PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 hidden blade and musket combat discussion.

FL4PPYflap
06-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone,

So I am posting this thread to discuss several topics on AC3, the hidden blade, the musket, and the hidden/short blade.

So far, we know Connor will have two hidden blades at some point in the game, and we know at least one of his hidden blades can rotate out of the bracer and into Connor's hand like a knife/short blade. I was wondering how this would play out when Connor is engaged in high profile combat.
Will the hidden blade(s) automatically pivot into the short blade, or will we have the choice to use the hidden blades as they were in AC Brotherhood.

One of my favorite things about Brotherhood was the kill animations when fighting with the hidden blades so I hope we will be able to use it that way.
Another question that can be brought up by this idea is that if Connor will have an actual short blade/knife in his inventory, or will we be just stuck with the pivotal hidden blade?

Moving on to the musket, I wonder if the musket will replace the spear, as I am still hoping for some actual type of spear.
I heard that one of the pre-order bonuses is the "Flintlock Musket."
I am curious to see hows this will turn out because we haven't seen a sign of Connor being able to have a musket or spear in his inventory.
I was also wondering if we will be able to throw long weapons and heavy weapons at enemies like in ACB and ACR.

I would be grateful for any thoughts and posts on this topic. Thanks guys :D

playassassins1
06-24-2012, 11:06 PM
If you dual wield the Hidden Blade, with swords or the tomahawk, it automatically switches to a dagger. If you only have the hidden blade equipped it will stay like previous games.

Its just speculation though. I'm not sure, but it makes sense to me.

FL4PPYflap
06-24-2012, 11:17 PM
If you dual wield the Hidden Blade, with swords or the tomahawk, it automatically switches to a dagger. If you only have the hidden blade equipped it will stay like previous games.

Its just speculation though. I'm not sure, but it makes sense to me.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking and hoping is going to happen.

FL4PPYflap
06-24-2012, 11:26 PM
If you're right, how would we be able to dual wield daggers?

Calvarok
06-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Only one hidden blade pivots. So you equip the dagger and in combat the other hidden blade will be the other dagger.

Kables
06-25-2012, 03:37 AM
i've been wondering this. and if you can't go the entire game without upgrading to dual hidden blades (like in brotherhood) i will be very disappointed, if you can't fight with just one hidden blade, extremely disappointed. if there isn't an option to turn off the slow mo in combat i'm not sure if there will be much replay value for me.. here's hoping. everything else looks amazing

SixKeys
06-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Wasn't there a screenshot somewhere that confirmed Connor will be able to have dual hidden blades?

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Wasn't there a screenshot somewhere that confirmed Connor will be able to have dual hidden blades?

Yes, and also IGN played the frontier demo, and during their video Connor unsheathed both of his hidden blades.

ignition11
06-25-2012, 04:31 AM
In several gameplay videos, it does show holsters for two muskets, so theres that proof, as of the spear... i dont think that it will come into play

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 04:39 AM
In several gameplay videos, it does show holsters for two muskets, so theres that proof, as of the spear... i dont think that it will come into play

Two muskets? Are you sure you're not mixed up with the flintlock pistols?

ignition11
06-25-2012, 04:48 AM
Two muskets? Are you sure you're not mixed up with the flintlock pistols?

Sorry, ur right... i was just thinking about guns, lol... if that the case, then i think that he will not be able to wield muskets, he can counter them in special kills, but not use them.... he has tons of other long range weapons, like the bow and arrow, and I dont think he would feel comfortable carrying that giant thing around... lol

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Sorry, ur right... i was just thinking about guns, lol... if that the case, then i think that he will not be able to wield muskets, he can counter them in special kills, but not use them.... he has tons of other long range weapons, like the bow and arrow, and I dont think he would feel comfortable carrying that giant thing around... lol

Yeah, so far all we know is that you can pick muskets off of weapon racks, the ground, and enemies. But, how will we be able to use the "Flintlock Musket" pre-order bonus?

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 05:27 AM
Oh, maybe the pre-order bonus allows Connor to carry a musket on his back?

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 07:38 AM
This is a little off-topic but does anyone know if the Sawtooth Blade and Pontiac's War Club will have exclusive kill animations, in the same aspect as the Vlad the Impaler sword did in Revelations?

eagleforlife1
06-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Connor can carry and fire muskets whenever and wherever he wants. He is just unable to equip them to his inventory. There are so many redcoats and weapon racks that carry them that he doesn't need to really.

MT4K
06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
This is a little off-topic but does anyone know if the Sawtooth Blade and Pontiac's War Club will have exclusive kill animations, in the same aspect as the Vlad the Impaler sword did in Revelations?

Well on gamersgate it mentions the sawtooth having unique kill animations. Not for the war club though.

jiajen
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah, so far all we know is that you can pick muskets off of weapon racks, the ground, and enemies. But, how will we be able to use the "Flintlock Musket" pre-order bonus?

I think the Flintlock Musket might be a deceptive name since this image (http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-3-game-exclusive-edition-170848) shows something that's closer to Connor's normal pistols.

BBALive
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
I think the Flintlock Musket might be a deceptive name since this image (http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-3-game-exclusive-edition-170848) shows something that's closer to Connor's normal pistols.

Some of the image seems to be cut off. Or perhaps it's like a 'sawn-off' musket with a very short barrel.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/FlintlockFiring.jpg

FL4PPYflap
06-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Some of the image seems to be cut off. Or perhaps it's like a 'sawn-off' musket with a very short barrel.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/FlintlockFiring.jpg

Yeah. In previous AC games, the pre-order weapons never really made up their own weapon slot on the wheel, for example, the Vlad Tepes sword went into the sword slot, it didn't make up it's own.
So maybe the Flintlock Musket will be on Connor's back, replacing the bow and arrow.

FL4PPYflap
06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I noticed the the dagger/hidden blade looks very different then the other hidden blade, and in some pictures it does look like the other hidden blade.

FL4PPYflap
06-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Only one hidden blade pivots. So you equip the dagger and in combat the other hidden blade will be the other dagger.

So you have confirmed Connor will be equipped with an actual dagger (not talking about the pivotal hidden blade)?

BBALive
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
So you have confirmed Connor will be equipped with an actual dagger (not talking about the pivotal hidden blade)?

That hasn't actually been confirmed. I hope you can dual-wield daggers though, that'd be cool.

If you dual-wield hidden blades in combat the one that pivots into a dagger will do so. I don't know if you'll be able to just use it as a normal hidden blade, we'll have to wait and see.

MT4K
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM

Well i don't know if it has actually been confirmed, but it makes sense that normal daggers would be present in the game. Connor being Native American would likely have used Daggers and things before joining the Assassins and getting his hidden blade. I wonder if Connor himself makes the adjustment to the hidden blade to make it turn into a dagger, or if it is given to him with that ability :P.

I could definitely see him altering it himself because it might feel more comfortable to him to always have access to something that can be turned into/used as a dagger.

rileypoole1234
06-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah I can see daggers being in the game by themselves. Connor is Native American after all, and as far as I know they use daggers. He may gain the ability to pivot both daggers later on though.

FL4PPYflap
07-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Yeah I can see daggers being in the game by themselves. Connor is Native American after all, and as far as I know they use daggers. He may gain the ability to pivot both daggers later on though.

I hope so. It'd be really cool dual wielding daggers. I hope we will be able to dual wield the hidden blades with both of the blades being in normal position like in previous ACs.

LoyalACFan
07-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I think the muskets will be implemented in a similar fashion to the spears in previous games. Fully usable for attacks and counter kills, but you automatically lose them when you sprint, free-run or equip one of your inventory weapons.

LoyalACFan
07-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Also, I found a screenshot that shows Connor using both hidden blades in the standard, non-swiveled position in combat. I'm not sure exactly how to post images on these forums but if this doesn't work, you can find the same picture on the Newest Images filter on the AC wiki.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/9/9a/Xl_Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Night-624.jpg

FL4PPYflap
07-02-2012, 04:32 AM
I think the muskets will be implemented in a similar fashion to the spears in previous games. Fully usable for attacks and counter kills, but you automatically lose them when you sprint, free-run or equip one of your inventory weapons.

I don't know about dropping them once entering sprint. In the frontier demo, Connor picks up a musket, and kills an enemy while sprinting.

FL4PPYflap
07-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Does any one know what Ubisoft will be showing in the new trailer on July 4? Maybe some of the pre-order bonus weapons in action :p?

FL4PPYflap
07-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Also, I found a screenshot that shows Connor using both hidden blades in the standard, non-swiveled position in combat. I'm not sure exactly how to post images on these forums but if this doesn't work, you can find the same picture on the Newest Images filter on the AC wiki.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/9/9a/Xl_Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Night-624.jpg

Yeah I don't know how to post images either. Can anyone share with us how it works?

BBALive
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah I don't know how to post images either. Can anyone share with us how it works?

image link goes here

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Wow...how brilliant, 404 not found -___-' Sorry, I was genuinely excited only to find an error xD from what I have seen, it seems that if you combo the gun and the blade, you're Y/Traingle will be what shoots them, they are probably this type of ''Uhh...low health, this Snitch is about too kill me...you know what, screw you'' and just shoot him, ending him. I wonder if you can do combo's with it, tho.

BBALive
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow...how brilliant, 404 not found -___-' Sorry, I was genuinely excited only to find an error xD from what I have seen, it seems that if you combo the gun and the blade, you're Y/Traingle will be what shoots them, they are probably this type of ''Uhh...low health, this Snitch is about too kill me...you know what, screw you'' and just shoot him, ending him. I wonder if you can do combo's with it, tho.

We're referring to muskets (as in musket rifles), not flintlock pistols.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Oh..in that case, probably same way as bow, less accurate and more damage. Maybe like the crossbow, you can counter but not chain.

Black_Widow9
07-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Here you go. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659582-*Signature-Avatar-amp-Image-Posting-Guidelines?p=8141828

*UPLOADING A PICTURE FROM A HOST SITE-
1. In order to use a picture from the internet and not from your computer you need to upload it to a host site. Sites such as Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/),ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/), and flickr (http://www.flickr.com/) are only a few that are available.
2. It needs to meet the size guidelines or it will not upload.
3. Make sure you use the direct link.

*POSTING A PICTURE FROM A HOST SITE-
1. You can copy the URL and enter it into the box from the Insert Image ****on.
2. You can use this code followed by with the link between the code. Make sure the link is no longer a hyperlink to get it to work properly.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Just got an idea....how different are muskets from Bayonett ?

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 05:49 AM
Here you go. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/659582-*Signature-Avatar-amp-Image-Posting-Guidelines?p=8141828

*UPLOADING A PICTURE FROM A HOST SITE-
1. In order to use a picture from the internet and not from your computer you need to upload it to a host site. Sites such as Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/),ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/), and flickr (http://www.flickr.com/) are only a few that are available.
2. It needs to meet the size guidelines or it will not upload.
3. Make sure you use the direct link.

*POSTING A PICTURE FROM A HOST SITE-
1. You can copy the URL and enter it into the box from the Insert Image ****on.
2. You can use this code followed by with the link between the code. Make sure the link is no longer a hyperlink to get it to work properly.

Chank yoo:).

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Oh..in that case, probably same way as bow, less accurate and more damage. Maybe like the crossbow, you can counter but not chain.

I hope will be able to use secondary weapons (firearms, throwing knives, etc.) in combos and counter kills (speaking in kill animation-wise) kinda like in ACB and ACR, where if you counter-killed someone with the sword, you would sometimes get a kill animation where Ezio would use both his sword and gun, yet it would not deplete any of his ammunition.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 05:55 AM
But the musket is BIG.
Unless Connor has un-godly strength, dont know how he will pull it out.
It is probably like the Bayonett, but permanent on you're back.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 06:17 AM
But the musket is BIG.
Unless Connor has un-godly strength, dont know how he will pull it out.
It is probably like the Bayonett, but permanent on you're back.

Yeah probably, but I'm thinking it might replace the bow.

Oh and btw, thanks for the posts on my "The REAL Assassins Creed" thread. It was really interesting learning about the whole "high" thing :).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I doubt it will replace the bow. The amount of people that have wanted that is BIG. And nobody would like it gone because you pre-oredered, maybe it is stored somewhere and you can choose it when you like?
And anytime :P

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I doubt it will replace the bow. The amount of people that have wanted that is BIG. And nobody would like it gone because you pre-oredered, maybe it is stored somewhere and you can choose it when you like?
And anytime :P

Yeah, I really want to see how it will play out.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 06:36 AM
I kinda wonder whats the real special ''it'' about it. Since we can pick up fire arms from racks and what not, I hope it has some special feature.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah I hope so.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Maybe like something of a bonus that if you hunt, the pelt dosen't get damaged, unlike the Flitlock pistol.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Maybe like something of a bonus that if you hunt, the pelt dosen't get damaged, unlike the Flitlock pistol.

Yeah, like the quality of the pelt won't be reduced and you can sell it for more $cha-ching$ lol :cool:

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Flitlock...lol, flintlock*
Or something like more accuracy? even tho that wont make sense in the historical way.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Hey I wonder if Connor can contract diseases from animals if they bite him.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Nah, I doubt it. No doctors in the game. Plus, technically, since it's regenerating health, and no medicine, that basically means when you get hit, you loss synch, AKA he never got hit or bit or anything.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Nah, I doubt it. No doctors in the game. Plus, technically, since it's regenerating health, and no medicine, that basically means when you get hit, you loss synch, AKA he never got hit or bit or anything.

Oh, yeah, forgot about the no doctor part.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Imagine if Connor can duel wield muskets...
Lol.

eagleforlife1
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Imagine if Connor can duel wield muskets...
Lol.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISEfGV6-70

0.33 in.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISEfGV6-70

0.33 in.

Wow...lol

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
LOL. I spotted so many historical in-accuracies in that I can make a list. Pretty funny tho.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:04 AM
LOL. I spotted so many historical in-accuracies in that I can make a list. Pretty funny tho.

I know right!

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Connor needs a sandwich maker :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:17 AM
I just hope its not Aveline. Connors spouse would be a BIG part of the game, having it blocked off and only for PS Vita users is something I would hate.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I just hope its not Aveline. Connors spouse would be a BIG part of the game, having it blocked off and only for PS Vita users is something I would hate.

I don't think Connor's spouse should be an assassin.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah, but some people were throwing the idea of Aveline, please, just no.

FL4PPYflap
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah, but some people were throwing the idea of Aveline, please, just no.

That would be horrible.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah, should be somebody else /:

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Are they showing AC3 gameplay at game retailers in the U.K?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Yep.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Yep.

Hmmm...I'll look into that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:31 PM
They are the E3 demos, but they are played live, different things could happen.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I kinda wish there was a demo for the game we could play, but I don't want to spoil it.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
They are the E3 demos, but they are played live, different things could happen.

Maybe better combat and maybe people will use different weapons besides the tomahawk and ropedart.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I always use the hidden blade.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Hidden Blade is overpowered. Real mean use the Crossbow. Counter only.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
That's so lame. Hidden blade! It's especially hard in AC1.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Nope
Throw
Assassinate
???
Death.

BBALive
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Nope
Throw
Assassinate
???
Death.

It's easy with exploits. Just don't use them.

FL4PPYflap
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Hidden Blade is overpowered. Real mean use the Crossbow. Counter only.

Yeah, but using the hidden blade just makes you feel badass.

JCearlyyears
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Exactly. Looks cool, slightly difficult, and is fun.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Not difficult in the least. AC1 it was highly exploitable, all the others it did not need an exploit too be a weapon crafted by gods.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Not difficult in the least. AC1 it was highly exploitable, all the others it did not need an exploit too be a weapon crafted by gods.

Yeah but the kill animations are so cool.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:05 AM
The ones in AC III will probably be cooler tho.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM
The ones in AC III will probably be cooler tho.

Oh I can't wait for AC3!

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
So do you think that Ben Franklin will be making gadgets for Connor?

LightRey
07-06-2012, 12:34 AM
So do you think that Ben Franklin will be making gadgets for Connor?
Pretty sure the devs said he won't be.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Not sure, they said yes, then no, so not sure.

BBALive
07-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Nope.

They don't want him to be another 'Leonardo character'.

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:38 AM
I would really like a lot of weapon upgrades for Connor.

ShaneO7K
07-06-2012, 12:40 AM
"They also reveal that Connor will interact with someone from Asian descent that will give or show him these (including the wrist blade!) weapons. And that explains how they wind up in his arsenal."

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7780/article/ubisoft-reveals-assassin-s-creed-3-info-on-love-interest-weapons-and-more/

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if it has then I apologise.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Did you really have too post that?
I wanted a surprise D;

FL4PPYflap
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Aw that's cool. That's probably where Connor picks up his rope dart. 'Cause isn't it an Asian weapon?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-06-2012, 12:55 AM
No, Scorpion makes it for him.