PDA

View Full Version : AC3 needs more commercials/media coverage.

mockers00
06-25-2012, 03:40 AM
I know it's a couple months away but I have not really seen any AC3 commercials *Maybe their saving them for closer to launch* but my casual gaming friends have sure as hell heard of black ops 2 but not AC3. I think black ops 2 only had one commercial and that was during the NBA playoffs.

Anyway I know it's early but I hope AC3 really shows alot of commercials + the multiplayer beta on PSN for more recognition. Maybe even a very very very short AC3 Single player DEMO before the game comes out and I mean short, just showing a very simple scene. Maybe that Frontier mission we saw. With animus walls so the player cannot adventure out of the zone or a screen that is like "Leaving demo area you will be respawn in 5 seconds"

AC3 needs to be known to the world this time around it's there best work yet and I have not even played it yet, that's how confident I am from just watching a demo preview.

kriegerdesgottes
06-25-2012, 04:52 AM
Actually they have released wayy more material for this game than they ever did for any other AC game at this time. They released 4 videos alone at E3 which is double what they usually do and they released 3 or so good trailers for AC before that which is unheard of. So I can't complain although of course I'd like to see more too.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-25-2012, 04:56 AM
They just finished their big E3 promo. Tons of stuff was shown. The time for actual TV ads/billboards/commercials will come in September/October, closer to the release.

And COD is not the best example to compare AC series to. Each COD game sells like 25+ million copies. It's a gigantic brand with gigantic marketing budget and while AC is Ubisoft's flagship title, it would be unwise for Ubisoft to secure the same marketing budget COD has when it doesn't sell anywhere as much as COD

mockers00
06-25-2012, 06:21 AM
They just finished their big E3 promo. Tons of stuff was shown. The time for actual TV ads/billboards/commercials will come in September/October, closer to the release.

And COD is not the best example to compare AC series to. Each COD game sells like 25+ million copies. It's a gigantic brand with gigantic marketing budget and while AC is Ubisoft's flagship title, it would be unwise for Ubisoft to secure the same marketing budget COD has when it doesn't sell anywhere as much as COD

True COD get more sales, but AC quality is WAY BETTER THEN COD. The overall game can compete with COD AAA quality. *Which COD is overused anyway * AC3 actually changes comapred to COD, and AC MP is a very comepeteive MP and AC3 is prolly going to raise the bar even more

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Regardless of what game is better (AC), COD is a quicker game to pick up and play, which is what makes it such a large seller.

I think Ubisoft a doing plenty of advertisement for ACIII so far. I've seen it everywhere the past week.

BATISTABUS
06-25-2012, 09:11 AM
I like to think of Assassin's Creed as the Death Note of videogames. It'll never be the most popular because of it's non-mainstream tendencies (AC: not a shooter, not necessarily fast-paced, story-driven, educational//DN: not a lot of fighting, mostly psychological and thinking-based, dark compared to other Shonen manga), but that doesn't mean it's not a masterpiece. It may never be the Number 1 game, but who cares? As long as it's successful, gets good reviews, retains and expands upon it's quality, and players enjoy it, that's all I care about.