PDA

View Full Version : Altair Vs. Ezio Vs. Connor

Pages : [1] 2

ignition11
06-25-2012, 04:34 AM
This might be a duplicate thread, if so, then I am sorry, but still. I would like to get your opinions, me and my friend are arguing over the victor, so... who would you choose, and why?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Kinda hard to debate such thing when we don't know Ratonhnhaké:ton anywhere as well as Altair and Ezio.

But since you asked: Ratonhnhaké:ton. From the bits of him I've already seen and what I read about or heard from the developers, I like him the most out of 3 main assassins. His story, his ethnic background and the effect it has on his life and character, his fight against all injustice, his (seemingly) open criticism of Patriots' fight for the freedom of a white straight colonial man only (disregarding black slaves, Indians, women etc), his (apparent) refusal to side with either the Patriots or the Loyalists completely because neither side is concerned about people like him, it all makes him very appealing & smart character to me who I relate to and want to play.

And as a bonus, he's the most handsome in my personal opinion :p

EDIT: Hmmm... Unless this is "who would win in a fight" thread lol. Then either Ezio or Ratonhnhaké:ton since they have guns at their disposal.

monoman32
06-25-2012, 05:07 AM
Considering that Altair was Ezio's mentor, it should be Altair. He made all of the codex pages which gave Ezio dual hidden blades, poison, hidden gun, etc. We also don't know that enough about Connor yet. Ezio and Connor had better resources than Altair and a cool combat system and stuff and we should take that into account too.

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Kinda hard to debate such thing when we don't know Ratonhnhaké:ton anywhere as well as Altair and Ezio.

But since you asked: Ratonhnhaké:ton. From the bits of him I've already seen and what I read about or heard from the developers, I like him the most out of 3 main assassins. His story, his ethnic background and the effect it has on his life and character, his fight against all injustice, his (seemingly) open criticism of Patriots' fight for the freedom of a white straight colonial man only (disregarding black slaves, Indians, women etc), his (apparent) refusal to side with either the Patriots or the Loyalists completely because neither side is concerned about people like him, it all makes him very appealing & smart character to me who I relate to and want to play.

And as a bonus, he's the most handsome in my personal opinion :p

EDIT: Hmmm... Unless this is "who would win in a fight" thread lol. Then either Ezio or Ratonhnhaké:ton since they have guns at their disposal.

Yeah, I've really like Ezio recently with the past series, but even with the short footage we've seen with Connor, I think I'm starting to like Connor more.

Oh, and how would think Connor would look in a beard? And I really like Connor's robes, even more than Ezio's robes in ACB.

douglaswalkers
06-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I will go with Ezio. He is a master to play with some advance weapons and he always lives with it. I like his gun. I know Altair is also master to play his weapons but truth is that Ezio has better skill as an assassin.

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 08:06 AM
With their full weapons set: So far I'm thinking Ezio. He is a great swordsman and skilled with ranged weapons (Although, Connor might be better with a bow).

Without weapons: Probably Connor from what we've seen. He's extremely quick and has this rage about him, that reminds me a lot of Batman.

Epicness of character: We don't know much about Connor and the quality of the execution of his character's personality yet, so I'm going to go with Altair. He's quiet, yet sparks up when he disagress with something. He also has quite a lot of self control. The most dedicated Assassin of the three so far.

Look: I LOVE Connor's outfit so much. They really outdid themselves with the character design this time.

BeCk41
06-25-2012, 09:46 AM
I would choose........ Ezio because not only have we played 3 games with him but we've come to see that he is a bad-a** even in his late 50's.

playassassins1
06-25-2012, 09:49 AM
I would choose........ Ezio because not only have we played 3 games with him but we've come to see that he is a bass-a** even in his elder days.

Well, Altair was still pretty active in his 60's, Ezio was like an old man when he was 65.

BeCk41
06-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, Altair was still pretty active in his 60's, Ezio was like an old man when he was 65.

Well I guess they were both pretty active in their elderly years, but I'm trying to make more of a point that Ezio's experiences made him stronger and I think he's the more suitable master assassin, although Altair was pretty ruthless and it looks like Conner might be as well. But my bet goes to Ezio if this were a street brawl... lol

Felix-Vivo
06-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Well I guess they were both pretty active in their elderly years, but I'm trying to make more of a point that Ezio's experiences made him stronger and I think he's the more suitable master assassin, although Altair was pretty ruthless and it looks like Conner might be as well. But my bet goes to Ezio if this were a street brawl... lol

Yeah, wasn't Altair 80-something when he killed Abbas? Still had the moves XD

Well, as we've all said, we don't really know Connor very well yet. Altair was probably known in AC history as the greatest Assassin to ever live (many people seemed to know of his legacy) and I think he's pretty **** cool. However, who knows? Maybe when we skip forward another few hundred years, Ezio will be regarded in the same way. After all, he eradicated the Borgia influence, rebuilt both the Italian and Turkish Assassins, and was the first man to open Altair's library.

Both characters had interesting personalities; Ezio with his womanising charm and sarcasm and flamboyance, contrasted with Altair's more serious and deadly manner, his transition from arrogant young man to understanding his actions. I also loved their interactions with other people - Ezio and Yusuf/Leonardo, Altiar and Malik, etc.

From what I've seen, though, Connor could top them both.

playassassins1
06-25-2012, 10:22 AM

If Ezio didn't die at the age of 65, I'm sure he would still be an Assassin if he needed to be one.

MT4K
06-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Altair was probably the best Assassin. He would be the best at killing you without you knowing he was there at all. Since Altair spent his life within the assassins training to assassinate then escape, not stand and fight tons of guards (although he could if he needed to).

Ezio was the better fighter in open combat (assuming all weapons ect equal and not counting game mechanics) Ezio grew up outside the order and so is more into the brawling kind of thing as shown with Vieri at the beginning of the game.

The problem is now we have Connor entering the mix who looks like he could probably beat them both under certain circumstances. I mean he obviously spends more-less his whole life dual wielding weapons and not forgetting his native american upbringing making him a natural hunter and such.. I don't think we can really place Connor properly until we have played the game to know for sure where he fits in.

rius90
06-25-2012, 10:37 AM
The events of AC1 took about 3 months. AC2, ACB, and ACR took 30+ years. Putting that into lore terms, Altair took 3 months to devastate the Templar's efforts, wrench the Apple from their grasp -twice-, and literally drove them into the shadows.

Ezio took 30 years to wipe out a few Templars, and got no where near causing as much chaos amongst Templar ranks as Altair did. Not to mention his mistakes led to his Villa being destroyed and the apple being practically hand-delivered to the Borgia. He also spent a large portion of his life chasing after Altair's knowledge. First the codex, then the library.

Ezio was obviously a master Assassin. But Altair was THE master Assassin, whose teachings defined generations of Assassin's. Besides, he designed half of Ezio's gear, from the double blade to the pistol, and if he didn't design it he had access to it, like the crossbow.

As for Conner, we will have to see. He seems to be along the same lines as Altair. Ruthless, bad-a**, and a chip on his shoulder.

Also, sorry if any of this doesn't make sense. I am quite tired and I fear my writing skills are probably suffering from it.

jiajen
06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
I feel like "who would win in a fight/is the best assassin" is kind of dull. So I have something different...
Best cook: probably Connor, seeing as he's a great hunter so at least all his meat is extra fresh.
Best public speaker: Ezio of course.
Best dancer: Ezio "Dinowalking" Auditore, although we haven't seen all of Connor's moves yet.
Best poker face: ?

And if the three of them were to fight each other I would pick Ezio as the winner. Not because I think he's the better assassin or fighter, but the most charming and ruthless. He can probably convince Connor to team up together against Altair and then he'll stab Connor in the back or something.

agitatedchimp
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
In simple terms:
1. Altair was easily the best assassin for stealth and knowledge (so far)
2. Ezio was the best spokesperson and had perhaps the most passionate character.
3. Connor seems to have a hidden rage within him and he's clearly more brutal of a killer then Altair or Ezio.

I think if Connor tried to fight Ezio (from ACB) specifically he would lose because Ezio has too much experience. I could see Connor trying to get his tomahawk on Ezio but Ezio easily countering and killing him with the hidden blade.
Altair in a fair Hidden blade & Sword fight would kill both of them (IMO) he was trained since he was a child and only knows how to be an assassin. Altair in his prime would be too quick for Connor or Ezio. He's the original bad ***!
However, I'm sure the only way we can be sure that Connor could win would be long range fighting. bow & arrow wins! he seems scary accurate with that bow. He could probably take on Ezio from AC2 as he was young, reckless and inexperienced.

IMO although Ezio is my favorite Altair would win anytime. It seems unfair to restrict him on technology he created in the first place. He was THE master assassin above Ezio lets not forget. Altair is just too quick, too skillful and too experienced to lose to Ezio.

In regards to Ezio vs Connor. Watch the revelations cinematic and then watch the AC3 cinematic and Ezio looks much more deadlier. Maybe not stronger but without a doubt he is faster and generally a better assassin

Assassin_M
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM
We dont know anything yet about Connor and his history.. -_-

Legendz54
06-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Connor is just one of those people who is wise and mature from young, Connor joins the assassins at age 15 i recall not to mention he learned to kill and adapt to his environment from a young age then combining it with his assassin skills, after a few years you would have a total Killing machine, He also Dual wields making him experienced with many weapons.

While Altair is trained from 12 and basically lived his whole life as an assassin and comes a leader in his 20's. Altair was the master at fighting as only 4 weapons were needed. he also knew how to precisley kill and seek out his targets . He becomes ruthless for a bit until he is taught through killing his targets and eventually his corrupt mentor.

On the other hand Connor is too humble to become ruthless while Ezio is too passionate to become ruthless as-well.

Ezio is forced to change his ways after his family is killed at age 18 he joins the Assassins but from AC2 a lot of skills come to him naturally while in brotherhood he is at his best. Ezio became a master assassin at a young age also and became very skilled with swords and bladed weapons. He was also the most passionate character of the 3.

Now them fighting each other is a whole different story

Age 18 Connor would be too inexperienced and would be beaten by ACB Ezio and AC1 Altair
but Connor aged around mid 20's would probably beat both.

Sarari
06-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok, I think if it came down to a street brawl, it would be Ezio.

If it came down to a sword / dagger fight, it would be Altair.

And so far from what I've seen, if it came down to an arrow / gun fight, it would be Connor.

Ezio=Stronger
Altair=Agile
Connor=Precision

Felix-Vivo
06-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, I'll just add that Connor does seem to be very brutal and vicious in the way he fights, like he gets some kind of kick out of it, where as Altair was more of a 'Job done' type of guy. Ezio was quite a flamboyant fighter, yet still very deadly, and seems to be bulkier/stronger than Altair. I don't know.

Sushiglutton
06-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Connor has the best animations and looks the most badass. But my favourite is Ezio, because he's a bit less serious. He can find the humoristic side to things it seems like to me. He's def the one I would rather meet in real life :).

jazmex
06-25-2012, 05:10 PM
EDIT: Hmmm... Unless this is "who would win in a fight" thread lol. Then either Ezio or Ratonhnhaké:ton since they have guns at their disposal.[/QUOTE]

If you read Altair's codex, he did, or should have at least had a hidden gun of his own.

In my opinion, Ezio has the best chance as he's always ridiculously armoured and has a crossbow which, whilst not being as fast as a bow or flintlock pistols would still pack a punch and severely injure if not kill Connor and Altair stone dead, saying this, Connor does appear to be much faster and stealthier giving him a significant advantage :)

freddie_1897
06-25-2012, 05:12 PM
theres no point in these because we can't judge fairly until we've played as Connor ourselves

FirestarLuva
06-25-2012, 05:14 PM
theres no point in these because we can't judge fairly until we've played as Connor ourselves

Win! ^

Aphex_Tim
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Oh, and how would think Connor would look in a beard?

I don't think natives can grow beards.

Sushiglutton
06-25-2012, 05:17 PM

I think it will be pretty hard to judge even after we get to play as Conor. It's kind of like those Ronaldo/Messi debates.

freddie_1897
06-25-2012, 05:18 PM
seems a bit racist.

JK but seriously, i think they can grow beards

oh and ^messi! Ronaldo just hurts his leg and holds his head in pain then gets back up after having some of the magic water which somehow manages to cure all footballers of there aches and pains

Aphex_Tim
06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
No racism intended. :)

razaqazy
06-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Between Ezio and Altair, I vote for Altair all the way man. Not only was he the first true assassin who kicked people's *** without any fancy upgrades, he also (re)started the Assassin's Brotherhood. Without his legacy, I doubt Ezio and Connor would be the people they are today. He is strict and cunning, as well as direct and truly highlighted the importance of following a leader.

Al Mualim: "I hold here a list. Nine names adorn it, nine men who need to die. They are plague-bringers, war-makers... Their power and influence corrupts the land, ensuring that the Crusades continue. Find them, kill them... In doing so, you will sow the seeds of peace, both for the region and for yourself. In this way, you might be redeemed."

Altaïr: "Nine lives in exchange for mine..."

Al Mualim: "A most generous offer, I think. Have you any questions?"

Altaïr: "Only where I need begin."

But still, hard to compare three characters when one of them isn't fully known to the public.

Caramel.Sheep
06-25-2012, 07:49 PM
I won't judge Connor, because we haven't played as him yet. But between Altair and Ezio, Altair was better. He was known to pretty much every assassin even centuries after his death and his codex enabled Ezio to get the poison blade, hidden gun and all that.Without all this extra weaponry Ezio wouldn't have been able to accomplish a quarter of what he did before he would die a horrible death at the hands of some templar or guard.

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM

Yeah I know Native Americans usually don't grow beards, but I just felt like Ezio was complete once he grew that beard so I would really like to see Connor with a beard ;) !

Acrimonious_Nin
06-26-2012, 01:38 AM
I hope Desmond shaves...he does not pull off the beard look. And there is no way that Ratonhnhaké:ton will grow his beard...EVER!!!!!

douglaswalkers
06-26-2012, 07:13 AM

Dear TheNYboy, every person have its own choice and interest like, I was confused to select any one from those because both are best. Altair and Ezio have its own characteristics and ability.

Neosonic999
06-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Altair would win considering he had fewer ways to do things but still completed most of the same challenges in his game and he also invented all the equipment Ezio used and it will probably be the same for conner except he uses a tomahawk wich is nothing compared to a hidden blade all Altair would have to do is dodge his first strike and stab his eyes out they are all 3 great but Altair takes the cake by far...

Samurai8281
08-05-2012, 10:53 PM
conner would win because faster than them his more brutal then ezio and altair he,s a dual wielder and he unlike ezio can actully use a gun and dont forget running assassinations. he can climb trees and cliffs that can give him a advantage against them. it,s about time we got somebody better I was tired with ezio.

JumpInTheFire13
08-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Give each of them a hidden blade and one other non-firearm weapon of their choice. Then see who wins.

xcamthemandudex
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Honestly I would have to say Altair. He showed to be the wisest of these three Assassins. I can respect that in him. Sure he may not have been the strongest or most agile of the three, but he wrote the Codex, rebuilt the Assassin's power, and created the equipment that Ezio used.

Kit572
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
We'll lets see here:

Altair is a skilled master assassin,

Ezio has better equipment,

Connor is extremely agressive and *****ers everyone. No questions asked.

Altair's combat differed Ezio's. Altair was more passive, while Ezio was more agressive. Altair became more agressive like Ezio in revelations, kill-streaking like he does. But desmond is the one whos controlling them so he might have taken what he learned from Ezio and used that when playing Altair's memories in Revelations.

But from what I have seen, Connor's combat COULD top both of them. He is more faster, agile, stronger and has better moves.

I don't know who I would pick, I have to see more from Connor first before I decide

projectpat06
08-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Altair became the leader of the assassins when he was 26, Ezio at 40 something, Connor no idea. If weapons are a factor it really all depends on who has the apple. "Stop stabbing yourself, stop stabbing yourself, stop stabbing yourself" Ooops.

LightRey
08-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Altair became the leader of the assassins when he was 26, Ezio at 40 something, Connor no idea. If weapons are a factor it really all depends on who has the apple. "Stop stabbing yourself, stop stabbing yourself, stop stabbing yourself" Ooops.
What if all three of them had different apples? Ezio's was different from Altaïr's and it's not unlikely Connor will get his hands on the Third Apple, which is again another one.

stargate55555
08-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Well I as of yet do not not but I would have to choose Ezio as my main man. Ever since AC Lineage I couldn't wait for a big screen movie and apparently it is in the works. I hope it is as good as lineage.

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 01:04 AM
If all three of them had apples and used them, **** would get crazy.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv21/muellersherri/FireFight.gif

Kit572
08-07-2012, 05:55 AM
I hope Desmond shaves...he does not pull off the beard look.

Agreed, Desmond looks like Adam Sandler with that beard xD!

Forsakenghost
08-07-2012, 07:20 AM
I'll have to see more of who Connor is as a person before i can say anything about him. But for now i'll say Altair.

xcamthemandudex
08-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I like Altair better as a person and a leader, but Ezio is the best for playing. If Connor is faster and much more aggressive then he would be the best so far.

Eskaminzim
08-08-2012, 10:41 PM
The way I see it is:
Altair: Wisest and most dedicated Assassin. Lived and died an Assassin, Ezio wasn't born an Assassin and he retired before he died. Also he probably had the biggest impact on the Assassin's Order thus making him the most legendary Assassin. He changed the way all Assassin's work! I mean he brought love into the Assassin's.
Ezio: Most charasmatic and passionate Assassin. He was a lot more emotional than Altair. Probably the best Mentor as well. I mean many Assassin's didn't like Altair as Mentor. He struggled in that department. Not until he was an old man could he get everybody on his side.
Connor: From the little we've seen. It definetly seems like he's gonna be the most skilled Assassin. Think about it in that CGI trailer he took out ALL of those British soldiers who had freakin GUNS! He is definetly facing the toughest, most well trained and best equiped Templars of the three of 'em. And let's all assume that he is probably going to be the key person who wins the war for the Colonists meaning he may be the first Assassin to help win a large scale war that shapes an entire country.
So I'm gonna take a chance and say will be the best Assassin. Desmond of course will be the best Assassin, BUT only by cheating sense using the Animus. lol And of course he's probably gonna save the entire world. Which just can't be beat.

AssassinN00b1
11-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Altair is awesome and I don't like guns vs knifes and the earlier times interest me most.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 02:24 AM
if conner ever has 3 games and get the attention ezio got form the gamemakers, conner will be undoubtly the best character.

as of now he is only arguably the best character

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 02:28 AM
If Ezio didn't die at the age of 65, I'm sure he would still be an Assassin if he needed to be one.

WTF??? ezio retired man... he actually quit, said he needed to finally live his life

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Ok, I think if it came down to a street brawl, it would be Ezio.

If it came down to a sword / dagger fight, it would be Altair.

And so far from what I've seen, if it came down to an arrow / gun fight, it would be Connor.

Ezio=Stronger
Altair=Agile
Connor=Precision

WTF? yopu do know that conner is statitically the biggest and strongest assassin right? altari and ezio barely reached 5'10(which was tall... for there time period) Conner is a 6'0 plus. the devolpers even said it. conner is more muscular thus takes more effort to be as agile as ezio and altair... altari and ezio are the same ppl coding wise. The best gunsman is conner, the most agile is conner to since he overcompensates because of his size and STILL runs faster than ezio and altari. ezio is not stronger than conner BY FAR. have you played with conner alot yet? the freak of nature picks fools up and slams them on there head effortlessly.

Ezio= leader= proof: trained up to nine assassins at once
Altari= An True Assassin: trained as an assassin at birth
Coner= a killing machine, that simply refuses to be so.=proof: have you seen this guy fight? nuff said.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Ezio would kick Altair and Connor's butts. And because he had a competent voice actor, he'd sound better while doing it.

bradio10
11-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I think connor is the best, he has the best character development, and he joins the assassins at age 14, plus he learned how to hunt and fight people before he even joined the assassins.

ezio however is not far behind as i think he is second best and hes just awesome, thats it.

altair, i just couldn't like him, when i played AC1 he pretty much had no personality at all..

bradio10
11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
You can't really say that since AC3 just came out and we barely even got a chance to experience connor yet.

SolidSage
11-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Connor is the shiz. And I loved Ezio but sorry, he has been surpassed.

IMO peeps, don't get your knickers in a twist ;)

Legendz54
11-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Hmmm, Connor joins the order at 15 already knowing how to hunt, He becomes a full Assassin in his gear with full training at 18.

Ezio at 18 is still just a nobleman and does not know how to fight when he gets the robes ( When his family is hung for example) He gets taught by mario and is at his prime by the end of AC2.

Altair was born into the order from very young and grew up training as an assassin, he is a full assassin as soon as we start as him, around 20.

Not sure about this one..

Pr0metheus 1962
11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I think connor is the best, he has the best character development, and he joins the assassins at age 14, plus he learned how to hunt and fight people before he even joined the assassins....

If Connor never opened his mouth, your opinion of his worth might make some sense, but if we listen to him, it becomes clear that the voice actor had no investment in the character. Maybe if Connor gets another game to himself, they might ensure that he gets a serious actor to play him. Then he might start to eclipse Ezio. But right now, Connor seems to be Altair (who also had an uncommitted actor playing him) all over again.

CalgaryJay
11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I think Connor would pound Ezio into the turf, look how powerful & aggressive he is.

Ezio's Batman, he just has a TON of toys at his disposal, & strong armour for protection. Connor's more au naturale, he just straight trainwrecks people.

TrueAssassin77
11-07-2012, 04:55 PM
If Connor never opened his mouth, your opinion of his worth might make some sense, but if we listen to him, it becomes clear that the voice actor had no investment in the character. Maybe if Connor gets another game to himself, they might ensure that he gets a serious actor to play him. Then he might start to eclipse Ezio. But right now, Connor seems to be Altair (who also had an uncommitted actor playing him) all over again.

Conners voice actor is also a native american from the mohawk tribe, who's second language is English. Conner speaks just like he should. Difference between Altair and connor, is while when Altair is quiet it is simply for the sake of being quiet .... while connors silence speaks louder than words. Connor is much more expressive in his native language because that's the language he is comfortable in. He sounds robotic while speaking English .... because most non English speakers sound robotic speaking it.

Take in mind, ezio and Altair never spoke English. The animus was translating for us. That's why ezio was so expressive... because he's speaking his native tongue tho to us it sounds English. Connor is not being translated. It is evident in a lot of scenes. He learned English as a second language (just like his voice actor) while ezio never spoke it at all, but was actually speaking Italian. ,.......................

The devs got it right man, connor has a superb voice actor

alientraveller
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Noah Watts is actually of the Crow tribe.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I think Connor would pound Ezio into the turf, look how powerful & aggressive he is...

Connor is all muscle and no brains. Ezio is a Renaissance Man compared to this dimwit. Ezio would wipe the floor with this guy.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Noah Watts is actually of the Crow tribe.

Will the Crow tribe pay for some voice acting lessons for him? Because God help us all if we're subjected to the embarrassing prospect of another Assassin's Creed sequel voiced by this guy.

SolidSage
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Will the Crow tribe pay for some voice acting lessons for him? Because God help us all if we're subjected to the embarrassing prospect of another Assassin's Creed sequel voiced by this guy.
Connor's voice acting was great.
Authenticity being described as embarrassing, nice.

Trixtabella
11-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Altair is my fave out of the 3, i grew to like Ezio but I was always a bit gutted they didn't bring out another full game with Altair as the main protagonist. I just found his story really interesting and the simplicity of the weapons really apealed to me too. ( I have a massive canvas of him in my living room too) I took a long time to come to like Ezio although now I do really quite like him. Connor I am at the same stage with him that I was with Ezio in AC2 not really warmed to him yet I think I need to play some more before i make a comment on him.

HellSniper666
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Altair

LieutenantJojo
11-08-2012, 01:02 AM
If we're talking about who would win in a fight, then I'd say Connor. The guy's an absolute beast. I see Ezio and Altair as equals, but Connor is just of the charts, he's incredible.

If we're talking about which character is the best, then it's Ezio for me. Perhaps it's because we had 3 games with him, but he's awesome. I like how he's this playboy and becomes more mature as time progresses. We really got to see how he evolved during his life. Altair however seemed like a guy just doing his job and Connor, though a cool character, doesn't get to the same height as Ezio does. Perhaps if we get more games with him, he'll surpass Ezio, but not yet. He sometimes seemed like a ******bag, too, which is pretty sad.

If we're talking about the voice actor, then definitely Ezio. Roger Craig Smith was AMAZING. How he portrayed Ezio was brilliant. You can just hear Ezio getting older. The difference between young Ezio and middle-aged/old Ezio is remarkable. Both Altair and Connor's voice actor lacked conviction and didn't seem to be as involved with their character as Roger Craig Smith was. At some points Connor sounded really emotionless, even at very emotional times.

So for me it's this:
Strength: Connor > Ezio = Altair
Character: Ezio > Connor > Altair
Voice Actor: Ezio > Connor = Altair

Overall: Ezio > Connor > Altair

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Connor = The Warrior

Ezio = The Mentor

Altair = The Assassin

reasoning: Connor is a pure badass, killing machine, wth a temper to match. Kinda Wild fighting style. Ezio is a teacher and inspirational leader, charismatic, and simply inspires ppl to follow him, but actually retires. Altair was raised to be an assassin. it was his life. it was all he ever believed in. An assassin to the end.

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-08-2012, 01:31 AM
This might be a duplicate thread, if so, then I am sorry, but still. I would like to get your opinions, me and my friend are arguing over the victor, so... who would you choose, and why?

To answer this question properly, we first have to put things into perspective. Ezio and Connor are able to do more than Altair because their featured stories took place as sequels to the first AC. As such, the devs allowed the combat to develop far past the initial fighting system, not to mention each successive ancestor has appeared to be more talented than the last as a result of that progression. It appeared as if Ezio was on a different level from Altair, but when ACR came out we saw they were both on tantamount ground in terms of fighting capability, since they both were able to perform the same techniques and takedowns. Baring this in mind, it is confirmed that whatever Connor has been shown to do, Ezio most likely would be able to duplicate it, as well as Altair.

For instance, just because tree-climbing was not featured in ACII and ACB and ACR doesn't mean that Ezio isn't strong enough or capable enough to climb trees. In fact, it might even be easier for him than climbing buildings.The same goes for Altair. Whatever skill Connor has shown to be able to perform Altair and Ezio could probably duplicate it because of what we are shown in ACR concerning Ezio and Altair's similar abilities, and how Altair seemed to be brought up to speed regarding the newly endowed abilities of Ezio. The devs seemed to want to get the idea across that both Altair and Ezio are so skilled in ability that they are really equal.

With that in mind, I find it really impossible to determine who is better. If they made a new game and went back to Altair or Ezio, I guarantee you both would be able to climb trees. Not to mention, with the new combat system, Ezio and Altair would be able to do most of what Connor is able to do if a new game was made with them. As skilled as Altair and Ezio are, both should be able to dual wield. The only reason, and I mean the only reason we weren't able to dual wield weapons with them in AC1 thru ACR, was because the idea had not been introduced and taken advantage of.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Connor = the best character because he is fighting for a personal goal and comes from a background of pain. When he's frustrated or angry, you really feel it.

Ezio = Very likeable and also "Mr.Perfect", Connor and Altair could make mistakes but Ezio? No, he allways knew what and how he should do. But he fought the templars because he knew they were evil, not because he wanted to achive something for himself.

Altair = Meh, No personality at all, we don't know much about him. He is told to kill the he kills and that's it.

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Connor has no personality. Altair showed much more character in ACR. Altair's mistakes in AC1 were a result of his abandoning the creed. Once he stayed true to the creed, he was never injured or hurt even once during his missions in the Holy Land. Considering the likelihood of going thru so many fights without getting punched or cut even once, he was either a great fighter, or he was a master of shadows. Altair is really legendary when you think about it.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Connor has no personality. Altair showed much more character in ACR. Altair's mistakes in AC1 were a result of his abandoning the creed. Once he stayed true to the creed, he was never injured or hurt even once during his missions in the Holy Land. Considering the likelihood of going thru so many fights without getting punched or cut even once, he was either a great fighter, or he was a master of shadows. Altair is really legendary when you think about it.
There is no such thing as having no Personality for god`s sake...

Legendz54
11-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Connor = the best character because he is fighting for a personal goal and comes from a background of pain. When he's frustrated or angry, you really feel it.

Ezio = Very likeable and also "Mr.Perfect", Connor and Altair could make mistakes but Ezio? No, he allways knew what and how he should do. But he fought the templars because he knew they were evil, not because he wanted to achive something for himself.

Altair = Meh, No personality at all, we don't know much about him. He is told to kill the he kills and that's it.

Ezio Is not perfect, he assassinated an innocent and blew up a whole city..

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Ezio Is not perfect, he assassinated an innocent and blew up a whole city..

Now I remember. He's still Mr perfect . . . with the ladies ;)

ZoMBee-HitMAN
11-08-2012, 01:54 AM
There is no such thing as having no Personality for god`s sake...

You know what I mean. He's bland, gray, boring...dull.

Assassin_M
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM
You know what I mean. He's bland, gray, boring...dull.
No. I do not know what you mean. I`m not Psychic.

and he was Bland, Gray, Boring and dull to you.

And that is still a Personality..

TrueAssassin77
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Connor = The Warrior

Ezio = The Mentor

Altair = The Assassin

reasoning: Connor is a pure badass, killing machine, wth a temper to match. Kinda Wild fighting style. Ezio is a teacher and inspirational leader, charismatic, and simply inspires ppl to follow him, but actually retires. Altair was raised to be an assassin. it was his life. it was all he ever believed in. An assassin to the end.

everyone should think of them like me. see above for my thinking!

Escappa
11-08-2012, 01:58 AM
everyone should think of them like me. see above for my thinking!

Easy there lad, everyone has right to their own opinion. The last person who forced people to think like him was a guy named Hitler, he was a German in the 1900's

Will_Lucky
11-08-2012, 02:00 AM

Are you kidding? He made plenty of mistakes remarkably mostly during Revelations he makes a lot of big mistakes. He kills Tarik who did absolutely nothing other than keep secrets of his plan to ruin the Byzantines (Had Ezio done nothing he may have ended the threat regardless), ends up destroying Cappodocha and god knows how many civilians inside are effectively put at risk by his stupid hasty decision.

You could argue during AC2 he fights for his family, he fights for revenge instead of just because the Templars are evil, yes this is a crucial factor but he fights and eventually ends his crusade deciding killing Rodrigo Borgia "won't bring my family back I'm done". He was probably set to retire at that point rather earlier than he went on to.

Escappa
11-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Ok, he wasn't perfect . . . but the mistakes in ACR were all dementia ;)

MT4K
11-08-2012, 02:04 AM
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
One man's hell is another man's paradise.
One man's ally is another man's enemy.
One man's hates is another man's loves.
One man's loss is another man's win.

Everybody has a different view and perspective on things and everybody should respect that :).

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 01:14 AM
I am sorry, but Altair was the worst assassin, and then Connor needs other people to save him. Ezio is the best because he can actually fight on his own and is just as wise as Altair.

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 01:17 AM
altair is the assassin
ezio is the leader/mentor
connor is the warrior

/end thread

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Connor = The Warrior

Ezio = The Mentor

Altair = The Assassin

Yeah, but Ezio didn't get thrown in jail, and needed help from other assassins to help free him when he was getting hanged. I would say that it is

Connor= 2nd best warrior

Ezio= Best warrior + mentor and assassin

Altair= wise guy

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but Ezio didn't get thrown in jail, and needed help from other assassins to help free him when he was getting hanged. I would say that it is

Connor= 2nd best warrior

Ezio= Best warrior + mentor and assassin

Altair= wise guy
Are you correcting his Opinion ?

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 01:37 AM
at least i gave real reasoning for my choices... hes just being a blind ezio fangirl...

ezio never got thrown in jail because hes mr. perfect... never had difficulty doing anything at all, and the closet thing to come close to him was ceaser... who was crazy and irrational at the time. connor naivety got him thrown in jail. he thought since he didn't do anything wrong, they couldn't have possibly throw him in jail. he got other assassins to help him cause, well his hands were tied behind his back and he had no weapons... a situation ezio never came close to experienceing

Charles_Phipps
11-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Connor got thrown in jail because he wanted to be and then had Charles Lee KEEP him in jail.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Connor got thrown in jail because he wanted to be and then had Charles Lee KEEP him in jail.
Probably why he wanted to escape *face-palm*

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 02:23 AM
at least i gave real reasoning for my choices... hes just being a blind ezio fangirl...

ezio never got thrown in jail because hes mr. perfect... never had difficulty doing anything at all, and the closet thing to come close to him was ceaser... who was crazy and irrational at the time. connor naivety got him thrown in jail. he thought since he didn't do anything wrong, they couldn't have possibly throw him in jail. he got other assassins to help him cause, well his hands were tied behind his back and he had no weapons... a situation ezio never came close to experienceing

Beginning of Revelations: Ezio's hands were behind his back and he had no real weapons.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Beginning of Revelations: Ezio's hands were behind his back and he had no real weapons.
Blame Altair`s ghost..

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 02:25 AM
I choose Connor. Altair I think it rather dull. I have just grown tired of Ezio, since he has gotten extremely stale. I like Connor's ethnic background and story better too. Especially since this game deals with the morality, there is never a good and bad side. It is a grey area. I think he is a very like-able character, because I love stories where the underdog rises to become a hero. He is smart, not cocky, and wants to seed out injustice. I am hoping we get to play him in the next installment, when he is older and wiser.

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 02:27 AM
I think all 3 characters are great characters.

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 02:32 AM

in a trailer man... and apparently he had no problem escaping... and before he got captured he took out like 50 soldiers... and after he got captured he killed almost half the soldiers the compound including the guy who was gonna hang him

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 02:34 AM
in a trailer man... and apparently he had no problem escaping... and before he got captured he took out like 50 soldiers... and after he got captured he killed almost half the soldiers the compound including the guy who was gonna hang him
Connor went through the damm British Army... nuff said

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Connor went through the damm British Army... nuff said
Connor= The Warrior

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Connor= The Warrior
Altair went through the Crusader and Saracen Armies..
Ezio went through the Popes personal Guard, The Papal Army, and a small Byzantine Army..

They`re all Warriors :p

psf22
11-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Ezio went through the Popes personal Guard, The Papal Army, and a small Byzantine Army..

Who's the Ultimate Warrior?

zhengyingli
11-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Altair = The Bully
Ezio = The Jock
Connor = The Nerd

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 02:52 AM

to me. Its what aspects of the assassin brotherhood, they signify. even if they all have the traits.

The Assassins are warriors: Connor never says " achilles made me an Assassin" he litreally says while talking to his 1st recruit in a tarven "acheillies made me a warrior"

The Assassins are a brotherhood: Ezio is the ideal tacher. he has so many students and recruits, and he trains them into a assassins. inspirational, charismatic. hes a leader.

The Assassins... are Assassins: Altari was born and raised as an assassin. He never wanted to be anything else.

jamgamerforever
11-17-2012, 03:29 AM
My favourite is Ezio, but that is slightly unfair given he receives about triple the time to develop as the other two characters. Ezio goes from being a womanising teenager to wizened Master Assassin, filled with sorrow and regret. Going from AC2 Ezio to ACR Ezio is such a fulfilling journey, and is one of my favourite things about AC as a series (apart from the history).

Connor comes second. He is very naive (though that lessens slightly toward the end), and is prone to anger. He fights for justice above all, and him deciding where his allegiances lie is one of the most intriguing story points of AC3. His relationship with his father is also enthralling, as they rebound off of each other's ideologies.

And last, Altair. Poor Altair. I love his character, I really do. He comes in last because in AC(1), we only experience two months of his life. And then, although his Revelations content is excellent, the rest of his life is incredibly rushed, and huge parts of his development are skipped over entirely. I still love to experience his redemption in AC(1), and I still cry at the end of Revelations, but unfortunately he takes my no. 3 spot, just for being less fleshed out than the latter two protagonists.

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 03:32 AM
You are right, when I posted that, I was just pissed that Connor got thrown in jail and lost. But, now after I got over that. I totally agree

Altair is the assassin

Ezio is the leader/ mentor

Connor is the warrior

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 03:35 AM
You are right, I have had a tough time choosing who is my favorite assassin and now I think for sure it is Connor, he is a boss!

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Blame Altair`s ghost..

No, the thing to blame is Ezios hidden blade, I mean it got chopped off.

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 03:41 AM

Yes, but still Connor is much better than Ezio or Altair

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 03:48 AM

Yes, but still Connor is much better than Ezio or Altair

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
We all have to remember, if the fight is anywhere outside of a city, in nature, Connor would own!

Pr0metheus 1962
11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
We all have to remember, if the fight is anywhere outside of a city, in nature, Connor would own!

The fact that Ezio was never called upon to climb trees does not mean he couldn't do it. Trees are easier to climb than buildings. Heck, I can climb a tree!

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 04:54 PM
ezio can climb a tree... but its a completely differernt skill set to navigate through the trees. haytham couldn't do it. ezio can't do it. the guy grow up in flourence(spelled wrong)

his parkour skills probably never even touched trees

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Better fight (that could actually happen): Connor vs Aveline.

WiriestScroll3
11-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Oldest is always best :) So i will say Altair.

ItsSnowingOut
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Desmond would probably kick all their butts.

Although I still think Altair is the most Badass...
"There's one more thing I need from you.."
"Whats that?"
"Your life!"
*stabs*

Khaos7712
11-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Did you miss the part where the templars hung half of Ezio's family?

kuled2012
11-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Altair.

MT4K
11-17-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm the best. I'm the one controlling them all....

Iamsosobad
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
In a straight up brawl, Connor would win, but if they had time to prepare and plan beforehand, I'd go with Ezio.

jamgamerforever
11-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Ezio would win in a fight. He has the most OP weapon in the entire world - the crossbow. A weapon that can hold 30 ammo and has almost no reload time. It also has perfect accuracy.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Connor is better, because he has better Graphics..Nuff said

jamgamerforever
11-17-2012, 10:33 PM

:D

Are you saying Connor is a more three-dimensional character? :p

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 10:38 PM
:D

Are you saying Connor is a more three-dimensional character? :p
Yes..

The Belt across his Shoulder moves..How awesome is that ? And his Hood moves a lot better than Ezio`s and Altair`s..Yep..He`s so much better..

revolution165
11-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Oi, Galera Hoje vou disponibilizar para Vocês meu Canal, la vai ter varios detonados de Gamer como assassin Creed II, Se gostarem do Meu Canal Comentem, dê um Like e Favorite
http://www.youtube.com/user/revolutiongameres?feature=mhee

jamgamerforever
11-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes..

The Belt across his Shoulder moves..How awesome is that ? And his Hood moves a lot better than Ezio`s and Altair`s..Yep..He`s so much better..

I'll admit whenever I played as Desmond I just stared at his bag, as it swayed. I remember it just being completely static in ACB, so was quite mesmerized by it. Movement in clothes is something I've always wanted more of in video games and this game had great animation when it came to that.

I also like that the number of arrows you have in your inventory is the number in Connor's quiver.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 10:48 PM
I'll admit whenever I played as Desmond I just stared at his bag, as it swayed. I remember it just being completely static in ACB, so was quite mesmerized by it. Movement in clothes is something I've always wanted more of in video games and this game had great animation when it came to that.

I also like that the number of arrows you have in your inventory is the number in Connor's quiver.
See ? Connor is so much better

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Altair had better graphics than Ezio anyway, at least in terms of character animation and everything overall when compared to AC2.

(the throwing knives on Altair's belts decreased also)

IronEagl3
11-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Altair had better graphics than Ezio anyway, at least in terms of character animation and everything overall when compared to AC2.

(the throwing knives on Altair's belts decreased also)

^^^^^ I totally agree with this

lbrosfilm
11-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Connor, hands down. He has all the skills an outstanding assassin should have; unprecidented stealth capabilities and merciless fighting techniques incase of detection or general mess up.
Ezio was a cheerful character that was just TOO happy to be a ruthless killer, which completely negated me to think of him as a true assassin. He's more of a leader and a teacher than a killer.
Altair was....naive. Following his orders without question throughout the entirety of AC1, but eventually he changed the face of the Brotherhood.

UnfortunateSon
11-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Altair. He was remorseless at times and more lethal than both Ezio and Connor IMO. I don't think he would have the same hesitation in cutting down either of them as Ezio and Connor might.

Still Ezio is quite wily and perhaps the most cerebral of the three assassins so I would give him a good chance too.

MohMurad
11-18-2012, 02:01 PM
What's the point in making a pointless "Who's the better Assassin Thread?" All the assassins were equally good at their time so just stop with this crap. Pointless thread.

Also, it's a game for Christ's sake!

Sidizen
11-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Connor, hands down. He has all the skills an outstanding assassin should have; unprecidented stealth capabilities and merciless fighting techniques incase of detection or general mess up.
Ezio was a cheerful character that was just TOO happy to be a ruthless killer, which completely negated me to think of him as a true assassin. He's more of a leader and a teacher than a killer.
Altair was....naive. Following his orders without question throughout the entirety of AC1, but eventually he changed the face of the Brotherhood.

I agree with you, except for one thing. Ezio is a true assassin, I mean he is in the series ASSASSIN'S CREED!!!

Sidizen
11-18-2012, 06:31 PM
^^^^^ I totally agree with this

Yes, but what about brotherhood and Revelations!

Sidizen
11-19-2012, 02:39 AM
I agree with you, except for one thing. Ezio is a true assassin, I mean he is in the series ASSASSIN'S CREED!!!

Is it just me? Everyone thinks that Ezio is a techer, but not a true assassin, but he is!

Sidizen
11-19-2012, 02:42 AM

Okay, imagine if they were real people, then who would win. It is not about graphics, it's about who would win in a fight!

DavisP92
11-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Ezio was a horrible assassin, when compared to Altair at the end. He was a stealthy assassin that went high profile if it was needed. But Ezio killed hundreds of people in a city just to get to one 2 templars, smh. He was more of a warrior then an assassin, wearing a lot of armor and having every weapon on him wasn't stealthy at all. connor was more stealthy, about the same as Altair. What i hope is the next AC game you can pick what weapons you want to carry, I would really just do every mission with only a bow and hidden blades.

TrueAssassin77
11-19-2012, 02:48 AM
Atair= The Assassin

Ezio= The leader/mentor

Connor= The Warrior

DavisP92
11-19-2012, 05:15 AM
Atair= The Assassin

Ezio= The leader/mentor

Connor= The Warrior

I would say

Altair = Assassin/Mentor

Ezio = Warrior/Mentor

Connor = Assassins/Warrior

new assassin = Assassin recruit :)

agentpoop
11-19-2012, 09:05 AM
All this talk of Ezio not fighting for anything or being mr perfect is such BS... The guy's family is murdered, he's rushed out of his hometown, taught by his uncle (and he's reluctant about it) , he's a rash young teenager and is just putting pieces together to avenge his family. But by the end of AC2 he has become a more mature man and realized murdering the Pope wouldnt do anything for him. But by doing this he brings a great risk by leaving the Templar leader a live. Hardly a perfect choice. Did I mention he loses the love of his life and can never really love again until he's MUCH older? And he could never truly be with her?

In ACB he is tasked with rebuilding the entire Assassin order and liberating an entire city. After he does that he goes to ACR where he tries to complete his father's work and learn about his actual order. He ends up struggling to fit into the new city, his only real friend there dies, he blows up an entire city on accident, kills an innocent, gets banned from the city and decides to retire. THEN he realizes who he is and speaks directly to Desmond. The his speech in Embers talk of how much he has struggled and his regrets. But when he finally finds some peace in his life he dies.

Connor on the other hand never grows up. At the beginning he's a pissed A hole, in the middle he's a pissed A- Hole and at the end he's a pissed A-hole. His voice doesn't even mature. It's not until post credits where he seems somewhat relaxed or when he's interacting with people at the Homestead. I like Connor, I really do. But to day he has more deph than Ezio is just silly to me. Altair in ACR shows more deph than Connor in AC3 . Maybe it's the way AC3 was designed, if they made some of the homestead missions mandatory we'd see his human side more and at appropriate times.

But the big issue: DESMOND would be the best if Ubisoft had a brain and gave him his own game. I don't care how they do it but they should, make AC4 the LAST game before this gets dragged out too long. Do spin offs after if they are so inclined but this next one must rap this entire arc up. [spoilers removed]

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
DESMOND would be the best if Ubisoft had a brain and gave him his own game. I don't care how they do it but they should, make AC4 the LAST game before this gets dragged out too long.

Can't get behind the idea, sorry. Full-on Modern day ACs are instant turn-offs for me. Also don't want AC to end so soon. My opinion and all..

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
But to day he has more deph than Ezio is just silly to me.
I think saying Ezio has more depth is silly..

We`re both Silly in each other`s eyes..

Be in my shoes...You`ll see how silly you are..Let me put on your shoes and I`ll see how perfectly silly I am..

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 10:04 AM
But the big issue: DESMOND would be the best if Ubisoft had a brain and gave him his own game.
Desmond in ACI and ACIII is perhaps the perfect length, to me. I don't mind the if the next AC has pure exposition for the modern storylines or some gameplay, but at the very least has the same length as the above two. ACII kinda skimped out.

kuled2012
11-19-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't think it's fair to compare Ezio of AC2 to Connor, Ezio is 41 when he confronts Rodrigo in Rome, Connor is 27 at the end of the game. He's still a very young man and would be odd to see him like a matured person (on Ezio levels) tbh.

Sidizen
11-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I would say

Altair = Assassin/Mentor

Ezio = Warrior/Mentor

Connor = Assassins/Warrior

new assassin = Assassin recruit :)

THANK YOU!!!! I completely agree with you, you are right on. Bullseye, totally bullseye, you could not have said it any better.

Sidizen
11-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Desmond in ACI and ACIII is perhaps the perfect length, to me. I don't mind the if the next AC has pure exposition for the modern storylines or some gameplay, but at the very least has the same length as the above two. ACII kinda skimped out.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Desmond in AC3 would have died if it wasn't for that creepy brain attack that one guy had when Desmond was in Abstergo industries.

Sidizen
11-19-2012, 11:18 PM
All this talk of Ezio not fighting for anything or being mr perfect is such BS... The guy's family is murdered, he's rushed out of his hometown, taught by his uncle (and he's reluctant about it) , he's a rash young teenager and is just putting pieces together to avenge his family. But by the end of AC2 he has become a more mature man and realized murdering the Pope wouldnt do anything for him. But by doing this he brings a great risk by leaving the Templar leader a live. Hardly a perfect choice. Did I mention he loses the love of his life and can never really love again until he's MUCH older? And he could never truly be with her?

In ACB he is tasked with rebuilding the entire Assassin order and liberating an entire city. After he does that he goes to ACR where he tries to complete his father's work and learn about his actual order. He ends up struggling to fit into the new city, his only real friend there dies, he blows up an entire city on accident, kills an innocent, gets banned from the city and decides to retire. THEN he realizes who he is and speaks directly to Desmond. The his speech in Embers talk of how much he has struggled and his regrets. But when he finally finds some peace in his life he dies.

Connor on the other hand never grows up. At the beginning he's a pissed A hole, in the middle he's a pissed A- Hole and at the end he's a pissed A-hole. His voice doesn't even mature. It's not until post credits where he seems somewhat relaxed or when he's interacting with people at the Homestead. I like Connor, I really do. But to day he has more deph than Ezio is just silly to me. Altair in ACR shows more deph than Connor in AC3 . Maybe it's the way AC3 was designed, if they made some of the homestead missions mandatory we'd see his human side more and at appropriate times.

But the big issue: DESMOND would be the best if Ubisoft had a brain and gave him his own game. I don't care how they do it but they should, make AC4 the LAST game before this gets dragged out too long. Do spin offs after if they are so inclined but this next one must rap this entire arc up. [spoilers removed]
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! again
3 things:
1) Ezio was 65 in Revelations so of course he is going to make some mistakes.
2) Does not apply to this, but just in general. Whoever thinks Altair was better than Ezio when he was in his 60s is wrong! All Altair had to do was take out a bow and shoot the leader, a lot of people can do that.
3) Connor got thrown in jail and needed assassin recruits, a.k.a. his mentor, Achilles, to save him from being hanged!

Dieinthedark
11-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Between Altair and Connor it's very difficult. I think Altair wins for being more stoic, more professional but Connor on the other hand is just brutal, efficient and very personal. So there's a plus to both I guess

Sidizen
11-20-2012, 02:54 AM
3) Altair would come last in a fight to the death.
2) Connor would come second in a fight, but Ezio would get a beetling.
1) Ezio would come first in a fight, but not by much.

pirate1802
11-20-2012, 04:06 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! again
3 things:
1) Ezio was 65 in Revelations so of course he is going to make some mistakes.
2) Does not apply to this, but just in general. Whoever thinks Altair was better than Ezio when he was in his 60s is wrong! All Altair had to do was take out a bow and shoot the leader, a lot of people can do that.
3) Connor got thrown in jail and needed assassin recruits, a.k.a. his mentor, Achilles, to save him from being hanged!

I think Ezio was 53 in Revelations and 62 in Embers?

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 04:10 AM
I think Ezio was 53 in Revelations and 62 in Embers?
52/53 in Revelations..

65 in Embers

pirate1802
11-20-2012, 05:20 AM
52/53 in Revelations..

65 in Embers

Funny. At 53 he looked more agile than a normal 53 year old. And at 65 he looked old that a 65 year-old. My dad is 65, he doesn't look nearly as weak as Ezio did in Embers. Maybe all that running and jumping at 53 took its toll. :P

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Funny. At 53 he looked more agile than a normal 53 year old. And at 65 he looked old that a 65 year-old. My dad is 65, he doesn't look nearly as weak as Ezio did in Embers. Maybe all that running and jumping at 53 took its toll. :P
It`s usually said that when you keep your body used to a large amount of work and strain, it becomes more prone to weakness if you stop suddenly..

You`re raising the bar for what you`re Body can accomplish in feats, but you`re Inevitably condemned to have to keep that amount work for life or risk being weaker than ever if you stop.

Plus; Ezio had a Chest Infection..

SSJ_ORF
11-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Altair > Connor > Ezio

Sidizen
12-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Connor

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 12:59 AM
It`s usually said that when you keep your body used to a large amount of work and strain, it becomes more prone to weakness if you stop suddenly..

You`re raising the bar for what you`re Body can accomplish in feats, but you`re Inevitably condemned to have to keep that amount work for life or risk being weaker than ever if you stop.

Plus; Ezio had a Chest Infection..
And was shot, stabbed, and fell off buildings multiple times xD

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 01:02 AM
And was shot, stabbed, and fell off buildings multiple times xD
That too xD

And he dies sitting down...What a badass..

EaglePrince25
12-01-2012, 02:26 AM
My personal favorite is Ezio, even only going off of AC2. I found his character to be the most interesting, and since we actually got to see him age over the years (Again this happened within just AC2 along with his other 2 games as well) I feel we got to see more of his personality as a whole, rather than during just one specific point in time. I also like his personality and the trials he found himself facing, along with the overall style of his robes. (Altair's are iconic, but kinda bland in my opinion.)

In terms of fighting ability, that's really hard to say. To be honest though I think Connor takes it, and if he has another game or two like Ezio did I think it'll be even more clear. Among the three he's the one with the most unique fighting style, dual-wielding constantly. Like Ezio he has experience with guns, but also has access to the bow. I think its unfair to judge them on weapons, since technology of course marches on, but Connor simply has the better aray, his own unique tools combined with elements from the other two. However, the gun Ezio had seemed to be better than any Connor's used so that's a plus for him. While Connor's not so much a sword guy, with his tomahawk, he has shown the ability to counter sword wielding opponents. Now with the hidden blade it just goes to Ezio hands down I think. Finally, I think Altair takes it in terms of assassination ability, he doesn't have a lot of the newer weapons that Connor and Ezio did, and therefore has less options for assassination. Until his last years he couldn't shoot people, and he certainly couldn't hang them from trees, yet he still got the job done every time with a combination of blending and parkour skills.

I also feel the need to point out that while Ezio and Altair most likely would have no problem climbing trees, they certainly wouldn't be able to navigate them like Connor does.

In all honesty, if we're just talking about fighting skills, Desmond should have been the best of the lost since he had all the memories of the other three, including knowledge on weapons and how to use them, experience from their various skills, and the tree running abilities of Connor.

darrkevil
01-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Its diffrent opinions i like to play as ezio i love him much more then altair and connor

IronEagl3
01-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know that Altair was never scarred or wounded during any fight of his life? The scar he got was from Abbas when they were teens.

Also, I hate seeing Ezio fanboys like pirate1802....really? You think that Ezio was the only guy we played who hasn't made mistakes? He has flaws like everyone else. You guys overrate him too much.

Megas_Doux
01-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Does anyone know that Altair was never scarred or wounded during any fight of his life? The scar he got was from Abbas when they were teens.

He was, not necessarily "scarred" in the true sense of the word though. Remember that Robert De Sable bested him in the Solomon temple quite easy, then he ran like a coward. Leaving both his comrades and their mission behind.........

In terms of who is both the "best" assassins and mentor, Altair takes the lead, Ezio is very cool and the most "likeable" character. And Connor is probably the better fighter.......I tried to be the "least biased" possible, due to Connor being my favorite out of the three.

SuperLoboMau 25
01-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Altair is the wisest (because the apple) and Connor the most skilled, but Ezio is more skilled than Altair and thinks better than Connor (probably).

My favorite is Ezio anyway.

IronEagl3
01-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Altair has lost fights, but never been hurt. I doubt a punch in the face would do anything to a cold blooded assassin like Altair.

Altair is the wisest (because the apple) and Connor the most skilled, but Ezio is more skilled than Altair and thinks better than Connor (probably).

My favorite is Ezio anyway.

Ezio might think wiser than Connor, but doesn't have the strategy skills as him though. Connor planned a whole entire attack at a fort himself using underground routes. Same for Altair. He did everything himself. Ezio got information from everybody else.

montagemik
01-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Altair - Always , single weapon combat , no dual weilding for counters .
i've seen nothing from the other Assassin's but a wider arsenal of accessories / weapons .
And i like to think our interaction & abilities as Altair were limited due to the Animus limitations we were given .

We played only a small portion of Altairs life by comparison to others , with only the minimum of abilities at hand- Yet he was still respected by the entire order , including the Grandmaster to a point.

Assassin_M
01-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Connor planned a whole entire attack at a fort himself using underground routes.
You forgot this...

"He was about 20 when he planned that attack"

When did Ezio individually plan his first attack ? That`s right 43....

kuled2012
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Ezio fanboys seem to forget he was indirectly responsible for killing hundreds of innocents just to get Manuel Palailogous (sp) outside. At least Altair paid the price for his arrogance...

POP1Fan
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Right now, I think Ezio would win, easily... but I think Connor will be in his prime only after AC3. How the things are presented, the fight would be between Ezio and Altair, with Connor being the first one to bite the dust, but I am sure he will become the best of the three, eventually.

Mari4444
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Ezio is the best in my opinion, probably its the bias of having played as him for THREE games, so I'm more attached to him

Connor's personality is kinda flat, but he does have a sarcastic side, which I appreciate

But in a battle, I think Altair would win followed by Ezio then Connor

IronEagl3
01-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Ezio is the best in my opinion, probably its the bias of having played as him for THREE games, so I'm more attached to him

Connor's personality is kinda flat, but he does have a sarcastic side, which I appreciate

But in a battle, I think Altair would win followed by Ezio then Connor

I agree with you on that. Especially Connor's sarcasm towards his father at times lol.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Altair would win hands down, Connor being 2nd, Ezio last. Altair would win because he had stealth, skill, least weapons but was still as deadly as Ezio with all of his weapons if not more. Connor is 2nd he is a warrior with skills and adapts to his environment, has stealth also. Ezio runs in and murders everyone to get to one person, not much of a stealthy assassin more of a warrior.

IronEagl3
01-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Skip to 0:50

IT'S A TIE :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunScywmPm4)

dogtobycars
01-17-2013, 04:33 AM
I liked Ezio best, just something about him seemed cool, Altair 2nd, Connor 3rd, and Desmond in last.

RinoTheBouncer
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Ezio

The strongest, the hottest, the most fun, the most interesting, the most awesome!
Regarding winning a battle against each other, I guess Ezio would win because it was noted multiple times that we played as Ezio in the Animus to gain "decades of training and skills" so it feels like Ezio was the strongest and most skilled among them, even though a part of me thinks Altair has some darkness that can make him level mountains.

IronEagl3
01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Ezio

The strongest, the hottest, the most fun, the most interesting, the most awesome!
Regarding winning a battle against each other, I guess Ezio would win because it was noted multiple times that we played as Ezio in the Animus to gain "decades of training and skills" so it feels like Ezio was the strongest and most skilled among them, even though a part of me thinks Altair has some darkness that can make him level mountains.

Wow...you just reminded me that they did say that in AC2...but Shaun also said in the ADB that Altair was one of the most skilled Assassin's of all time. That gives me a feeling that he could also win in a fight against Ezio. Altair would have like a sort of fencing stance while Ezio would just go all out crazy and do whatever the ef he wants to do. *Sigh* well I guess that's why they like him more :\

RinoTheBouncer
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Wow...you just reminded me that they did say that in AC2...but Shaun also said in the ADB that Altair was one of the most skilled Assassin's of all time. That gives me a feeling that he could also win in a fight against Ezio. Altair would have like a sort of fencing stance while Ezio would just go all out crazy and do whatever the ef he wants to do. *Sigh* well I guess that's why they like him more :\

Yeah! and in AC3 intro, they did mention that too. I do think that Altair is strong enough for the challenge because he was strong enough to re-invent the brotherhood.

VenomViper22
01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
For me Altair would win followed very closely by Ezio and not too far behind would be Connor. It's really hard to tell whoe would win beacause we never actually see all three characters in the same environment (like the same game) with their own animations reflecting their skills. Connor looks to be more skilled than Altair, for example, because in AC1 we don't have all those combat moves we see in other games. But that does not mean Altair can't fire the bows from the rooftop gurads or start a killstreak.
Besides, who needs two hidden blades? :)

kuled2012
01-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Altair had even more experience than Ezio, he was still kicking *** in his 80s, Ezio didn't even reach his 70s

CalgaryJay
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Liked all 3, but:

1. Connor
2. Altair
3. Ezio

LoyalACFan
01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Altair would win hands down, Connor being 2nd, Ezio last. Altair would win because he had stealth, skill, least weapons but was still as deadly as Ezio with all of his weapons if not more. Connor is 2nd he is a warrior with skills and adapts to his environment, has stealth also. Ezio runs in and murders everyone to get to one person, not much of a stealthy assassin more of a warrior.

Connor is much more like this than Ezio. Aside from Uberto and Silvio, Ezio approached every single one of his targets in AC2 with some semblance of stealth. Connor didn't even try to be stealthy most of the time. Hickey? Barged into his hideout, blatantly showed off his hidden blade, and chased him halfway across the city. Church? Engaged him in a full-blown naval battle. Lee? God, don't even get me started. He shaved his head, put on bright red war paint, and charged around the city with his hood down interrogating people about his whereabouts before finally chasing him down through a burning boat, shot him in the chest, and let him escape halfway across the frontier bleeding to death before finally finishing him off. I like Connor, but he's a pretty terrible Assassin.

kuled2012
01-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Have to disagree on this...Juan Borgia, assassinated from a bench infront of a crowd and no one realised. Left the scene as if nothing happened, that was one of my favourite assassinations.

FirestarLuva
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Connor is much more like this than Ezio. Aside from Uberto and Silvio, Ezio approached every single one of his targets in AC2 with some semblance of stealth. Connor didn't even try to be stealthy most of the time. Hickey? Barged into his hideout, blatantly showed off his hidden blade, and chased him halfway across the city. Church? Engaged him in a full-blown naval battle. Lee? God, don't even get me started. He shaved his head, put on bright red war paint, and charged around the city with his hood down interrogating people about his whereabouts before finally chasing him down through a burning boat, shot him in the chest, and let him escape halfway across the frontier bleeding to death before finally finishing him off. I like Connor, but he's a pretty terrible Assassin.

I have to agree on that. Out of all three, Connor was the least stealthy. He never actually saw himself as an assassin. In a conversation with Stephane he said Achilles turned him into a warrior. Maybe in some sense assassins are warriors but not in the way Connor sees it.

Th3Aw3som3On31
01-17-2013, 11:30 PM

True, I still prefer Connor over Ezio though. Ezio was joking, smiling, etc (While I see why people like him for it to me it doesn't fit the Assassin bill), whereas Connor was more serious, straight to the point, much like Altair but with less skill and stealth

Megas_Doux
01-18-2013, 01:13 AM
I also like Connor because I find him braver than both Altair and Ezio.....So, in the end to me, goes like this:

Altair: Wisest known Assassin, devoted until his last breath. Uber skilled and unmatched in terms of stealth.
Ezio: The archetypical hero, pretty likeable and very skilled.
Connor: An strong brave warrior, not very stealthy though. Sadly underrated, if you ask me.......

greenBV4
01-18-2013, 06:18 AM
I'd have to say Ezio. I only started playing AC at brotherhood so i couldnt say altair and then connor.... i just didnt feel he was anywhere as good as ezio, idk why i just didnt connect as much. I've seen on other threads peolple saying ezio was an arrogant loud mouth but isnt that, along with his humour, why we loved to play as him? thats how i fealt anyway. oh and i forgot to add combat abilities and although i think ezio would be more stealthy connor is the better fighter.....

Hidden Legaciez
01-19-2013, 10:43 AM
connor he has more items assasanations and everything else animations and hes a savage

vistaluna
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
If we are talking about hidden blade against hidden blade or fist fight, Altair would mop the floor with both Connor AND Ezio. Connor lacks the experience to be a real threat to Altair. Now Ezio would provide much more of a challenge and Altair would have to keep his guard up around Ezio. Altair would most definitely be the victor though. Ezio learned a lot from Altair after all! Let's all remember that Altair had been trained on how to be an assassins since he was very little and was a way of life for him. The only was Connor or
Ezio would win against Altair is if they were using technology against him, or double teamed him.

Ezio would win against Connor as well. Poor Connor just didn't get that much training. (maybe in his later years it would be a different story) Connor might win a long ranged weapon fight against Ezio using the bow and arrow.

I personally think Altair is the best all around assassin because he is the master when it comes to stealth, and he has a cold and calculated nature about him. He was bred to be an assassin. Plus he was the original bad ***:cool:

Legendz54
01-21-2013, 01:18 AM
I think they just need to choose better settings and layouts for their games. Altair felt more badass because it was set in the misty harsh environment of the Middle East. The lush playful cities of Italy wouldn't really make you feel badass and that's what ruined the assassin atmosphere for me since AC2.

IronEagl3
01-21-2013, 07:19 AM
If we are talking about hidden blade against hidden blade or fist fight, Altair would mop the floor with both Connor AND Ezio. Connor lacks the experience to be a real threat to Altair. Now Ezio would provide much more of a challenge and Altair would have to keep his guard up around Ezio. Altair would most definitely be the victor though. Ezio learned a lot from Altair after all! Let's all remember that Altair had been trained on how to be an assassins since he was very little and was a way of life for him. The only was Connor or
Ezio would win against Altair is if they were using technology against him, or double teamed him.

Ezio would win against Connor as well. Poor Connor just didn't get that much training. (maybe in his later years it would be a different story) Connor might win a long ranged weapon fight against Ezio using the bow and arrow.

I personally think Altair is the best all around assassin because he is the master when it comes to stealth, and he has a cold and calculated nature about him. He was bred to be an assassin. Plus he was the original bad ***:cool:

Yeah this definitely.

CH.Altonative
03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I like them all, every one of them gave us a new weapon and new tactics, Altair gave us the eagle vision, eavesdropping, stealing and the hidden blade, Ezio gave us the ability to recruit assassins, use mercenaries to aid you in battle, thieves to distract and lead the enemies away from you and courtesans to flirt with the enemies to distract them, he gave us the hook and blade, ziplines and parachutes. Connor gave us hunting skills, the ability to climb trees and hang your enemies, run through buildings to lose your enemies, the tomahawk, the bow, the rope swing, naval combat, analyzing clues to hunt down animals and your targets. And using your enemies as human shield from bullets. Remind me if I've forgotten anything important.

So yes, I think I love them all.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Very difficult but i will say Ezio !

Ragsash
03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Oh, and how would think Connor would look in a beard? And I really like Connor's robes, even more than Ezio's robes in ACB.

This reminds me I ever seen a native american with beard...can they grow beards? I asume they can....but as said I never seen a native american with a beard...not even a stub I need to check this

emperior
03-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Altair was the best stealth assassin, but became more of a mentor than a fighter.
Ezio was the best fighter and was more tactical in his assassinations, and was a leader.
Connor was a crazy bastard, the best free runner, action man and most brutal, but slightly less skilled in battle than Ezio, as Haytham who wasn't as skilled as Ezio could top him.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I have grown to hate this sort of thread. For god's sake the last one hasn't even died yet, people.

ajl992008
03-21-2013, 11:56 PM
1. connor
2. ezio
3. altair

but the reason why altair is last is because he had the least development and ezio was great in ac2 and acr but i didn't like him in acb. connor was amazing all round for me but its a tough choice, they are all amazing characters.

gymclasshero4
04-29-2013, 09:38 PM
I would put my bets on Ezio because he's been thougth more then altair or connor

Megas_Doux
04-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I would put my bets on Ezio because he's been thougth more then altair or connor

Altair was an assassin for 92 years......
Literally since the day he was able to walk, to his death, he never quit, he even gave one of his sons "to the cause", so no!

AssassinHMS
04-29-2013, 11:52 PM
This is why Altair is the best assassin so far:
- He planed his missions, he wondered the cities gathering all sorts of information and drawed a carefully thought plan;
- He's stealthy, he was a blade in the crowd;
- He's wise, he valued knowledge, he listened to his targets and learned from them but, more importantly, he learned from his mistakes.

On the other hand, Ezio wasn't an assassin from the start, he didn't had the training and the preparation that Altair did,
- He was brash, a little childish and pretty much only cared about having fun, but he grew and became a wise and a respected Assassin, il Mentore
- Sure he's a womanizer but he never let his emotions or women interfere;
- Even though he wasn't a tactician like Altair he tried to be the best assassin he could and he succeeded

Connor, in my opinion, is a good person, but a bad assassin and here's why:
- First of he didn't plan missions (he only planed one mission that ended up with him wounded and failing to kill his target), he was reckless and his foolish choices didn't get him killed exclusively because the story was written in such a way his enemies acted as if they wanted him to live;
- He didn't rely on stealth but on brute force which should've been impossible if it wasn't for the ridiculously easy combat;
- Even though there was no brotherhood, there was still the creed but all he cared about was his village and his "people". He only joined the assassins because he learned through the piece of eden that if he didn't do it his village would be destroyed.

If it's a matter of choosing the best assassin Altair is the answer hands down but if it's a matter of charisma, of personality or the character's development it is up to the person's taste and entirely subjective.

Megas_Doux
04-30-2013, 12:40 AM
I respect your opinion, but there are some "inaccuracies"

Connor didn't plan missions (he only planed one mission that ended up with him wounded and failing to kill his target), he was reckless and his foolish choices didn't get him killed exclusively

Connor was reckless yes, but planned all the liberation missions being like...... 23 years old?

- Ezio was brash, a little childish and pretty much only cared about having fun, but he grew and became a wise and a respected Assassin, il Mentore
- Sure he's a womanizer but he never let his emotions or women interfere;

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about an important leader of the brotherhood dying because "I will be on a travel, Yusuf, would you take care of her for me?" He almost compromised an entire branch of the brotherhood and ALL they had accomplished just because the girl he loved...... While at the moment, he was almost blowing an entire city off, killing HUNDREDS of innocents in the process...And did you also know, Ezio did not plan anything until 1499......

Let´s see: Uberto Alberti? Paola´s finding, Vieri de Pazzi? Mario´s. How was he able to find about the Pazzi´s Conspiracy? La Volpe. Emilio Barbarigo? Antonio, Marco Barbarigo? Teodora. Silvio Barbarigo? Bartolomeo.....

Assassin´s brotherhood was supposed to be an "underground" organization during his time... And yet Ezio, before he knew any of his "comrades" true allegiance, was there telling everyone "hey I am an assassin on a vengeful quest, do you have any idea about any of those bad guys?

Do not get wrong I like the three of them, though.

AssassinHMS
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Connor was reckless yes, but planned all the liberation missions being like...... 23 years old?

Mi dispiace, I didn't play Liberation so all I know about Connor is due to AC3 but if you say he planned those missions I believe you, however I think he should have done that in his game :)
Still, he's way too reckless for an assassin.

What about an important leader of the brotherhood dying because "I will be on a travel, Yusuf, would you take care of her for me?" He almost compromised an entire branch of the brotherhood and ALL they had accomplished just because the girl he loved......

He sensed she was in danger so, just to be safe, he asked Yusuf, as a friend, to protect her. And he was right. He never put her before the creed, he didn't stop his work because of her, he just tried to protect an inocent's life as it is the duty of an assassin. Ezio didn't send Yusuf to protect her because he loved her but because she was vital for the order, she helped Ezio find the keys' locations. Ezio protected her in the same way he would protect Leonardo or anyone else who's in danger, specially when that danger came from trying to help the brotherhood (as it was Sophia's case).

While at the moment, he was almost blowing an entire city off, killing HUNDREDS of innocents in the process...

Necessary deaths.... nah just kidding. He didn't kill any citizens. He raised hell so that everyone was forced to leave including his target who, because of that, decided to show up just like Ezio planned.

And did you also know, Ezio did not plan anything until 1499......Let´s see: Uberto Alberti? Paola´s finding, Vieri de Pazzi? Mario´s. How was he able to find about the Pazzi´s Conspiracy? La Volpe. Emilio Barbarigo? Antonio, Marco Barbarigo? Teodora. Silvio Barbarigo? Bartolomeo.....

I never said Ezio planned anything (even though he did in a few missions), in fact I said he wasn't a tactician and that's why Altair was better. However he knew a proper assassin must plan his missions, so either he asked for help (from Paola, Antonio...) or he planned the mission by himself. Connor never tried to plan anything, never scouted the place or thought before acting (at least in AC3). Just take a look at the funeral mission. That mission alone is a stain in the assassin's history.

Assassin´s brotherhood was supposed to be an "underground" organization during his time... And yet Ezio, before he knew any of his "comrades" true allegiance, was there telling everyone "hey I am an assassin on a vengeful quest, do you have any idea about any of those bad guys?.

I don't remember any of this. Could you give an example?

Shahkulu101
04-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Why on earth does anybody care? Nobody is going to change who their favourite character is. And I think Connor's recklessnes was part of his naivety at some points, like charging into that building to get Hickey, but that went a bit far. However walking straight up to Charles Lee at Haythams funeral was the single most pointless and stupid thing in a video game. Why? I ask was this scene in the game? I just dont get how anybody thought that was a good idea.

AssassinHMS
04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Why on earth does anybody care?
I think you should ask that to the person who started this thread. I simply answered and stated my reasons.

lothario-da-be
04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Connor of course!

Assassin_M
04-30-2013, 09:02 PM
He sensed she was in danger so, just to be safe, he asked Yusuf, as a friend, to protect her. And he was right. He never put her before the creed, he didn't stop his work because of her, he just tried to protect an inocent's life as it is the duty of an assassin. Ezio didn't send Yusuf to protect her because he loved her but because she was vital for the order, she helped Ezio find the keys' locations. Ezio protected her in the same way he would protect Leonardo or anyone else who's in danger, specially when that danger came from trying to help the brotherhood (as it was Sophia's case).

Actually that`s quite wrong. Ezio was careless and it`s his fault for involving Sofia in the first place. she wasn't vital for the order, her services were for Ezio`s personal quest. it had nothing to do with the order, so lets just get that out of the way in the sense that Yusuf`s death was CLEARLY Ezio`s fault and if he`s so concerned about Innocent people like you say.....Maybe he should`v been more careful about protecting Innocent lives in Cappadocia, while supposedly Yusuf was looking out for this other "Innocent"

I would go so far as to say that Ezio used Yusuf`s death to rile up the Assassins in his quest to save Sofia...

also, Ezio never planned ANYTHING in AC II, that`s fact and Connor IS reckless, i`ll give you that...no argument from me, BUT, Connor planned and scouted. His plan to infiltrate fort George may not have been totally successful, but hey....it`s still a plan...coming from a 22 year old

AssassinHMS
04-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Actually that`s quite wrong. Ezio was careless and it`s his fault for involving Sofia in the first place. she wasn't vital for the order, her services were for Ezio`s personal quest. it had nothing to do with the order

Wait a minute.. Do you think that it wasn't vital for the assassins to discover the locations of the keys that the Templars, were also searching for, before they did? Specially when the keys granted access to the Library beneath the former Assassin's hideout (Masyaf)? Not to mention the Templars were already in possession of one of the keys and that the library could contain dangerous secrets that, in the wrong hands, could be catastrophic.
It was vital for the order to find the keys. Something like this is far more than just a personal quest, this involves every and each assassin.

so lets just get that out of the way in the sense that Yusuf`s death was CLEARLY Ezio`s fault

I never said Yusuf's death wasn't Ezio's fault but since you brought that up let me say that, in a way, it wasn't. It's true that it was Ezio who asked Yusuf to protect Sofia and if it wasn't for that Yusuf probably wouldn't have died. However all the assassins were in debt to her because she helped them in a crucial matter, yes crucial. Yusuf wasn't forced to protect her just because she provided a huge help to the order but he probably should, along with the rest of the assassins. So it was also their fault Yusuf died but I guess the ones, who actually killed him, are also to blame.

and if he`s so concerned about Innocent people like you say.....Maybe he should`v been more careful about protecting Innocent lives in Cappadocia, while supposedly Yusuf was looking out for this other "Innocent"

Really? Well maybe Ezio should have warned everyone before exploding the gunpowder or perhaps go door to door and ask people not to panic. But if people didn't panic his target wouldn't show up so, I think you should excuse Ezio for being a bit rude (not as rude as Connor though).

I would go so far as to say that Ezio used Yusuf`s death to rile up the Assassins in his quest to save Sofia...

ahahah...priceless. But it's your opinion so I respect it.

also, Ezio never planned ANYTHING in AC II, that`s fact and Connor IS reckless, i`ll give you that...no argument from me, BUT, Connor planned and scouted. His plan to infiltrate fort George may not have been totally successful, but hey....it`s still a plan...coming from a 22 year old

When I said Ezio never planed anything but a few missions I didn't say those few missions happened in AC2, did I? As for Connor planning missions and scouting, I could counter it in so many ways but what I don't get is why you keep excusing him (he's 22 year old...). I'm younger than Connor and I most certainly wouldn't be caught during the funeral (at least not before I killed Charles Lee) :)

Farlander1991
04-30-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm younger than Connor and I most certainly wouldn't be caught during the funeral (at least not before I killed Charles Lee) http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

I'm curious, why do you keep using the funeral as an example instead of, let's say, Hickey? (banging out the door, starting the chase, etc.)

Because honestly, I don't think that funeral is a valid example. It happens at a point in Connor's life when he:
a) Had to kill his best friend
b) Had to kill his father (hence the funeral)
c) Had been betrayed by the people he supported
d) Had his mentor die
e) Had his people reject him
At the point of the funeral, it's not about assassinating, it's about doing the one and only thing the already broken Connor has got left - kill Charles Lee. **** planning. **** discretion. **** scouting. Just pure hatred. I don't think most people would plan ANYTHING in Connor's place when it comes to the funeral if they had the same amount of crap happened to them.

Assassin_M
04-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Wait a minute.. Do you think that it wasn't vital for the assassins to discover the locations of the keys that the Templars, were also searching for, before they did? Specially when the keys granted access to the Library beneath the former Assassin's hideout (Masyaf)? Not to mention the Templars were already in possession of one of the keys and that the library could contain dangerous secrets that, in the wrong hands, could be catastrophic.
It was vital for the order to find the keys. Something like this is far more than just a personal quest, this involves every and each assassin.
The Templars would`v never found the keys. they only found the first one, because of the earthquake. they would`v just given up and focused on something else....everything points to the templars inability. Ezio only found them in 2 of the hiding places, some of the doors required eagle vision and the doors were extremely hard to destroy...

I never said Yusuf's death wasn't Ezio's fault but since you brought that up let me say that, in a way, it wasn't. It's true that it was Ezio who asked Yusuf to protect Sofia and if it wasn't for that Yusuf probably wouldn't have died. However all the assassins were in debt to her because she helped them in a crucial matter, yes crucial. Yusuf wasn't forced to protect her just because she provided a huge help to the order but he probably should, along with the rest of the assassins. So it was also their fault Yusuf died but I guess the ones, who actually killed him, are also to blame.
I argued why the crucial matter is not so necessarily crucial, so...wont talk much here.

Really? Well maybe Ezio should have warned everyone before exploding the gunpowder or perhaps go door to door and ask people not to panic. But if people didn't panic his target wouldn't show up so, I think you should excuse Ezio for being a bit rude (not as rude as Connor though).
He should`v never used that plan in the first place, if Connor`s reckless, then eff Ezio...at least Connor was Young...that plan was pretty darn stupid (Not saying Connor`s any better) Ezio should`v scouted and investigated Manuel`s location, used a disguise and bam....Connor was reckless, but so was Ezio in that mission

ahahah...priceless.
Hmm

But it's your opinion so I respect it.
Indeed...you showed so much respect in that last comment i`m blushing

When I said Ezio never planed anything but a few missions I didn't say those few missions happened in AC2, did I? As for Connor planning missions and scouting, I could counter it in so many ways but what I don't get is why you keep excusing him (he's 22 year old...). I'm younger than Connor and I most certainly wouldn't be caught during the funeral (at least not before I killed Charles Lee) :)

Which is technically not fair since you`re comparing ALL of Ezio`s games which encompass 40 years of his life to Connor`s first game which encompasses just 20 years of his life, You can`t really counter Connor`s planning...there`s nothing to counter...He made plans and he acted on them, true they were not completely successful sometimes and getting caught in the funeral (which I agree is stupid) does not negate everything really...whine about that all you want...Ezio got caught a couple of times too and you don't see me biting and chewing on it and negating everything he did..

I`ll give you this, I do not like your tone....but, hey....obviously an Ezio fan-boy (i`m changing my tone too)

Megas_Doux
04-30-2013, 11:19 PM

Lets check at 1:00 here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI8Yc6QMk6c

No, he said to Yusuf and I quote " Could you do me a favor, and take care of this woman Sofia, the one that runs the a bookstore in the old Polo trading post". As you see, Ezio DID NOT mention either her implications with the masyaf keys nor why she was important to the order, in fact it appears that Yusuf DOES NOT know her identity.........

And then, Ezio having the keys that lead to AN APPLE OF EDEN, an important asset to the order, decided to save hi girl by accepting Ahmet´s offer, jeopardizing everything, AGAIN........He prioritized his personal matter over his duty, not that I blame him, though....

Necessary deaths.... nah just kidding. He didn't kill any citizens. He raised hell so that everyone was forced to leave including his target who, because of that, decided to show up just like Ezio planned.

Yes sure!!!!

If Ezio barely escaped, it is almost impossible that "a few" elders, children and women, so to speak, could not have done the same........ I mean, it is just a an explosion HE caused , fire and smoke all of the sudden on a closed space, easy peasy for everydody....

I like Ezio, and I am not attacking you just because, but facts, are facts.....

AssassinHMS
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Hmm Indeed...you showed so much respect in that last comment i`m blushing

I apologise if I offended you in any way. It was not my intention...

I`ll give you this, I do not like your tone....but, hey....obviously an Ezio fan-boy (i`m changing my tone too)

I'm not an Ezio fan-boy, I don't even like Ezio (that much) in the first place. I'm only saying what I think. When I say Connor didn't plan missions what I want is for the devs to realize I want an assassin who does that, I have no interest in attacking a fictional character. When I say Ezio planned a few missions (not in AC2) I don't want to glorify him, because I think that is not enough for a really good assassin, even though he wasn't as reckless as others.
What I want is for Ubisoft to make the best AC game yet. This is why I say these things, not because I hold any grudge torwards Connor or because I want to kiss Ezio's boots and, specially, I don't want to offend anyone. And I didn't change my tone.

Assassin_M
04-30-2013, 11:44 PM
I apologise if I offended you in any way. It was not my intention...

I'm not an Ezio fan-boy, I don't even like Ezio (that much) in the first place. I'm only saying what I think. When I say Connor didn't plan missions what I want is for the devs to realize I want an assassin who does that, I have no interest in attacking a fictional character. When I say Ezio planned a few missions (not in AC2) I don't want to glorify him, because I think that is not enough for a really good assassin, even though he wasn't as reckless as others.
What I want is for Ubisoft to make the best AC game yet. This is why I say these things, not because I hold any grudge torwards Connor or because I want to kiss Ezio's boots and, specially, I don't want to offend anyone. And I didn't change my tone.
I was joking:p

Man, those smilies....always clear things up xP

Anyways, i`m sure we all want a better Assassin, so far, Altair fits the criteria, lets hope they can make proper decisions in building an ASSASSIN game

AssassinHMS
04-30-2013, 11:57 PM
No, he said to Yusuf and I quote " Could you do me a favor, and take care of this woman Sofia, the one that runs the a bookstore in the old Polo trading post". As you see, Ezio DID NOT mention either her implications with the masyaf keys nor why she was important to the order, in fact it appears that Yusuf DOES NOT know her identity.........

Like I said before Ezio asked Ysuf to protect Sofia, as a friend. I agree, Yusuf doesn't appear to know who she is, but that doesn't change the fact she was vital for the order. However notice that I think Ezio was also responsible for Yusuf's death.

And then, Ezio having the keys that lead to AN APPLE OF EDEN, an important asset to the order, decided to save hi girl by accepting Ahmet´s offer, jeopardizing everything, AGAIN........He prioritized his personal matter over his duty, not that I blame him, though....

Hmm...I didn't remember that, but yes you're right. In that case Ezio made a poor choice (in terms of priority).

If Ezio barely escaped, it is almost impossible that "a few" elders, children and women, so to speak, could not have done the same........ I mean, it is just a an explosion HE caused , fire and smoke all of the sudden on a closed space, easy peasy for everydody....

I'm not sure of this but didn't Ezio had to chase and fight Manuel (his target) before escaping? If so, then there should've been enough time for the citizens to flee.

AssassinHMS
05-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Anyways, i`m sure we all want a better Assassin, so far, Altair fits the criteria, lets hope they can make proper decisions in building an ASSASSIN game

100% agreed!

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Altair and Ezio jumped into piles of hay.
Connor jumps off of cliffs into a pile of branches.
enough said

Klagermeister
05-02-2013, 04:30 AM
I really don't understand why everyone berates Connor for how he behaved in allowing himself to be caught during Haytham's funeral.

If you sit there and listen to Charles Lee's speech, he calls the assassin order a disease. A tumor to be cut out and destroyed. A group of cowards who runs and hides after performing their heinous acts, and they should hardly be considered human. He claims that he shall not rest until the assassins are brought to justice for the so-called "atrocities" they committed.
It may have been somewhat cocky, but Connor essentially spit in Charles Lee's face, completely decrying what Charles was trying to say in his speech.
"Oh, what's that? I'm a coward? Well, here I am you worthless old fool. Broad daylight. By myself. No tricks, no running, no bull. What are you going to do about it?"
Charles Lee then clearly states he WILL kill Connor, uproot the order, destroy his life and everything he holds dear, and as you can see, Connor is unfazed.
"You will try, Charles. But as with all your schemes, this too will end in failure."

In walking right up to Charles in public, allowing himself to be captured, slightly smiling as Charles yells how much he will destroy Connor's life...
"Yes, you old fool. Talk. Threaten me. Show how much power you think you have. But you have none over me. You're just a mad old crone babbling self-righteous nonsense."

He did the most mature, powerful thing he could have done in response. By just killing him there, Connor would have shown the assassins are truly as savage as Charles was claiming. By resisting, he would have shown he was violent and irrational. By responding with the pain and anger that Connor clearly deserved to feel, he would have shown how fragile and weak he was.
Yet he didn't. He was resolute, mature, sound, and understanding.. Everything he said and all his actions at that funeral showed everyone that Charles was a liar and a madman.
He made a powerful statement in favor of the Assassins. They are proud, stoic, and not quick to react. They expose the true villains for who they are, and Connor did it by simply allowing the power-crazed maniac to talk, and the crowd would see his folly and do the rest.

Assassin_M
05-02-2013, 04:51 AM
I really don't understand why everyone berates Connor for how he behaved in allowing himself to be caught during Haytham's funeral.

If you sit there and listen to Charles Lee's speech, he calls the assassin order a disease. A tumor to be cut out and destroyed. A group of cowards who runs and hides after performing their heinous acts, and they should hardly be considered human. He claims that he shall not rest until the assassins are brought to justice for the so-called "atrocities" they committed.
It may have been somewhat cocky, but Connor essentially spit in Charles Lee's face, completely decrying what Charles was trying to say in his speech.
"Oh, what's that? I'm a coward? Well, here I am you worthless old fool. Broad daylight. By myself. No tricks, no running, no bull. What are you going to do about it?"
Charles Lee then clearly states he WILL kill Connor, uproot the order, destroy his life and everything he holds dear, and as you can see, Connor is unfazed.
"You will try, Charles. But as with all your schemes, this too will end in failure."

In walking right up to Charles in public, allowing himself to be captured, slightly smiling as Charles yells how much he will destroy Connor's life...
"Yes, you old fool. Talk. Threaten me. Show how much power you think you have. But you have none over me. You're just a mad old crone babbling self-righteous nonsense."

He did the most mature, powerful thing he could have done in response. By just killing him there, Connor would have shown the assassins are truly as savage as Charles was claiming. By resisting, he would have shown he was violent and irrational. By responding with the pain and anger that Connor clearly deserved to feel, he would have shown how fragile and weak he was.
Yet he didn't. He was resolute, mature, sound, and understanding.. Everything he said and all his actions at that funeral showed everyone that Charles was a liar and a madman.
He made a powerful statement in favor of the Assassins. They are proud, stoic, and not quick to react. They expose the true villains for who they are, and Connor did it by simply allowing the power-crazed maniac to talk, and the crowd would see his folly and do the rest.
My god, man.....that`s actually a pretty compelling perspective :O

I have to say, as a Connor fan, I never saw it that way at all...I actually thought it was dumb...but you thought differently...even though I`m sure many wont agree with this. Nice points

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
^ But the flaw in all of that is that the Assassins are not meant to be a public organization; they don't run PR campaigns, they do what's necessary to stop the Templars behind the scenes, without the knowledge of the people (with the exception of a few trusted allies like Leonardo, Julius II, or Suleiman). That's part of the reason Altair was so significant; he moved the Order out of the public eye and into the shadows. And before you start accusing me of Connor-bashing, I hated this about ACB/ACR as well. "Hey, we're fighting a secret war with the Templars, so obviously we should run out into the town square and scream about it! VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!" It wasn't just Connor's fault; it was equally stupid that Lee was preaching about the Templars and Assassins in public. The whole scene was fundamentally screwed from Square 1.

I guess this all ties back into the increasing lack of stealth in the series... but come on, for a franchise that purports to cast you in the role of a secret-society member, it's been doing a godawful job of making you feel that way in the past several installments.

I-Like-Pie45
05-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Only in AC series:

when history has no mention of the day that crazy Italian woman chased the sultan's son in a carriage with some old guy flying behind her on a parachute killing guards on horses, demolishing the marketplace and other parts of Constantinople in the process.

Assassin_M
05-02-2013, 05:13 AM
^ But the flaw in all of that is that the Assassins are not meant to be a public organization; they don't run PR campaigns, they do what's necessary to stop the Templars behind the scenes, without the knowledge of the people (with the exception of a few trusted allies like Leonardo, Julius II, or Suleiman). That's part of the reason Altair was so significant; he moved the Order out of the public eye and into the shadows. And before you start accusing me of Connor-bashing, I hated this about ACB/ACR as well. "Hey, we're fighting a secret war with the Templars, so obviously we should run out into the town square and scream about it! VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!" It wasn't just Connor's fault; it was equally stupid that Lee was preaching about the Templars and Assassins in public. The whole scene was fundamentally screwed from Square 1.

I guess this all ties back into the increasing lack of stealth in the series... but come on, for a franchise that purports to cast you in the role of a secret-society member, it's been doing a godawful job of making you feel that way in the past several installments.
The people at the funeral were Templars...all of them

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 06:27 AM
The people at the funeral were Templars...all of them

I know. But they weren't exactly being subtle, were they? Waxing poetic about the struggle between the two SECRET factions, right in the middle of town, with civilians just kinda milling about. That's almost as dumb as Ezio's little stunt at the gates of Rome.

But I guess now the score is settled; both the Assassins and Templars have done something equally public and stupid :nonchalance:

Only in AC series:

when history has no mention of the day that crazy Italian woman chased the sultan's son in a carriage with some old guy flying behind her on a parachute killing guards on horses, demolishing the marketplace and other parts of Constantinople in the process.

Yeah, don't even get me started on that crap. But at least they weren't explicitly talking about the Assassin-Templar war in front of oblivious civilians. Anybody who saw the little display with the carriages wouldn't suspect either Ahmet or Ezio of being anything but batsh*t insane.

Assassin_M
05-02-2013, 06:37 AM
I know. But they weren't exactly being subtle, were they? Waxing poetic about the struggle between the two SECRET factions, right in the middle of town, with civilians just kinda milling about. That's almost as dumb as Ezio's little stunt at the gates of Rome.

But I guess now the score is settled; both the Assassins and Templars have done something equally public and stupid :nonchalance:

I wouldn't say it`s as equally dumb as brotherhood`s gate stunt, you know...at least Lee was gathering Templars in a Cemetery giving a nice little speech, not giving a warcry "WE GATHER TODAY TO MOURN THE LOSS OF A MAN OF PEERLESS VISIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, TEMPLARS RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE MO`FOKAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS"

Not to mention the public execution was pretty well made too...like...there was not a single mention of ANY Templars or Assassins....like AC II, it`s okay for AC I, both factions were public...but ACB and ACR were pushing the envelop :|

"Anyone knowing anything regarding the activities of the Assassin brotherhood" - Herald, Constantinople 1512
errrr.....what ?

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't say it`s as equally dumb as brotherhood`s gate stunt, you know...at least Lee was gathering Templars in a Cemetery giving a nice little speech, not giving a warcry "WE GATHER TODAY TO MOURN THE LOSS OF A MAN OF PEERLESS VISIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, TEMPLARS RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE MO`FOKAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS"

Not to mention the public execution was pretty well made too...like...there was not a single mention of ANY Templars or Assassins....like AC II, it`s okay for AC I, both factions were public...but ACB and ACR were pushing the envelop :|

"Anyone knowing anything regarding the activities of the Assassin brotherhood" - Herald, Constantinople 1512
errrr.....what ?

True... Hopefully it'll be a bit better in Black Flag, since Edward seems to be relatively loosely affiliated with the Assassins compared to the other three ancestors. Any misdeeds he gets involved with will probably be for his own benefit rather than the Brotherhood, so maybe that'll make things a bit less painfully obvious.

AssassinHMS
05-02-2013, 10:21 AM

He made a powerful statement in favor of the Assassins. They are proud, stoic, and not quick to react.

So you're saying the most mature attitude, as an assassin, is to expose himself, let himself be captured jeopardizing the only chance to defeat the Templars (in the colonies) just to prove Charles Lee wrong, just to answer a provocation.... wow that's the most childish attitude I could think of. That's the same as:
- (scumbag voice) I dare you to jump that cliff.
- No, I don't want to...
- You're a sissy!
- Oh yeah, then I'll jump the cliff just to prove you wrong!

Bravo!
This is an offence towards Connor. Saying that Connor cares more about looking good and making Charles Lee look bad than he cares about fulfilling his goal and protecting the human kind against the templars, is the same as calling him imature, shallow and even stupid.
Connor may be naive and reckless but he is none of the things you're saying he is.

They expose the true villains for who they are, and Connor did it by simply allowing the power-crazed maniac to talk, and the crowd would see his folly and do the rest.

The crowd would do what? Did you even play the game? The crowd did nothing. What happened was that, for "some reason", Charles Lee didn't kill Connor because, you know, he didn't take his pills, and left a few soldiers to beat Connor up. But of course not even an army can stand against Connor so he broke free, and the rest is history.

That would be a stupid reaction. And as for "What are you going to do about it", Charles could have simply killed Connor, the last active assassin in the colonies, and ensure that all the work and all the things that were precious to Connor were destroyed. An assassin does not care about what people think of him or if he is socially accepted because an assassin is not shallow, an assassin cares about doing the right thing, about standing for what he believes in even if that means he will be branded a cold blooded killer or a coward.

lothario-da-be
05-02-2013, 08:40 PM

This must be the best post ive seen in weeks.

Shahkulu101
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
It's unfair how you're singling out Connor. Altair, during his early or mid-twenties, broke all 3 tenents of the Creed. He made up for it, yes, but he still done it and was what you could call "reckless". Connor is still young; we've only seen him grow till his mid-twenties, Altair made up for his bad deeds but we seen so much more of his life. Ezio, though, in his 50's, killed inhabitants of a city to get to his target easier, when he could have tracked him down and killed him without causing mass hysteria. All the Assassins were reckless at times, which is why it is grossly unfair to single out Connor especially since we've seen so little of him compared to the other playable Assassins.

Assassin_M
05-02-2013, 09:54 PM
It's unfair how you're singling out Connor. Altair, during his early or mid-twenties, broke all 3 tenents of the Creed. He made up for it, yes, but he still done it and was what you could call "reckless". Connor is still young; we've only seen him grow till his mid-twenties, Altair made up for his bad deeds but we seen so much more of his life. Ezio, though, in his 50's, killed inhabitants of a city to get to his target easier, when he could have tracked him down and killed him without causing mass hysteria. All the Assassins were reckless at times, which is why it is grossly unfair to single out Connor especially since we've seen so little of him compared to the other playable Assassins.
Well, while all the Assassins were indeed reckless at times, (Altair broke all 3 tenants, Ezio.....A LOT OF of things) Connor had some pretty extreme moments, I thought the time he "knocked" on Hickey`s door was pretty badass, but I can see how others can call it dumb.

Shahkulu101
05-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Well, while all the Assassins were indeed reckless at times, (Altair broke all 3 tenants, Ezio.....A LOT OF of things) Connor had some pretty extreme moments, I thought the time he "knocked" on Hickey`s door was pretty badass, but I can see how others can call it dumb.

Altair charging directly at Robert De salbe was dumb, Ezio dropping the chest with the apple in it and detracting his hidden blade right infront of Rodrigo was dumb.( this is glaringly similar to connor walking straight up to Charles Lee.) Altair and Ezio weren't "perfect" Assassins and if they were the characters would be plain boring.

Assassin_M
05-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Altair charging directly at Robert De salbe was dumb, Ezio dropping the chest with the apple in it and detracting his hidden blade right infront of Rodrigo was dumb.( this is glaringly similar to connor walking straight up to Charles Lee.) Altair and Ezio weren't "perfect" Assassins and if they were the characters would be plain boring.
didn't I just say that both Altair and Ezio were sometimes reckless ?? and I never said they were perfect Assassins, I do; however, say that Ezio`s actions against Rodrigo were of lesser of extent of stupidity than Connor barging in on Hickey, not to mention that Altair`s actions and recklessness are at the start of the game and it never happens again, so while I`m not exempting Altair, Connor`s recklessness were pretty late into the game, true, during the barge on Hickey he was younger..which means that both Altair and Connor have counter arguments..Connor was young and Altair grows out of his recklessness...

Ezio caused a lot of havoc in the Vatican, BUT at least he reached Rodrigo quietly, the dumb lies in not killing him then and there and actually sparing him in the end, Altair`s case was a part of character progression. Yes, he was a reckless, careless jerkface, but all these things were pretty early in the game, now i`m not saying they do not count, i`m simply saying that Altair grows out of these actions, Connor`s case is comparable to Altair`s when he walked to Robert, in which both are equally dumb...

Shahkulu101
05-03-2013, 12:29 AM
didn't I just say that both Altair and Ezio were sometimes reckless ?? and I never said they were perfect Assassins, I do; however, say that Ezio`s actions against Rodrigo were of lesser of extent of stupidity than Connor barging in on Hickey, not to mention that Altair`s actions and recklessness are at the start of the game and it never happens again, so while I`m not exempting Altair, Connor`s recklessness were pretty late into the game, true, during the barge on Hickey he was younger..which means that both Altair and Connor have counter arguments..Connor was young and Altair grows out of his recklessness...

Ezio caused a lot of havoc in the Vatican, BUT at least he reached Rodrigo quietly, the dumb lies in not killing him then and there and actually sparing him in the end, Altair`s case was a part of character progression. Yes, he was a reckless, careless jerkface, but all these things were pretty early in the game, now i`m not saying they do not count, i`m simply saying that Altair grows out of
these actions, Connor`s case is comparable to Altair`s when he walked to Robert, in which both are equally dumb...

Oh I agree with your point. The last bit was aimed at people that complain about how Connor is apparently not a good Assassin just because he has flaws when clearly all of them did, you could argue that each was as bad as each other. I just get annoyed about all the comletely bias criticism towards Connor. And just for the record, my favourite character is actually Ezio.

Assassin_M
05-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Oh I agree with your point. The last bit was aimed at people that complain about how Connor is apparently not a good Assassin just because he has flaws when clearly all of them did, you could argue that each was as bad as each other. I just get annoyed about all the comletely bias criticism towards Connor. And just for the record, my favourite character is actually Ezio.
Sorry for the confusion then xD I thought you had a problem with my post so I wanted to clear things up...anyway, with Edward coming, i`m pretty sure the previous Assassins are gonna seem like angels xP

Shahkulu101
05-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Sorry for the confusion then xD I thought you had a problem with my post so I wanted to clear things up...anyway, with Edward coming, i`m pretty sure the previous Assassins are gonna seem like angels xP

No worries...kinda my fault :P And yeah looking forward to playing as Edward, but I get the feeling that alot of people will be unhappy because he seems like he is going to be more distant from Assassin's than ever before with the whole pirate thing.

Assassin_M
05-03-2013, 01:09 AM
No worries...kinda my fault :P And yeah looking forward to playing as Edward, but I get the feeling that alot of people will be unhappy because he seems like he is going to be more distant from Assassin's than ever before with the whole pirate thing.
Oh yeah this whole silly "Oh piratez arent azzazzins" crap -_-

They seem to forget that their favorite game, AC II, had Thieves, *****s and mercenaries as Assassins -_-

Being distant from the order is a plot theme....it has ample opportunity for progression and complexion....some people just don't know what they`re talking about

i`m not buying that game, though <_<

montagemik
05-03-2013, 01:22 AM
So you're saying the most mature attitude, as an assassin, is to expose himself, let himself be captured jeopardizing the only chance to defeat the Templars (in the colonies) just to prove Charles Lee wrong, just to answer a provocation.... wow that's the most childish attitude I could think of. That's the same as:
- (scumbag voice) I dare you to jump that cliff.
- No, I don't want to...
- You're a sissy!
- Oh yeah, then I'll jump the cliff just to prove you wrong!

Bravo!
This is an offence towards Connor. Saying that Connor cares more about looking good and making Charles Lee look bad than he cares about fulfilling his goal and protecting the human kind against the templars, is the same as calling him imature, shallow and even stupid.
Connor may be naive and reckless but he is none of the things you're saying he is.

QUOTE SNIPPED

Sorry HMS - But klagermeister 'called Connor none of those things' - You alone implied those traits in your own interpretation of his post .
If you enjoy being wrong go ahead - you're doing just fine .......................But no need to put words in others mouths to validate your arguement.

At the time of the Funeral ........
Lee & the Templar's influence was finished in the colonies for the time being & Connor had firmly established the beginnings of the new Assassin order / recruits .
His primary role as an Assassin was done - The Order re-established & it's honour restored -
The main task that remained for Connor at this point was the honour of his mother & people .....................His war-paint signifies he is prepared for death if that's the outcome of his final confrontation.
Being discovered by lee's men was nothing to fear - Lee would want to kill Connor personally - UP CLOSE
If Lee killed Connor outright while having Connor restrained - Connor has no shame in death.
Connor is established in the eyes of the people as a folk hero to many after the liberation of Boston / NY - If killed by Lee he'd become a martyr of sorts with the ideals he stood for only strengthened by his death , Connor's recruits would hunt down & finish Lee.

By facing this situation in a calm manner throughout he shows the true nobility of both his people & the Assassin order he stands for - Not as some revenge crazed native or some cold blooded Assassin murderer.

Connor's actions are resolute , Not irrational , naive , Childish ........- He fully realises In more ways than one he has nothing further to lose & little more to gain other than Lee's death .
& If you actually think about the story - that's an extremely mature attitude to have under Connor's circumstances.

& you ask if Klagermeister has even played this game ............I'd say he certainly has & seems to have understood Connor's character a little better than you .

Shahkulu101
05-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Oh yeah this whole silly "Oh piratez arent azzazzins" crap -_-

They seem to forget that their favorite game, AC II, had Thieves, *****s and mercenaries as Assassins -_-

Being distant from the order is a plot theme....it has ample opportunity for progression and complexion....some people just don't know what they`re talking about

i`m not buying that game, though <_<

You aren't getting Black Flag, why? Thought you were a really big fan xD

LoyalACFan
05-03-2013, 03:44 AM
You aren't getting Black Flag, why? Thought you were a really big fan xD

Because he thinks Edward is too similar to his arch-nemesis Ezio :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
05-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Because he thinks Edward is too similar to his arch-nemesis Ezio :rolleyes:
2+2-309940985.57848*0= The answer to that, if sightly altered, sounds french (i`m fancy like that)

LoyalACFan
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
2+2-309940985.57848*0= The answer to that, if sightly altered, sounds french (i`m fancy like that)

Dammit, the one romance language I never took a class in... :nonchalance:

TheHumanTowel
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
*Gasp* an expert on the Watch isn't getting the game. Doesn't sound like dedicated fan behaviour to me. >_>

LoyalACFan
05-03-2013, 10:45 AM
*Gasp* an expert on the Watch isn't getting the game. Doesn't sound like dedicated fan behaviour to me. >_>

I thought you had to preorder the game to even access the Watch? Or am I making that up?

montagemik
05-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I thought you had to preorder the game to even access the Watch? Or am I making that up?

THAT IS what ubisoft officials told the general public . Wether you believe that statement is up to you . ;)

In reality -
Submit enough AC related content from across the internet , doesn't even have to be your own work - Something Ubisoft can use as content on 'The Watch' site or share around other media sites ..................And then you're IN .

It's more how much your participation promotes the AC franchise rather than did you buy every product since AC 1 . Dedication - dependant on Ubisoft's translation. .

warner4692
05-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Between just the three, Ezio.

Shahkulu101
05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Edward is similar to Ezio? What? We haven't heard the guy speak yet lol. The only similarity is that they both sleep with lots of women and thats kind of a pirate thing is it not? Are you somehow scared he'll be a clichéd protagonist, an easy way to steer clear from mixed receptions for unique characters like Connor? I slightly got that impression from the trailer, but I shall wait to play the game.

And Darby Mcdevitt's interviews certainly make him sound a compelling, conflicted character who is not one-sided and steroetyped.

AssassinHMS
05-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Sorry HMS - But klagermeister 'called Connor none of those things' - You alone implied those traits in your own interpretation of his post .
If you enjoy being wrong go ahead - you're doing just fine .......................But no need to put words in others mouths to validate your arguement.

I didn’t put words in others mouths I simply followed his line of thought. Let’s see if you’re smart enough to understand this…

He said that Connor let himself be captured simply to contradict what Charles Lee said:

Everything he said and all his actions at that funeral showed everyone that Charles was a liar and a madman.

According to him, Connor’s goal was to show people Charles Lee was wrong when saying the assassins were cowards:

So the only reason Connor let himself get caught was because he didn’t want people to believe Charles Lee, he didn’t want people to think the assassins were cowards and committed atrocious crimes, what he wanted was to “spit in Charles Lee’s face”. (Notice that I’m not saying anything that he didn’t say in the first place.)

Now let’s understand what this means: This means Connor exposed himself in the funeral to answer a provocation. Get it?
(So montagemikave, were you able to understand and follow this line of thought so far? Good for you.)

At the time of the Funeral ........
Lee & the Templar's influence was finished in the colonies for the time being & Connor had firmly established the beginnings of the new Assassin order / recruits .
His primary role as an Assassin was done - The Order re-established & it's honour restored -
The main task that remained for Connor at this point was the honour of his mother & people .....................His war-paint signifies he is prepared for death if that's the outcome of his final confrontation.
Being discovered by lee's men was nothing to fear - Lee would want to kill Connor personally - UP CLOSE
If Lee killed Connor outright while having Connor restrained - Connor has no shame in death.
Connor is established in the eyes of the people as a folk hero to many after the liberation of Boston / NY - If killed by Lee he'd become a martyr of sorts with the ideals he stood for only strengthened by his death , Connor's recruits would hunt down & finish Lee.

By facing this situation in a calm manner throughout he shows the true nobility of both his people & the Assassin order he stands for - Not as some revenge crazed native or some cold blooded Assassin murderer.

Connor's actions are resolute , Not irrational , naive , Childish ........- He fully realises In more ways than one he has nothing further to lose & little more to gain other than Lee's death .
& If you actually think about the story - that's an extremely mature attitude to have under Connor's circumstances.

& you ask if Klagermeister has even played this game ............I'd say he certainly has & seems to have understood Connor's character a little better than you .

But if Connor was caught what could happen? He could die. What would that mean? It means Charles Lee would still be alive. But isn’t he a threat? Like Achilles said: “So long as Charles Lee lives all are in danger” but you say he wasn’t a real threat as the recruits would simply kill him if Connor failed… Maybe you know more than Achilles? And as for Connor being consider a martyr let me tell you that most people don’t think for themselves, they are given thoughts and build upon them even if they are lies. How do you know the recruits were enough to finish Charles? How do you know that Charles didn’t have another card up his sleeve? Do you think the Templars would give up the colonies that easily? Couldn’t they dispatch agents to help Charles recovering the piece of Eden and finishing the remaining recruits?

Now we know that by answering this provocation Connor would jeopardize the chance of defeating the Templars in the colonies.

So let’s piece the information gathered…
According to him, Connor exposed himself (like Altair did when he faced Robert the first time). For what? To answer a provocation.
When someone compromises other people or valuable things (whether material or not) just because he didn’t like the things he heard or his pride and ego were too high means, at least, three things:
-He is childish, since he doesn’t have the maturity to understand what is more important;
-He is shallow because what matters more, to him, are not his actions but what people think about his actions, since he chose to clear his name instead of acting like an assassin and ending the threat;
-He’s probably stupid because one of the definitions of being stupid is :” Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes”.

See? I didn’t put any words in his mouth; I simply said the meaning of his words.

(If you have successfully followed this line of thought congrats! If not, I’d suggest you try to read it again but slower…)

In my opinion Connor didn't attend the funeral to spit in Charles Lees' face. I think Connor is more mature than that. Besides Connor is not cocky or a proud fool that would compromise the assassins just because he didn't like the things Charles' said.

Farlander1991
05-03-2013, 02:50 PM
While I do think that the Klagermeister's interpretation is interesting, I still find the 'Connor is broken because of the death of his friend, dad, mentor, betrayal of those he supported and rejection of his people and doesn't give a **** anymore and is just out there for one last thing he has to do' interpretation to be more plausible, and relatable. I'm not as hotheaded as Connor, but I think that even I would do exactly what he did in his situation.

montagemik
05-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I didn’t put words in others mouths I simply followed his line of thought. Let’s see if you’re smart enough to understand this…

He said that Connor let himself be captured simply to contradict what Charles Lee said:

According to him, Connor’s goal was to show people Charles Lee was wrong when saying the assassins were cowards:

So the only reason Connor let himself get caught was because he didn’t want people to believe Charles Lee, he didn’t want people to think the assassins were cowards and committed atrocious crimes, what he wanted was to “spit in Charles Lee’s face”. (Notice that I’m not saying anything that he didn’t say in the first place.)

Now let’s understand what this means: This means Connor exposed himself in the funeral to answer a provocation. Get it?
(So montagemikave, were you able to understand and follow this line of thought so far? Good for you.)

But if Connor was caught what could happen? He could die. What would that mean? It means Charles Lee would still be alive. But isn’t he a threat? Like Achilles said: “So long as Charles Lee lives all are in danger” but you say he wasn’t a real threat as the recruits would simply kill him if Connor failed… Maybe you know more than Achilles? And as for Connor being consider a martyr let me tell you that most people don’t think for themselves, they are given thoughts and build upon them even if they are lies. How do you know the recruits were enough to finish Charles? How do you know that Charles didn’t have another card up his sleeve? Do you think the Templars would give up the colonies that easily? Couldn’t they dispatch agents to help Charles recovering the piece of Eden and finishing the remaining recruits?

Now we know that by answering this provocation Connor would jeopardize the chance of defeating the Templars in the colonies.

So let’s piece the information gathered…
According to him, Connor exposed himself (like Altair did when he faced Robert the first time). For what? To answer a provocation.
When someone compromises other people or valuable things (whether material or not) just because he didn’t like the things he heard or his pride and ego were too high means, at least, three things:
-He is childish, since he doesn’t have the maturity to understand what is more important;
-He is shallow because what matters more, to him, are not his actions but what people think about his actions, since he chose to clear his name instead of acting like an assassin and ending the threat;
-He’s probably stupid because one of the definitions of being stupid is :” Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes”.

See? I didn’t put any words in his mouth; I simply said the meaning of his words.

(If you have successfully followed this line of thought congrats! If not, I’d suggest you try to read it again but slower…)

In my opinion Connor didn't attend the funeral to spit in Charles Lees' face. I think Connor is more mature than that. Besides Connor is not cocky or a proud fool that would compromise the assassins just because he didn't like the things Charles' said.

So you completely disregard Klagermeisters interpretation of the situation & completely ignore my explanation of the situation & motives .....................
ALL so you can stick to your own conclusion of "Connor's childish - Connor's shallow - Connor disregards the Assassin order" . YOU completely misunderstand 'the meaning' of Klagermeister's words.

Everything Klagermeister & i have explained shows Connor's intentions , reasoning & ultimately that Connor had already accomplished everything he needed to uphold the honour & continuation of the Assassin order.
Haytham already stated Lee was finished in the colonies - Lee himself was no real direct threat to the colonies from then on ............. Using Achilles warning about Lee from a previous point in the story is a VOID arguement - the severity of any potential threat was already undermined at this point in the story .
Future templar threats would be dealt with by the recruits & new assassin order Connor has established. ( do we not send recruits alone to liberate other cities already )

Connor's confrontation with Lee was neither stupid / childish or arrogant ................
It was a final resolute decision . Even if he personally failed against Lee - The Assassin order has already ultimately won.

I have no problem understanding Connor or his motives -
But reading your interpretation 'even very slowly' bares little relevance or explanation to the events in question depicted in game for me - your view is far too simplistic & ignores /diregards many elements that lead to this moment & Connor's actions. Sorry .

ConnorIsBest
04-06-2014, 11:07 AM
If we are talking about hidden blade against hidden blade or fist fight, Altair would mop the floor with both Connor AND Ezio.
have you seen how strong, agile and overall badass Connor is??? He would probably deck Altair and Ezio before either of them could draw there hidden blades. They would just be a pile of bloody, mangled and broken bones lying on the floor. Connor is the ultimate killing machine. He would be dancing circles around them, tiring them out, doing nothing but parrying their blows; then suddenly he would go in for the killer blows when Altair and Ezio least expect it and they would both be dead in a matter of seconds.

ConnorIsBest
04-06-2014, 11:13 AM
In case you missed it, It wasn't Achilles or another assassin that saved Connor from being hanged, it was his father Haythem who shot the hangman's noose, and Haythem happens to be a Templar.

ConnorIsBest
04-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I am sorry, but Altair was the worst assassin, and then Connor needs other people to save him. Ezio is the best because he can actually fight on his own and is just as wise as Altair.
ezio relied on everyone else to do everything for him apart from the actual assassination

ConnorIsBest
04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
To answer this question properly, we first have to put things into perspective. Ezio and Connor are able to do more than Altair because their featured stories took place as sequels to the first AC. As such, the devs allowed the combat to develop far past the initial fighting system, not to mention each successive ancestor has appeared to be more talented than the last as a result of that progression. It appeared as if Ezio was on a different level from Altair, but when ACR came out we saw they were both on tantamount ground in terms of fighting capability, since they both were able to perform the same techniques and takedowns. Baring this in mind, it is confirmed that whatever Connor has been shown to do, Ezio most likely would be able to duplicate it, as well as Altair.

For instance, just because tree-climbing was not featured in ACII and ACB and ACR doesn't mean that Ezio isn't strong enough or capable enough to climb trees. In fact, it might even be easier for him than climbing buildings.The same goes for Altair. Whatever skill Connor has shown to be able to perform Altair and Ezio could probably duplicate it because of what we are shown in ACR concerning Ezio and Altair's similar abilities, and how Altair seemed to be brought up to speed regarding the newly endowed abilities of Ezio. The devs seemed to want to get the idea across that both Altair and Ezio are so skilled in ability that they are really equal.

With that in mind, I find it really impossible to determine who is better. If they made a new game and went back to Altair or Ezio, I guarantee you both would be able to climb trees. Not to mention, with the new combat system, Ezio and Altair would be able to do most of what Connor is able to do if a new game was made with them. As skilled as Altair and Ezio are, both should be able to dual wield. The only reason, and I mean the only reason we weren't able to dual wield weapons with them in AC1 thru ACR, was because the idea had not been introduced and taken advantage of.

For your information: climbing trees, and tree parkour/tree navigation are very different, even someone who has never done normal parkour could climb a tree, heck, my 7 year old brother who cries when someone taps him could climb a tree. But Ezio would fail if he tried to do tree parkour/ navigate the trees like Connor does because, unlike Connor, Ezio wasnt brought up in a smallish village where they spend hours in the woods, hunting and playing games, and if he tried to dual wield he would also fail because he never got practice. It takes ages and dedication to develop the skills that Connor has, but Ezio spent that 40+ years trying to kill 38 templars, Altair could have done that in 2 years max, Connor would have taken about 5 years to do it, only because he is the youngest protagonist we've had so far, and the templars he faces have technology that is more advanced than swords and whatnot, but he is also far more skilled than both Altair and Ezio.

marvelfannumber
04-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I'll honestly have to go with Ezio here, not only because we played as him the most, but because we also got to know alot about his life compared to other assassins, thus giving him the most character development. To me he was always the most fun to play as (his AC2 outfit is also my favorite assassin outfit personally, dissapointed Ubi always favor his brotherhood outfit). Especially when comparing him the the other assassins, Altair was an unlikeable ***hole, Connor was extremely dull and uninteresting and Edward was a pirate dressed up as an assassin who I only began to like at the very end of the game.

So to me there is not much of a comparison.

ConnorIsBest
04-06-2014, 12:16 PM

For your information: climbing trees, and tree parkour/tree navigation are very different, even someone who has never done normal parkour could climb a tree, heck, my 7 year old brother who cries when someone taps him could climb a tree. But Ezio would fail if he tried to do tree parkour/ navigate the trees like Connor does because, unlike Connor, Ezio wasnt brought up in a smallish village where they spend hours in the woods, hunting and playing games, and if he tried to dual wield he would also fail because he never got practice. It takes ages and dedication to develop the skills that Connor has, but Ezio spent that 40+ years trying to kill 38 templars, Altair could have done that in 2 years max, Connor would have taken about 5 years to do it, only because he is the youngest protagonist we've had so far, and the templars he faces have technology that is more advanced than swords and whatnot, but he is also far more skilled than both Altair and Ezio.

ConnorIsBest
04-06-2014, 12:35 PM
For your information: if you were to compare the trailers of AC: Revelations and AC 3, both Ezio and Connor are doing awesome skills and fighting. But what is the big difference between the 2 armies that they are facing alone??? the technology they are using. Yes Ezio is facing allot of soldiers, but he fails. He gets his hidden blade cut in half, and then he gets captured, and all the opposing soldiers were using swords and bows and crossbows. But then you watch the AC 3 trailer. You see Connor taking on the British army. Connor is using his pivot blade, tomahawk, his brute strength and his bow and arrows. What is the British army using. Muskets with bayonets. Connor doesn't get hit by a single bullet or stabbed by a single bayonet. He also gets through hundreds of soldiers, kills a British general and inspires the colonial Americans who were losing the battle, to carry on fighting. Only a person of extreme skill could pull that off with a technology disadvantage, and that is something Ezio just couldn't do.

PS: If it wasn't for Connor, the colonial Americans would have never won the revolution because George Washington would have been killed, the Americans would have been without a leader and would have lost hope.

Aphex_Tim
04-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Dude, welcome to the forums, but please stop multi-posting!

Pr0metheus 1962
04-06-2014, 12:56 PM
have you seen how strong, agile and overall badass Connor is???

What is this love affair people have with Connor? Sure, he's strong - he's about 50 pounds overweight - all he has to do is use that mass to crush people. Sure, he's very agile indeed, considering how much extra weight he's carrying. Badass? Sorry, but no. Connor is an overweight whiny brat. Maybe he'd beat Altair, but only if the duel was confined to whining (at which both are experts). If Connor met Ezio in combat, Ezio would dispatch Connor before the latter had even started to shift his gargantuan lardass. Then we'd have to listen to Connor whine on about how life's not fair for 20 minutes in the obligatory death cut-scene.

The idea that Connor could be an assassin is laughable. He's a fat whiny jerk. Watching him drag his corpulent body up a tree would be funny if it weren't so sad and embarrassing. I wish his dad had killed him when he was a kid when he had the chance. If he had, Assassin's Creed III would have been a far better game with Haytham Kenway - a really charismatic character and a true badass. As it is, AC3 is the worst of the series by far, because Connor never stops whimpering and being a total fricken loser. Case in point - his whole goal is to save his people. But what does Connor actually do to save his people? Absolutely nothing, because he's completely useless, and by the end of the game they are all gone. So Connor whines about it, because everyone else is to blame. The world is so mean to poor little Connor.

Connor is indeed best - at two things: Whining and overeating. If there was a competition for whining, for pounding down the 18th Century equivalent of the hamburger, or for being the fattest assassin, he'd win hands down. In my opinion, the only folks who could like Connor are angst-ridden teenagers, because to them, he seems downright lighthearted.

Locopells
04-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Wow... That's some serious hate there, dud...

Dude, welcome to the forums, but please stop multi-posting!

I don't think that's their first account...

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 02:36 PM
What is this love affair people have with Connor? Sure, he's strong - he's about 50 pounds overweight - all he has to do is use that mass to crush people. Sure, he's very agile indeed, considering how much extra weight he's carrying. Badass? Sorry, but no. Connor is an overweight whiny brat. Maybe he'd beat Altair, but only if the duel was confined to whining (at which both are experts). If Connor met Ezio in combat, Ezio would dispatch Connor before the latter had even started to shift his gargantuan lardass. Then we'd have to listen to Connor whine on about how life's not fair for 20 minutes in the obligatory death cut-scene.

The idea that Connor could be an assassin is laughable. He's a fat whiny jerk. Watching him drag his corpulent body up a tree would be funny if it weren't so sad and embarrassing. I wish his dad had killed him when he was a kid when he had the chance. If he had, Assassin's Creed III would have been a far better game with Haytham Kenway - a really charismatic character and a true badass. As it is, AC3 is the worst of the series by far, because Connor never stops whimpering and being a total fricken loser. Case in point - his whole goal is to save his people, but by the end of the game they are all gone. What does Connor do to save his people? Absolutely nothing. Then he whines about it, because everyone else is to blame. The world is so mean to poor little Connor.

Connor is indeed best at two things: Whining and overeating. If there was a competition for whining, for pounding down the 18th Century equivalent of the hamburger, or for being the fattest assassin, he'd win hands down. In my opinion, the only folks who could like Connor are angst-ridden teenagers, because to them, he seems downright lighthearted.

Is this post for real?

Pr0metheus 1962
04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Is this post for real?

What, you disagree? The guy is like the 18th Century Assassin version of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford. The only thing Connor is lacking is the fricken crack pipe. Maybe if Connor had some crack, he'd be less of a downer, though it would probably make him even more of a loser (if that's possible).

Assassin_M
04-06-2014, 03:13 PM

The idea that Connor could be an assassin is laughable. He's a fat whiny jerk. Watching him drag his corpulent body up a tree would be funny if it weren't so sad and embarrassing. I wish his dad had killed him when he was a kid when he had the chance. If he had, Assassin's Creed III would have been a far better game with Haytham Kenway - a really charismatic character and a true badass. As it is, AC3 is the worst of the series by far, because Connor never stops whimpering and being a total fricken loser. Case in point - his whole goal is to save his people. But what does Connor actually do to save his people? Absolutely nothing, because he's completely useless, and by the end of the game they are all gone. So Connor whines about it, because everyone else is to blame. The world is so mean to poor little Connor.

Connor is indeed best - at two things: Whining and overeating. If there was a competition for whining, for pounding down the 18th Century equivalent of the hamburger, or for being the fattest assassin, he'd win hands down. In my opinion, the only folks who could like Connor are angst-ridden teenagers, because to them, he seems downright lighthearted.
Did you soil your pants typing this? or did you type this because you soiled your pants this morning? hmm..

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 03:20 PM

I haven't laughed so hard in so long

Assassin_M
04-06-2014, 03:23 PM
You know what I hate more than overly attached fanboys/girls? is overly attached fanboys/girls naming their accounts "favorite character's name"IsBest :|