PDA

View Full Version : Crash on press any key to contiune

sasrawr
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Title ._.

Richard.Terry
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I've experienced this problem a few times and it took me several different attempts to figure out a solution that works for me.

The problem would occur when playing the game and out of nowhere the game crashes the PC and you're left with no other option than to hold down the power button until the system shuts off. Eagerly you boot up your system again, ready to resume your gameplay and when you reach the "Press Any Key" screen you think it's gonna load then it crashes to the desktop and you're like ":eek: what just happened?" and you try starting up the game again and you get the same problem and you're like "why is this happening :nonchalance:?????" ...You may even get an error that says "Yeti: Fatal error. Generate minidumb?" and you have no idea what that is or why you're having a "fatal error".

// MY SOLUTION

1> Open task manager & end "Future Soldier.exe & Ubisoft Game Launcher.exe".

2> Go to "My Documents\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier\profiles". (Open the "profiles" folder.)

3> Open the folder which has the "Username" that you used to login to the Uplay Launcher. (Inside there's a folder "named with numbers" + other files.)

4> Open the folder named with numbers & you'll see a file named "profile". Open it. (Everytime the game crashes for me, the "profile.dat" file becomes blank.)

5> Open the "profile.dat" file; if it's blank simply type in "the name that you have been using in the game" & then save the file. (The same name you entered when you first began playing the game.)

6> Start the game and it should work normally. The game will ask you to enter a name; you must type in the same name that you have been using in the game. (Example: If you started the game using the name "WingZero" when you experienced the crash, then you must enter "WingZero" when you are required to re-enter your name.)

**If you did everything correctly then you should be able to start the game from your last auto-save.
**I hope this helps and solves the problem that you're experiencing.

// END

dnottis
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Are you sure you are pressing the "any" key? Maybe you hit the "wrong" key?

:p

Morph2o
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM
thanks this helped me out :D

karlhungus08
07-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Seriously dude, you're awesome. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted trying to fix this problem. It's mind boggling that all I had to do was open a file in notepad and type in my user name. If I was gay, and you were gay, I'd totally bang you.

rubbadee
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM
After reinstalling the game through steam and updating to the latest 1.4 patch and updating all of my motherboard, windows, flash and java files, I still get the crashing of the game when I start it? What is happening to ubisoft? All my other games work including Battlefield 3, Modern Warefare 3, Black ops all work fine on my machine. 7+ weeks and I still can not get the game to show 1 Pixel. All I get is a blank screen and the program crashes.

mayur66
05-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Title ._.

i went to my profile folder deleted default.cfg. file and opened my profile fiolder it contained my username file i opened it it was empty i didnt even get to start the game i bought the original cd downloaded all the patches but it crashed i didnt even reached the main menu of the game

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi mayur66, if the above solutions do not work for you please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.