PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Marketplace demo

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 08:45 PM
If you saw the Marketplace Demo for AC3, near the end it looks like Connor calls in his apprentices and it makes that weird screech sound, but redcoats come and surround him... did anyone else notice that? Are the apprentices dressed as redcoats?

Azula2005
06-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm more concern as to what that sound is every time our assassins our called.

To answer your question. Yes Those are assassins in disguise as redcoats.

Azula2005
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
And welcome to the forums man.

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks, dude.

Lass4r
06-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Actually, they're not assassins. It's been confirmed that the Assassin mechanic has been replaced by citizens who will aid you if you gained their respect. I guess recruiting assassins didn't fit as well in the context of this story as it did in Brotherhood.

Azula2005
06-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Actually, they're not assassins. It's been confirmed that the Assassin mechanic has been replaced by citizens who will aid you if you gained their respect. I guess recruiting assassins didn't fit as well in the context of this story as it did in Brotherhood.

Wait, can you send a link to where they said that?

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM

You've got to be freaking kidding me! Recruiting assassins was my favorite part of ACB and ACR! Where did they say that? Is there a link?

Lass4r
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I'll try, can't remember where I saw it tbh. Gimme some time =) I loved recruiting assassins aswell, but isn't this basically the same, just that they're not assassins and do other things than kill people? :p

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Please find the link, I'm worrying now...

Lass4r
06-26-2012, 09:37 PM
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-ubisoft-spills-more-details-on-assassins-creed-iii-including-battles-on-the-high-seas-new-cover-mechanics-and-the-brotherhoods-replacement/

But along with the occasional assist while dealing with guards, there is a more practical reason to help the citizens in need. The Brotherhood of previous games has evolved, and now will be known as the “Band.” The Band will be made up of citizens that decide to follow the assassins’ path and help you after you save them. In theory it is almost identical to the Brotherhood, but in practice, the mechanic has changed. Rather than just a special attack you can call on, you can now use the Band to help you escape pursuit, sneak into places, and several other things that we will have to wait and see.

So they're still assassins in a way, but there doesn't seem to be an assassins guild so to speak.

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
As long as I have backup when I do a raid on a camp, I'll be fine.

ignition11
06-26-2012, 10:05 PM
wait... now im confused... theres a demo out?... i mean, is there a demo that WE can play?

notafanboy
06-26-2012, 10:08 PM
wait... now im confused... theres a demo out?... i mean, is there a demo that WE can play?

yea its out now, you have to send a picture of you in a tiny dress and party hat to one of the moderators though, and they´ll give you a code. Nasty business.

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 10:33 PM

No, The demo is called the Marketplace demo, it takes place in a Boston Marketplace... haha

monoman32
06-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Pretty sure Hutchinson said that you still have the recruits, but they cant aid you in battle. You can still send them on missions like in the past. They can dress up as redcoats and stuff, like in the demo, but they cant rush into battle with you, or take out targets.

thecodeman715
06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Pretty sure Hutchinson said that you still have the recruits, but they cant aid you in battle. You can still send them on missions like in the past. They can dress up as redcoats and stuff, like in the demo, but they cant rush into battle with you, or take out targets.

That doesn't seem right, the whole point of Assassin's in previous games was to help you kill guards.

monoman32
06-26-2012, 10:47 PM
That doesn't seem right, the whole point of Assassin's in previous games was to help you kill guards.

Pretty sure he said it in an interview with loomer.

ignition11
06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
haha... very funny... ok, i get it, it was a stupid question... but i didnt need ur guys trash...

De Filosoof
06-27-2012, 01:40 AM
haha... very funny... ok, i get it, it was a stupid question... but i didnt need ur guys trash...

It's not a stupid question, the title is misleading.

Calvarok
06-27-2012, 05:10 AM
I like this idea. They're there to help you with stealth and other things, but they don't fight your battles for you. If the story calls for them to help you, they'll show up in a scripted way. I like that a lot more.

misterB2001
06-27-2012, 06:47 AM
I could have swore that I heard/read that if you called them mid battle they would fight with you, but outside of battle they aid you tactically.

deskpe
06-27-2012, 03:56 PM
They can help you in battle, if you hit the button to call them when in battle they will help you, they are context sensivtive. watch the button descritions on screen during the fight in the demo.

deskp
06-28-2012, 04:05 PM
sadsa

RatonhnhakeFan
06-28-2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/e3-2012-ubisoft-spills-more-details-on-assassins-creed-iii-including-battles-on-the-high-seas-new-cover-mechanics-and-the-brotherhoods-replacement/

But along with the occasional assist while dealing with guards, there is a more practical reason to help the citizens in need. The Brotherhood of previous games has evolved, and now will be known as the “Band.” The Band will be made up of citizens that decide to follow the assassins’ path and help you after you save them. In theory it is almost identical to the Brotherhood, but in practice, the mechanic has changed. Rather than just a special attack you can call on, you can now use the Band to help you escape pursuit, sneak into places, and several other things that we will have to wait and see.

So they're still assassins in a way, but there doesn't seem to be an assassins guild so to speak.
So more like AC1