PDA

View Full Version : For those who are having framerate issue...

RickJames316
06-27-2012, 04:35 AM
after hours of frustration I finally found the answer...its the NVIDIA beta driver's fault...I switched back to the whql driver 301.42 and the game runs smooth like X...60 fps on the opening truck ambush and average of 45 fps on the gameplay itself,Im using i5-2400 and GTX 560...so higher rigs might locked this on 60

NFSFAN
06-27-2012, 06:02 AM
the graphics are still a mess regardless of driver...
i can see what ubi tried to do. they added more tesselation on the character models and some POM in the environment,
made some changes to the lightning system, but it looks worse post patch and the AA option doesn't work anymore regardless of it being enabled
there are jaggies everywhere and they are very prominent. with the shader lightning changes the game looks cartoonish where as 1.0 looked
sharp and more realistic. post patch everything looks muddy and washed out

Diablo Muerto
06-27-2012, 06:12 AM
At this point I'd be happy if they just patch so I can actually play the game. As it stands I can't manage more than a few minutes of play before the game crashes. So even if it looked amazing it wouldn't matter as I can't even enjoy it.

jasonelmore
06-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I have a GTX 680, tried to max out the settings and got 35 FPS. According to EVGA Precision, the game is using 99% of the GPU Core, so it's getting good gpu utilization, it's the optimization in this game that's crap.

i was on the 301.42's and swapped to the beta drivers thinkin it would help. Both sets of drivers get horrible framerates.

I tried lowering some settings, such as turning off DX11, and putting everything on medium, and i still couldnt achieve 60FPS. I have a i7 920 overclocked to 4.2 ghz with Asus GTX 680, 6GB Corsair RAM and OCZ Vertex 3 SSD. good hardware, just poor coding and optimization.

Maybe Nvidia can optimize the drivers a little bit to help things out, but i think it just comes down to bad coding on ubisofts part.

Spent $60 on the deluxe edition on steam, and i want every penny of my money back tbo.

RickJames316
06-27-2012, 08:59 AM
try turning off the motion blur but with that rig I bet it can run the game maxed out,Im playing the game now on 60fps average.btw I did not update the game,maybe you should try the 1.0 version.

TecISR
06-27-2012, 09:04 AM
I have a GTX 680, tried to max out the settings and got 35 FPS. According to EVGA Precision, the game is using 99% of the GPU Core, so it's getting good gpu utilization, it's the optimization in this game that's crap.

i was on the 301.42's and swapped to the beta drivers thinkin it would help. Both sets of drivers get horrible framerates.

I tried lowering some settings, such as turning off DX11, and putting everything on medium, and i still couldnt achieve 60FPS. I have a i7 920 overclocked to 4.2 ghz with Asus GTX 680, 6GB Corsair RAM and OCZ Vertex 3 SSD. good hardware, just poor coding and optimization.

Maybe Nvidia can optimize the drivers a little bit to help things out, but i think it just comes down to bad coding on ubisofts part.

Spent $60 on the deluxe edition on steam, and i want every penny of my money back tbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLk8voBRR-4&feature=youtu.be

680GTX - Looks very smooth on 60 stable.