissipates.
And why not? It's not like there's legally established standards for games makers to adhere to.

Az4z3l11
06-28-2012, 05:35 PM
+1
Either try to fix the problem or wait for a patch, i can't play the game either, but it doesn't ruin my life.
Take a break, smoke a cigarette, calm down and try again later.

Cyclosporine
06-28-2012, 06:04 PM
I remember the days when the internet wasn't too mainstream and pc gaming was at the top.
Games were released complete and on schedule, bugs and glitches were very rare or none at all. Also, games were cheaper too.

So no, I do not think it's ok for Ubisoft or any company to release games like this.
"that this is now beta testing?" then why didn't they release a beta or demo to be tested before?

This game is practically a scam!! the game was never intended for pc, they just decided to milk it and screw the pc community.

GuZZ33
06-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I remember the days when the internet wasn't too mainstream and pc gaming was at the top.
Games were released complete and on schedule, bugs and glitches were very rare or none at all. Also, games were cheaper too.
Some things you mention have merit but i remember paying 35 for the very first Splinter Cell game on PC at release, i remember paying 20 for Ghost Recon approx 1 year after its release at retail. If i choose to purchase GRFS PC at release retail tomorrowl i'll pay 28, So pc games were not allways cheaper, in fact i paid less money for a brand new copy of max payne 3 on xbox 360 than i have for some pc games.

Saviorx32s
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
The fact that the game was delayed for PC users to address several issues... and to avoid feeling a console port....

Yet it feels worse then a console port and the best thing is not everyone online is running the same version resulting in the major connection issues. It really sucks having having to play 14 minutes of a 15 minute match, while your group is completely destroying the other team to have the host quit, and host migration fail. You loose that 12-25k exp and any hope of progression.

waaaazzza
06-28-2012, 06:46 PM
+1 Try real life if your pc bug...or relax

Aj6627
06-28-2012, 07:26 PM
was number 7 filled with sarcasm :)
Quite possibly. :P (at least I didn't need sarcasm tags for someone to see it dripping off the point)

Hum8ucker
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
+1 Try real life if your pc bug...or relax

Stupid point. At what point do you suggest we get angry for not getting what we paid for?
You pay a premium to play the game on release, otherwise I'd have waited a month and saved 25 quid.,,

papa-hausser
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM

So no, I do not think it's ok for Ubisoft or any company to release games like this.
"that this is now beta testing?" then why didn't they release a beta or demo to be tested before?

This game is practically a scam!! the game was never intended for pc, they just decided to milk it and screw the pc community.

what pc game are you talking about that never needed a single patch after release? maybe if the game was single player it didn't need any patches but far as multiplayer never have played a multiplayer pc game that was perfect on release.

mrybicki73
06-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Q: If you bought a brand new car and the steering wheel and the brakes didn't work, would you just sit back and relax waiting for the manufacturer to fix it ???

A: Hell no, you'd be sorely pissed, and complaining just like we are...