PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Caves/Mines?

mockers00
06-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Do you think caves will be in the game? as maybe replacing the underground games, Maybe in caves you go and try to find gold or even mine it for people. Mines are kind of like caves but already built and maybe their would be side quest where you have to find a miner who got trapped down their. Regardless Caves and Mines were big in that time ERA. I mean Caves in general in the United States are wide, and mines back then were big with the gold rush and what not.

These would serve as freerunning/puzzles kind of like the old AC but way more in depth and less stupid and obviously visually way more satisfying,

kriegerdesgottes
06-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Probably

mockers00
06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Probably

It would be nice, I saw the rock's and cliffs in AC3 Demo and they looked really well polished, I could not imagine how caves looked.

roostersrule2
06-25-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that the new tombs/lairs will be for Desmond and that's what he has to do in AC3 to get into the grand temple. So if that's true caves would probably not be the answer.

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 07:49 AM
I hope so. It would be cool to have an underground place to explore that isn't just inside a mission. The mining sounds like it's going a bit overboard, though I wouldn't be against it.

Aphex_Tim
06-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Probably. The Freedom Edition comes with a "Lost Mayan Ruins" level which pretty much sounds like a sort of catacomb.

BATISTABUS
06-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Caves might be cool to randomly run into. There's a lot of things you could potentially find that could range form Easter eggs, to side-quests, to history pieces, to rare items. I'm not sure how common mines are on the east coast, though.

De Filosoof
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PP32Oxq7QI

Skip to 14:50.

Loomer asked my question about the tombs/lairs and Alex confirmed it although it will be in some kind of different form.

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 02:04 PM

Skip to 14:50.

Loomer asked my question about the tombs/lairs and Alex confirmed it although it will be in some kind of different form.

That was a really interesting interview. Thanks :)

oliacr
06-25-2012, 03:54 PM
probably ...

rileypoole1234
06-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I think definitely caves, but I didn't think there were any mines in America back then... I thought they were in like California a little later...

EDIT: Yeah the Gold Rush happened in 1848-1855 so I doubt mines. But probably some sort of caves.

Moultonborough
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Caves might be cool to randomly run into. There's a lot of things you could potentially find that could range form Easter eggs, to side-quests, to history pieces, to rare items. I'm not sure how common mines are on the east coast, though.

There are a good amount of cave systems but as for mines...mostly they are within West Virginia. Which I doubt we will see in the game.

Sushiglutton
06-25-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't know if mining would be a fun mini-game. It seems a bit out of character for Connor to start working in a mine all of a sudden. But yeah there should def be some kinds of tombs/lairs/temples.

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
In AC2 we could unlock Altair's armour by exploring Assassin Tombs. Well maybe in AC3, Ezio will leave something behind that we can unlock by exploring caves.

Moultonborough
06-25-2012, 09:26 PM
In AC2 we could unlock Altair's armour by exploring Assassin Tombs. Well maybe in AC3, Ezio will leave something behind that we can unlock by exploring caves.

How? Ezio never traveled to North America. How could he leave something behind?

Ellems
06-25-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that the new tombs/lairs will be for Desmond and that's what he has to do in AC3 to get into the grand temple. So if that's true caves would probably not be the answer.

Hmm, perhaps. They always say Desmond's ventures will get more exciting but they really haven't yet, maybe this time.

Ellems
06-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Desmond isn't in North America though. He was in Rome right?

rileypoole1234
06-25-2012, 09:33 PM

No, at the end of ACR and presumably the beginning of AC3 Desmond and the crew is in upstate New York.

Jexx21
06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Let's make AC3 more like Skyrim! Woooooooooo

Moultonborough
06-26-2012, 12:43 AM

In AC Desmond was in Rome in the Abstergo lab. In AC II he escapes to somewhere though I still think they were in Rome. In AC:B they went to Monteriggioni and at the end went back to Rome.

No, at the end of ACR and presumably the beginning of AC3 Desmond and the crew is in upstate New York.

Riley is right. At the start of the game you can hear Shaun, 'Becca and Bill charting a plane. At the end you can hear someone else talk about SUNY which (probably) puts them in Upstate New York. Plus the coordnates from the Brotherhood DLC pretty much confirms it as well.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Do you think caves will be in the game? as maybe replacing the underground games, Maybe in caves you go and try to find gold or even mine it for people. Mines are kind of like caves but already built and maybe their would be side quest where you have to find a miner who got trapped down their. Regardless Caves and Mines were big in that time ERA. I mean Caves in general in the United States are wide, and mines back then were big with the gold rush and what not.

These would serve as freerunning/puzzles kind of like the old AC but way more in depth and less stupid and obviously visually way more satisfying,

Yes, the devs have already confirmed that they the hidden tombs or caves or crevices, will be making a return in the upcoming AC. most likely this time around we may be getting more of a "Temple'' theme over a cave theme due to the current story line placement...thingy..>_>

mockers00
06-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Yes, the devs have already confirmed that they the hidden tombs or caves or crevices, will be making a return in the upcoming AC. most likely this time around we may be getting more of a "Temple'' theme over a cave theme due to the current story line placement...thingy..>_>

Well there are no temples in AC3 ERA besides this supposed mayian temple DLC thing. Or desmond goes into a temple. I would rather have a cave/tomb. It would fit more with the game and I just like the visual of caves and kind of want to get out of the whole temple thing.

and do you remember the source of them saying that?

Fury074ubi
06-27-2012, 05:24 AM

No, he didn't, but Christopher Columbus did. And Ezio interacted with him in one of the games. It was either a PSP game or the phone game. Also, he could have given it to an apprentice during those missions he could send them on in the mini game feature in AC:B and AC:R.

medcsu
06-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Knowing the area well as I do, I can say with 100 percent accuracy that area is loaded with caves so if they follow the world as it is (as they always have) there should be numerous caves. Also, if they get into the Free Mason line (which is a possibility considering the era/locations) there should be a good chance of elaborate systems underground which may be AC3s version of a crypt.

That video is great. I was really surprised that "most" players do not favor the stealth route. Carebears......

eagleforlife1
06-27-2012, 09:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Putnam_Wolf_Den

medcsu
06-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I think there is something like 102 cave systems in the entire eastern seaboard of America. Of those 102, more than half are up near where the "frontier" is going to be centered. So again, I'd say we see a lot of cave systems.

De Filosoof
06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Well there are no temples in AC3 ERA besides this supposed mayian temple DLC thing. Or desmond goes into a temple. I would rather have a cave/tomb. It would fit more with the game and I just like the visual of caves and kind of want to get out of the whole temple thing.

and do you remember the source of them saying that?

At 14:50.

I also think it will be temples this time.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
^ This :D

mockers00
06-27-2012, 09:25 PM

At 14:50.

I also think it will be temples this time.

He just said there won;t be tombs, which caves are not tomb's. He said nothing about temples either besides the mayian one coming in the DLC.

GeneralTrumbo
06-27-2012, 11:51 PM
He just said there won;t be tombs, which caves are not tomb's. He said nothing about temples either besides the mayian one coming in the DLC.

I am sure we will be visiting temples as Desmond. That is almost a guarantee. I think we will see caves as well, at least I hope.

TRUEAssassin195
06-27-2012, 11:53 PM
i am sure that we will visit them on the consoles but not sure about the pc because they can not handle such high processing power like my beautiful xbox can

De Filosoof
06-28-2012, 02:44 AM
i am sure that we will visit them on the consoles but not sure about the pc because they can not handle such high processing power like my beautiful xbox can

Dude...I know that pc gaming is overrated but, just no...

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:04 AM

Errr... I actually think that PC gaming is underrated, but whatever...

AssassinGame1
06-28-2012, 05:07 AM

Dont try to compare this game with Minecraft

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:08 AM
He should compare it more to Skyrim because of the mining and hunting stuff and yea and stuff.

yea.

mockers00
06-28-2012, 05:15 AM

PC's can and are more powerful then consoles... wow graphivs on PC are usally better if you have the top notched newst PC

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:16 AM
mockers, he's trolling.

mockers00
06-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Dont try to compare this game with Minecraft

First off I am not comparing the game to minecraft just because I mentioned mines and gold?

I do not know about the specific time period but during that time or after there was a big gold rush. Mines and Gold fit this ERA actually pretty good, I don't care about mining gold but maybe quest that include finding gold or saving miners in mines. I have no idea if there are actually mines in this specific time period but I know it was in the ERA. I am not trying to say let's make Conner mine gold now and crap because it's such an overused gameplay mechanic and Conner is not a miner he is an Assassin but finding Gold for people or saving miners is something Conner would prolly do.

Caves would just replace the freerunning underground games and stuff.

Serrachio
06-29-2012, 11:38 PM
First off I am not comparing the game to minecraft just because I mentioned mines and gold?

I do not know about the specific time period but during that time or after there was a big gold rush. Mines and Gold fit this ERA actually pretty good, I don't care about mining gold but maybe quest that include finding gold or saving miners in mines. I have no idea if there are actually mines in this specific time period but I know it was in the ERA. I am not trying to say let's make Conner mine gold now and crap because it's such an overused gameplay mechanic and Conner is not a miner he is an Assassin but finding Gold for people or saving miners is something Conner would prolly do.

mockers, he's trolling.

He's trolling Mockers.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-30-2012, 01:21 AM

mockers, he's trolling.

He's trolling Mockers.

Trolling alert Mockers.

BBALive
06-30-2012, 04:08 PM

0/10 see me after class.

It's underrated by console gamers. A lot of console gamers are also ignorant about the subject, thinking that gaming PCs cost thousands of pound/dollars to build and must be upgraded every year. But this isn't the thread to discuss that.