PDA

View Full Version : POLL: No title update? No dlc purchased!!!

neqtan1980
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Will you buy the DLC before the problems are fixed? I for one will not!!

Ew_Tux
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
That goes for every game i have, if it has problems then DLC will not be bought until fixed. If the title update fixes the issues for me and the dlc is worth it i'll get it. To be honest, I haven't had much problems other than laggy games now and then and map glitches where some one is under the map, but overall it's all good for me at the moment. I would wish for region selection and matchmaking for the co op bits as i do not have many friends with this game.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
06-24-2012, 08:59 PM
They've said the update is coming before the DLC so you'll have a chance to see if the game is fixed before you fork over any more dough.

neqtan1980
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
@Ew_Tux:

Im with you. I like the game all game types are good. But connectivity kills allot of the enjoyment in MP mode. I to think some added match making functions would be nice.

OFF TOPIC: You wouldnt happen to be linux fan? Guessing by your handle...

@Beast:

I know they said it would release prior to July 3rd (DLC release date). But thats 9 days from now and they have not released a date thus far. Patience is a virtue.....

Lunytunes
06-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Not paying a dime until they fix the host migrations, lag issues and apologize for releasing a broken game.

Ew_Tux
06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
@Ew_Tux:

Im with you. I like the game all game types are good. But connectivity kills allot of the enjoyment in MP mode. I to think some added match making functions would be nice.

OFF TOPIC: You wouldnt happen to be linux fan? Guessing by your handle...

I used to be yes, back in the days when Slackware still had Gnome built in. After that i moved to Ubuntu and i didn't like the way that went. I now have mac and wouldn't go back to either Windows or Linux :)
To note, i still use Unix on a daily basis in work :)

OldFlads
06-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Not paying a dime until they fix the host migrations, lag issues and apologize for releasing a broken game.

Unless they come full circle and create dedicated servers you will be keeping hold of your money!

neqtan1980
06-24-2012, 10:35 PM
I used to be yes, back in the days when Slackware still had Gnome built in. After that i moved to Ubuntu and i didn't like the way that went. I now have mac and wouldn't go back to either Windows or Linux :)
To note, i still use Unix on a daily basis in work :)

I have run slackware. Not for the average user thats for sure. I did not like Ubuntu. But there is new distro called Mint that is not to bad. But many of the distros have become so simplified its almost like running a windows machine anyway. The file system structure is still linux, but its not linux. You know? Mint has Gnome built in. They also have a kde version, seems a little closer to MAC.

Im still on an old XP I refuse to pay for not one more windows distro!! Aah Unix hey. So you got to be on the server side, no?

Unless they come full circle and create dedicated servers you will be keeping hold of your money!

I hear you! But many games use P2P for connectivity means. Some developers methodology works well enough. What ever has been implemented here does not. Dont get me wrong, I would love dedicated servers. But I think certain modifications could be made to allow a P2P model to work.

Sgt Scotto03
06-24-2012, 11:05 PM
They have a nerve releasing paid DLC when they already have our money for a broken product.
As a sign of good will to their Paying customers this DLC should be provided complementary for all the frustration and waste of leisure time this beta that they sold as a finished product.
I for one wont be buying another ubisoft game if they dont show they actually care about retaining customers.

neqtan1980
06-24-2012, 11:37 PM
They have a nerve releasing paid DLC when they already have our money for a broken product.
As a sign of good will to their Paying customers this DLC should be provided complementary for all the frustration and waste of leisure time this beta that they sold as a finished product.
I for one wont be buying another ubisoft game if they dont show they actually care about retaining customers.

Absolutely. Spot on. Shoot even Bethesda gave the DLC away their botched release of Brink.

PublicVermin
06-24-2012, 11:40 PM
i have already paid for it, so they kinda already have my money, but a refund is always possible.... although i am lazy....... very very lazy.....

Lunytunes
06-24-2012, 11:40 PM

Assassins Creed man! That game can't be missed out on because of this one?

What if we were to take our frustration on Ubisoft by not buying AC? That would probably make them cry :(

Sgt Scotto03
06-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Assassins Creed man! That game can't be missed out on because of this one?

What if we were to take our frustration on Ubisoft by not buying AC? That would probably make them cry :(

If consumers don't vote with their wallets Ubisoft and these other Megapublishers will just keep on treating us paying customers as a cash cow to be milked the nothing will change and in fact I can see it getting worse.
They are nickel and diming us every chance they get and the only language they understand is money.
So send a message to them and don't give them any more of yours.

xx CRIM B xx
06-25-2012, 12:52 AM
If consumers don't vote with their wallets Ubisoft and these other Megapublishers will just keep on treating us paying customers as a cash cow to be milked the nothing will change and in fact I can see it getting worse.
They are nickel and diming us every chance they get and the only language they understand is money.

This, I doubt I even get rainbow 6 (let alone their dlc) and Ive been a fan since I played rainbow six back on the ps. Im honestly just about to give it up on vg, they care nothing about their customers (same goes for all mega coorperates, not just video games). They know were "dependant" on their "services" and will keep getting your income until we learn to boycott.

neqtan1980
06-25-2012, 12:56 AM

Indeed. I will be executing this method as well. They lost at least an immediate $138 in purchases from me. Not to mention I have two consoles in this house that almost always get dedicated copies of a release. So make that $272 that will not go to Ubisoft sales, if a proper fix is not aquired on time. Im tired of asking a question and getting these "beating around the bush" responses.

I will not be purchasing two copies of AC3 or R6 Patriots. I will also not be purchasing the GRFS DLC for either box until further notice. "We will inform you of a date when we feel like it!" Familiar?

Then hypothetically if the eleven people that voted feel this way. Then $138 (assuming 1 copy per game per user)x11 users = $1518 in loss of sales on just two games. There are countless others out there that are probably on a silent boycott as well. If just a 1000 people decided not to buy two releases of Ubisoft games, that would be a loss of roughly $138,000 in sales. Hows that for sending a message!? Are we speaking the same language yet?

This, I doubt I even get rainbow 6 (let alone their dlc) and Ive been a fan since I played rainbow six back on the ps. Im honestly just about to give it up on vg, they care nothing about their customers (same goes for all mega coorperates, not just video games). They know were "dependant" on their "services" and will keep getting your income until we learn to boycott.

We are not dependent on them. There are plenty of options in difference to spending hard earned money on incomplete products. Would you buy a car without an engine? Would you buy a computer without a processor? Would you buy a corn dog without the dog? Would you buy an operating system without a kernel?

Why would anyone continue to a buy a game from a developer that puts out a product with missing or improperly functioning parts?

Ew_Tux
06-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Im still on an old XP I refuse to pay for not one more windows distro!! Aah Unix hey. So you got to be on the server side, no?

Server and client with ssh sessions. Mostly to support databases. :)

Chaos Isaac
06-25-2012, 01:39 AM

To be fair, EA will probably try to do it anyways.

Sgt Scotto03
06-25-2012, 01:43 AM
To be fair, EA will probably try to do it anyways.

Same goes for them.
I cant recall an EA game being this broken online on release.
Im sure there probably is I Just cant think of one this second.

neqtan1980
06-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Server and client with ssh sessions. Mostly to support databases. :)

Nice. Your not playing with a little network. Curious are you using the SSH as a tunnel or pipe from one utility to another on remote machines or is it used as a way back and forth to the VM? Or do you abuse all of its capabilities? SSH can handle so many tasks.

Broman Jenkins
06-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Same goes for them.

Battlefield 3 was pretty broken at launch, but its righted itself. It was nothing compared to how terrible this game can get. Half the games I actually play are lagged to the point where I can't reliably capture objectives until a few seconds later when my character snaps to the point all of the sudden. The other half I get kicked about two minutes in with the "Connection to Server Lost" message as my friends play on with no interruption. My NAT is open and my connection fast, there is really no good reason for that.

pb socks
06-25-2012, 03:57 AM
I have always been frustrated with some game developers not fixing their games, but still buy their stuff. usually its ea, and I ****ING HATE EA, THOSE *****UCKIG *****S, but because I'm addicted to dice/bf Ive always caved. I like ubisoft games, and I have very much enjoyed grfs. Its definitely a favourite game, it gives me that tactical fix I need, but I dont feel like I need any more. I will not be buying the dlc. Its a good enough game, but I don't really need more maps, I need the game fixed. I am not leaving, although I do switch back and forth with a few games, I will keep playing grfs without putting another penny into it, where as other game franchises will and are still getting cash from my purchases.

Shazbot4
06-25-2012, 04:55 AM
I have always been frustrated with some game developers not fixing their games, but still buy their stuff. usually its ea, and I ****ING HATE EA, THOSE *****UCKIG *****S, but because I'm addicted to dice/bf Ive always caved. I like ubisoft games, and I have very much enjoyed grfs. Its definitely a favourite game, it gives me that tactical fix I need, but I dont feel like I need any more. I will not be buying the dlc. Its a good enough game, but I don't really need more maps, I need the game fixed. I am not leaving, although I do switch back and forth with a few games, I will keep playing grfs without putting another penny into it, where as other game franchises will and are still getting cash from my purchases.

this

i needed something other then cod fps and BF3 where im target pratice for people with no lives who live on that game 24/7. i got my fix like you did and honestly i dont really need it anymore. this game is not fun right now and im no putting another dime into this game untill it becomes fun again. heck maybe i wont buy DLC anyway in spite hehe.

emperor413
06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
may not buy another ubi product period if they dont fix this game :(

Khriz112
06-25-2012, 07:50 AM
im def not buying the dlc for this game if they don't fix it.

emperor413
06-25-2012, 09:28 AM
sorry but, BUMP, this needs to be seen

keefyboooo
06-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Its been over a month, the massive issues need to be fixed, I dont care about a cloud update to change gun performance. I want the major problems sorted then the minor stuff after. Probably will not buy any DLC, at all

Tibomzai
06-25-2012, 10:55 AM
if they aren't fixing the game I am defenetly not buying anything ,I want my money back !!!!( for the game )

neqtan1980
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Its been over a month, the massive issues need to be fixed, I dont care about a cloud update to change gun performance. I want the major problems sorted then the minor stuff after. Probably will not buy any DLC, at all

Agreed. I dont care to see trivial fixes on minor problems or gun play tweaks. Nor do I care about new content such as maps and guns. When I cant play on the maps with the guns I have half the time.

Ive decided the only way Ill download the DLC before the title update is, if it is FREE AND comes with an apology (A video one from the president or at least the division responsible would be great!!!).

Ew_Tux
06-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Nice. Your not playing with a little network. Curious are you using the SSH as a tunnel or pipe from one utility to another on remote machines or is it used as a way back and forth to the VM? Or do you abuse all of its capabilities? SSH can handle so many tasks.

No virtual machines here, all remote machines ;) Working for IBM I am contracted to one of the main mobile network providers, so no, not a little network :)

I only access a small percentage of the boxes but have to do a pass through to get to them.

ripstax
06-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Why buy the dlc if I cant enjoy the mp because of connection to server issues and host migration. Restarting a mp match again and again is time consuming and frustrating. Going back to the title screen is annoying so yea I feel like I was ripped off especially when all my other mp games work perfectly and I get into their matches quickly and its constant. Always online and no frustrations cant say the same about GRFS.

Killa_Ken25
06-25-2012, 03:00 PM
they need a solid update fixing issues before I'll even consider some DLC. my vote is NO

Mia_crazymike
06-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Only thing Red storm has to address is the network connection problems in general. And obviously the known bugs and glitches.

Lunytunes
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I see that some people don't appreciate the value of their dollars. So sad when people decide to give extra money to a game that's not fixed and gives you more problems than enjoyment.

ApocalypseNTSR
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I see that some people don't appreciate the value of their dollars. So sad when people decide to give extra money to a game that's not fixed and gives you more problems than enjoyment.

Perhaps the O.P. made an oversight...he failed to include. " Even if it isn't fixed I will hurang my mother for her credit card. "

Lunytunes
06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Lol.

That's true, but I doubt kids enjoy this game. The majority of them are in call of duty because even my little sister can play that game.

jmpittman0220
06-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, there's 11 idiots on these forums. How can anyone be ok with this game? Oh, I see, you have no lag so you're enjoying raping those of us that can't get a kill or objective and randomly die about every thirty seconds. I guess I'd pay for more of that too if that was my experience. Oh well, guess we'll never know.

OneBadHuskerFan
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, there's 11 idiots on these forums.

I understand the frustration, but to call people "idiots" because they are enjoying a game that you aren't is a bit much.

I rarely have issues with this game and have about 60'ish hours played in MP so far along with beating the campaign on Elite. I know it must suck for you and all the others that seem to be having game breaking problems, but why am I an idiot for not having those problems and having fun on this game? I am one of the 11 that will be buying the DLC as all of my friends that I play with will be doing the same. None of the approximately 10 or 11 friends I play with on a consistent basis have the problems that many of you seem to have on here. I guess we're all idiots, lol.

DannyStrong
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
i have no beef with the game. my only concern is that the DLC might split the community like the assasin's creed revelations DLC did.. the end result being that no one was playing the DLC.. making it a waste of money..

If that happens here I might not get it, otherwise i'll likely get it. the stockade game mode sounds cool.

Bl4ckD3tH
06-25-2012, 06:28 PM
I rather buy spec ops and drop the headache.

karl1again
06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
If you buy the DLC, a month from now NO ONE will be playing them guaranteed. As much as it may hurt your feelings but this game just doesn't have the player base for DLC, it will split up the community even more and the game will just die out even quicker. I've seen this happen way too many times before: It will put you in lobbies with other people who have the DLC, then when the player count starts dropping it will put you in lobbies with people who don't have the DLC and they will never vote for the DLC maps.

If you're on PS3 I wouldn't even bother, the player count for PS3 is embarrassingly low as it is and the DLC will probably last about 2 weeks before you won't see the maps again. The only way to counter this is if the maps are the pinnacle of map design and actually allow big more open maps. However I'm skeptical as Ubisoft are keeping it very hush hush...

meathead_79
06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
I will not buy it out of principle. I just cant stand all of the mic problems and server diconnects. I take the same stand as I do with the college I graduated from. I will start to donate AFTER my student loans are paid off. Its like they bend you over, then ask for a hand out.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
And it doesn't send out a very good vibe when we still have basically no info on either the DLC or the patch.

emperor413
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
paid dlc WILL fragment our tiny MP community. it should be free period

neqtan1980
06-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Perhaps the O.P. made an oversight...he failed to include. " Even if it isn't fixed I will hurang my mother for her credit card. "

I thought about it. But that might have become an entirely different topic. LMFAO

flybynight99
06-26-2012, 01:45 AM
I would. I am getting free DLC, so why not?

neqtan1980
06-26-2012, 02:16 AM
And it doesn't send out a very good vibe when we still have basically no info on either the DLC or the patch.

This is precisely the reason I posted this. Im tired of the run around. Ive been patient, ive been understanding. I payed for a product, that is despite all my rationalization broken!! There is 8 days left till the DLC supposedly drops. We were told in another thread that the title update was going to drop before the dlc. Well with 8 days to go and no update on the update. I hope im wrong and I wil end up feeling like an *** if I am, but I think this will not happen.

iimpactx
06-26-2012, 02:24 AM
I would purchase it. I don't seem to have any problems with lag or disconnects. I get the once in awhile host migration but that's it.

emperor413
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
going up

SilentVendetta7
06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I would purchase it. I don't seem to have any problems with lag or disconnects. I get the once in awhile host migration but that's it.

Likewise, I guess we're the lucky ones :) I get the string of a few laggy games once a day, but normally when its later in the day. like maybe from 5-7pm central time. then after that its normally fine; a lag here and there. Also the occasional server disconnections. Nothing to the extent that a lot of people on the forums say. So for that, yes I will be buying the DLC.

P.S. go easy on the hate please, Im just telling you guys my side of the story, Im not saying anyone here is wrong/lying about the connections issues. Also, you guys are entitled to how you spend your money and so am I. If I want to "waste" my money, then let me. You dont have to insult me or anyone else if they want to spend my/their money in a certain way.

neqtan1980
06-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Its good to hear that there are people out there that experience low to zero problems. I wish UBI could figure that out. How is it the connectivity is so different across the board.

Even from an example of two users with the same connection type and live within close proximity of one another, can have totally different experiences.

None the less Im glad for you Vendetta. Kinda jealous lmao.

kibbymiah
06-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Same goes for them.

Mercenaries 2....me and my mates never managed to get online with ps3 version!

neqtan1980
06-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Brink comes to mind, when I think of botched online play. Same problems, horrible lag, lost connection, etc.