PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice Connor has different Runs?

Legendz54
06-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I think they have given Connor different running animations judging on what situation he is in.
At 2:13 it looks more swift and fast ,then at 3:27 it looks like he is really trying to haul his *** out of there, then at 3:43 it looks like a mix of both runs
what are your thoughts on this?

http://youtu.be/3AgcKKjxDME

Assassin_M
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I dont know..

Awesome ? but maybe we`re looking too much into this..

playassassins1
06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
I noticed it from the beginning of the frontier demo. And I really like it, all the animations have been redone. So I wasn't really that shocked.

When he has guards after him he runs faster than I think he normally does.

Legendz54
06-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I noticed it from the beginning of the frontier demo. And I really like it, all the animations have been redone. So I wasn't really that shocked.

When he has guards after him he runs faster than I think he normally does.

Its a nice realistic touch they added, the runs don't feel kinda fake like i felt from the previous AC's, you actually feel the pressure he is under when he runs away. Really happy with these animations.

MT4K
06-24-2012, 02:08 PM
It probably is just part of their whole "organic" thing they are trying to do. Like the way he will dynamically adjust to his surroundings and such. It's an amazing looking game for things such as this.

Dralight
06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Its a nice realistic touch they added, the runs don't feel kinda fake like i felt from the previous AC's, you actually feel the pressure he is under when he runs away. Really happy with these animations.

Agreed, I imagine we'll basically feel the weight of Connor as he is moving through different environments and situations, like being bogged down in deep snow or escaping from guards at full speed. I really like the way Connor moves compared to Ezio and Altair in the other games. He seems to be much lower to the ground and it really suits his predatory nature.

Turul.
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
His run changes as he runs.

at the very beginning he runs very powerfully, his steps are more outwards, and wider aprart. but as he picks up speed the come more inward and closer and focus on forward movement.

too run faster you focus on power at the beginning, and quickly change to pure acceleration*
it's proper sprinting technique and i'm glad Ubi picked up on it, the previous animations were such poor form

De Filosoof
06-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Even better animations than uncharted if you ask me.

notafanboy
06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Even better animations than uncharted if you ask me.

to be honest, uncharted climbing animations wasn´t that impressive if you ask me

JCearlyyears
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah I don't think uncharted's animations are that good.

Zorker2
06-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I personally have not noticed it because that running seems so realistic and normal to me that I don't pay attention to it.