PDA

View Full Version : More Mini Games, Activities, Side Missions... ?

iiiNero
06-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I just played AC2 again and did notice again what my problem with this game was:

Theres too less things u can do!

Okay, u can upgrade the villa, make races and assassination missions but thats it.

i whish u have features like in Red Dead Redamption, GTA oder Saints Row if it comes to "things u can do when you are bored"

of course everything should stick to the setting, but such things make the difference between a really good game and an awesome game.

i saw some hunting in the E3 Press but that looked more like its only possible in that specific mission cause there was a cutscene between killing the deer and taking the meat.

if it would be possible everytime ther would be a button for it if u go to the animal so...

notafanboy
06-24-2012, 07:52 PM
haha i loved the mini games and side activities in red dead so why the hell not !

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-24-2012, 07:54 PM
I wish there was drop in drop out Co-Op but that's just me.

playassassins1
06-24-2012, 08:13 PM
I love RDR......

I bought the game when it came out, and i'm still not done with it. The challenges are so big, and activities are never ending. Hunting animals never gets boring
The landscape is beautiful, Some things are repetitive. But its still fun

So, in a nutshell., if they could implement some of the features from RDR in to AC III. The game is going to be awesome.

De Filosoof
06-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I think AC3 will have loads of cool sidemissions. From what i've heard even better than RDR.

Zorker2
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
In the e3 demo I saw a guy near the tents talk to Connor and then "medicine man" appeared on screen. It looks like a side quest.

iiiNero
06-24-2012, 10:33 PM
In the e3 demo I saw a guy near the tents talk to Connor and then "medicine man" appeared on screen. It looks like a side quest.
saw that too. there was "mission added" or sth like that.

would be cool if it would have a System like Skyrim. There u can accept multiple missions and dont have to go to the client

RatonhnhakeFan
06-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Which demo it is with "medicine man" appearing? The frontier demo?

Requiscent
06-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Which demo it is with "medicine man" appearing? The frontier demo?
Yup. Alex keeps mentioning on how they want people to experience all these side quests while heading to the main mission marker. Sounds great personally, might give the world more life to it. Especially since they talked it up in Revelations by having something similar when in reality there was only two types of "side quests" and appeared very rarely.

There is also "The Provider" which we see being completed in the same demo, and of course the save the husband one in the Boston demo.

iiiNero
06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ

@2:14

mockers00
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Everyone loves seeing activities and interacting with the world even if they are non-sense ones. RDR allowed you to get drunk, play card games and etc. I want to be able to interact more with the world with little thing's like that. I also want more activities and side quest, but I also do not want boring side quest either :\ I know they are side quest and some are not as exciting but in ACB and ACR. Some side quest got repetitiveness and they were just stupid. Running through the frontier seems like it's going to be awesome and endless fun, we haven't even seen rivers and the canos and etc. We already have 4 big thing's to look forward to in AC3.

1. Climbing tree's - add's a whole new experience to the game

2. Cover corner - We can now use cover corner and lean up against walls to blend in

3. Overall crowd and blending/escape options - I mean the overall beleiveability of the crowd and the endless blend in options. I remember them saying if you see a crowd painting you can join in and theif's will steal. We haven't even got see see those features yet.

4. New combat, although in my opinion it kind of is like the old system except more polished and fast paced and it features dual weapon fighting. Obviously they rebuilt it but it still mimics the old system with the countering and etc. It may even be like Batman Arkham City in way with the countering and killing except the only thing about this is arkham city did not feature dual weapons and you can switch to your gun and other weapons fast. Also the fact in combat that you can pick up weapons or even use the weapons that they us eon you against them is amazing.

iiiNero
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM
well, climbing trees was a must in this settings. in the forest are no buildings so u have to climb other things.

this cover option is really good. i had some cases in AC2 were the enemy was searching for me and i was hiding behind the corner to kill him, but it just did not work like it should.

i hope the combat system isnt too easy. i heared that ACB and ACR system was way more easy then in AC2.

WolfTemplar94
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
On the hunting thing, they seem to be implying that it's something you can do outside of missions.

Hopefully they don't have as many side quests as Brotherhood though. Or at least, make them more interesting and less chore-like. I like the idea of random missions coming up too. In Red Dead Redemption, you can be in the middle of no-where and have a random guy getting held hostage you can save. IT makes traveling long distances more fun.

At least with AC games, the combat is so entertaining that going around killing guards is fun enough on it's own.

BBALive
06-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I just played AC2 again and did notice again what my problem with this game was:

Theres too less things u can do!

Okay, u can upgrade the villa, make races and assassination missions but thats it.

i whish u have features like in Red Dead Redamption, GTA oder Saints Row if it comes to "things u can do when you are bored"

of course everything should stick to the setting, but such things make the difference between a really good game and an awesome game.

i saw some hunting in the E3 Press but that looked more like its only possible in that specific mission cause there was a cutscene between killing the deer and taking the meat.

if it would be possible everytime ther would be a button for it if u go to the animal so...

The wolf attack was just a scripted event for that specific mission. You can skin any animal at any time, like Red dead Redemption. It's one of the new ways of making money, or whatever the economic system will entail.

Hutchinson did say that in terms of optional activities and side quests, etc., this is the biggest Assassin's Creed to date.

iiiNero
06-25-2012, 03:20 PM
well thats an obvious thing cause the previous games had almost nothing like that activities. the only thing was stealing.

zStrictStyle
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
I started playing Skyrim a few days ago, and I was amazed how many side activities are there.I hope they add some of them.

Sushiglutton
06-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Meh I want them to primarily focus on improving the core mechanics. If they do sidegames they should be few and very ambitious like the naval warfare. Most of the time minigames are of the try once never again variety. Stuff like armwrestling is just lame. I don't mind mini missions on the other hand that lets u take advantage of ur normal skills.

SixKeys
06-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I started playing Skyrim a few days ago, and I was amazed how many side activities are there.I hope they add some of them.

Most of Skyrim's were just endless fetch quests, though. I want AC3's missions to be more fun than "Hey, I'm too lazy to get this from the village next door! Can you get it for me for $200?"

Acrimonious_Nin
06-26-2012, 02:01 AM
I hope AC3 is jam packed with rewarding side missions. I cannot wait to get all the available upgrades for Ratonhnhaké:ton's weapons arsenal gear muahahhaha :D

Marky2388
06-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Some native american kind of games back in the day....cant think of any just now but would be a good touch.

zStrictStyle
06-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Most of Skyrim's were just endless fetch quests, though. I want AC3's missions to be more fun than "Hey, I'm too lazy to get this from the village next door! Can you get it for me for $200?"

I'm not talking about missions,I mean something like lockpicking, smithing, enchanting weapons ,investing in a shop and buying a house to upgrade it.Aside from being lazy, you can always fast travel if you discovered that area and there's no loading between areas.

GeneralTrumbo
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm not talking about missions,I mean something like lockpicking, smithing, enchanting weapons ,investing in a shop and buying a house to upgrade it.Aside from being lazy, you can always fast travel if you discovered that area and there's no loading between areas.

I am for all of these side things except for enchanting weapons. I think all this would work great!

iiiNero
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
they already said in an interview that they dont want to make the game fanastic like with enchanting or like with skyrim stuff. the dart rope is the most fantastic thing in the game. i like that cause AC should be authentic in a certain way and with magical stuff it would just dont feel like u are an assassin or in the american revolution

JCearlyyears
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM
How is a real weapon fantastical? How are pieces of eden and eagle vision not fantastical?
Alex... y u no make sense?

GeneralTrumbo
06-26-2012, 02:39 PM
How is a real weapon fantastical? How are pieces of eden and eagle vision not fantastical?
Alex... y u no make sense?

The apple of eden is based off the apple from the bible. Eagle vision represents extra awareness. Both not fantastical.