PDA

View Full Version : The reason UBISOFT will not care

chldudghks
06-27-2012, 09:31 PM
The complaints that are being made on this forum are legitimate. I personally realize the game is definitely unpolished, and maybe unfinished. The major complaint I, myself, have is why the resolution change bug is not being fixed ASAP. But as the title of this thread serves, UBISOFT will not care too much.

There are a few reasons why UBISOFT will not care and heed to our voices.

One, how many people are on here and steam forums complaining about the game rather than playing? 10? Perhaps 20 at most? Yes, there may be other places on the Web, but the number will still not go beyond 1000. But right now, the moment I'm typing this, there are nearly 2000 people playing the game just on PC, yes, it is not much for a game that was released yesterday, but it is 4:15pm on Wednesday where most of the people are at work. So the first reason is, there are still more people enjoying the game than complaining.

Two, there are over 15,000 people playing the game on Xbox. Yes, just because they have plenty of people enjoying the game on a different system does NOT give them the right or the privilege to ignore the other platform. But it is how it will be.

Three, in order to develop and publish a game, it costs x amount of money. After the game is published, they make y amount of money. the y amount has to be greater than the cost of x in order to cover the spent amount and also to gain profit. But within the PC gaming community, piracy is a very big problem. The pirated version of this particular game was released two days, not even one or on the day of, but two days before the official release. How many people do you think downloaded the pirated version? Even if the pirated version was released week or two after the official release, people now a days will wait those two weeks and play the pirated version and not purchase the official game. Due to such a bad market, UBISOFT will not invest the money that is needed in order to bring quality games to the PC platform.

Even with all these reasons, you might say, that still doesn't mean UBISOFT should treat us like this. Yes, I agree. As a paying customer, I wish to be served as efficient as possible. But keep in mind, UBISOFT is out there to make profit, not to make us happy. Then you might say, if we're happy, that will draw more customers, in turn, they will make more money. This theory could not be ****her from the truth due to reason three. To make quality game costs more money, but better the game, it draws more pirates.

Basically, financially, UBISOFT is at a losing game with the PC community. In this case it is even worst due to such a early release of the pirated version. So it is not their first priority to polish a game that has more pirated version out there than the official game.

I will probably not be returning to this thread all too much, so trolls may troll as they wish.

This is my two cents to all the complainers.

Beylous
06-27-2012, 09:51 PM
****her...lol....won't let you say f@rt.

Sorry, had to.....but seriously.....I agree with you. Caring doesn't put money in the bank.

ApexMandalorian
06-27-2012, 10:07 PM
What a stupid post. If this game actually worked, there WOULD be more people buying this game. That 2000 people playing is probably about half of those who keep getting disconnected every 5-10secs once ingame. There were console versions pirated as well. Stop buying into Ubisoft's crap that 95% of the PC community pirates. Shut up. Pirate pirate a game that appears to be POPULAR! It has NOTHING to do with the quality of the game. A better game would NOT mean MORE pirates!!! The ONLY reason there are more people in-game as opposed to on the forums is the SAME reason for EVERY SINGLE GAME. There are more people who AREN'T apart of the forum than there are FORUM MEMBERS. That is the ONLY reason that there aren't more people on here with LEGITIMATE complaints!!!!! Customers have a RIGHT to complain about a pitiful product that THEY PAID FOR!!! It's not about being served as efficiently as possible. It's about RECEIVING the product we PAID FOR! And what's with this stupid idea that Ubisoft doesn't have the money to make a polished PC version?

If Ubisoft would have SHOWN that they CARED about the PC community, by releasing information, footage, and generally just shown interest in the community, then there would be a whole lot more people playing this game, and YES, Ubisoft would have gained more profit.

TinyBabyOwl
06-27-2012, 10:08 PM
The complaints that are being made on this forum are legitimate. I personally realize the game is definitely unpolished, and maybe unfinished. The major complaint I, myself, have is why the resolution change bug is not being fixed ASAP. But as the title of this thread serves, UBISOFT will not care too much.

One, how many people are on here and steam forums complaining about the game rather than playing? 10? Perhaps 20 at most? Yes, there may be other places on the Web, but the number will still not go beyond 1000. But right now, the moment I'm typing this, there are nearly 2000 people playing the game just on PC, yes, it is not much for a game that was released yesterday, but it is 4:15pm on Wednesday where most of the people are at work. So the first reason is, there are still more people enjoying the game than complaining.

Two, there are over 15,000 people playing the game on Xbox. Yes, just because they have plenty of people enjoying the game on a different system does NOT give them the right or the privilege to ignore the other platform. But it is how it will be.

Three, in order to develop and publish a game, it costs x amount of money. After the game is published, they make y amount of money. the y amount has to be greater than the cost of x in order to cover the spent amount and also to gain profit. But within the PC gaming community, piracy is a very big problem. The pirated version of this particular game was released two days, not even one or on the day of, but two days before the official release. How many people do you think downloaded the pirated version? Even if the pirated version was released week or two after the official release, people now a days will wait those two weeks and play the pirated version and not purchase the official game. Due to such a bad market, UBISOFT will not invest the money that is needed in order to bring quality games to the PC platform.

Even with all these reasons, you might say, that still doesn't mean UBISOFT should treat us like this. Yes, I agree. As a paying customer, I wish to be served as efficient as possible. But keep in mind, UBISOFT is out there to make profit, not to make us happy. Then you might say, if we're happy, that will draw more customers, in turn, they will make more money. This theory could not be ****her from the truth due to reason three. To make quality game costs more money, but better the game, it draws more pirates.

Basically, financially, UBISOFT is at a losing game with the PC community. In this case it is even worst due to such a early release of the pirated version. So it is not their first priority to polish a game that has more pirated version out there than the official game.

I will probably not be returning to this thread all too much, so trolls may troll as they wish.

Skyrim has been pirated a ridiculous amount of times. All the Fallout games had been pirated a ridiculous amount of times. That didn't stop Bethesda from releasing great games on PC. They had problems on launch, and Bethesda games are usually buggy, but Bethesda obviously puts effort into pleasing the PC community. The sales for Skyrim on PC were pretty insane. It's been in the top seller list on Steam since it came out.

People PAY for good quality games. I am asking for a refund on GRFS and I'm sure some Ubisoft exec will say that the PC sales of this game suffered solely because of pirates.

Edit: Oh yeah, Borderlands is another good example. Gearbox didn't release the best version of Borderlands they could have for PC, and they acknowledged that it was a somewhat lacking port. The game was still very playable and LOTS of people bought it on Steam. There were a huge amount of pirated copies of Borderlands, especially since you didn't need a key to play online. So what does Gearbox do? They come out and tell us that Borderlands 2 is going to have a ton of attention put towards making it a fantastic PC release, and I believe them. http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter/?x

omnithrope
06-27-2012, 10:46 PM
"The reason UBISOFT will not care"

Simple: They already have your money.

MaceMagoo
06-27-2012, 11:06 PM
The reason UBI will not care is because we are not having the problems on small black boxes plugged into our TV's. If it was this bad on console they would be on the forums apologising and fixing it in no time...

We're second class citizens.

Nightstalker-27
06-28-2012, 12:19 AM
they already have our money and most of us are not in a position to get a refund, so yea they don't care just like the PC version of Saints Row 3 , thousands of players can't play that and Volition refuses to fix it.

llHolocausell
06-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh trust me, we at the console section of this game are getting just as much of the shaft as you PC people.

chldudghks
06-28-2012, 01:10 AM
What a stupid post. If this game actually worked, there WOULD be more people buying this game. That 2000 people playing is probably about half of those who keep getting disconnected every 5-10secs once ingame. There were console versions pirated as well. Stop buying into Ubisoft's crap that 95% of the PC community pirates. Shut up. Pirate pirate a game that appears to be POPULAR! It has NOTHING to do with the quality of the game. A better game would NOT mean MORE pirates!!! The ONLY reason there are more people in-game as opposed to on the forums is the SAME reason for EVERY SINGLE GAME. There are more people who AREN'T apart of the forum than there are FORUM MEMBERS. That is the ONLY reason that there aren't more people on here with LEGITIMATE complaints!!!!! Customers have a RIGHT to complain about a pitiful product that THEY PAID FOR!!! It's not about being served as efficiently as possible. It's about RECEIVING the product we PAID FOR! And what's with this stupid idea that Ubisoft doesn't have the money to make a polished PC version?

If Ubisoft would have SHOWN that they CARED about the PC community, by releasing information, footage, and generally just shown interest in the community, then there would be a whole lot more people playing this game, and YES, Ubisoft would have gained more profit.

You are absolutely right that pirates will go for more popular games, but what you have forgotten is that more polished and "good" games are whats popular. Meaning, harder the work, more pirates it will attract. Also, I never suggested that UBISOFT does not have enough funds to put into developing a better game, but that they simply will not choose to.

TurtleBAQ
06-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Oh trust me, we at the console section of this game are getting just as much of the shaft as you PC people.

Yep...

PublicVermin
06-28-2012, 02:23 AM
The reason UBI will not care is because we are not having the problems on small black boxes plugged into our TV's. If it was this bad on console they would be on the forums apologising and fixing it in no time...

We're second class citizens.

Hey bud, not for nothing, but i came over here from the Console to see if you guys got **** hurt like us..... surprise, we all got f@cked! But we haven't gotten ANY help from ANYONE over there, so don't feel left out. SUPPOSEDLY we are getting an update before Tuesday (they said before the DLC), but god only knows, if they push the DLC they can then say that the T.U. is pushed as well. Stay strong, bud. we are all in this together.

Blink_Nao
06-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Worst FPS game ever

Satonaka_CP4
06-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Worst FPS game ever

Glad it's a 3rd person then XD

If it was first person I wouldn't even waste my money on yet another Cawadooty clone :P

chldudghks
06-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Worst FPS game ever

This game is not FPS.

pershing92
06-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Consoles too? Ubisoft must have BOTH thumbs up its A$$....

Beylous
06-28-2012, 05:49 AM
****her.....f@rther.....lol.

connor_bg
07-25-2012, 01:37 PM
I tottaly agree with the topic's author. Never played ghost recon, but im AC player and only revelations itself has milions of tons bugs only for the combat, it feels like those guys needed at least 2 more weeks to finish the game, badder thing is that those bugs can be fixed in a matter of minutes each. And even badder thing is they dont release updates at all, which fix something (the only updates i saw so far about AC game was some protocol fix with the multiplayer connection and thats all). And the worst thing of all is that they release DLC's with for instance 4 multiplayer characters that they already been in the game, just to take more of your money, and guess what no fix came up with those DLC.
Please sign this petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-either-make-uplay-start-working-or-scrap-it-immediately

goblingee
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Worst FPS game ever

How did you get FPS? Mine is stuck in Sh1tty 3rd person. LOL

I feel like a deranged buddhist on LSD having a mad out of body experience when I play it.

WildfireOneOne
07-25-2012, 04:22 PM
How did you get FPS? Mine is stuck in Sh1tty 3rd person. LOL

I feel like a deranged buddhist on LSD having a mad out of body experience when I play it.

Awesome mental image.

d4c1981
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM

If they did not care they would not be releasing a patch, they now they have screwed up and the only way they can say sorry is to patch the life out of the game. An actual written or spoken apology will never appear... ever!