PDA

View Full Version : ACR Multiplayer can get pretty boring.

mockers00
06-23-2012, 09:03 AM
With all the smoke bomb spamming and even high levels treating hiding in manhunt like assination trying to stun *Btw I got nothing against stunning in ACR*tsomeone every second. It seems the system seems really messy and chaotic at times. Even playing with high levels their just as much more chaotic and less passiente as the noobs and it kind of ruins the game. It makes it a fast passed chaotic smoked war with people in a circle stunning and assinating eachother. It really makes it stupid and boring.

I am wondering if AC3 has balanced some thing's this time around, with fresh modes like domination maybe it makes players play different.

But do you think stunning is a tad overpowered?, I know they have contested kills but man people stun like super man punches are better then blades and swords.

I like the multiplayer don't get me wrong but man, sometimes certin games can really ruin the experience of how the game should really be played, I really wish it would punish players for rushing so much and people who smoke bomb and stun, maybe not punish them but don't reward them as highley for doing the most common move in the world.

I dunno what should be done to balance and fix certin thing's what do you guys think AC3 will be like?

Collinwood01
06-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Im not saying that your opinions arent valid but you might want to check and see if a thread has already been created about what youre saying because theres a high probability that most of what you have to say was said over a year ago.

pioneerprogres
06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't say stun is over powered. It really only works either in conjunction with abilities, or if your pursuer doesn't know who you are and isn't actually prepared to kill you. You put a straight up stun against a straight up kill, the kill wins every time.

But the combination of the kill and stun into one button will probably make people think harder about stunning and I kind of expect it to slow the pace a bit. Or maybe it won't, who knows. Either way, I don't care for stun and kill being combined. Anytime a game gets dumbed down like that, it either is less fun, less precise, or both.

obliviondoll
06-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Stunning in ACR is overpowered, because it has the same range, but unlike killing, you can stun the wrong person without losing the person you're after, there's no delay after missing a stun before you can do it again, and you get a unique prompt that distinguishes pursuers from NPCs and tells you who to stun.

Saying "you put a straight up stun against a straight up kill, the kill wins" doesn't really take the whole situation into account. A straight up kill that was well set up and literally only given away by the stun prompt will be reduced from potentially over 1000 points (Hidden/Incognito/Focus = 900 without considering bonuses that require abilities or other players) to 150, and also rewards your target with 100 points, meaning you effectively only gain 50 points for the kill, and unlike your target who gets a respawn with no real penalty, you become a slow-moving easy target for other players when your kill is contested.

Targets should be afraid of their pursuers. Unless you manage to clearly outwit your pursuer, they should have the advantage. In ACR, that's rarely the case.

I'm hoping/expecting that AC3 will rectify this to some extent, with the loss of an obvious stun prompt being a big step in the right direction. The effects of a contested kill need to be carefully considered and adjusted, imo, because the combination of potentially HUGE point loss AND a movement penalty is too much.

pioneerprogres
06-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Stunning in ACR is overpowered, because it has the same range, but unlike killing, you can stun the wrong person without losing the person you're after, there's no delay after missing a stun before you can do it again, and you get a unique prompt that distinguishes pursuers from NPCs and tells you who to stun.

Saying "you put a straight up stun against a straight up kill, the kill wins" doesn't really take the whole situation into account. A straight up kill that was well set up and literally only given away by the stun prompt will be reduced from potentially over 1000 points (Hidden/Incognito/Focus = 900 without considering bonuses that require abilities or other players) to 150, and also rewards your target with 100 points, meaning you effectively only gain 50 points for the kill, and unlike your target who gets a respawn with no real penalty, you become a slow-moving easy target for other players when your kill is contested.

Targets should be afraid of their pursuers. Unless you manage to clearly outwit your pursuer, they should have the advantage. In ACR, that's rarely the case.

I'm hoping/expecting that AC3 will rectify this to some extent, with the loss of an obvious stun prompt being a big step in the right direction. The effects of a contested kill need to be carefully considered and adjusted, imo, because the combination of potentially HUGE point loss AND a movement penalty is too much.

As convenient as it makes defensive play, I totally agree that the stun prompt needs to go. You should only have a chance at stunning your pursuer if you absolutely know who they are. I realize the prompt is supposed to make the game friendlier to new players and all, but it sucks that it's a dead giveaway every time. There's no way to get a focus kill unless you OSB or are looking down on your target from a perch.

FilipinoNinja67
06-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Or you can pay attention to your target's movements and catch him off guard and get a focus.

pioneerprogres
06-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Or you can pay attention to your target's movements and catch him off guard and get a focus.

that's the thing about the stun prompt. You could do everything right but still get the stun prompt over your head. The only way I know of to avoid it is to have a teammate acting obvious to where your target can't even see you on the screen, but even that is difficult to get right since the third person view lets you see behind you a bit.

I know I say "adapt" and all, so I did, it just means I OSB if I want a focus. Though resilience is a good counter to that. Thankfully, hidden kills are much more rewarding anyway, so that's been more my aim as of late.

obliviondoll
06-23-2012, 04:03 PM
There's the other option for Focus that you guys are forgetting...

Rooftop Focus.

While it's not true for everyone, there are still players who don't look up often enough, and even the ones who do look up often assume that if you're standing and watching without making a move, you haven't picked them out yet, and are hoping they'll give themselves away. If you HAVE picked them out, they're giving you a free Focus bonus.

pioneerprogres
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
There's the other option for Focus that you guys are forgetting...

Rooftop Focus.

While it's not true for everyone, there are still players who don't look up often enough, and even the ones who do look up often assume that if you're standing and watching without making a move, you haven't picked them out yet, and are hoping they'll give themselves away. If you HAVE picked them out, they're giving you a free Focus bonus.

As convenient as it makes defensive play, I totally agree that the stun prompt needs to go. You should only have a chance at stunning your pursuer if you absolutely know who they are. I realize the prompt is supposed to make the game friendlier to new players and all, but it sucks that it's a dead giveaway every time. There's no way to get a focus kill unless you OSB or are looking down on your target from a perch.

it's there. :)

obliviondoll
06-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Oops... My mistake.

But that was the most reliable way to get Focus in ACB, and is practically the only way to get Focus without an ability in ACR.

If you want a naked Focus in ACR, you pretty much only have "from above" or "target stopped playing for a moment" as viable options.

MrKnox122
06-23-2012, 05:01 PM
My Reason why ACR is super boring

-Maps are not that bright like Brotherhood was
-The Characters are Boring cause there no real personalty them.
-All kill Animation are same beside the Character so called "Favorite Weapons AKA Gold Weapons"
-I am getting tried of Raging the of samething

mockers00
06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes the stunning icon on people's heads has to come but it has also come to my attention in AC3 if you stun the wrong person you will also get a downtime timer, perhaps this mean the stun promot will be gone.

Yeah ACR can get pretty dull, speacially when the games become a smoke bomb circle round-about of stunning and killing. It's just like really..... I know that's part of the game but it really ruins the feel of it alot of times.

Also heard smoke bombs will have a longer cooldown but I hope that stops the Smokebomb spam. I do not have anything against smoke bomb but it can get really annoying, and the counters are limited speacially if your already caught int he smoke, usally I just let me teamates rush in and then wait for the smoke to settle and make my move but it really ruins alot of tactics for me when people spam smoke bomb, I was thinking maybe in smoke bomb, you would not be able to dodge out of the way if the attacker already did a an assinate on you, but if you time it before hand he will be affected by the smoke, but if he does the assinate and as most people throw it late and they dodge out of they. I think that would help plus the long cooldowns. Also I suppose new and better abilities in AC3 will help and maybe they will make more counters to smoke bomb

But as ACR, oh boy it can make couple fun *feeling like I am assassin games* into a *Oh wait I am playing some arcade noob game feeling* It sucks, I don't hate the game but I despise some of the things that happens, mostly stunning and smoke bombs.

Like obv said the hiding team should be fearing his persurer not nearly getting as many stuns as kills. I am not against stuns but I do think stuns are at times almost as good or equal as assinate.

pioneerprogres
06-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Yes the stunning icon on people's heads has to come but it has also come to my attention in AC3 if you stun the wrong person you will also get a downtime timer, perhaps this mean the stun promot will be gone.

Yeah ACR can get pretty dull, speacially when the games become a smoke bomb circle round-about of stunning and killing. It's just like really..... I know that's part of the game but it really ruins the feel of it alot of times.

Also heard smoke bombs will have a longer cooldown but I hope that stops the Smokebomb spam. I do not have anything against smoke bomb but it can get really annoying, and the counters are limited speacially if your already caught int he smoke, usally I just let me teamates rush in and then wait for the smoke to settle and make my move but it really ruins alot of tactics for me when people spam smoke bomb, I was thinking maybe in smoke bomb, you would not be able to dodge out of the way if the attacker already did a an assinate on you, but if you time it before hand he will be affected by the smoke, but if he does the assinate and as most people throw it late and they dodge out of they. I think that would help plus the long cooldowns. Also I suppose new and better abilities in AC3 will help and maybe they will make more counters to smoke bomb

But as ACR, oh boy it can make couple fun *feeling like I am assassin games* into a *Oh wait I am playing some arcade noob game feeling* It sucks, I don't hate the game but I despise some of the things that happens, mostly stunning and smoke bombs.

Like obv said the hiding team should be fearing his persurer not nearly getting as many stuns as kills. I am not against stuns but I do think stuns are at times almost as good or equal as assinate.

I agree about the stun prompt, and a cooldown for erroneous stuns might be good, i mean you lose a contract if you kill an npc so why no penalty for stunning one? Only consequence is a brief moment of vulnerability.

Ive alwsys felt the opposite about kills vs stuns though. I mean, i get it fits the format and all, but logically i keep thinking, hey im a templar assassin too, why cant i defend my self against another, ya know?

mockers00
06-24-2012, 01:10 AM
I agree about the stun prompt, and a cooldown for erroneous stuns might be good, i mean you lose a contract if you kill an npc so why no penalty for stunning one? Only consequence is a brief moment of vulnerability.

Ive alwsys felt the opposite about kills vs stuns though. I mean, i get it fits the format and all, but logically i keep thinking, hey im a templar assassin too, why cant i defend my self against another, ya know?

I defiantly feel you on being able to defned yourself but the point of manhunt kind of and other game modes that include hiding is to stay hidden and tactics to be unseen and escape your pesurer. I do not want stun's totally just taken out, stuns fit the game for sure but they are overpowered, The range, the stun promote and some other thing's. The objective of the hiding team shouldn't be stunning everyone. It should be about hiding and stealth and using tactics and using stuns for logical situations and escapes. It's annoying when people throw smokes and stun like 3 people, obviously yeah their shouldnt be 3 people their but stuff happens. I just want a little more balancing on Smoke Bombs and Stuns and little more peantlizing for people who rush on offense and defense.

Drakuaza
06-24-2012, 02:42 AM
That's why we Need Sprint Boost in ACIII Multiplayer, so we can bring back fast paced action for combat and races.

BoZ v2 HD
06-25-2012, 01:36 AM
I can tolerate the mass smoke bombing and annoying stun prompts but the biggest offender in this game is being able drop a smoke or mute mid animation.
There should be more stun and run gameplay like ACB rather than stun, smoke, stun, mute, stun, contested kill etc. It would be nice to have more options for creative hiding rather than being forced to stun to get any decent points. Should be hunters vs hiders not hunters vs 'not allowed to kill' hunters.

This isn't a hate post, i love AC multiplayer.

mockers00
06-25-2012, 01:41 AM
I can tolerate the mass smoke bombing and annoying stun prompts but the biggest offender in this game is being able drop a smoke or mute mid animation.

You said everything perfect in that sentence.

BeCk41
06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
With all the smoke bomb spamming and even high levels treating hiding in manhunt like assination trying to stun *Btw I got nothing against stunning in ACR*tsomeone every second. It seems the system seems really messy and chaotic at times. Even playing with high levels their just as much more chaotic and less passiente as the noobs and it kind of ruins the game. It makes it a fast passed chaotic smoked war with people in a circle stunning and assinating eachother. It really makes it stupid and boring.

I am wondering if AC3 has balanced some thing's this time around, with fresh modes like domination maybe it makes players play different.

But do you think stunning is a tad overpowered?, I know they have contested kills but man people stun like super man punches are better then blades and swords.

I like the multiplayer don't get me wrong but man, sometimes certin games can really ruin the experience of how the game should really be played, I really wish it would punish players for rushing so much and people who smoke bomb and stun, maybe not punish them but don't reward them as highley for doing the most common move in the world.

I dunno what should be done to balance and fix certin thing's what do you guys think AC3 will be like?

@mockers00- well its not that the multiplayer is particularly boring but I think what your trying to say is that it is a bit repetitive and predictable among players. Sometimes it feels like everyone does the same thing--wants as many points as possible so they do whatever it takes in a short amount of time. To be honest I really didn't enjoy playing ACR to ACB, some stuff was changed but it overall didn't feel like the same game to me. As to whether or not stuff will be fixed in AC3, the answer is most likey not. But you will have just 1 button for stun and kill I presume, and hopefully players take their time in AC3. I always respect people who take their time and who are super sneaky opposed to players who rush kill you, but everyone's different in how they play. I do agree about most of your observations about the game, and hopefully AC3 could change players to take their time and stop rushing.