PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Outfit and Armour discussion

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Hey lads,

Ok, so I want to discuss Outfit customization in AC3. I really liked the customization in ACB and ACR. Will we see this return in AC3?
In the media of AC3, we've seen Connor in white and blue robes.
However, I was browsing through images of Connor on Google Images when I noticed some pictures of Connor wearing brown and red robes.
Maybe Connor will be able to wear different outfits or we will be able to dye his robes different colours.
I am pretty sure that some special editions of AC3 contain special outfits.

I was also wondering if armour will make a return in AC3. Armour was not common in the American Revolution as far as I know, but maybe we will see some leather Native American armour or something of that type.

Let me know your thoughts on that guys. I appreciate all replies and posts. :D

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 08:53 AM
I want it to be aesthetic changes only. Armour does make the game easier, and it's unsuited to the time period. Yet, I love customizing the clothing of video game characters. It's fun. So yeah, hopefully there's different outfits and the ability to dye our clothes.

BATISTABUS
06-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Mr. Hutchinson has stated that costume changes will be purely cosmetic, and comparable to that of previous AC games. Armor is a different story, and I'm not quite sure if he has said anything about it. I'm sure there will be a suitable replacement, but it won't be the traditional armor we've seen in previous installments.

obliviondoll
06-25-2012, 11:31 AM
They've also shown him in a different outfit when he's captaining his ship.

And I hope there's a special secret unlockable outfit based on the famous pirate Captain Jacques Moineau.

No, that last part wasn't serious, but a cookie for anyone who gets the reference.

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Explain for the mentally handicapped? :P

BBALive
06-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Explain for the mentally handicapped? :P

A Jack Sparrow costume.

Moineau = Sparrow

SixKeys
06-25-2012, 05:31 PM
One thing that confuses me a bit is that they showed Connor wearing the captain outfit in the E3 demo, but as far as we know, it's a pre-order exclusive only available in certain editions. Why would Ubisoft show a public demo making everyone think they'll be able to unlock the outfit in the game if it's actually not going to be available to everyone? (Not for a few months, anyway.)

MT4K
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
One thing that confuses me a bit is that they showed Connor wearing the captain outfit in the E3 demo, but as far as we know, it's a pre-order exclusive only available in certain editions. Why would Ubisoft show a public demo making everyone think they'll be able to unlock the outfit in the game if it's actually not going to be available to everyone? (Not for a few months, anyway.)

He will likely be wearing it when captain of the ship. The pre-order bonus is likely just to unlock the ability to wear it everywhere else.

SixKeys
06-25-2012, 05:35 PM
That makes sense. I assumed that wearing it on the ship for the first time would unlock the ability to wear it everywhere else, but I guess it's more like the Florence Noble skin for Ezio.

Kaiskune
06-25-2012, 05:40 PM
hopefully they'll keep the robe dye system in... that will be enough for me. but sooner or later they will have to get rid of the assassins robes...

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
hopefully they'll keep the robe dye system in... that will be enough for me. but sooner or later they will have to get rid of the assassins robes...

It's already weird that no one is suspicious of Ezio and Connor when they look totally different from everyone else around them. I don't think they'll take out the robes unless it's a modern-day AC.

Maybe after the series with Connor, instead of going to an later time period they will go back to an earlier time period unlike previous AC games.

MetalCreed
06-26-2012, 01:27 AM
In Loomer's video it reveals that Hutchinson is excited to reveal the new reward/ customization and economy system (if I remember right) which they've yet to reveal.

I think we'll hear about the new armor replacements in the next conference/event or whenever Ubisoft feels like it.

They won't exactly be old-age armors but something more clothe-like which I'm hoping.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-26-2012, 01:51 AM
I really hope Ratonhnhaké:ton does not use armor. I want an assassin that finally blends in with the crowds and doesn't stick out like some creep. Altair was the only assassin to truly blend in. Desmond may be the second, but how the story line has gotten, he is the only person wearing a hoody in the fall/winter months. Every protagonist ends up being the shady freak with the only hooded attire in the game. I mean look at the AC3 boston gameplay demo. Like really ? you can't find Ratonhnhaké:ton, the only indian looking guy in the area filled with british people and colonials ? let alone his armed to the teeth assassin look ?Big bow and arrow sticking out his back? Ratonhnhaké:ton already sticks out in more ways that Ezio did in AC:B. I want disclosure on this !!!

Marky2388
06-26-2012, 03:17 AM
maybe his current white robs...but with red instead of blue on it.

ignition11
06-26-2012, 03:55 AM
Maybe the armor will be like totems and charms, i mean natives did believe in that stuff... maybe like health elixers

FL4PPYflap
06-26-2012, 03:51 PM
I really hope Ratonhnhaké:ton does not use armor. I want an assassin that finally blends in with the crowds and doesn't stick out like some creep. Altair was the only assassin to truly blend in. Desmond may be the second, but how the story line has gotten, he is the only person wearing a hoody in the fall/winter months. Every protagonist ends up being the shady freak with the only hooded attire in the game. I mean look at the AC3 boston gameplay demo. Like really ? you can't find Ratonhnhaké:ton, the only indian looking guy in the area filled with british people and colonials ? let alone his armed to the teeth assassin look ?Big bow and arrow sticking out his back? Ratonhnhaké:ton already sticks out in more ways that Ezio did in AC:B. I want disclosure on this !!!

I know right? I mean let's say your just a British citizen living in Revolutionary America. You're walking down the street and Connor walks past you. HOW CAN YOU NOT BE SUSPICIOUS OF A GUY LOADED WITH ASSASSIN-TYPE WEAPONS AND WEARING WEIRD ROBES?! :mad:

Fury074ubi
06-27-2012, 05:13 AM
They've also shown him in a different outfit when he's captaining his ship.

And I hope there's a special secret unlockable outfit based on the famous pirate Captain Jacques Moineau.

No, that last part wasn't serious, but a cookie for anyone who gets the reference.

He goes to Jamaica and dungeon crawls his way to the location of Henry Morgan's sword. Kinda like in ACR where Ezio finds Dracula's sword. Conner needs a little Captain in him.

GunnarGunderson
06-29-2012, 10:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/d4h29.jpg

Didn't know where else to post this

BATISTABUS
06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
He goes to Jamaica and dungeon crawls his way to the location of Henry Morgan's sword. Kinda like in ACR where Ezio finds Dracula's sword. Conner needs a little Captain in him.
In AC1, Altair's robes were intentionally designed to look similar to those of a monk.

In AC2 and onward, Ezio wasn't disguised as anyone. He was clearly a noble, notoriously known as an Assassin, and often wore a large crest on his cape. He was able to get by unseen through distractions such as the Courtesans/Romani, Mercenaries, and Thieves. When seen, he is almost always immediately identified. There have been a number of NPCs that comment on how strange Ezio's costume is, and minstrels will run up to you and sing about you as soon as you're within sight.

Connor's methods will likely be similar to Ezio's.

BRANDONxPRODIGY
06-29-2012, 10:54 PM
corey may said armor isnt returning, and ive seen a screenshot of connor dressed as we have normally seen him but with leather boots with white fur/feathers (contrary to his long leather boot leggings)

Josegtx13
06-29-2012, 11:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/d4h29.jpg

Didn't know where else to post this

Is that Connor?

KratosKicksButt
06-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Well armor has always been in Assassin's Creed but Since Connor is British and Native perhaps you could choose? Will you follow your British Ancestor and wear various types of Plate and such or Follow your Native Ancestry and wear hides and leather. Atleast have some sort of Customization maybe dye like in Revelations?

BBALive
06-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Well armor has always been in Assassin's Creed but Since Connor is British and Native perhaps you could choose? Will you follow your British Ancestor and wear various types of Plate and such or Follow your Native Ancestry and wear hides and leather. Atleast have some sort of Customization maybe dye like in Revelations?

Plate was seldom used in that time period. The development of powerful firearms rendered it obsolete, so trading the armour for increased mobility without losing any real protection was the logical choice.

Not that armour was that heavy to begin with, but still.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Is that Connor?

No that's Ratonhnhaké:ton

GunnarGunderson
06-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Is that Connor?

No idiota, he only happens to look exactly like the man

FL4PPYflap
06-30-2012, 02:15 AM

I see what you did there :D. I still don't see how those two character's were even linked with the story in AC2.

Kables
06-30-2012, 05:10 AM
i googled assassins creed chile.. and found this gem. pleeeeeeease be in AC3. best outfit i've ever seen
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m67t2qpRap1ry1t1jo1_1280.jpg
EDIT: does this deserve it's own thread?? have people seen this? i never have and i think people would love to see it

Josegtx13
06-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Oh I'm sorry, it's just that I have seen Connor with 3-4 different faces.

And I see what you did there.

@Kables

It will be cool if that was the ultimate armor for Connor, or just a cosmetic outfit that you can put on in my opinion.

BATISTABUS
06-30-2012, 07:27 AM
That's about as bad-*** as it gets. Hopefully that's real.

Edit: I read the article about it on AC Chile's website, and while my Spanish isn't perfect, this seems to be the original concept art for Connor's outfit. I remember hearing an interview where this type of outfit was discarded for standing out too much in crowds, and the team deciding to change it to reflect his mixed heritage. Even if this is the discarded outfit, I really want it to be included in some form.

Kables
06-30-2012, 07:42 AM
That's about as bad-*** as it gets. Hopefully that's real.

Edit: I read the article about it on AC Chile's website, and while my Spanish isn't perfect, this seems to be the original concept art for Connor's outfit. I remember hearing an interview where this type of outfit was discarded for standing out too much in crowds, and the team deciding to change it to reflect his mixed heritage. Even if this is the discarded outfit, I really want it to be included in some form.

you can tell it has some very different features from the fleshed out conner we know, so i suspected it was early concept art.
i think something resembling this will be in the game because of the turkish assassin outfit and armor of brutus. they like to be specific to the area, you know?

dxsxhxcx
06-30-2012, 02:26 PM

AC1 didn't have armor...

reddragonhrcro
06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
i googled assassins creed chile.. and found this gem. pleeeeeeease be in AC3. best outfit i've ever seen
EDIT: does this deserve it's own thread?? have people seen this? i never have and i think people would love to see it

This looks awesome!

Saar Ben Kiki
06-30-2012, 03:17 PM
from a certain picture and some interviews i know there will be shops in boston and new york, like bakery, and newsstand/news sellers... it made me think that connor might actually use these shops (actually enter them like gta stores) and perhaps buy shoes.. or gloves... and the dying system/ other clothes totally..
makes sense to finally add stores to the game (stores for real hehe)

Requiscent
06-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Hate to disappoint, but that outfit is simply early concept art for Connor, so its very likely it will not be in ACIII.

Source - The Assassin's Creed reddit. It was recieved by someone for ordering the hoodie, this picture along with a message from the team came with it. Quite frankly it was good thing, it seemed too excessive for me and it appears to be bulky as well. I despised the armor of Brutus for those reasons.

DTfunjumper
06-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Hate me for saying, but i hope we can have an altair skin again, just as a funny running gag!

notafanboy
06-30-2012, 09:07 PM
-snip-

looks like he fell through a sewer

FL4PPYflap
07-01-2012, 04:53 AM
Hate to disappoint, but that outfit is simply early concept art for Connor, so its very likely it will not be in ACIII.

Source - The Assassin's Creed reddit. It was recieved by someone for ordering the hoodie, this picture along with a message from the team came with it. Quite frankly it was good thing, it seemed too excessive for me and it appears to be bulky as well. I despised the armor of Brutus for those reasons.

Yeah I agree. I really didn't like the Armour of Brutus and this outfit just seems like it covers Connor's back and arms to much. It's like a giant, bulky feather blanket on his back. I also didn't like the better quality armour in ACR. The shoulder armour was just so big and bulky. I want something lightweight and more assassin-like.

FL4PPYflap
07-02-2012, 04:30 AM
looks like he fell through a sewer

Haha, yeah sorta.

FL4PPYflap
07-03-2012, 04:33 AM
So we know a new trailer is coming out on the 4th of July. Does anyone know what is going to be shown, and also, will it be a walkthrough-type trailer like the Frontier Walkthrough or will it be like an official trailer?

SevketErhat
07-03-2012, 10:17 AM

This one is amazing

Layytez
07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Instead of armour I'm guessing the material is upgraded for his clothes ?

BBALive
07-03-2012, 03:36 PM
So we know a new trailer is coming out on the 4th of July. Does anyone know what is going to be shown, and also, will it be a walkthrough-type trailer like the Frontier Walkthrough or will it be like an official trailer?

We don't know. There's a lot of events at various video game stores in England and America. I heard somewhere that the game would be playable, but I don't know anything concrete.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 04:34 PM
The last 2 ''hidden armors'' have been terrible. Like seriously, how does the Master Assassin armor make you ''silent''.
I want something like Altair's armor, infact, I want that for Uplay (Testing those combat animations with it, with all new visuals...yes, please?)

I hope we get something more Assassin-ish.

shaunlynes123
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWBkEfMOwJg

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 08:17 PM
8 minutes..where is the armor stuff?

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 05:47 AM
The last 2 ''hidden armors'' have been terrible. Like seriously, how does the Master Assassin armor make you ''silent''.
I want something like Altair's armor, infact, I want that for Uplay (Testing those combat animations with it, with all new visuals...yes, please?)

I hope we get something more Assassin-ish.

Yeah I agree, something like Altair's light robes that make you feel nimble and "assassin-y." I hated the outfits in ACR and the armour that made you look like a big, bulky knight.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 05:48 AM
The Ottoman thing? who designed that thing? You would stand out in the crowd like a Courtesan in a Mercenary group.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 06:52 AM
The Ottoman thing? who designed that thing? You would stand out in the crowd like a Courtesan in a Mercenary group.

I hope they'll have a lot of different outfits in AC3 suitable to all.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:54 AM
I doubt we will really see ''armors'' as they really did not have any back then, more like cosmetic outfits, this game does have regenerating health, so I cant see it going past cosmetics.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:05 AM
I doubt we will really see ''armors'' as they really did not have any back then, more like cosmetic outfits, this game does have regenerating health, so I cant see it going past cosmetics.

Yeah they really had to adjust this game to fit the time period.

I think I heard somewhere in loomer's interviews at E3 that there will be no more doctors and medicine.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Yep, no medicine, no doctors, just rest spots.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Yep, no medicine, no doctors, just rest spots.

How fast will health regenerate, like as fast as in Red Dead Redemption?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Something I am not sure off, I hope it isn't complete instant regeneration tho.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Something I am not sure off, I hope it isn't complete instant regeneration tho.

Red Dead Redemption's was pretty fast.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:10 AM
AC1's rate was nice.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
AC1's rate was nice.

That would be perfect!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I wonder how we can really know the regeneration rate, AC1 used bars, this one uses just one curved bar.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I wonder how we can really know the regeneration rate, AC1 used bars, this one uses just one curved bar.

I liked how in AC1 when you were on the brink of death, you couldn't just stuff some medicine in your mouth like Ezio did. You could run around in a circle until a bar regenerated though :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Most of the time when I was on my last health bar, out of the blues a Templar senses me half away across the map and trys too kill me too make my life harder.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Most of the time when I was on my last health bar, out of the blues a Templar senses me half away across the map and trys too kill me too make my life harder.

I had fun with AC1 when an enemy would get shot by an arrow from his friend. You could do that in AC2 also, just grab someone and have another enemy fire arrows at you. Fun stuff.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM
This may be off topic...but does everybody in AC1 view you as an infidel? not 2 seconds can I walk without being called an infidel.
AC1 there was a grab exploit with the hidden blade. Grab-thow, kill, grab-throw, kill.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
This may be off topic...but does everybody in AC1 view you as an infidel? not 2 seconds can I walk without being called an infidel.
AC1 there was a grab exploit with the hidden blade. Grab-thow, kill, grab-throw, kill.

I loved it when you killed them, they would just lay there for like a full minute groaning.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah. The hidden blade, due too the throw system, was the best tool in the game.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Ah, man I gotta go. We gotta have this reply battle later though ok xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
See you later then :P and does anybody hope for a Redcoat dye? we can go back too the classic red and white?

DBZFAN202
07-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Am hoping for an Altair Ezio and maybe even an Aquilus costumes to wear!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I want Armor of Altair from Uplay.

WolfTemplar94
07-04-2012, 02:08 PM
The Armour of Altair being in the game would be silly though. Why would their be a suit of a random Assassin from the Middle East during the Crusades in America?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
...Uplay? they used old Animus files too fit Desmonds liking? then why did Altair robes be useable?

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 05:05 PM
The Armour of Altair being in the game would be silly though. Why would their be a suit of a random Assassin from the Middle East during the Crusades in America?

I'd like to see outfits relevant to the time period, but I still want to see skins like Altair's robes.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
If you have a save file on AC1, AC2, AC:B and AC:R you get the skin.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Fortunately, outfits relevant to the time period do exist. Captain aquila, colonial assassin, some other outfit, etc.
@Hasoon, is that true, or is that what you wish for?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Wish for.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, hopefully your wish comes true! I really REALLY want the old skins, from the previous games. Their robes are cool.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Plus, testing the new animations in them. The Drachen Armor and Altair robes and armor added TONS of replayability for AC:B for me, because I would see all of those different scenes and animations in different outfits.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Oh I loved the Drachen Armour. Hopefully they will put VR training in.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I really miss VR. I really don't understand the nay sayers.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Why was it taken out, anyways?

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Black room wasn't made for it I guess. Couldn't handle it? I don't know, but it would be dumb if they got rid of it now that he's out of the black room.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
And now with hunting, tree climbing, and the new combat system VR is a must.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes, they should. It would give us a place to realistically or at least rationally practice. It would be crazy if we killed massive quantities of real fake british soldiers, but if we killed fake fake british soldiers, it would be okay.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah. Fake fake, lol.

BBALive
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
If VR training does return (I hope it does), then I would like an 'endless mode' where you just fight waves of guards increasing in difficulty and quantity. It'd be a lot of fun.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Basically the killstreak challenge without a timer.

BBALive
07-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Basically the killstreak challenge without a timer.

Essentially.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Essentially.

That would be awesome.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
It would give a perfect place to practice and in my opinion would be madness not to add.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 11:28 PM
I would spend so much time in it....
I spent I think about 18 hours in the VR?

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:02 AM
I would spend so much time in it....
I spent I think about 18 hours in the VR?

I wonder why they took it out in ACR.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:06 AM
AC:R was rushed, so yeah.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
AC:R was rushed, so yeah.

Very rushed. Very, very, rushed. You can see that in the game.

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't think it was rushed. I would say that the black room could only handle necessities, but then there are outfits -.-

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:19 AM
I still had some fun with ACR tho

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:20 AM
It was derived of fun for me. I hated that game.
Makes NO sense when you got outfits but no VR.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:27 AM
My favorite part of that game was probably the cutscene with Duccio.

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
I killed him in each one.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Duccio is in more main AC games than Altair
/:

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
/:

Yeah that's pretty sad.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 12:39 AM
/:
Not true. Altaďr was in AC1, AC2 and ACR and Duccio was in AC2, ACB and ACR.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:40 AM
AC II does not really count. It is just one mission.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:41 AM

Yeah and in ACB wasn't Duccio just in the DLC?

LightRey
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Eh, yes it does. It's a longer part of the game than any of Duccio's appearances.

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 12:47 AM
True.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Eh, yes it does. It's a longer part of the game than any of Duccio's appearances.

Regardless of that, I still think Altair should have made a bigger appearance in those games. Just my opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Erm...no. Duccio has overall 10 minutes of time.
I searched some videos of the Altair mission and most people finished it in like..3 minutes-9 minutes at most.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Yeah but Altair's appearance in ACR was a lot bigger than Duccio's.

LightRey
07-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I searched some videos of the Altair mission and most people finished it in like..3 minutes-9 minutes at most.
Not talking about overall. I'm talking individually (hence the use of the word "any").

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 12:56 AM

9 minutes? I know the fastest way through and it is 2 minutes tops. I think... Let's just say I can get there before her easy.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:57 AM
9 minutes? I know the fastest way through and it is 2 minutes tops. I think... Let's just say I can get there before her easy.

Yeah I didn't take me that long.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:59 AM
9 minutes if you mess around and kill guards.

MT4K
07-06-2012, 01:02 AM
9 minutes if you mess around and kill guards.

Or get stuck trying to perform that side-wall jump to the beam that became infamous for causing players problems (although i never had an issue).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
It happened too my brother when he played AC II. I knew how too do it, refused too tell him xD

EzioAssassin51
07-06-2012, 01:10 AM
It was derived of fun for me. I hated that game.
Makes NO sense when you got outfits but no VR.

What? How? The VR was all white, because it was in the white room, but Desmond being in the Black Room made it inaccessible, which makes perfect sense for it not to be there. It made sense for outfits since that's changing your look, which is what we can do in the Animus anyway, what with armour and stuff! How does it make no sense for there to be outfits but no VR?

I don't get why people don't like ACR, or think it was rushed. It's pretty much on par with Brotherhood, which is a great game, in fact it was probably less rushed than Brotherhood, having a much better ending, in terms of the memory part of things. It doesn't make sense for the VR not to be in it because it was 'rushed' since Brotherhood had the same time period and many of the same features, yet still featured the VR.
Just curious, why do you think ACR was SO bad you 'hate' it?

(sorry if this came across as a bit of an attack, it wasn;t :P )

MT4K took the words right out of my post :P That beam gave me and heaps of others problems while first playing through that mission :p

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 01:10 AM
It happened too my brother when he played AC II. I knew how too do it, refused too tell him xD

Haha xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 01:13 AM
What? How? The VR was all white, because it was in the white room, but Desmond being in the Black Room made it inaccessible, which makes perfect sense for it not to be there. It made sense for outfits since that's changing your look, which is what we can do in the Animus anyway, what with armour and stuff! How does it make no sense for there to be outfits but no VR?

I don't get why people don't like ACR, or think it was rushed. It's pretty much on par with Brotherhood, which is a great game, in fact it was probably less rushed than Brotherhood, having a much better ending, in terms of the memory part of things. It doesn't make sense for the VR not to be in it because it was 'rushed' since Brotherhood had the same time period and many of the same features, yet still featured the VR.
Just curious, why do you think ACR was SO bad you 'hate' it?

(sorry if this came across as a bit of an attack, it wasn;t :P )

MT4K took the words right out of my post :P That beam gave me and heaps of others problems while first playing through that mission :p

Short as hell. 9 hours. In a AC game
Lack of content
Den Defence
Desmond sequences
Bland city, which is smaller than Rome.
Bad character development.
Un-balanced multiplayer
Lack of CHANGE.
And oh,it said basic's and needed programs only only, outfits is not one of them.

EzioAssassin51
07-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Lack of content
Den Defence
Desmond sequences
Un-balanced multiplayer
Lack of CHANGE.
And oh,it said basic's and needed programs only only, outfits is not one of them.

I'll give you the content one because of the side mission, but it was the same length as Brotherhood. The rest of your arguments make sense, except I disagree with the bland city, lack of change and bad character development, but I guess it's all just personal opinion :P

Yeah, but outfits haven't got anything to do with improving skills or changing gameplay. It would be pretty low of Ubisoft to take out purely cosmetic outfits just because they're 'not necessary with the Black Room'. Like I said, they're just for fun so it makes sense for outfits to stay

EDIT: And Outfits are 'basic' anyway :p

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Lack of content
Den Defence
Desmond sequences
Un-balanced multiplayer
Lack of CHANGE.

You could tell it was rushed because they kinda just threw all the content in there.

EzioAssassin51
07-06-2012, 01:20 AM
You could tell it was rushed because they kinda just threw all the content in there.

And they didn't throw content into AC2, B, or even 3? All the content makes sense to improve/change gameplay

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 01:22 AM
It took me 9 hours too finish Revelations
15 on Brotherhood
And the story itself was MUCH better in Brotherhood. And I didn't care for ANYBODY by the end other than the Yusuf. Which could have been developed so much more.
The additions are a crappy tower defense game, a hook blade, which does not change combat at all and it's climbing already we somewhat already have, and ziplines...
So much change! And those crappy Desmond sequences
Most of the changes are BAD, and there are barely any changes.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
I hated Constantinople. Just my opinion :P

EzioAssassin51
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
It took me 9 hours too finish Revelations
15 on Brotherhood
And the story itself was MUCH better in Brotherhood. And I didn't care for ANYBODY by the end other than the Yusuf. Which could have been developed so much more.
The additions are a crappy tower defense game, a hook blade, which does not change combat at all and it's climbing already we somewhat already have, and ziplines...
So much change! And those crappy Desmond sequences
Most of the changes are BAD, and there are barely any changes.

Are you talking about with side missions included or just story? I agree Brotherhood was better, but I still think it was a good story, at least you cared for Yusuf, which was what they obviously wanted since he dies :p Den Defense is crap, and the Desmond gameplay is also pretty bad (good for the story though) so no doubting it, but it's not like they just threw that in. They obviously thought about it and it turned out to be a bad gameplay addition... hmm... maybe you just didn't use the hookblade's combat stuff as much as me :P but the climbing and freerunning changed a lot with the hookblade! And not to mention the bombs too. There is just as much change as Brotherhood, probably more innovative changes too, in some regards.

@FL4PPYflap - why? :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
The bombs were useless. Only time I used them was when I was super bored because of the lack of content.
It functions identically too the hidden blades in the previous games.
Technically, we had the climb leap, which was very similar with just a bit smaller range.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Are you talking about with side missions included or just story? I agree Brotherhood was better, but I still think it was a good story, at least you cared for Yusuf, which was what they obviously wanted since he dies :p Den Defense is crap, and the Desmond gameplay is also pretty bad (good for the story though) so no doubting it, but it's not like they just threw that in. They obviously thought about it and it turned out to be a bad gameplay addition... hmm... maybe you just didn't use the hookblade's combat stuff as much as me :P but the climbing and freerunning changed a lot with the hookblade! And not to mention the bombs too. There is just as much change as Brotherhood, probably more innovative changes too, in some regards.

@FL4PPYflap - why? :p

I don't how to explain, really. It just felt lacking in some way.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Story took me 9 hours, doing every single thing in the game, plus just running around in circles because I was bored, I have 21 hours in, ALL side content done.
I should have 15 hours in the story *atleast* and those other 5 are just scratching the surface.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 01:38 AM
I had fun with the lamb's blood bombs, hehe xD

JCearlyyears
07-06-2012, 01:44 AM
I beat ac2 in 10 hours.

Victor9810
07-06-2012, 02:29 PM
AC Revelations was a great game in my opinion, even though I didn't like Constantinople or The Desmond Sequences, I did like the story and in my opinion it was better than Brotherhood's... OK not really but it was up there. Ezio's ending was definitely better than Brotherhood's. Also the game made you feel like a badass leaping from Masyaf and Ezio just sounded awesome! Again, just my opinion.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
He headbutted a 52 years armored guard.
I laughed so much...xD

Rebel Born 01
08-07-2012, 09:47 AM
i am just asking. u guys ask about armor but on any of the trailers or even gameplay demos have u seen armor. i havent if u have plz point it out.:cool:

ScarFace_1415
08-07-2012, 10:47 AM
i am just asking. u guys ask about armor but on any of the trailers or even gameplay demos have u seen armor. i havent if u have plz point it out.:cool:

they said there's no armor !!

medcsu
08-07-2012, 04:34 PM

I look at this and the first thing I think is "World of Warcraft shaman tier gear". However, it is pretty **** awesome and I hope this or something close finds it's way into the game because this thing just smells of badaszery.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Seen this fanart before, I think it's just incredible <3

BenjaminminU
08-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I hope they add unlockable outfits of previous assassins, like Altair's robes, Ezio's Revelations robes, The armor of Altair. I would love more customisation in this game, like maybe Connor could board a ship and find Altair's robes in a random chest.

De Filosoof
08-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Seen this fanart before, I think it's just incredible <3
Although it looks very awesome in this artwork, i think it will be clipping with everything in the game, just like the Brutus armor and maybe even worse.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Although it looks very awesome in this artwork, i think it will be clipping with everything in the game, just like the Brutus armor and maybe even worse.

haha yes, it most likely would. But I wouldn't care about clipping if I was playing an assassin looking this badass :p

De Filosoof
08-07-2012, 06:10 PM
True. :p

SixKeys
08-07-2012, 07:05 PM
It's an awesome pic, but would look completely ridiculous in the context of social stealth.

De Filosoof
08-07-2012, 07:09 PM
It's an awesome pic, but would look completely ridiculous in the context of social stealth.

Hahaha yeah, blending in by covering his face with his hand lol.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 07:24 PM

Well it ain't like Ratonhnhaké:ton was blending with ANYONE in that Boston market demo lol

MT4K
08-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Well it ain't like Ratonhnhaké:ton was blending with ANYONE in that Boston market demo lol

He blended in the Boston Demo. He went and stood by those two guys.

Black Shadow943
09-05-2012, 03:15 AM

it's okay dude it says pre-order bonus because it's talking about wearing the outfit off the ship in boston, new york, and the frontier

Black Shadow943
09-05-2012, 03:17 AM

they already did man, Connor isn't wearing robes, cothing like that hasn't been used for a og time, he's just werig a SWAG jacket

Black Shadow943
09-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Jesus, dude his name is Conor, he even says tha hat he goes by. stop shoving Ratonhnhaké:ton don our throwts

Assassin_M
09-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Jesus, dude his name is Conor, he even says tha hat he goes by. stop shoving Ratonhnhaké:ton don our throwts
Yeah, well that is his birth name and I don't see how he`s "shoving" it down our throats.. He prefers that name, what`s your problem ?

Black_Widow9
09-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Hello,
I suggest you take the anger elsewhere. All posts need to remain respectful. This is also Connor's real name so there is nothing wrong with it.

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 03:42 AM

Oh, the irony... You spelled "Ratonhnhaké:ton" perfectly (accent mark and all) but not "Connor"? :p

BATISTABUS
09-05-2012, 04:12 AM
If we can get something like this, I don't care how much it clips.

playassassins1
09-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Why would they put it in the game, if they removed it in the first place?

It does look like something they could put in the game, just not as an outfit, more like a skin..

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Why would they put it in the game, if they removed it in the first place?.

It was the concept art for Connor's default outfit. They decided it wasn't a good fit.

deskp
09-05-2012, 06:49 AM
it's okay dude it says pre-order bonus because it's talking about wearing the outfit off the ship in boston, new york, and the frontier

No the pre order outfit is diferent from the one seen in demos. look it up ;)

im3jia
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
The Traditional Colonial Assassins outfit was previously owned by the Assassin John DelaTour.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/29506333/0/Assassin-Creed-3/ListingDetails.html

LoyalACFan
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
The Traditional Colonial Assassins outfit was previously owned by the Assassin John DelaTour.

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/29506333/0/Assassin-Creed-3/ListingDetails.html

Cool... now who's John Delatour? XD

im3jia
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
The first mentor of the New World maybe?

r4inm4n1991
09-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Cool... now who's John Delatour? XD

It is a man.

Gabe248
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey lads,

Ok, so I want to discuss Outfit customization in AC3. I really liked the customization in ACB and ACR. Will we see this return in AC3?
In the media of AC3, we've seen Connor in white and blue robes.
However, I was browsing through images of Connor on Google Images when I noticed some pictures of Connor wearing brown and red robes.
Maybe Connor will be able to wear different outfits or we will be able to dye his robes different colours.
I am pretty sure that some special editions of AC3 contain special outfits.

I was also wondering if armour will make a return in AC3. Armour was not common in the American Revolution as far as I know, but maybe we will see some leather Native American armour or something of that type.

Let me know your thoughts on that guys. I appreciate all replies and posts. :D
I'd like to see like a Revolution outfit like the outside of it is blue and the inside is red like the one and it has like an american flag with an assassins symbol on it somewhere

Black Shadow943
11-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Oh, the irony... You spelled "Ratonhnhaké:ton" perfectly (accent mark and all) but not "Connor"? :p

Yeah........... I got a little ahead of myself.............