PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Positively Favorite AC game and why?

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 01:00 AM
I am aware that this poll exists elsewhere on the forums but I have recently become acquainted with these AC forums so whats your favorite and why?

GeneralTrumbo
06-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Assassins Creed 2 was my favorite AC game thus far. I have high hopes for AC3 and I hope that will change things.

rileypoole1234
06-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Assassins Creed 2 was my favorite AC game thus far. I have high hopes for AC3 and I hope that will change things.

This exactly.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 01:54 AM
Couldn't agree more

De Filosoof
06-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Ac2.

ignition11
06-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Brotherhood, just for all of the cool new abilities, such as crossbow, calling assassins, and what not... but AC2 for story and replayability... but ACR just stunk

gamertam
06-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Assassin's Creed 2:mad: of course, d'oh!
historical landmarks, soundtracks, story, hidden blade in simplest form. Follow close behind is ACBrohood.

Turul.
06-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Brotherhood. a polished version of AC2. simple as that

EDIT: playing through Ac2 again,

the controls feel a bit clumsy and the combat is about as fluid as ac1

reaffirming my decision

really good story though and Venice is nice

roostersrule2
06-28-2012, 04:12 AM
I love them all but AC2 is my favourite. However if AC2 and RDR ( which is my 2nd favourite game) had a baby it would most likely be AC3 so by October 31st AC3 will probably be No. 1

naran6142
06-28-2012, 04:15 AM
AC2, without a doubt

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:05 AM
wait.
I was tired and chose the wrong option.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Hmm I didn't expect Revelations to do so well.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:14 AM
revelations is at 0.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 05:16 AM
revelations is at 0.

Apparently I need to work on my sarcasm.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:17 AM
I would of voted for ACB if I didn't accidentally click on AC1.

darn.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Come now there's nothing wrong with Altair

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:20 AM
I like Altair, AC1 just didn't have enough stuff that wasn't repetitive.

BATISTABUS
06-28-2012, 05:24 AM
I think AC2 is the best as far as being polished, and a huge step up from it's predecessor. I think AC Brotherhood has the most to offer as a game, with the fewest drawbacks.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:26 AM
I don't like AC2 as much as ACB because it has sparse details over many events.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 05:29 AM
The fluidity of combat in AC2 wasn't as good as brotherhood but the De Pazzi Conspirators and the 5 cities make up for it.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:30 AM
I think having too many cities is a bad thing actually, but only one city isn't good either.

Ac3 is a good blend.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 05:33 AM
I concur Optimus Connor

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm Captain John Bluejay to you.

shanethebouncer
06-28-2012, 05:38 AM
In that case I'm Lieutenant Dan.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Okay then Lt. Dan

Dralight
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
AC2. The new setting and scale of the game world, being introduced to Ezio, the story, the massive jump between it and AC1. Second to that for me would have to be ACB for all the new gameplay elements and introduction of the multiplayer. It also just felt like a well polished game.

roostersrule2
06-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Magic Legs.;)

Sushiglutton
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
For me it's AC:B >= AC2 >> AC1 >AC:R.

True_Assassin92
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Apparently I need to work on my sarcasm.

Not really, it was quite obvious :p.

AC2 remains the best of them. So many new things were introduced and ACB and ACR didn't appeal to me as much. Rome was quite a boring city eventually.

Sushiglutton
06-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Not really, it was quite obvious :p.

AC2 remains the best of them. So many new things were introduced and ACB and ACR didn't appeal to me as much. Rome was quite a boring city eventually.

What I liked about room was that it wasn't as flat as the previous cities which was nice. Also it had a great collection of landmarks to climb on. The countryside was a bit meh though, because there was no tree parkour ...

MT4K
06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
AC2 is probably my favourite because the atmosphere and everything was amazing. Walking around all the places in AC2 was great and it was nice to be able to travel to the different places and get a different feeling from each city. I especially loved Venice and the whole Carnivale area, and the entire city of Venice just looked so beautiful at night.

AC2 also had the best story easily. Followed by AC1. So it gives AC2 another bonus really. The only downside to AC2's story was the fact you couldn't replay memories :( (This was fixed for ACB and ACR though, but it didn't help AC2 any).

I really liked and prefered ACB for gameplay enhancements, but the fact you was only stuck in Rome (despite it being a cool city still) which despite its size did get a little dull after awhile and made you really start to miss the ability to travel to different cities for the different atmospheres and surroundings they provided.

I have no doubt AC3 will be my favourite AC game and probably one of my favourite games in general though and am very much excited for AC3 more than anything else.

playassassins1
06-28-2012, 12:23 PM
AC II !!!

It had a **** ton of side-missions, which were also fun.
The amount of cities. Venice was the best tbh.
Character development, you could really see Ezio change by every sequence in the game. He started out helpless not knowing what to do. at the end he became a master Assassin.

It was a big step forward from AC I. the atmosphere was amazing.

The soundtrack was very unique. For example: When you were walking around in Venice, the soundtrack really made you feel like you were in Venice. When you were in Florence. It felt different than Venice.

My second favorite AC game has to be ACB.

Felix-Vivo
06-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, unpopular opinion here, but I'm going with Revelations. This being because AC2 is the only one I haven't yet played (I had t to watch it mainly on YT). I also like the first game.

Something about Brotherhood felt a bit... empty. The plot never took off for me in the same way it did in the others, and I couldn't find many likeable characters (La Volpe *****in' about Machiavelli, that Bartolomeo guy *****in' about his wife, Claudia *****in' about being a woman... eh) and the sequence when all you do is use the Apple was a bit redundant for me. One button, over and over. There are a great many things that I think Revelations did better. But I'm in a tiny minority!

Aphex_Tim
06-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Lt. Dan! Ice cream!

Ontopic:
I'm gonna have to agree with most people here.
The first time i played AC2 was magical.

POP1Fan
06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Well, unpopular opinion here, but I'm going with Revelations. This being because AC2 is the only one I haven't yet played (I had t to watch it mainly on YT). I also like the first game.

Something about Brotherhood felt a bit... empty. The plot never took off for me in the same way it did in the others, and I couldn't find many likeable characters (La Volpe *****in' about Machiavelli, that Bartolomeo guy *****in' about his wife, Claudia *****in' about being a woman... eh) and the sequence when all you do is use the Apple was a bit redundant for me. One button, over and over. There are a great many things that I think Revelations did better. But I'm in a tiny minority!
Yes we are xD I also think Revelations is better than Brotherhood, but you MUST play AC2.It is the best in the series by far.It has the same characters as Brotherhood mostly, so you might change your opinion on them if you play AC2, but Brotherhood will feel more "empty"...for me it seems like an expansion.

Requiscent
06-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Assassin's Creed II by far. Its what cemented me as a fan of the series. The first game was great as well, but its execution kept me from really enjoying it.

SixKeys
06-28-2012, 10:25 PM
AC1 for me. None of the others, as good as they are, have been able to capture the same immersive atmosphere. I've played through the first game countless times and keep coming back to it.

RazorMonkey
06-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Enjoyed AC2 but love the online play of ACR, playing atm, love it!!

Subject J80
06-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Assassins Creed 2. It has to be, although I still love the original AC2 nailed it.

JCearlyyears
06-28-2012, 11:07 PM
AC 1 in my opinion had such a good atmosphere and the graphics are so amazing even today. The voice acting is phenomenal and the investigations, although repetitive, make sense. The sound effects are great and the combat is a perfect balance of difficulty and fun. There are different cities, each with their own atmosphere. The story was relevant to the title, hence it being called Assassin's Creed, and the story was in my opinion more interesting than some of the other AC games.

HD RoLoS v
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Ac2 then joint second for brotherhood and revelations :)

FreshGroundFX
06-29-2012, 01:45 AM
ACR is themost refined. It is what the game was always supposed to be. People knock it because innovation stopped at AC2 and now it's just fine touching. Also, it's aging as a game so people are bored with it. But the mechanics and graphics improve with each title. AC3 is going to be the best yet.

thecodeman715
06-29-2012, 01:52 AM
AC2 just because the story is freaking amazing.

Biomedical-Fire
06-29-2012, 02:02 AM
I voted for AC2 because I got to fly DaVinci's flying machine! :cool:

RazorMonkey
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Ac2 then joint second for brotherhood and revelations :)

True but I hope AC3 has some closure to the story this time, I think AC was always meant to be 3 parts, should be epic!

Sushiglutton
07-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Here's why I think Brotherhood was the best :) :
- Best side missions. Christina for story, war machines for gameplay variety and a ton of mini-assasination missions that focused on what the series does best.
- Borgia towers were a great addition as "organic" missions. No (or at least very few) silly ones like husband beat up
- Replayable memories.
- Best set of landmarks.
- A less flat, more varied city.
- Killstreaks made combat less of a chore (combat was never difficult in terms of dying, just time consuming).
- VR training was another smart and fun addition.
- Some very well structured missions memory segments like the actor segment and the banker segment (can't recall the numbers). I also very much like Da Vinci disappearence.
- Return to some places in modern time as Desmond was real neat.
- Awesome shocking ending!
- A couple of reasons I have forgotten :)!

AssassinGame1
07-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations story was hard to understand and Assassin's Creed was not that fun and not much to do. So I went with Assassin's Creed 2.
P.S. Assassin's Creed 2 had the best score so it was believable that most people would vote AC2 than the others

NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED- Assassin's Creed

JCearlyyears
07-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Am I the only one who's reminded of the four fingers on the hand by the votes for the games?
OT: I replayed AC2 and I realized how much I love it. The story is better than the rest of the series imo but the I still really love the first one.

masterfenix2009
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Revelations. Best story and character development by far, Constantinople was amazing, and loved the conclusions of Ezio and Altair.

De Filosoof
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Here's why I think Brotherhood was the best :) :
- Best side missions. Christina for story, war machines for gameplay variety and a ton of mini-assasination missions that focused on what the series does best.
- Borgia towers were a great addition as "organic" missions. No (or at least very few) silly ones like husband beat up
- Replayable memories.
- Best set of landmarks.
- A less flat, more varied city.
- Killstreaks made combat less of a chore (combat was never difficult in terms of dying, just time consuming).
- VR training was another smart and fun addition.
- Some very well structured missions memory segments like the actor segment and the banker segment (can't recall the numbers). I also very much like Da Vinci disappearence.
- Return to some places in modern time as Desmond was real neat.
- Awesome shocking ending!
- A couple of reasons I have forgotten :)!

The glyph puzzles!! :p although there were only ten, some of them were still a big challenge.

AC2 is my favorite game. Everything was perfect about the game. The atmosphere, the soundtrack, the story, MANY glyph puzzles, amazing ending with Minerva, infiltrating the vatican, fighting the pope, playing as Desmond while the credits rolled. **** i love that game!

Second favorite AC is ACB, third favorite is AC1 and far behind on the last place is ACR.

D.I.D.
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Brotherhood.

AC2 was great in terms of having that Pixar movie feeling about it, and it has a lot of my favourite locations and missions, but overall AC:B is the one I come back to the most. I feel a bit hampered playing the games before Brotherhood, great though they are. Brotherhood had so many superb missions. AC2 felt like I was being given (great) things to do -- and although they were easy, AC2 did require some thought -- but AC:B needed the most experimentation and imagination from the player. AC:R was just a massive step backwards and I hope they never make those mistakes again.

ACB > AC2 > AC1 > a long chalk > ACR

NeroInfernoF7
07-02-2012, 08:46 PM
AC2 for the epic story.
AC3 for the epic music + ending.