PDA

View Full Version : Backscatter?

ColdChilln88
06-25-2012, 03:54 AM
im approachin level 40 rifleman anyone got any advice on which i should should choose, the incendiary or the backscatter, i really have no idea which is more useful

XDerpyromaneX
06-25-2012, 04:35 AM
It all comes down to what you use more, and your play style. The backscatter optic allows you to see through walls up to a certain range. While the incendiary ammo is for the lmgs only, you'll be setting people on fire.

HEAT_HTX40
06-25-2012, 04:44 AM
if you've played the SP ...then you know what "magnetic" view is.

It's a watered down version of that, and I tried it, but not my cup of tea, you'd have better luck burning someone to death than to use the back scatter IMHO.

Shazbot4
06-25-2012, 04:47 AM
do not i repeat do not use the backscatter. that thing is utter crap. first of all you can't shoot through walls, second it's a narrow sniper scope view. and thirdly due to it's nature it's impossible to actually see people in the open at long ranges, example on pipeline if your looking from one balcony to the other it wont show the bad guys when they pop out from cover to fire.

mattjestic1
06-25-2012, 05:48 AM
1....incendiary ammo is very good on LMGs, because of the fact that you can suppress and burn them a little at the same time.

2....backscatter scope is simply a GAME-CHANGER. while there are a few draw backs, you'll notice that it gives you a major advantage. lets look at the pros and cons.

PROS...
-can see through smoke up to medium range
-can see through walls up to medium range
-because you can see through walls and other materials, when someone is running around a corner you can time your shot
-its almost like a cheap sensor grenade in your scope
-it gives you an advantage in cover vs cover gunfights, or even if you aren't in cover and he is.
-slightly less recoil noticed when ADS, kind of like COD's thermal sight.

CONS...
-at long range you can barely, if at all, see anybody.
-it is an equal to 4x zoom, which can be strange to use to look around corners in close quarters.

being able to know where your enemy is before he knows where you are is always a huge advantage. it gives the riflemen some tech. that feels like an advantage an engineer would normally benefit from. engineers have their sensors and UAV's, scouts have their OTR scanner, and riflemen have the backscatter..except backscatter doesn't relay enemy positions to the whole team.

the backscatter scope is best used on an assault rifle. I run it on my a-91 and tar-21. since those assault rifles are bullpup, i can add silencers withough making a huge gun profile sticking out of cover. so often i see them around cover and they may not see me, if they do it's not because my gun barrel is sticking out. so i am able to calculate my stealthy approach with the backscatter. also combo stealth with smoke grenades, and i can move without being seen yet see my enemy. grenade launchers also benefit from being able to see through cover, so you can flush them out.

backscatter allows you to do so much in every phase of the game, while incendiaries only helps you kill, which armor piercing and standard ammo both kill faster than anyways, but incendiaries are still very nice ammunition, but it only helps you in the killing phase and gives you no clear advantage over other ammunition.

Kahuna Cowboy
06-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah, backscatter is trash, it eliminates your field of view from medium to long ranges which on an assault rifle is pointless.

Now the incendiary, if you use the LMG's that is some funny stuff to hear them all screaming from fire when they die. lol

ColdChilln88
06-25-2012, 06:02 AM
1....incendiary ammo is very good on LMGs, because of the fact that you can suppress and burn them a little at the same time.

2....backscatter scope is simply a GAME-CHANGER. while there are a few draw backs, you'll notice that it gives you a major advantage. lets look at the pros and cons.

PROS...
-can see through smoke up to medium range
-can see through walls up to medium range
-because you can see through walls and other materials, when someone is running around a corner you can time your shot
-its almost like a cheap sensor grenade in your scope
-it gives you an advantage in cover vs cover gunfights, or even if you aren't in cover and he is.
-slightly less recoil noticed when ADS, kind of like COD's thermal sight.

CONS...
-at long range you can barely, if at all, see anybody.
-it is an equal to 4x zoom, which can be strange to use to look around corners in close quarters.

being able to know where your enemy is before he knows where you are is always a huge advantage. it gives the riflemen some tech. that feels like an advantage an engineer would normally benefit from. engineers have their sensors and UAV's, scouts have their OTR scanner, and riflemen have the backscatter..except backscatter doesn't relay enemy positions to the whole team.

the backscatter scope is best used on an assault rifle. I run it on my a-91 and tar-21. since those assault rifles are bullpup, i can add silencers withough making a huge gun profile sticking out of cover. so often i see them around cover and they may not see me, if they do it's not because my gun barrel is sticking out. so i am able to calculate my stealthy approach with the backscatter. also combo stealth with smoke grenades, and i can move without being seen yet see my enemy. grenade launchers also benefit from being able to see through cover, so you can flush them out.

backscatter allows you to do so much in every phase of the game, while incendiaries only helps you kill, which armor piercing and standard ammo both kill faster than anyways, but incendiaries are still very nice ammunition, but it only helps you in the killing phase and gives you no clear advantage over other ammunition.

you win man, that was some good analyzin right there, i appreciate a well informed answer and i gotta say the backscatter seems like the better option

Bolo Vic
06-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Backscatter is completely not the better option! You can't see ANYTHING past 10 meters and the only time you see anything in ADS is if you are looking through a THIN wall, which there aren't many of. Seriously iron sights are better than it. The only time backscatter works is in extreme close ranges and if your enemy is behind a wall. It's way more of a hinderance than anything. Incendiary ammo is the better choice. Not only can you suppress and burn enemies, but while you are suppressing them you can shoot the ground around them so they get burned if they try and escape. It's good for building temporary fire barriers to filter enemies in to choke points.

ColdChilln88
06-25-2012, 06:37 AM
Backscatter is completely not the better option! You can't see ANYTHING past 10 meters and the only time you see anything in ADS is if you are looking through a THIN wall, which there aren't many of. Seriously iron sights are better than it. The only time backscatter works is in extreme close ranges and if your enemy is behind a wall. It's way more of a hinderance than anything. Incendiary ammo is the better choice. Not only can you suppress and burn enemies, but while you are suppressing them you can shoot the ground around them so they get burned if they try and escape. It's good for building temporary fire barriers to filter enemies in to choke points.

i guess it depends on play style i for one prefer assault rifles over lmg's so i guess thats my choice right there

HEAT_HTX40
06-25-2012, 06:41 AM
lol yeah pick that...

Just make sure you're never on my team.

Good luck.

(save a respect token, you'll need it)

ColdChilln88
06-25-2012, 06:43 AM
well seeing as how i dont use lmg's what good is incendiary when i think about it, it can only be used like someone said on them, and there is no need to respec once you get to level 50 which i am only 10 levels from so yeah, thanks for being insulting

RaZaK521
06-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Honestly brother it depends on if you are a LMG or assault rifle type player since you can't use the Incendiary ammo with the rifles.

Chaos Isaac
06-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Since incendiary is only for LMG's the backscatter optic is a good choice for riflemen guys that don't bother with the LMG's. Besides, never know when looking through walls'll be helpful, even if you don't use it much.

RaZaK521
06-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Since incendiary is only for LMG's the backscatter optic is a good choice for riflemen guys that don't bother with the LMG's. Besides, never know when looking through walls'll be helpful, even if you don't use it much.

Well put, if he doesn't use LMG at all then its pointless to get the ammo.

WombatT6
06-25-2012, 08:12 AM
you win man, that was some good analyzin right there, i appreciate a well informed answer and i gotta say the backscatter seems like the better option

Pick it if you want it, but I guarantee you'll hardly ever use it. If you ever do.

mattjestic1
06-25-2012, 10:59 AM

you are very right about the incendiary, but very wrong about the backscatter. if you used it on the firing range, those targets are cardboard and only the close ones you can see. in an actual game, you can see these guys clearly up to 40 meters...of course they are a bit harder to see as they approach 40 meters, but you can still see their profile. that's why i recommended making a CQC assault platform for it. i always have good games with the backscatter...the only bad game i had with it, was when i got too comfortable owning people with it, and got lazy.

mattjestic1
06-25-2012, 11:04 AM
because i can see through a lot of materials, Iv'e also shot people through windows of cars....this might be common for snipers, but not for assault rifles. i can't even begin to tell you how useful it is for defending when you can see guys running around the corner and you light them up before they even see you....even if they came back for some more, you've still hold a massive advantage. even if they knew where you were it wouldn't make a difference. when you face someone in cover and you aren't, you can't tell when they are going to come out of cover and how they are going to come out of cover. with the backscatter you can see if they turn to the left or right, crouch or stand, so when you see them flinch you can start shooting.....BANG HEADSHOT. killed so many people with headshots like this.

WombatT6
06-25-2012, 11:10 AM
because i can see through a lot of materials, Iv'e also shot people through windows of cars....this might be common for snipers, but not for assault rifles. i can't even begin to tell you how useful it is for defending when you can see guys running around the corner and you light them up before they even see you....even if they came back for some more, you've still hold a massive advantage.

It's pretty common for anything with any optic on it really. Shooting people through windows is one of the easier obstacles. This guy shot me through like 5 sets of train wheels on Harbor earlier tonight.

mattjestic1
06-25-2012, 11:23 AM
i must also say, I play with both assault rifles and LMG's.... RPK is my most effective weapon. i used a respec token to go back and get the exacto ammo and replace my OTR scanner. i'm going to have to use another respec token to get my OTR scanner back. exacto ammo is good, but anything that can gives or prevents intel, or allows you to see through things is more important since this is a cover based game. you also get a bunch of points for assists in this game compared to any other shooter, so it helps you level up faster.

mattjestic1
06-25-2012, 11:29 AM
It's pretty common for anything with any optic on it really. Shooting people through windows is one of the easier obstacles. This guy shot me through like 5 sets of train wheels on Harbor earlier tonight.

getting shot through windows and under cars is very common, especially on overpass, but i meant car windows. car windows have seats and depending on the angle, the frame is in the way. its more difficult. i haven't done it much or seen it done to me much, but i'm only one guy. so if you've seen it done quite a bit i guess so. its just that the backscatter paints everything in 2 colors, so the elements and other obstacles don't confuse you. its easier to to make those shots within the scopes effective range is what i was implying.

HEAT_HTX40
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
well seeing as how i dont use lmg's what good is incendiary when i think about it, it can only be used like someone said on them, and there is no need to respec once you get to level 50 which i am only 10 levels from so yeah, thanks for being insulting

You're welcome!

Because the last thing I want is the rifleman on my team to act like some dumbazz and sit there trying to snipe and be a scout because he heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy on the forums that he could shoot his rifles across the map for ultimate pwnagez!

oh btw...morons you can only see through THIN walls with the backscatter....not all walls...

and you're 10 lvls from 50? wow bro my bad...you pwn! want a cookie? :|

Bolo Vic
06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
you are very right about the incendiary, but very wrong about the backscatter. if you used it on the firing range, those targets are cardboard and only the close ones you can see. in an actual game, you can see these guys clearly up to 40 meters...of course they are a bit harder to see as they approach 40 meters, but you can still see their profile. that's why i recommended making a CQC assault platform for it. i always have good games with the backscatter...the only bad game i had with it, was when i got too comfortable owning people with it, and got lazy.

I used it for 2 matches and respec tokened it. You LITERALLY can't see anything past 10 meters. In order to use the backscatter effectively, either you or the enemy have to be behind a wall, which means you are probably camping for kills at a certain point and not going for the objective. If I'm running at you in the WIDE OPEN while you are in scope view, you will not see me, and in order for you to see me, it means you were ADS at a wall, which means I have the advantage because you will have to get out of ADS, turn to face me, and then shoot. If you were using a red dot sight you could see me plain as day AND other enemies across the map and just ADS and kill me without having to take EXTRA steps. You help your team more not using the backscatter. Truth be told, both decisions at lv.40 aren't that good, but at least incendiary ammo is useful.

Kamakaze Taco
06-25-2012, 05:36 PM
It says thin walls, and it means THIN. As in both you and the other person are on opposite sides of one of those half height walls on Pipeline, you could see him through the wall. That's about it really. There's not a lot of rooms in this game, there's mostly thick walls and corners and you can't see through those or even at any sort of distance. All that's going to happen is you'll try to scope in on someone far away, because that's really the only time you need a scope, and realize you can't even see them then get killed by them because they have a normal scope

The incendiary ammo isn't all that good either. The rare time I roll with an LMG I prefer the armor piercing anyway. But on that rare occasion it's fun to try and set people on fire. If you use it with the M60 it basically turns that weapon into a flamethrower.

meathead_79
06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
do not i repeat do not use the backscatter. that thing is utter crap. first of all you can't shoot through walls, second it's a narrow sniper scope view. and thirdly due to it's nature it's impossible to actually see people in the open at long ranges, example on pipeline if your looking from one balcony to the other it wont show the bad guys when they pop out from cover to fire.

LOL "Bad guys", I say the same thing. Sounds like Im 8.

meathead_79
06-25-2012, 06:53 PM
I love incendiary ammo. I seem to lose a lot of CQC by not shooting first, so with the incendiary, even if I dont shoot first, the other guy will burn to death, and I can take him to hell with me. I always run incendiary ammo in my shotguns.

kaloochi
06-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I love incendiary ammo. I seem to lose a lot of CQC by not shooting first, so with the incendiary, even if I dont shoot first, the other guy will burn to death, and I can take him to hell with me. I always run incendiary ammo in my shotguns.

...made me smile. Did you know that if you go prone and roll it puts the fire out? You'll have third degree burns and horrible scarring but you'll live!
I too am coming up to this decision point, and although i don't use LMGs, making incendary ammo redundant, i don't like the sound of the backscatter either. Decisions, decisions, now i don't know what to do. Isn't FMJ ammo for Bodark incendary? or have I glitched out and got a result? I made a couple of mistakes at these decision points. I chose OTR over incendary purely cos i got my tech confused - ho hum, didn't realise it 'detected' (lit up) people, giving you away and, in my opinion, XP earned aside, defeating the whole point of sniping, Also, i chose the med kit over ammo, albeit at a time when i needed it regularly.
That said, istill have a repect token and i cashed in my Uplay 2 for 1 which i'm thinking of using for the UCAV and turret. OP'd as they are and as much as i hate being on the receiving end, if you can'ty beat them, join them.
Does anyone know if i get to choose when i use my 2 for 1? I hope you don;'t get both at the next decision point automatically because it's the backscatter and incendary and i won't be pleased.

Bolo Vic
06-25-2012, 08:16 PM
...made me smile. Did you know that if you go prone and roll it puts the fire out? You'll have third degree burns and horrible scarring but you'll live!
I too am coming up to this decision point, and although i don't use LMGs, making incendary ammo redundant, i don't like the sound of the backscatter either. Decisions, decisions, now i don't know what to do. Isn't FMJ ammo for Bodark incendary? or have I glitched out and got a result? I made a couple of mistakes at these decision points. I chose OTR over incendary purely cos i got my tech confused - ho hum, didn't realise it 'detected' (lit up) people, giving you away and, in my opinion, XP earned aside, defeating the whole point of sniping, Also, i chose the med kit over ammo, albeit at a time when i needed it regularly.
That said, istill have a repect token and i cashed in my Uplay 2 for 1 which i'm thinking of using for the UCAV and turret. OP'd as they are and as much as i hate being on the receiving end, if you can'ty beat them, join them.
Does anyone know if i get to choose when i use my 2 for 1? I hope you don;'t get both at the next decision point automatically because it's the backscatter and incendary and i won't be pleased.

Sorry to break it to you, but the 2 for 1 only applies to weapon decisions, not equipment.

kaloochi
06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but the 2 for 1 only applies to weapon decisions, not equipment.
Oh, Do i get to choose when i use?

NocturnalFox-
06-25-2012, 08:50 PM
I picked Incendiary and it is a barrel of laughs.

Just a shame you cant add it to assault rifles.
Clearly assault rifles can use them though, as shown if you pick up ammo from a supply crate objective.

Is funny though watching them hide behind cover or kill you and still die because of burning...

Bolo Vic
06-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh, Do i get to choose when i use?

Yes, you can use it on the level 20 weapons or on the level 32 weapons.

ColdChilln88
06-26-2012, 02:54 AM
You're welcome!

Because the last thing I want is the rifleman on my team to act like some dumbazz and sit there trying to snipe and be a scout because he heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy on the forums that he could shoot his rifles across the map for ultimate pwnagez!

oh btw...morons you can only see through THIN walls with the backscatter....not all walls...

and you're 10 lvls from 50? wow bro my bad...you pwn! want a cookie? :|

are you 12? does it make you feel cool when you use words that aren't real and you make fun of people for asking people's advice and then making erroneous accusations about people and their play style, just so you know you sound like an arrogant ******, so have fun BRO..

IBlest
06-26-2012, 03:23 AM
yea backscatter good but depends on what you use and your play style. No good for ong range but if your good at spotting people without looking though scope at that range. You just make a mental picture were they are and shot there. Never be surprised by a enemy infornt of you in cover or and equipment like claymores or cameras.

HEAT_HTX40
06-26-2012, 06:13 AM
are you 12? does it make you feel cool when you use words that aren't real and you make fun of people for asking people's advice and then making erroneous accusations about people and their play style, just so you know you sound like an arrogant ******, so have fun BRO..

Well it does show you're a complete tool to know you have to mix the words up to get past the filter, I mean I do want you, the other azzclowns to know I'm calling you assclowns...well golly gee wiz wally, it made it through. Well now you know.

Accusations? lmfao! The truth, I've said nothing but the truth on these boards and only recently have others seen it as well.

Nothing but CoD faqs on here trying to play it like CoD. But hey bro, you know it all right? I mean I've seen your posts and for you to make that statement, awesome. You're a dbag like the rest.

It's amazing to see guys like you and the rest on here talking about how to use the equipment when they don't have a clue. And yeah, I don't want some dam random coming in the game, A TEAM based game sitting in the back trying to pad their KDR or spawn camping for their KDR.

Go f*cking play CoD, or get on your knee's for U/RSE and tell them how awesome this game is so they can keep selling it instead of fixing it. Seeing as they won't refund money because they'd have to refund EVERY game and lose their azzes more than what they have been with this pile of coded sh*t.

waste of f*cking money for non-global leader boards, clan functions that aren't worth a sh*t, servers that can't keep you connected, no way to switch teams, no way to keep your party together, constantly f*cking up the weapons and their damage, information that's incorrect, and mic's working 50% of the time and IF the loser random's even have mic's.

yep, it's brought together some of the best gamers for TPS......wait they're all trading it in or giving up on it.

ColdChilln88
06-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Well it does show you're a complete tool to know you have to mix the words up to get past the filter, I mean I do want you, the other azzclowns to know I'm calling you assclowns...well golly gee wiz wally, it made it through. Well now you know.

Accusations? lmfao! The truth, I've said nothing but the truth on these boards and only recently have others seen it as well.

Nothing but CoD faqs on here trying to play it like CoD. But hey bro, you know it all right? I mean I've seen your posts and for you to make that statement, awesome. You're a dbag like the rest.

It's amazing to see guys like you and the rest on here talking about how to use the equipment when they don't have a clue. And yeah, I don't want some dam random coming in the game, A TEAM based game sitting in the back trying to pad their KDR or spawn camping for their KDR.

Go f*cking play CoD, or get on your knee's for U/RSE and tell them how awesome this game is so they can keep selling it instead of fixing it. Seeing as they won't refund money because they'd have to refund EVERY game and lose their azzes more than what they have been with this pile of coded sh*t.

waste of f*cking money for non-global leader boards, clan functions that aren't worth a sh*t, servers that can't keep you connected, no way to switch teams, no way to keep your party together, constantly f*cking up the weapons and their damage, information that's incorrect, and mic's working 50% of the time and IF the loser random's even have mic's.

yep, it's brought together some of the best gamers for TPS......wait they're all trading it in or giving up on it.

you know nothing, ive played other ghost recon games and i have played this one since day one, and i always play the **** objective and i dont care about getting past the filters you moron, do you think everyone is just as dumb as you are, i play every game, battlefield, COD, this game, ive played every D A M N socom too 1 to 4 which was trash, so dont you sit on here and tell me how i play, i know how to play a team based game. If you feel the need to project your inadequacies on other people by using offensive language awesome, I can't ask other people how the equipment has worked for them since game just came out a month ago and i havent gotten to that level yet, are you seriously that egotistical. Everyone is supposed to know everything about everything in this game otherwise they are a noob COD a s s clown oooooooooooooo wow, give me a break kid, im done with your non-sense have fun on this forum with your long *** rants explainations as to why others are wrong and your so right

ColdChilln88
06-26-2012, 06:29 AM
and clearly you dont read my other posts you idiot, i explain all the time the problems with this game and how the connections are garbage, but the fact is I payed for this game therefore im TRYING to play it until they fix it, all you do on these boards is write long paragraphs and rant and call people names, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!? i got news for you, im not special and neither are you

karl1again
06-26-2012, 08:42 AM
I chose the Backscatter and it is USELESS.

Seriously if you go in the firing range and use it, you know those very close targets that show up while looking down it? Yup that's pretty much the range of it, around 5 feet. If there that close why would you need to use the scope anyway? You already know where they are! Plus it's obscures most your view and just isnt as practical as other scopes, it's just a fun novelty to use.