PDA

View Full Version : My Idea forAssassin'sCreed

xMrSmileyx
06-24-2012, 06:34 AM
Hey everyone.
Just wanted to say that a cool thing for assassin's creed would be 1st person mode. All you see is the Assassins hand's and or what weapon the holding, when the climbing he's looking up, jumping, seeing his hand grasp the ledge above. Does anyone think this would be amazing aswell?

Thanks for reading! :cool::)

Serrachio
06-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Hey everyone.
Just wanted to say that a cool thing for assassin's creed would be 1st person mode. All you see is the Assassins hand's and or what weapon the holding, when the climbing he's looking up, jumping, seeing his hand grasp the ledge above. Does anyone think this would be amazing aswell?

Not really, no.

They tried this style of gameplay with the Desmond's Journey and The Lost Archive aspects of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and it wasn't widely received as being a good feature.

Biggs39
06-24-2012, 07:07 AM
yeah thats a big no. But if you want a cool game like that play Mirrors Edge

razaqazy
06-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Personally I believe it would be a challenge to make a game relying on the environment to perform so well in a first person style. Desmond's journey is a prime example to this. AC is always about the visual and atmosphere so it will look restricted when playing first person.

massmurdera_666
06-24-2012, 08:04 AM
yeah, definately a no. i liked the lost archive and the desmond missions in ACR but i can't say that i love them.

Sushiglutton
06-24-2012, 08:12 AM
I think all the gameplay would be pretty difficult. Platforming is hard when you can't see your feet or what's around. Now Mirrors Edge did a great job of it so it's def possible. Another downsid is that we don't get to see all Connors cool moves. Melee combat is also tough in FP because you can't see what's behind you. And being so close to ur opponents u can't really get an overview. And stealth is also often played in TP because it's easier to see if ur character is hidden. Andyou can see what's on the other side of ur cover. Now all can be done in FP, but I think it would requird radical changes. I must admit it would be pretty cool to try it out though.

Sushiglutton
06-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Not really, no.

They tried this style of gameplay with the Desmond's Journey and The Lost Archive aspects of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and it wasn't widely received as being a good feature.

To be fair they were poorly designed puzzle games that had nothing to do with the real game. I think TC wants a combination of Thief, Mirrors Edge and some combat game. I agree with TC thinking it could be pretty awesome if done right.

kriegerdesgottes
06-24-2012, 08:33 AM
no thanks

gamertam
06-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone.

Welcome to the forum. I like to add to what already had been posted by other forum's members. That's a game call Dishonored will releases soon. Early in October. It had been said to be a meshed of Assassin's Creed and Bioshock. Why Bioshock? i would guess it's because you can summon powers and the mission(s)...well to assassinate. In case you haven't already watched the trailer to Dishonored. A quick search on youtube should be enough. I'm not advocating, trolling for Dishonored. Just pointing it out.

obliviondoll
06-24-2012, 03:18 PM
yeah thats a big no. But if you want a cool game like that play Mirrors Edge

I don't remember Mirror's Edge having good melee combat or any form of social stealth elements, and I do remember it having fully automatic firearms, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit as a substitute for Assassin's Creed.

Great game, but only comparable on the parkour elements, and literally nothing else.

If you want first-person gameplay with a focus and good combat, Thief: The Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age are worth a look. Just don't pick up the 3rd game, it was awful and terrible and silly. And not first-person.

BBALive
06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey everyone.

Just play Dishonored (when it comes out), any Thief game or Mirror's Edge.

oliacr
06-24-2012, 03:30 PM
third person is better for AC

JCearlyyears
06-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I'd like first person as an option. I think it would make the game a lot harder and it would be more challenging and still be fun. Also you would see everything he does through his eyes and it would feel kinda cool. If they would add it as an option and put it in the pause menu so it doesn't take up buttons I'd have no problem with it. It should be well done though as in you can see your whole body besides your head of course. Like how it is in reality. I've always though it was weird that ac wasn't first person. If they would do it I would love it.

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Not really, no.

I think something like this would be a lot different than the Desmond's journey missions, I believe what he's suggesting is something similar to what happens in Skyrim where we can play in 1st and 3rd person, I just can't think about how the combat system AC has could work in 1st person but I wouldn't mind if we were just able to free run and climb buildings in 1st person, IMO this could be interesting BUT it MUST be entirely optional if implemented...

ps: we must be able to see the character legs if we look down while in 1st person mode, otherwise don't even bother doing it.... xD

BBALive
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
I'd like first person as an option. I think it would make the game a lot harder and it would be more challenging and still be fun. Also you would see everything he does through his eyes and it would feel kinda cool. If they would add it as an option and put it in the pause menu so it doesn't take up buttons I'd have no problem with it. It should be well done though as in you can see your whole body besides your head of course. Like how it is in reality. I've always though it was weird that ac wasn't first person. If they would do it I would love it.

Too much extra work. It's not as simple as just changing the camera. The nature of Assassin's Creed's gameplay would force them to make (near enough) a seperate game for the first person view.

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Too much extra work. It's not as simple as just changing the camera. The nature of Assassin's Creed's gameplay would force them to make (near enough) a seperate game for the first person view.

they will have plenty of time after the release of AC3, unless they'll continue with that nonsense of yearly releases...

BBALive
06-24-2012, 04:45 PM
they will have plenty of time after the release of AC3, unless they'll continue with that nonsense of yearly releases...

Time they could spend improving the game rather than making a first person view that won't be used by everybody.

It works with the Elder Scrolls and Fallout because it's a simple camera change. Doing it in an Assassin's Creed game requires work, time and money that could be used doing more important things.

naran6142
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
i tend to like 3rd person better because you can see the character you play as

JCearlyyears
06-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Yearly releases aren't nonsense. AC3 wouldn't be possible without them.