PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Ubi..????

rakeshn80
06-26-2012, 11:49 PM
With such a big team, an extra month to sit on your lazy backsides and this is what you give me.

Performance is abysmal..can play Witcher 2 of all games and this is sluggish as hell and looks like ****. TO make matters worse illegal copies of the game allegedly seem to have better performance which makes me wonder the direction the world is heading. Is there no place for honesty.

Do you guys have a QA team .....????

Yefrign
06-27-2012, 12:18 AM
they do

their usual response is silence

and if this isnt true PLEASE prove me wrong because I have yet to be convinced otherwise....

rakeshn80
06-27-2012, 02:29 AM
Guys quick update..this is actually hilarious...if u do not let the game update itself and stay with the initial version (1.01 or something like that), you get better performance..go figure!!

So much for patches..do these clowns even test before they release patches..the last I heard patches were "supposed" to enhance the software not undermine it!

Nightstalker-27
06-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Guys quick update..this is actually hilarious...if u do not let the game update itself and stay with the initial version (1.01 or something like that), you get better performance..go figure!!

So much for patches..do these clowns even test before they release patches..the last I heard patches were "supposed" to enhance the software not undermine it!

to be fair Ubisoft is not the only ones to make bad patches, MMO's do it all the time.

rakeshn80
06-27-2012, 02:46 AM
to be fair Ubisoft is not the only ones to make bad patches, MMO's do it all the time.
Yes I agree, a lot of devs do that, but still two wrongs do not make a right. Someone's got to be more responsible and break this trend.

EvilPixieGrrr
06-27-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm currently gathering the reported issues for the game and will be forwarding them on to the team. I've already passed some along. I just wanted to let you know that someone is here you're concerns are being acknowledged.

Khyber_GT
06-27-2012, 03:00 AM
acknowledgement is one thing, but ubi and everyone there but community forum mods saying "we hear you and we'll ask the team" has been totall silent about the pc version since the announcement and cancellation to it's back to we delayed it. to we delayed it again

nothing about the pc version itself and not even one forum post or twitter post or facebook post by any dev. I'm sorry but why be so hush hush when your fans want their $50 fixed.

EvilPixieGrrr
06-27-2012, 03:06 AM
I understand your frustration completely. I can't answer your question because I don't know, nor am I at a level on the corporate ladder that I would be told. I wish I could answer your question, but I can't.

What I can do is let the team know your concerns, feedback, and report the game bugs. I'm currently working very hard doing so, I promise you.

Touchyournose
06-27-2012, 03:07 AM
i dunno, i was disappointed at first, i talked to ubisoft support and they were very friendly and they moved up my request (getting a razer hydra to work with the game, i fixed it by unplugging it, starting the game and then plugging back in), i know the game isnt perfect, but its a lot of fun so far that i got it to work and i like the graphics a lot too. also u cant always compare games like this to other games with different engines (like witcher 2), games that have to calculate ballistics are different than stats and hack and slash rpgs. anyways i am confident once this game is optimized and the kinks worked out we'll have a real gem on our hands. just my two cents.

grendelizer
06-27-2012, 03:10 AM
I get this after an hour install

This application has failed to start because dxgi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

$50 and a year waiting, wow.

I played both betas of GRFS online and had less problems.

That's after patches installed to 1.2

rakeshn80
06-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Thanks EvilPixieGrrr. You see we want to love the game and we realize that it has potential. We're frustrated that not only are we ignored, at this point we feel cheated too. A month late and then this disaster and then with the patches the game goes downhill.
We've nothing against poor devs at Ubi, we know that they're mere puppets in the hands of greedy higher-up "experts" who know nothing about gaming and yet in their pomp feel that they can call the shots.
I hope the devs eventually fix this mess and get credit for the great game that lies hidden beneath the mess.

Yefrign
06-27-2012, 03:18 AM
i dunno, i was disappointed at first, i talked to ubisoft support and they were very friendly and they moved up my request (getting a razer hydra to work with the game, i fixed it by unplugging it, starting the game and then plugging back in), i know the game isnt perfect, but its a lot of fun so far that i got it to work and i like the graphics a lot too. also u cant always compare games like this to other games with different engines (like witcher 2), games that have to calculate ballistics are different than stats and hack and slash rpgs. anyways i am confident once this game is optimized and the kinks worked out we'll have a real gem on our hands. just my two cents.

while I dont doubt that. there IS a gem here... Ubisoft arent known to fix issues that well... (at least with everything I have seen) R6V 1 + 2 had issues and they patched a few minor things. but the glaring issues still exist. Conviction, they never looked into making the matchmaking any better and if they did I have not seen any 'improvements' along with lost saved data (that still happens. happend to me recently again for the 3rd time) the list can go on...

dont get me wrong. I love the games Ubisoft put out; R6, GR, Driver, Assassins Creed Series, to name some of the well known ones. and I loved all those games.but what has put each one of them down was somekind of stupid bug that never seems to get fixed...

systemlorddoug
06-27-2012, 03:47 AM
I'll tell you what Ubisoft, I'll buy your GRFS when the game plays like a finished product and not with 50 easily fixable bugs! Dev's need to stop this "Release Now and Patch Later" BS because I'm getting tired of being abused and con out of my hard earned money all for a half finished game! This isn't the first game to be released in this manner, Silent Hunter series and Assassin's creed's series just to name a few.

Nightstalker-27
06-27-2012, 04:13 AM
im only on the second campain mission and I feel like a frikkin Spec-ops ninja, when GRFS works it works really well... trouble is it's a technical mess.

TinyBabyOwl
06-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Well Ubisoft already has my money, so would that make it alright for me to pirate the game for a playable version?

reaperslayer24
06-27-2012, 04:45 AM
I understand your frustration completely. I can't answer your question because I don't know, nor am I at a level on the corporate ladder that I would be told. I wish I could answer your question, but I can't.

What I can do is let the team know your concerns, feedback, and report the game bugs. I'm currently working very hard doing so, I promise you.

can't tell if legit or just a bomb defuser till the next meeting where the uppers talk to the team bout getting their crap together..

Blastmaster2k2
06-27-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm getting horrible performance out of the game. :(

scott_carey
06-27-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm having fun on this game, it's just the MP getting booted while i'm in a good game.

RickJames316
06-27-2012, 04:57 AM
for those who are having framerate issue.try using the 301.42 whql driver of nvidia,my game runs smooth...60fps

PlayerThree
06-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Well Ubisoft already has my money, so would that make it alright for me to pirate the game for a playable version?

Indeed, it is perfectly legal to pirate digital good that you have already bought.

Exemple;

You have bought a music album, lost the CD but you still have the case.

You are in your right to pirate the album in question.

Same with making CD copy, as long as you don't distribue.

This can varie depending the country you live in, but I would say **** this **** and go for it, because you paid for it.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Piracy is illegal and against copyright laws, discussion of pirating Ubisoft's games or asking for help with those pirated games is NOT allowed on the Ubisoft forums.

TIH2WA
06-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Piracy is illegal and against copyright laws, discussion of pirating Ubisoft's games or asking for help with those pirated games is NOT allowed on the Ubisoft forums.

Any word on the fixes than? At least some one say they are working on it. Stop leaving your paying customers in the dark and feed us some Info please!

Khyber_GT
06-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Any word on the fixes than? At least some one say they are working on it. Stop leaving your paying customers in the dark and feed us some Info please!

devs have NEVER communicated to us on the pc version, don't expect them too now

tawil23
06-27-2012, 03:32 PM

is selling a faulty product legal?

rakeshn80
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Ubi Foum managers - Please stop bullying us.Instead give us, your legitimate customers, some info on what is being done to mitigate the havoc you're patches are wreaking on this game.