PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 PC Version Delayed!

pacmanate
06-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Well, almost expectedly, the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III has been delayed. It is due to release now on the 23rd of November 2012.

The delay was spotted by the Czech arm of Eurogamer, via a promotional image sent ove to them from a publishing source. You can view the image below.

Ubisoft’s response to the news was: “The Windows PC release date is still to be announced.”

The PC versions of both Brotherhood and Revelations were also delayed.

http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/AC3PC.jpg

Source: http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/06/22/assassins-creed-iii-pc-version-delayed/

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 04:45 PM
So shocking. Keep treating PC market as dirt Ubisoft, the PC market will repay you with low sales.

EscoBlades
06-22-2012, 04:47 PM
So shocking. Keep treating PC market as dirt Ubisoft, the PC market will repay you with low sales.

I'm sorry....but how is a small delay (which hasn't been confirmed by Ubi anyway) being treated as dirt? Delays happen all the time. And the PC version gets much more stuff at launch, stuff which needs time to be added.

So, i don't understand your annoyance.

MT4K
06-22-2012, 04:54 PM
As a PC gamer primarily i am not bothered if this is true or not. As long as it comes out and gives me enough time to finish the story before the actual date of the doomsday event then it won't be the end of the world :P.

More seriously though as i said in another PC thread before. If it comes out at the same time as consoles then great. if not then it wouldn't be a surprise anyway and the PC gamers should be used to it by now. (yes i agree it sucks but it is just a game and waiting a little longer for a game is not going to kill anybody).

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Delays happen all the time.And yet other publishers have absolutely zero problems releasing PC versions of their games the same day as console versions.

freddie_1897
06-22-2012, 04:57 PM
And yet other publishers have absolutely zero problems releasing PC versions of their games the same day as console versions.
actually thats not true, quite a lot of publishers release games on PC later than on console

EscoBlades
06-22-2012, 04:58 PM
And yet other publishers have absolutely zero problems releasing PC versions of their games the same day as console versions.

And yet there are other publishers that also delay PC versions too. Moot point. Getting irate about it won't make it come anyquicker really.

As MT4K pointed out (and from personal experience), i'm used to delays from almost every publisher. Been happening for 10 years as i can remember. Things happen. Play another game till it comes out.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 05:13 PM
And yet there are other publishers that also delay PC versions too. Moot point. Getting irate about it won't make it come anyquicker really.
Yeah, it will. This has nothing to do with technical "difficulties". If gamers keep opposing this, it will end eventually.

Sushiglutton
06-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm ok with that, it's less than a month. I don't get why they lie about it for evey game though. I mean pretending like they are planning to release at the same time, when they so obv never intended to do that. The lying bothers me more than the delay. I think it's disrespectful to their fans and frankly a bit pathetic. Oh, below must be posted in all threads on this topic ;):

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

IMRicko
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

^^^shows how ubisoft suck at lying

Locopells
06-22-2012, 05:44 PM
'Sni.ggers for the umpteenth time at the above'

And yeah, it the fact that it's always going to happen (even if they don't know when and how long for) yet they still maintain the opposite that's the irritation.

Ubisoft’s response to the news was: “The Windows PC release date is still to be announced.”

At least they've stopped claiming it's October 30th/31st.

I can live with three weeks though, it's not too bad. PC version won't get much more stuff at launch though Esco. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that only happens when there is the stupid delays like ACII and ACB that take the PC version beyond the release date of the DLC content, which is then included. Not likely to happen in three weeks, PC didn't get the Lost Archive and extra multiplayer stuff for ACR.

Sushiglutton
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Can someone explain the marketing strategy to make lies like this? Why not just say from the start something like: "The PC version will be released around a month later so that we have time to polish the extra graphical features" (not that I believe that's the truth, but it's a lie no one can check at least). Instead they are making themselves look a bit silly and piss people off for no real gain that I can think of. I mean sooner or later they'll be forced to announce the delay anyway. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

FirestarLuva
06-22-2012, 05:54 PM
My life is ruined!

Lass4r
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Actually, the fanboys in this forum annoy me more than Ubisoft does. Some, and we all know their names, like to act like we're all stupid for criticising anything Ubi does.

I'm not even a PC player, but I sympathise with you, Ubisoft lied, they have lied to us before. It's a huge mistake to do so, and anyone trying to defend that please have a good long think before you do so.

Lastly, I just want to say that I love Assassin's Creed.

iNvid22
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry....but how is a small delay (which hasn't been confirmed by Ubi anyway) being treated as dirt? Delays happen all the time. And the PC version gets much more stuff at launch, stuff which needs time to be added.

So, i don't understand your annoyance.

seriously, stop trying to defend this.

since ubi's atrocious DRM was scaled back they've been delaying PC versions as a last barrier against piracy - it doesn't work, nor will it encourage console sales, just inconvenience legit pc customers.

first it was brotherhood, then revelations, future soldier was out on consoles over a month ago but the pc version comes out on the 26th
i wouldnt be surprised if far cry 3 gets pushed back on PC too

as for the "pc versions get more stuff at launch" point, thats nonsense.

a reasonable delay was max payne 3. it was delayed by 2 weeks because diablo 3 came out on the same day and there was a genuine fear that pc sales would suffer if the game launched alongside diablo.

mockers00
06-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I am going to be like all the other annoying wanna be mod people in here and try to close this thread because it's in the wrong category.

POST IT IN THE PC FORUM NOOB :]

*****s these days

misterB2001
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Ubi should just do a Bethesda and release it in a broken state, like they did with Skyrim on the ps3.......or delay it to make sure it's in a playable state , I don't care either way, I will be playing it on ps3

AnthonyA85
06-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Well, i can firmly and with confidence, say that i saw this coming from day one, ever since AC3 was announced. I am not surprised in the least, and in fact, I expected this. I've learned to stop hoping for a platform-wide release on the same day.

The only consolation is, that like ACR, the delay is only 3 or so weeks, and not half a F-ing year. But regardless of the release date, i will still have to wait another month after the PC release to play it, since it'l be so close to christmas, i know my parents won't let me play it early, of course if i got the Digital Deluxe version, they won't be able to stop me :p (which is probably the reason they won't let me get that)

And Mockers...

While this IS in the WRONG forum for this thread, most people (including the PC players) who post here on these boards spend most of their time in the Console section, since that's where all the discussions take place, the PC section is just generally used for feedback.

EscoBlades
06-22-2012, 06:34 PM
seriously, stop trying to defend this.

Did you read my response? It was in direct response to his "being treated like dirt" comment. At no point did i defend the separate release date issue. Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

And to anyone claiming they were lied to, every trailer released (at least in the Uk region) for AC3 has clearly stated that the PC format release is "to be confirmed". So to jump to the conclusion that you were being lied to is an over reach at best. See, i can get "annoyed" too Laas4r.

Now if we can all kindly return to some semblance of civil discussion about a topic which, and i repeat, has not been officially confirmed by Ubisoft yet, that would be great.

POP1Fan
06-22-2012, 06:36 PM
I play the game on PC and the only problem I might have with this is I don't want any spoilers, and it would be hard for me not to get any...but if it's true this only gives me more time to get money for the Collector's Editon xD

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Guys..

Lets remain civil..

As pointed out, the PC release date has been "To Be Announced" for a few months.

Any release information not posted by Ubisoft - should be treated as rumour.

Lass4r
06-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Did you read my response? It was in direct response to his "being treated like dirt" comment. At no point did i defend the separate release date issue. Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

And to anyone claiming they were lied to, every trailer released (at least in the Uk region) for AC3 has clearly stated that the PC format release is "to be confirmed". So to jump to the conclusion that you were being lied to is an over reach at best. See, i can get "annoyed" too Laas4r.

Now if we can all kindly return to some semblance of civil discussion about a topic which, and i repeat, has not been officially confirmed by Ubisoft yet, that would be great.
They did lie if this delay turns out to be true. My source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html
Bottom of the page.

SixKeys
06-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Guys..

Lets remain civil..

As pointed out, the PC release date has been "To Be Announced" for a few months.

So how about Ubisoft post an official statement to confirm or deny these rumors?

I know, it's a crazy idea, but it just might work.

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 06:55 PM
So how about Ubisoft post an official statement to confirm or deny these rumors?

I know, it's a crazy idea, but it just might work.
As pointed out in the article, Ubisoft have stated the PC version release date is to be announced..

I repeated that..

So until that changes, that's your official statement.

EscoBlades
06-22-2012, 06:59 PM
They did lie if this delay turns out to be true. My source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html
Bottom of the page.

The PR never answered the question. Furthermore, a journalist wrote that it was due out on all platforms on the 30th of October. As i stated earlier, EVERy trailer released so far has clearly stated at the end that the PC format release is "to be confirmed"

To top it all off, you have an official voice in this thread telling you the same thing (Mr Shade). If you still believe you have been "lied to" then that's totally on you.

Sushiglutton
06-22-2012, 07:08 PM
The PR never answered the question. Furthermore, a journalist wrote that it was due out on all platforms on the 30th of October. As i stated earlier, EVERy trailer released so far has clearly stated at the end that the PC format release is "to be confirmed"

To top it all off, you have an official voice in this thread telling you the same thing (Mr Shade). If you still believe you have been "lied to" then that's totally on you.

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Well current official statement is:

"We do not comment on rumors or speculation."

So I suggest people stop pointing fingers...

Bucur92
06-22-2012, 07:20 PM

Oh please Mr_Shade we know from the beginning that eventually the PC version will be delayed so stop this nonsense with "We do not comment on rumors or speculation."So now youre going to tell me it is still on track and the miracle will happen it will launch alongside the console version.

Mr_Shade
06-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Think what you wish.

You have the official comments on the story, so I'll leave it there.

Bucur92
06-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Think what you wish.

You have the official comments on the story, so I'll leave it there.

Sorry I dont mean to jump on you but all i whant is a straight answer no more lies.

Locopells
06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Can someone explain the marketing strategy to make lies like this? Why not just say from the start something like: "The PC version will be released around a month later so that we have time to polish the extra graphical features" (not that I believe that's the truth, but it's a lie no one can check at least). Instead they are making themselves look a bit silly and piss people off for no real gain that I can think of. I mean sooner or later they'll be forced to announce the delay anyway. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Well whatever the reason, all they have to do is stick to what they said in the small print of the very first trailer (PC Format Release to be confirmed), rather then all the bull of it being October, then delayed. Then if it turns out to not be delayed then can make a big thing of it.

I am going to be like all the other annoying wanna be mod people in here and try to close this thread because it's in the wrong category.

*****s these days

Nobody reads that other then for bugs and stuff these days, main news is here.

They commented fast enough to say the game isn't anti Brit which was nothing more then gamer speculation and personal opinions...

UbiGabe
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Sorry I dont mean to jump on you but all i whant is a straight answer no more lies.

Thanks for apologizing... I have to admit, I was a bit upset by the antagonism I perceived being directed at Shade.

Shade has not lied to you and deserves none of your ire. I'm not sure what was going on in that GameSpy article, but as both Shade and Esco point out, subsequent messaging has indicated with almost rock-solid consistency that the PC release date remains unannounced.

As such, our response to this new specific article, which did not originate from Ubisoft is "we do not comment on rumor or speculation."

Locopells
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Oh hell, no one's blaming Shade. Least I'm not. As had been said many times before, mods ain't the devs.

As such, our response to this new specific article, which did not originate from Ubisoft is "we do not comment on rumor or speculation."

See above.

By the way, when did the date change from being October to unannounced?

UbiGabe
06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
By the way, when did the date change from being October to unannounced?

I don't know that it ever did *change*... aside from the comments in that GameSpy article. We try to play these sorts of things pretty close to the vest. For example, we'd *never* announced a specific release window for Brotherhood PC, but tons of people seemed to think that it was repeatedly delayed because they were getting their news from every place except Ubisoft.

To be clear, there are a lot of sources that will post release dates that are not necessarily official, such as press outlets and online retailers. Official announcements come from Ubisoft.

Locopells
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Well they're saying it's unannounced now, but the first gameplay trailer in the UK still had it as October, so it changed sometime! And both of these are Ubi, so...

EscoBlades
06-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Well they're saying it's unannounced now, but the first gameplay trailer in the UK still had it as October, so it changed sometime! And both of these are Ubi, so...

Nah, all UK AC3 trailers have PC Format release "to be confirmed" in the last few seconds of the vids (bottom right hand corner)

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr193/gbiese/PC.png

Locopells
06-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Really? I've only seen the North America versions which didn't mention PC at all, but when I bought it up, I got told all the UK versions had it on?

IIIURBNIII
06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
MR SHADE just owned someone in the xbox forum, that was funny

Locopells
06-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Wazzat?

Bucur92
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for apologizing... I have to admit, I was a bit upset by the antagonism I perceived being directed at Shade.

Shade has not lied to you and deserves none of your ire. I'm not sure what was going on in that GameSpy article, but as both Shade and Esco point out, subsequent messaging has indicated with almost rock-solid consistency that the PC release date remains unannounced.

Well we can agree that PC version will release after the console.You can't deny that.

Layytez
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm confused. More time was spent on making this game and the PC version still gets delayed ? :confused:

SixKeys
06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm confused. More time was spent on making this game and the PC version still gets delayed ? :confused:

Keep in mind the PC version always requires extra optimizing and has better graphics.

Layytez
06-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Keep in mind the PC version always requires extra optimizing and has better graphics.

True but they have had the extra time for that and polishing.

iNvid22
06-22-2012, 11:36 PM

If the pc versions were really being optimized and given some proper treatment then i wouldn't mind, but all of the AC PC games have been pretty standard ports (max payne 3 is an example of a solid pc release)

"Extra optimizing and better graphics" just doesn't fly. Ubi do this for every release to try and combat piracy - it doesnt work

MT4K
06-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Disclaimer: I apologise for the long post but i just had to say it. This is not defending Ubisoft or their actions. It is simply stating how i personally see things. Most of this is just my opinion and is in no way directed at anybody specific.

The problem is that if they don't announce a release date then people will get mad and ask "why won't you give a release date". If they do give a release date then people say "but it will be delayed".

Maybe in the future Ubisoft should take the approach of saying "when it's done" and kind of cover the bases a little since "to be announced" is obviously too vague in representing the same sentiment of when it is done.

I mean come on any time there is a new trailer that for whatever reason doesn't mention the pc version people will jump up and down complaining. If it mentions the PC version with a "TBD" people jump up and down complaining. If they give a date then people jump left and right (up and down is getting old) and complain about expecting it to be delayed. I imagine if ubisoft actually listed a release date from the beginning that said 2 weeks after the console version's release date. People would still complain saying "why not at the same time as the console version" and i'm sure a few would also complain expecting it to be delayed from THAT date as well.

They might want to maximise console sales first and delaying the PC version just a little may grab a few people who are impatient to get it on console instead. Ubisoft like many companies i imagine probably make more money from Console sales and so doing little things to try and boost them a little more makes sense from a business perspective.

Yes it sucks. No i don't agree with it as a Gamer and would love all games to be released at the same time on every system, but people complain about so many things these days that you cannot help but feel like we as gamers in general have been terribly spoilt over the years. Unless there's some really strange circumstance or some kind of bad luck situation then a couple of weeks longer to wait for a game is not going to stop anybody sleeping at night. People have become so impatient and have this horrible feeling of entitlement nowadays.

How much does it truly matter if some people get it before others. We should all really just be glad that every major system is getting the game at all. Especially since if i recall (I MAY BE WRONG) but wasn't AC1 briefly going to be a PS3 exclusive? Even if it didn't they still could have made the AC series a console exclusive at any time. That's the thing to really complain about. Games being exclusive to only a single system. Everybody should be able to play and enjoy the same games as everybody else. Even if it means waiting a little longer to get them.

playassassins1
06-23-2012, 12:08 AM
First of all. I'm not defending Ubi, I'm giving my own opinion, which some you don't understand. Just like all the others who are ''Defending'' Ubi

PC versions get delayed, not only this franchise. Just get over it *just gave my own opinion there!*

Helforsite
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM
It didnt even worked I remember that the PC version of ACR was leaked a week before it officially came out.
What really pisses me oft(personally) is that you Ubi_Gabe and all of your Coworkers(Alex, Corey etc.) said at the E3 that the PC version is going to be released on October 30th(interview with loomer and others) and didnt say that the PC isnt confirmed yet. What you said was mostly this: " Assassin's Creed 3 will be released on XBox, PS3,PC and WiiU on October 30th." And this much more recognized than an little text on the very end of an trailer(i did read them though). I hope you understand my english if not pls ask for explaination.

Locopells
06-23-2012, 01:03 AM
That's why I asked when it changed.

Edit: 400 posts, wahoo!

Assassin_M
06-23-2012, 01:06 AM
PC Release to be Announced: Come on !! tell us the date, we wont care..
PC release date with consoles: They`re liars because they hate us..
PC release delayed: Darn you Ubisoft for treating us like trash..

You cant satisfy everyone..

Locopells
06-23-2012, 01:14 AM
I'll take - drumroll and flashing lights - Option One!

Jexx21
06-23-2012, 01:16 AM
As a PC player-

I don't care.

Locopells
06-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Your prerogative!

pacmanate
06-23-2012, 01:58 PM

*****s these days

...what?

Just saying, every company says that ;) But yeah whatever.

I just don't understand this though, I'm not a PC gamer but I know that games are made on PC's with the same specs as the respective console, (aka a 360 because PS3's are ports). So why do PC games always get delayed in most cases?

catkiller97
06-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Like Esco and Shade said this should be treated as rumour.

Locopells
06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
It was Esco that posted it!

MT4K
06-23-2012, 02:46 PM
It was Esco that posted it!

Esco posted it in the PC forum section, but it was originally posted in this Console section by pacmanate

dxsxhxcx
06-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Esco posted it in the PC forum section, but it was originally posted in this Console section by pacmanate

Escoblades wrote the article that the OP used as source...

IMO if this date end up being true it only shows how Ubisoft care about the PC gamers, because this leak will be a confirmation about how they knew beforehand that the game would be delayed and didn't "care" to tell us... what IMO is worse than the delay itself...

MT4K
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Escoblades wrote the article that the OP used as source....

Haha you're right. My bad i totally missed that when i checked it the first time :D

pacmanate
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Check dat SAUCE. Either way, yes its not confirmed, but the PC forums are dead all the time, hence why I posted here.

Bucur92
06-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Check dat SAUCE. Either way, yes its not confirmed, but the PC forums are dead all the time, hence why I posted here.

Yes youre right the PC forums are used for reporting bugs and feedback

SixKeys
06-23-2012, 05:19 PM
IMO it's not really fair for Esco to expect us to treat something that he posted as merely a rumor. We know he sometimes gets to hear things from Ubi that aren't yet officially confirmed and will sometimes drop hints about them in his articles. He wrote the article about how now would be a great time for Ubi to release an AC game with a female protagonist and when AC: Liberation was announced, he admitted he already knew about it and was deliberately trying to drop hints about it by writing the article. So now he posts an article about the PC version being delayed and expects us to believe he's merely reporting rumors?

Helforsite
06-23-2012, 05:43 PM
I perosnally would like to say that Esco is either a hardcore-fanboy or he likes to suck up to Ubisoft. I am not trying to offend anybody but in every single Interview with Ubi or video about AC he just treats AC like a god and act like it has not a single flaw. I have nothing others against him but this really annoys me about his videos.

POP1Fan
06-23-2012, 05:46 PM
I perosnally would like to say that Esco is either a hardcore-fanboy or he likes to suck up to Ubisoft. I am not trying to offend anybody but in every single Interview with Ubi or video about AC he just treats AC like a god and act like it has not a single flaw. I have nothing others against him but this really annoys me about his videos.

To be fair, the flaws people find in AC are laughable.

Locopells
06-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Minor rather than laughable I would have said.

Bucur92
06-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Ubisoft is full of **** they delay PC version by 3 weeks for what optimization no because they already stated(Alex Hutchinson) they will not work to much on it which will result in a mediocre port.

Helforsite
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM
To be fair, the flaws people find in AC are laughable.

Minor rather than laughable I would have said.
Fanbboy more please....-.-

Locopells
06-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Eh?

POP1Fan
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Eh?

Troll.And a bad one that is.

Layytez
06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Why waste your time in posting an article if your just going to tell us to consider it a rumour. You yourself must think it's somewhat true if you of all people decided to post it. We all know you get inside info so be careful what you say to the public when your living the life getting direct info.

EscoBlades
06-23-2012, 07:46 PM
IMO it's not really fair for Esco to expect us to treat something that he posted as merely a rumor. We know he sometimes gets to hear things from Ubi that aren't yet officially confirmed and will sometimes drop hints about them in his articles. He wrote the article about how now would be a great time for Ubi to release an AC game with a female protagonist and when AC: Liberation was announced, he admitted he already knew about it and was deliberately trying to drop hints about it by writing the article. So now he posts an article about the PC version being delayed and expects us to believe he's merely reporting rumors?

Here's the thing. If i knew it was going to be delayed, i'd have made that clear in the article. I've written more than enough for you to be able to go back in time and determine my style, especially when i'm either sure of unannounced info, or not. As you can see, i quote a source link. Meaning an outlet got the informtion. I merely reported it as a rumour based on that source link (Czech Eurogamer) and the image they suppled.

As has already been made clear by Mr Shade, and Ubigabe (they officially speak for Ubisoft, not me), it remains rumour until confirmed or denied officially by Ubisoft. Nothing more, nothing less.

In other words, i have absolutely no information about any PC release date other than what you read in the article. Sorry if you took that any other way than was presented.

Helforsite
06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Troll.And a bad one that is.
Maybe your are too much of a fanboy to understand it but what i wanted to say that AC had and have some big flaws like the missing innovation in ACB+ACR and the missing support for PC gamers.

evil9494
06-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Here's the thing. If i knew it was going to be delayed, i'd have made that clear in the article. I've written more than enough for you to be able to go back in time and determine my style, especially when i'm either sure of unannounced info, or not. As you can see, i quote a source link. Meaning an outlet got the informtion. I merely reported it as a rumour based on that source link (Czech Eurogamer) and the image they suppled.

As has already been made clear by Mr Shade, and Ubigabe (they officially speak for Ubisoft, not me), it remains rumour until confirmed or denied officially by Ubisoft. Nothing more, nothing less.

In other words, i have absolutely no information about any PC release date other than what you read in the article. Sorry if you took that any other way than was presented.

Esco made it very clear. Just stop trolling every time you read something. They write this things to get their attention, to get more audience. Has someone tought that this stupid yellow strip may be just photoshopped. Now lets stop talking who is giving hints and who is lying and wait for official statement :)

Bucur92
06-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Esco made it very clear. Just stop trolling every time you read something. They write this things to get their attention, to get more audience. Has someone tought that this stupid yellow strip may be just photoshopped. Now lets stop talking who is giving hints and who is lying and wait for official statement :)

We dont need to wait for official statement to confirm what we already know that the PC version will be delayed.I mean they never released PC version alongside console so why do you think they will start now with AC3.

oliacr
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
2-3 weeks are possible ...

Locopells
06-24-2012, 12:12 AM
To put it simply, Esco posted it, but didn't say he considered it rumour, rather talking about how the PC version 'has been delayed' instead of 'might be'. That's why people got confused. Sometimes these things need spelling out from the start, in order to remove any possible misunderstanding.

EscoBlades
06-24-2012, 12:20 AM
To put it simply, Esco posted it, but didn't say he considered it rumour, rather talking about how the PC version 'has been delayed' instead of 'might be'. That's why people got confused. Sometimes these things need spelling out from the start, in order to remove any possible misunderstanding.

So you missed the part of the article that clearly said:

Ubisoft’s response to the news was: “The Windows PC release date is still to be announced.”Or the part where i linked to the original source of the rumour.

I don't really see how else you need it to be spelled out.

Locopells
06-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Since I don't know Czech, the original source wasn't much help to me. As for Ubi denying it, that's that standard response to most leaks and means bugger all, in either direction.

That said, I do appreciate that no official announcement has been made about whether this is right or wrong - I was just pointing out that when you said:

...the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III has been delayed. It is due to release now on the 23rd of November 2012.

people might be inclined to take you at your word...

No agro intended!

LightRey
06-24-2012, 12:12 PM
So you missed the part of the article that clearly said:

Or the part where i linked to the original source of the rumour.

I don't really see how else you need it to be spelled out.
They can't delay a date that hasn't been announced yet. Problem solved. ;D

Bucur92
06-24-2012, 12:24 PM
They can't delay a date that hasn't been announced yet. Problem solved. ;D

Why dont you check this http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html scroll down and you will see how much Ubisoft lies this days.

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Why dont you check this http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html scroll down and you will see how much Ubisoft lies this days.

why people keep using that article?! Look at its date (March 26th, 2012), after that they released some trailers where the date for the PC version appears as yet to be announced or something like that, which means this article is outdated, if now after they released these trailers they say that the PC version will be released at the same day as the console version and then delay it, then you can say they're lying...

Bucur92
06-24-2012, 04:42 PM
why people keep using that article?! Look at its date (March 26th, 2012), after that they released some trailers where the date for the PC version appears as yet to be announced or something like that, which means this article is outdated, if now after they released these trailers they say that the PC version will be released at the same day as the console version and then delay it, then you can say they're lying...

OMG i can believe youre defending them.

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm not defending them, I just think this discussion is pointless, the game will be delayed, it happened with every Assassin's Creed title and I don't think this time will be different, what's wrong of their part IMO is left us in the dark... I can't believe they aren't capable to give us a solid release date for the PC version at this point...

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-24-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry, I laughed out loud when I read this comment, you look like a 9 year old kid. People should be "defending" Ubisoft.

Most people here are upset about a delay? Look at the ****storm that erupted when Bethesda released Skyrim on the PS3, broken and unable to play. They could have held back the release and worked on it, instead they were too focused on releasing the game on 11/11/11. You should be happy Ubisoft is delaying it, this shows they actually care about the game they release and they want it to be a quality game, instead of releasing a half completed game. You have already made UbiGabe, and Mr.Shade come into this very stupid argument, what else do you want? Ubisoft to forget the delay and release it? I'm sure most of you would just rage more.

tl;dr: Shutup and be happy about a delay, instead of getting a half completed game.

Lordreaven
06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Guys..

Lets remain civil..

Ubisoft PR:October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's therealPC release date?

Ubisoft PR:It's October 30th.

Ubisoft PR:You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

Ubisoft PR:...

Your PR guy said otherwise with GameSpy.:confused:

Locopells
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
That's what - the sixth time this has been quoted now?

Lordreaven
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
That's what - the sixth time this has been quoted now?

Yet no response to it. Why would you state a release date then turn around and say "We never had a release date"? But it's also a good quote too :D.

I wish UBI would just treat PC gamers with some respect instead of accusing us all of piracy (Ironic, when EVERYONE I know who owns a 360 pirates). Give us a good port, no delay and watch sales fly.

Bucur92
06-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry, I laughed out loud when I read this comment, you look like a 9 year old kid. People should be "defending" Ubisoft.

Most people here are upset about a delay? Look at the ****storm that erupted when Bethesda released Skyrim on the PS3, broken and unable to play. They could have held back the release and worked on it, instead they were too focused on releasing the game on 11/11/11. You should be happy Ubisoft is delaying it, this shows they actually care about the game they release and they want it to be a quality game, instead of releasing a half completed game. You have already made UbiGabe, and Mr.Shade come into this very stupid argument, what else do you want? Ubisoft to forget the delay and release it? I'm sure most of you would just rage more.

tl;dr: Shutup and be happy about a delay, instead of getting a half completed game.

Well my friend Alex Hutchinson admitted in an interview that the PC version won't get much special treatment so you will get a mediocre port.I mean how dumb can you be they did this with ACR which got delayed 2 weeks but the game appeard on torrent sites which mean the game was done but got delayed to maximise console sales not to optimize the game.

De Filosoof
06-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Well my friend Alex Hutchinson admitted in an interview that the PC version won't get much special treatment so you will get a mediocre port.I mean how dumb can you be they did this with ACR which got delayed 2 weeks but the game appeard on torrent sites which mean the game was done but got delayed to maximise console sales not to optimize the game.
^ This is the reason, not because it wouldn't be finished.

AnthonyA85
06-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Delays happen, release dates change.

Who here on these forums can honestly say with a straight face that they didn't see this coming? (if it is indeed true, which i'm 90% sure it is based on Ubi's track record)

To all those still *****ing, read the above two sentences and get over it.

douglaswalkers
06-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Ubisoft delaying the introduced the PC versions of its multiplayer games. Assassin's Creed: Revelation for the PC version was delayed by half a month. I just know that the PC version of this game will be release on 23rd November, 2012 but I has no more detail about it. Can anyone give me ?

Locopells
06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
That's pretty much all we know at the moment, Ubi aren't admitting to it yet.

fal231
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
ttp://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/27642-assassin’s-creed-3-pc-after-console (http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/27642-assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-3-pc-after-console)

Ubisoft, like many publishers, has repeatedly cited piracy of the PC versions of their software as the reason that they have elected to hold the PC release of the software until after the console version has been released. It is unknown if this strategy has been as effective as publishers would like in preventing piracy of the PC version of the game or eating into sales of the console version.
Sources tell us that we should expect Ubisoft to officially confirm the release date of the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III closer to the release of the console version of the title. Currently, Ubisoft as well as most retailers who regularly sell PC games continue to list the release date of the PC version as “to be announced”, but that has not stopped many retailers from accepting pre-orders for the title"

Locopells
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Well there's no limit on how far in advance they can take pre-orders for a title once it's been announced. And there'll be a disclaimer somewhere in the small print to say that dates can change, so...

Acrimonious_Nin
06-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Well there's no limit on how far in advance they can take pre-orders for a title once it's been announced. And there'll be a disclaimer somewhere in the small print to say that dates can change, so...

True.

Locopells
06-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Or cancel it outright for that matter.

mrxclusiv.au
06-27-2012, 02:47 AM
this WILL be a long read, you were warned

OKAY lets skip back to ACB release shall we heres how it went down - a delay was "leaked" which turned out to be confirmed after the fact by Ubisoft who did it rather covertly almost like it was a dirty little secret they didn't want you to know, furthermore the AC fampage said AVAILABLE NOW! which if you wanted the PC version was a down and out lie as it wasn't released, the hype surrounding the multiplayer and the community unlock events and the ubiworkshop merch was the topics posted on the AC facebook page, the "date" for ACB was never mentioned nor was it mentioned if its even being worked on, this left PC gamers feeling lost and forgotten about, I raised my greivances on the facebook fanpage about this and was promptly set upon by console gamers who told me to "buy a console" - all the while spoilers were bursting out all over the WWW so bad was the hemorrhage of information I was playing Dirt 2 and some individual blurted out the ending to the game, thank you very much for that I then expressed my displeasure about this (the information leaking) and the WWW being loaded up to the eyeballs with spoiler content, the end of the game was ruined for me despite this I hung in there waiting patiently for PC release to get my Animus Edition which did eventually release, when I did eventually get it I felt no need to play the single-player campaign as I knew how it ends thanks to some jerk.

then ACR was announced with the same fanfare and a cross platform release was also announced, a delay was again "leaked" and was later confirmed by Ubisoft, I again held onto my Animus Edition pre-order waiting and once again the internet got loaded up to the eyeballs with spoiler content and despite my best efforts and vigilance the game got spoilt by a fellow fan who had the game for PS3 and assumed I had the game (which hadn't released) so once again the ending was blown and despite this I waited for the PC release and did eventually get it. I voiced my concern about the spoiler content which Ubisoft cannot possibly contain after release (nor do I expect them to even attempt) I again voiced my concerns about this to Ubisoft saying its like going to see a movie that somebody tells you how it ends - you simply just don't goto the cinema for it you wait for it to reach DVD and you hire it and that the same principles apply, many will not buy a game or see a movie if they know how it ends, they will seek the cheapest option to see/enjoy it.

now here we are awaiting ACIII I have my pre order of the Freedom Edition squared away and the rumors of a delay are flying thick and fast and Ubisoft is taking the same course of action they did with ACB & ACR its the same playbook unfolding in the same way, and you cannot see why we are disgruntled and not trusting of what you say?

you say the PC release date comes with a "disclaimer" well wheres that in this video? http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59058/assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-gameplay-footage/

I didn't see any disclaimer or fine print or anything surrounding the Pc release date?

you are victims of your own success here the game is so good PC gamers don't want the conclusion shattered by some internet troll that will blow his ending wad all over the internet a same day all platforms release will ensure this doesn't happen to your loyal PC fans. The moment the ending gets blown for me I will cancel my Freedom editon pre-order and wait for a 50% off sale on steam (as will many others)

I have been patient, loyal and forgiving here (left AC2 DRM hell out of this) if its not ready how are you going to keep a lid on the spoilers that will be blasted all over the internet in 48 hours? you can't end of discussion.

way I see it you have only a couple of options here - delay all platform release until PC is completed or delay the psvita title and put the resources to work on ac3 PC making the deadline, and/or delaying wii-u release and again reassigning resources to Pc release in an attempt to make release date. you don't think PC gamers are sitting here seeing you take on a wii-u and psvita release then handball us a delay especially after it was said that releasing for three different platforms is extremely difficult and this is why the PC version has been delayed? I bet that xbox ps3 and wiii-u (THREE INDEPENDENT PLATFORMS) make release but PC will cop a delay.

you keep dumping on the platform putting it on the backburner to ensure console releases make date and aggravate the PC gaming community then when it comes to a head we are a bunch of whingers that need to shut the hell up, we copped the AC2 ACB and ACR disasters and you expect us to once again purchase a game after knowing the ending? What makes this worse is its the conclusion to the entire trilogy so not only is the game getting spoilt but the entire trilogy. Before you judge us at least see where we are coming from and why you are copping so much heat over this.

if you read all that I commend you

Locopells
06-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Wow.

shanethebouncer
06-27-2012, 04:06 AM
wheres the love

Helforsite
06-27-2012, 09:03 AM
I am a PC gamer and totally agree with you! But i must add the point that the delay of PC version didnt helped against the piracy. It was leaked on the net 1 week before offical PC release and despite the fact that i preordered the Animus-Edition i thought about downloading the leaked version because i had to escape from a friend(console) who wanted to spoil me. My point is that their arrangements to stop piracy are supporting piracy throught the bad treatment of honest PC gamers.

EDIT.: Just finished watching the posted video(link in the posts above) and thats excatly the way they keep anouncing the release date-.-

Moultonborough
06-27-2012, 10:53 AM
mrxclusiv.au

I read the whole thing and after just reading the first sentence I came up with a solution for you. Go Dark. As soon as it releases on console don't go anywhere on the internet where you know people will talk about it. Especially here or play Multi-player where people will or could discuss it. Yes, it is unfair companies usually delay the PC versions. This isn't a excuse but fact: There are a ****load more players on console than PC. It is a dying breed. Companies go where the money is. While there are always glitches in all versions of games there are just as much or more in PC. Even if that wasn't the case look at what happened with GTA IV. Delayed by Months compared to that 3 weeks are hardly anything. Also, I wouldn't take it out on Ubisoft. They are not the only company who delays PC versions of a game. No company or game is perfect a person has to take the bad with the good. It sucks yes, but **** happens. I don't mean for it to sound rude so don't take it like that but that's the way the world works.

pacmanate
06-27-2012, 01:06 PM
this will be a long read, you were warned

okay lets skip back to acb release shall we heres how it went down - a delay was "leaked" which turned out to be confirmed after the fact by ubisoft who did it rather covertly almost like it was a dirty little secret they didn't want you to know, furthermore the ac fampage said available now! Which if you wanted the pc version was a down and out lie as it wasn't released, the hype surrounding the multiplayer and the community unlock events and the ubiworkshop merch was the topics posted on the ac facebook page, the "date" for acb was never mentioned nor was it mentioned if its even being worked on, this left pc gamers feeling lost and forgotten about, i raised my greivances on the facebook fanpage about this and was promptly set upon by console gamers who told me to "buy a console" - all the while spoilers were bursting out all over the www so bad was the hemorrhage of information i was playing dirt 2 and some individual blurted out the ending to the game, thank you very much for that i then expressed my displeasure about this (the information leaking) and the www being loaded up to the eyeballs with spoiler content, the end of the game was ruined for me despite this i hung in there waiting patiently for pc release to get my animus edition which did eventually release, when i did eventually get it i felt no need to play the single-player campaign as i knew how it ends thanks to some jerk.

Then acr was announced with the same fanfare and a cross platform release was also announced, a delay was again "leaked" and was later confirmed by ubisoft, i again held onto my animus edition pre-order waiting and once again the internet got loaded up to the eyeballs with spoiler content and despite my best efforts and vigilance the game got spoilt by a fellow fan who had the game for ps3 and assumed i had the game (which hadn't released) so once again the ending was blown and despite this i waited for the pc release and did eventually get it. I voiced my concern about the spoiler content which ubisoft cannot possibly contain after release (nor do i expect them to even attempt) i again voiced my concerns about this to ubisoft saying its like going to see a movie that somebody tells you how it ends - you simply just don't goto the cinema for it you wait for it to reach dvd and you hire it and that the same principles apply, many will not buy a game or see a movie if they know how it ends, they will seek the cheapest option to see/enjoy it.

Now here we are awaiting aciii i have my pre order of the freedom edition squared away and the rumors of a delay are flying thick and fast and ubisoft is taking the same course of action they did with acb & acr its the same playbook unfolding in the same way, and you cannot see why we are disgruntled and not trusting of what you say?

You say the pc release date comes with a "disclaimer" well wheres that in this video? http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59058/assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-gameplay-footage/

i didn't see any disclaimer or fine print or anything surrounding the pc release date?

You are victims of your own success here the game is so good pc gamers don't want the conclusion shattered by some internet troll that will blow his ending wad all over the internet a same day all platforms release will ensure this doesn't happen to your loyal pc fans. The moment the ending gets blown for me i will cancel my freedom editon pre-order and wait for a 50% off sale on steam (as will many others)

i have been patient, loyal and forgiving here (left ac2 drm hell out of this) if its not ready how are you going to keep a lid on the spoilers that will be blasted all over the internet in 48 hours? You can't end of discussion.

Way i see it you have only a couple of options here - delay all platform release until pc is completed or delay the psvita title and put the resources to work on ac3 pc making the deadline, and/or delaying wii-u release and again reassigning resources to pc release in an attempt to make release date. You don't think pc gamers are sitting here seeing you take on a wii-u and psvita release then handball us a delay especially after it was said that releasing for three different platforms is extremely difficult and this is why the pc version has been delayed? I bet that xbox ps3 and wiii-u (three independent platforms) make release but pc will cop a delay.

You keep dumping on the platform putting it on the backburner to ensure console releases make date and aggravate the pc gaming community then when it comes to a head we are a bunch of whingers that need to shut the hell up, we copped the ac2 acb and acr disasters and you expect us to once again purchase a game after knowing the ending? What makes this worse is its the conclusion to the entire trilogy so not only is the game getting spoilt but the entire trilogy. Before you judge us at least see where we are coming from and why you are copping so much heat over this.

If you read all that i commend you

whaaaa

mrxclusiv.au
06-27-2012, 01:30 PM
mrxclusiv.au

I read the whole thing and after just reading the first sentence I came up with a solution for you. Go Dark. As soon as it releases on console don't go anywhere on the internet where you know people will talk about it. Especially here or play Multi-player where people will or could discuss it. Yes, it is unfair companies usually delay the PC versions. This isn't a excuse but fact: There are a ****load more players on console than PC. It is a dying breed. Companies go where the money is. While there are always glitches in all versions of games there are just as much or more in PC. Even if that wasn't the case look at what happened with GTA IV. Delayed by Months compared to that 3 weeks are hardly anything. Also, I wouldn't take it out on Ubisoft. They are not the only company who delays PC versions of a game. No company or game is perfect a person has to take the bad with the good. It sucks yes, but **** happens. I don't mean for it to sound rude so don't take it like that but that's the way the world works.

okay so you are saying read no website, play no multiplayer games and definitely not read any games related magazines, so what do you suggest I do in my recreation time instead? play solitaire?

mrxclusiv.au
06-27-2012, 01:58 PM
yeap PC gaming is minescule :
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/02/09/world-of-warcraft-subscriber-numbers/
http://www.minecraft.net/stats
http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/02/09/starcraft-ii-sales-approach-4-5-million-units-still-no-release/ from early 2010
and the number of counterstrike source day of defeat etcettera servers : http://css.setti.info/servers/css/

more evidence
http://kotaku.com/5858589/a-rare-glimpse-at-steam-sales-figures
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software) - forty million active accounts compare that to this :
On January 6, 2011, Microsoft stated that the Xbox 360 sold over 50 million units worldwide during their CES 2011 conference. In addition, they stated that the Kinect sold about 8 million units, 3 million more than initially predicted, during the product's first 60 days on the market. It was also announced that Xbox live had more than 30 million users, making 2010 the best year to date for the online service sourced here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360 - so according to that there is more steam accounts than there is xbla accounts, as best as I can tell xbox is on a downward slide whilst steam is still rising, please don't downplay the size of the PC community.

Moultonborough
06-27-2012, 08:19 PM
okay so you are saying read no website, play no multiplayer games and definitely not read any games related magazines, so what do you suggest I do in my recreation time instead? play solitaire?

No, play single player games. For instance AC, AC 2, Final Fantasy, GTA etc. Even games with Multi-player have a single player campaign.

TRUEAssassin195
06-27-2012, 11:54 PM
i know...this is such fantastic news...

Locopells
06-28-2012, 12:37 AM

Are you really going to leave me an opening like that?!

TRUEAssassin195
06-28-2012, 01:24 AM
i hope it gets cancelled. that is my only request.

Assassin_M
06-28-2012, 01:29 AM
i hope it gets cancelled. that is my only request.
I hope it gets cancelled for your X-box specifically.. YES only yours..

Locopells
06-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Feed the Trolls, Tuppence a Bag.

Jexx21
06-28-2012, 05:32 AM
I love the fact that it's delayed. I have more time to get more money! :D

Locopells
06-29-2012, 12:52 AM
I love the fact that it's delayed. I have more time to get more money! :D

You that broke?!

WarlordSpinal
06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
The only thing that concerns me now is the release of Ghost Recon Future Soldier on the PC two days ago. The launch was a mess and half the people can't even control their character with the WASD keys/mouse.

Not exactly a quality port filling me with confidence. Hopefully ACIII will be... playable at the very least.

Mr_Shade
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
The only thing that concerns me now is the release of Ghost Recon Future Soldier on the PC two days ago. The launch was a mess and half the people can't even control their character with the WASD keys/mouse.

Not exactly a quality port filling me with confidence. Hopefully ACIII will be... playable at the very least.
That is a known issue and will be fixed.

Appears some people have certain gamepad and keyboard mouse drivers installed, which fool the game into thinking it's got a joypad plugged in - quick fix is to uninstall those drivers, and the game should work OK

this is pinned in the forum for those users, and they are working on a fix ;)

Just incase you were not aware - try installing any pad / mouse drivers and it should work ;)

mrxclusiv.au
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
That is a known issue and will be fixed.

Appears some people have certain gamepad and keyboard mouse drivers installed, which fool the game into thinking it's got a joypad plugged in - quick fix is to uninstall those drivers, and the game should work OK

this is pinned in the forum for those users, and they are working on a fix ;)

Just incase you were not aware - try installing any pad / mouse drivers and it should work ;)

so you answer on a delay thread dedicated to AC3 PC release about ghost recon? are you fking kidding me sidestep the real issue once again. I know you are just doing your job MR_Shade can you please address the real issue??

mrxclusiv.au
07-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, almost expectedly, the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III has been delayed. It is due to release now on the 23rd of November 2012.

The delay was spotted by the Czech arm of Eurogamer, via a promotional image sent ove to them from a publishing source. You can view the image below.

The PC versions of both Brotherhood and Revelations were also delayed.

http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/AC3PC.jpg

Source: http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/06/22/assassins-creed-iii-pc-version-delayed/

this image Mr Shade is the root cause of this topic and at time of typing Ubisoft hasn't debunked the images' authenticity, this "image" isn't a rumor it exists and looks genuine this image isn't a RUMOR here it is, the fact that Ubisoft hasn't debunked it and said its a "fake" speaks volumes MR Shade address the real issue please.

LightRey
07-03-2012, 02:03 PM
this image Mr Shade is the root cause of this topic and at time of typing Ubisoft hasn't debunked the images' authenticity, this "image" isn't a rumor it exists and looks genuine this image isn't a RUMOR here it is, the fact that Ubisoft hasn't debunked it and said its a "fake" speaks volumes MR Shade address the real issue please.
Doesn't matter. If it didn't come directly from Ubisoft, it can't be confirmed.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 05:08 PM
LOL. I saw this coming from the start. It's Ubisoft, people :P

mrxclusiv.au
07-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Doesn't matter. If it didn't come directly from Ubisoft, it can't be confirmed.

LMAO there is two sources for this image and they are :

1. some wise guy got on photoshop and made it to troll the PC gaming community - in which case DECLARE IT NON GENUINE everybody happy and game release date still ontrack but if they announce a delay they will look very stupid after saying this image is non legit if it indeed is taking this path effectively closes and welds shut the release delay door - they can't do that

2. it is a genuine image of the disc cover insert sheet and it has been leaked to the www by the printer - in which case they have two options
A: pursue printer legally for the image leak - confirming the images' authenticity (and the delay)
B: issue a "NO comment" status (assume people are stupid) which when you think about it is saying : image is genuine, as a result the delay is also.

there has been bucketloads of concept art floating about that they have said three things about it : 1. this is fan art 2. this is concept art from blah blah 3. I am unable to comment about this image at this time aka its genuine and is something yet to be released.

what they are doing is indefensible and as people are not stupid we can see what their actions are telling us indirectly, once again they bent the PC community over

I really love it when the dev refuses to answer questions.

Mr_Shade
07-04-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't see why you're so angry?

Someone - maybe a retailer - has added the yellow banner to the bottom.

Not pointing fingers, but some well known UK retailers - use that type of banner on dummy boxes to fill the shelves.

Ubisoft have zero control over what some stores may say in advertising or retail displays, however any official date information that comes from Ubisoft - you should believe.

There is NO official comment on any rumour or speculation based on that image.

NeroInfernoF7
07-04-2012, 12:04 PM
http://puu.sh/FMN5

(Bottom right)
From the RISE trailer.

mrxclusiv.au
07-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't see why you're so angry?

Someone - maybe a retailer - has added the yellow banner to the bottom.

Not pointing fingers, but some well known UK retailers - use that type of banner on dummy boxes to fill the shelves.

Ubisoft have zero control over what some stores may say in advertising or retail displays, however any official date information that comes from Ubisoft - you should believe.

There is NO official comment on any rumour or speculation based on that image.

what was the last Ubisoft PC/Console cross platform game that released same day all platforms, if AC3 doesn't get delayed it will be the first game from you guys that makes release date on PC inline with consoles in a VERY long time, after the AC2 DRM pain the ACB delay and the ACR delay you don't see why I am angry? as I said Shade when its delayed in 48 hours after console release the end of the game and of the trilogy will be all over the WWW same thing happened with ACB & ACR both delayed to PC and both spoilt for PC gamers. Also PC date has "to be confirmed" attached, but the console version doesn't whats up with that?

and furthermore for a retailer to do that they must think it won't make date, can you blame them given your release track record of the last 18 months?

Layytez
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
If it does get delayed then time isnt a factor since they have had plenty of it and are releasing AC3 earlier than they did ACR.

mrxclusiv.au
07-05-2012, 01:20 AM
If it does get delayed then time isnt a factor since they have had plenty of it and are releasing AC3 earlier than they did ACR.

LOL - delaying a PC release because of "piracy" is laughable bot console versions of ACB and ACR were torrented 48 hours before official release for both PS3 and XB360 - what is of great interest is the massive level of activity on these torrents - if there was no hacked consoles out there nobody would bother downloading it cause it wouldn't work.

time IS a factor heres why : the shelf price of games depreciates rapidly I remember picking up ACB Codex edition for PC and seeing ACB in the discount bin for BOTH console platforms for under $50 - considering I just shelled out $120 that stung my wallet, NOT to mention that the ending was all over the WWW 48 hours after release because quite frankly theres a hell of a lot of people out there that blast the end all over the WWW as soon as THEY finish - acting as if they are the last person in the world to finish the game. This is why timing matters - two very good reasons

LightRey
07-05-2012, 01:27 AM
what was the last Ubisoft PC/Console cross platform game that released same day all platforms, if AC3 doesn't get delayed it will be the first game from you guys that makes release date on PC inline with consoles in a VERY long time, after the AC2 DRM pain the ACB delay and the ACR delay you don't see why I am angry? as I said Shade when its delayed in 48 hours after console release the end of the game and of the trilogy will be all over the WWW same thing happened with ACB & ACR both delayed to PC and both spoilt for PC gamers. Also PC date has "to be confirmed" attached, but the console version doesn't whats up with that?

and furthermore for a retailer to do that they must think it won't make date, can you blame them given your release track record of the last 18 months?
Now you're just using inductive reasoning, which, by its nature, is flawed. The PC release date has yet to be confirmed and there is no solid evidence as of yet supporting the idea that it will be later than the console release dates. At best there is past experience and fairly unreliable evidence to go on, which isn't saying very much. Certainly not something to get so upset about.

MaKaVeLiTL
07-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Not surprised at all. You'd think they'd learn since their previous games have been delayed. Was looking forward to getting the PC version rather than the 360.

mrxclusiv.au
07-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Now you're just using inductive reasoning, which, by its nature, is flawed. The PC release date has yet to be confirmed and there is no solid evidence as of yet supporting the idea that it will be later than the console release dates. At best there is past experience and fairly unreliable evidence to go on, which isn't saying very much. Certainly not something to get so upset about.

I was talking to shade not to you thought that was clear - and RE: inductive reasoning - Shade said that a "retailer" added the banner to it - its not me who has used inductive reasoning its them (the retailer) being a retailer its a safe bet that they have vast experience in this field and as a result their judgement carries quite a high level of authority if you ask me.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Too be fair some of you are going over the top.
Petition? with NOTHING set in stone?

mrxclusiv.au
07-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Too be fair some of you are going over the top.
Petition? with NOTHING set in stone?

you don't think the petition is somewhat of a deterrent agaInst a PC delay then?
every signature on that petition is a measure of numbers that are displeased with constant inexplicable PC release delays.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:43 AM
You do not know what is the case. maybe it is fake, maybe not, just wait.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 07:13 AM
You do not know what is the case. maybe it is fake, maybe not, just wait.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/12/assassins-creed-3-pc-delay-confirmed-to-drop-before-christmas/

yea its fake EXACTLY what I said would happen has just happened its real some weak as tissue pathetic little two sentence delay announcement............

MR SHADE : got anything to say now???????

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 10:21 AM
MR SHADE : got anything to say now???????
Like I said before - we don't comment on speculation and rumour.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM

It says Alex Hutchinson confirmed it at the Comic Con panel. Surely if hundreds of people heard him say it, it counts as more than a rumor?

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:13 AM

so you didn't read the joystiq URL did you?

quote : The PC version of Assassin's Creed 3 is delayed beyond the October 30 release date scheduled for consoles, Ubisoft creative lead Alex Hutchinson confirmed today at a San Diego Comic-Con panel. The PC iteration is set to launch before Christmas, "near the console launch," Hutchinson said.

FROM : http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/12/assassins-creed-3-pc-delay-confirmed-to-drop-before-christmas/

so is the words of Alex Hutchinson the creative lead also rumor and as such you won't comment on it?

talk about arrogance - it leaked it was confirmed and still with the weight of all this evidence STILL you don't comment? I won't go into what that makes me think because you will undoubtedly ban me from the forum.

BTW : the online petition is picking up sigs - at this rate it will have double the sigs in 24 hours......

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I was referring to the leaked image - which was the basis for the delay topic in this thread.

That had a date - which many used as a basis for theories about the delay.

So my comments remain true about that image - and I have only commented about that image - so it's unfair to take my comments out of context.

I am unable to make any comments regarding the new information.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:26 AM
i was referring to the leaked image - which was the basis for the delay topic in this thread.

so my comments remain true about that image - and i have only commented about that image - so it's unfair to take my comments out of context.

i am unable to make any comments regarding the new information.

lmfao!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:27 AM
so you didn't read the joystiq URL did you?

quote : The PC version of Assassin's Creed 3 is delayed beyond the October 30 release date scheduled for consoles, Ubisoft creative lead Alex Hutchinson confirmed today at a San Diego Comic-Con panel. The PC iteration is set to launch before Christmas, "near the console launch," Hutchinson said.

FROM : http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/12/assassins-creed-3-pc-delay-confirmed-to-drop-before-christmas/

so is the words of Alex Hutchinson the creative lead also rumor and as such you won't comment on it?

talk about arrogance - it leaked it was confirmed and still with the weight of all this evidence STILL you don't comment? I won't go into what that makes me think because you will undoubtedly ban me from the forum.

BTW : the online petition is picking up sigs - at this rate it will have double the sigs in 24 hours......

Such dis-respect, such arrogance on YOUR side.
Shade is not entitled too share info with you, he is not entitled too sit here and spoon feed you all the info.
And in the end, he was right, that the date was wrong/fake, the image is wrong/fake yet you are making assumptions and attacking.

ShaneO7K
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
lmfao!

Grow up, this sense of self-entitlement is what give gamers a terrible name.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Such dis-respect, such arrogance on YOUR side. Shade is not entitled too share info with you, he is not entitled too sit here and spoon feed you all the info. And in the end, he was right, that the date was wrong/fake, the image is wrong/fake yet you are making assumptions and attacking. LMAO again remind me again who is the disgruntled customer and who is the corporation? so because I won't bend over take it, love it and beg for more I am "entitled"

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:31 AM
LMAO again

remind me again who is the disgruntled customer and who is the corporation?
You feel self entitlement. You think everything should be told to you, yet you kept on attacking Shade, and yet you were wrong. Quite honestly, he really should not answer you at all.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 11:32 AM
I was referring to the leaked image - which was the basis for the delay topic in this thread.

So my comments remain true about that image - and I have only commented about that image - so it's unfair to take my comments out of context.

I am unable to make any comments regarding the new information.

But we can expect an official sticky post about the new information as soon as you can confirm it, right? It would be rather unfair to leave the PC players hanging for months and months again until two weeks from the supposed release date without any official word on whether there even is a delay.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
But we can expect an official sticky post about the new information as soon as you can confirm it, right? It would be rather unfair to leave the PC players hanging for months and months again until two weeks from the supposed release date without any official word on whether there even is a delay.

Yep, probably But I think the problem is the attitude of that guy.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I wasn't talking to you.

Helforsite
07-13-2012, 11:38 AM
@mrxclusive.au: Pls step back sir, it is not fair to treat Mr_Shade in the way you are doing right now. He is just doing his job and that includes to do what he is told to which is not to comment on this. He doesnt deserves your anger so please leave him alone.

@HaSoOoN-MHD: I see what you are trying to do but attacking him wont hold him back! He is upset about the false advertising Ubisoft was making. Even if it is not fair of him to attack Mr_Shade you should not attack him instead!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:40 AM
@mrxclusive.au: Pls step back sir, it is not fair to treat Mr_Shade in the way you are doing right now. He is just doing his job and that includes to do what he is told to which is not to comment on this. He doesnt deserves your anger so please leave him alone.

@HaSoOoN-MHD: I see what you are trying to do but attacking him wont hold him back! He is upset about the false advertising Ubisoft was making. Even if it is not fair of him to attack Mr_Shade you should not attack him instead!

There are civil ways of showing that you are upset, infact, doing those sorts of things will make Ubi only think lower and lower of PC players.

SixKeys@ I meant that I agree that they should sticky the release date, so PC players actually know what the hell is going on.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Yep, probably But I think the problem is the attitude of that guy.

my attitude is a direct consequence of constant unexplained release delays and mistreatment of the PC gaming community by not only Ubisoft but from the majority of devs that have decided that the Pc platform is the one that takes the beating, sales for the platform will dry up if this keeps up - at least they will have a clue as to why.

mark my words if the PC platform dies you think PSN and XBLA will remain free to play? they will be subscription based pay to play in a heartbeat, and gamers will pay as there will be no viable alternative.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:41 AM
my attitude is a direct consequence of constant unexplained release delays and mistreatment of the PC gaming community by not only Ubisoft but from the majority of devs that have decided that the Pc platform is the one that takes the beating, sales for the platform will dry up if this keeps up - at least they will have a clue as to why.
Blame the pirates.
Pirates are the reason game companies are doing this. If we can just get rid of them, the entire PC community would not suffer for a few.

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Well....I guess my petition(in signature) wasn't a complete waste afterall...

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Blame the pirates.
Pirates are the reason game companies are doing this.

just so you are aware piracy isn't platform specific, but the blame for said piracy is laid at the feet of one platform, not all PC gamers are pirates, once the game releases late to PC the games conclusion will be spoiled for the vast majority of PC gamers, so many won't buy it for PC and will wait for a 50% off steam sale or snatch it from the discount bin in 6 months, all the while Ubisoft will be wondering why the release sales for the platform is so low

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Blame the pirates.
Pirates are the reason game companies are doing this. If we can just get rid of them, the entire PC community would not suffer for a few.

That's BS. Thre's just as much, if not more, piracy on consoles.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
just so you are aware piracy isn't platform specific, but the blame for said piracy is laid at the feet of one platform, not all PC gamers are pirates, once the game releases late to PC the games conclusion will be spoiled for the vast majority of PC gamers, so many won't buy it for PC and will wait for a 50% off steam sale or snatch it from the discount bin in 6 months, all the while Ubisoft will be wondering why the release sales for the platform is so low

If you read my edit, the entire community suffers for a few.
EDIT: I have never really understood how piracy works on consoles, anybody care explaining to me?

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:54 AM
EDIT: I have never really understood how piracy works on consoles, anybody care explaining to me?

so you are now implying that legitimate paying PC gamers are to be punished because the hacking of consoles is aided by computers and the internet? is that what you are getting at? whats the solution to that? shut down the internet?

without computers there wouldn't be consoles the games are developed in a SDK on the PC for <insert console name here>

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
No...
What I am implying is, the reason why companies think so low of PC players is due to a few pirates, so they think the entire community is like that.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
No...
What I am implying is, the reason why companies think so low of PC players is due to a few pirates, so they think the entire community is like that.

so they are making a harsh widespread generalization and you are okay with that? its like me saying for example : all <insert console name here> are <insert derogatory term here>

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
No, I am not OK with it, as I said. If we can get rid of them, I dont think game companies will have the same attitude.

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Console piracy is pretty simple...go google for JTAG.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 12:05 PM
The world will never be free of pirates. It's been going on for centuries, it's certainly not going to stop during the digital age. It's completely unfair that companies like Ubisoft are trying to blame the PC community for crimes which are just as prevalent in the console community while simultaneously doing everything in their power to pander to the console community. Piracy is a poor excuse.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 12:06 PM
No, I am not OK with it, as I said. If we can get rid of them, I dont think game companies will have the same attitude.

people have been illegally obtaining stuff since before I was even born, dubbing of records to cassettes copying cassette stored storage between cassettes taping music off the radio, copying floppy discs, dubbing of VHS cassettes, the copying of intellectual properties has been raging for multiple decades, you cannot blame the tools for their dishonest use.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
The world will never be free of pirates. It's been going on for centuries, it's certainly not going to stop during the digital age. It's completely unfair that companies like Ubisoft are trying to blame the PC community for crimes which are just as prevalent in the console community while simultaneously doing everything in their power to pander to the console community. Piracy is a poor excuse.

This is the problem. It cannot be stopped, but generally, console piracy is never heard off. There is no way too stop it as you said, but game companies just think low of PC players.
But there are more POLITE ways of going on it, no need to insult Shade.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
people have been illegally obtaining stuff since before I was even born, dubbing of records to cassettes copying cassette stored storage between cassettes taping music off the radio, copying floppy discs, dubbing of VHS cassettes, the copying of intellectual properties has been raging for multiple decades, you cannot blame the tools for their dishonest use.

Decades? Try centuries.

And companies didn't even care back then. Technically it was even illegal to tape a TV program to watch it later because of copyright infringement, but of course everyone did it. The only reason piracy became such an issue in the early 2000's is because digital distribution made it easier than ever. Simply put, companies didn't use to give a hoot about piracy until it became widespread. Then suddenly it was "ohh noes, there are evil, dirty PIRATES out there! We must fill all our CDs and software with crippling anti-piracy measures so the consumers who actually bought the product get to pay for the pirates' crimes!".

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
This is the problem. It cannot be stopped, but generally, console piracy is never heard off. There is no way too stop it as you said, but game companies just think low of PC players.
But there are more POLITE ways of going on it, no need to insult Shade.

I have tried that - don't think for one second I havn't just because its not on the forum in this thread doesn't mean it hasn't happened when ACB got delayed I voiced my dischord and for the most part it got ignored, I did the same thing with ACR, and once again I got ignored this cycle of announce release leak delay confirm delay delay a second time is a repeated slap in the face to the PC gaming community, sorry for having a gutfull of this "no comment" stance

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
It has been delayed, but the Pic could still be fake.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Decades? Try centuries.

And companies didn't even care back then. Technically it was even illegal to tape a TV program to watch it later because of copyright infringement, but of course everyone did it. The only reason piracy became such an issue in the early 2000's is because digital distribution made it easier than ever. Simply put, companies didn't use to give a hoot about piracy until it became widespread. Then suddenly it was "ohh noes, there are evil, dirty PIRATES out there! We must fill all our CDs and software with crippling anti-piracy measures so the consumers who actually bought the product get to pay for the pirates' crimes!".

I am on your side and share your argument - I limited my examples to the electronic age. I agree completely people have been copying things since well, the existence of man. Ancient works of art (paintings and literature) were copied I have no doubt

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Tho why does PC always get the crap for it? I never understood that.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Tho why does PC always get the crap for it? I never understood that.

theres no large powerful corporation pushing the platform and feeding corporate spin to devs on the topic of piracy.

also it would be suicide issuing the same date as in the picture, slip out a delay announcement to buy some time no way would they announce the date in the pic as the release date that would make them look, uhh, quite stupid

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
theres no large powerful corporation pushing the platform and feeding corporate spin to devs on the topic of piracy.
+111111111111

Aside from the delays, we get crappy ports and shoddy graphics (not about Games in general, not Ubi.)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I dont think it is really the devs.
More like Ubisoft itself.
It is a known fact that many of their games have had problems all along with PC.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I dont think it is really the devs.
More like Ubisoft itself.
It is a known fact that many of their games have had problems all along with PC.

still have a problem with that guys' attitude?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah. I still think you could have approached it in a more civil way. Specially since Shade cant do much.

anik_lc
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Please let me save the world from destroying. Please don't delay PC version UBISOFT. I want to save the God**** world. :)

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah. I still think you could have approached it in a more civil way. Specially since Shade cant do much.

being nice has gotten the issue ignored, ignore somebody for long enough they take a swipe, I am a customer and am displeased with the way Ubisoft is handling things, sending them another polite message will get me and the issue ignored. I have voiced my opinion on the "no comment" way of handling this as I am well and truly sick of it. At least I can voice an unpopular opinion and take the jabs, I could quite easily have made a new account and said it.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 01:08 PM
being nice has gotten the issue ignored, ignore somebody for long enough they take a swipe, I am a customer and am displeased with the way Ubisoft is handling things, sending them another polite message will get me and the issue ignored. I have voiced my opinion on the "no comment" way of handling this as I am well and truly sick of it. At least I can voice an unpopular opinion and take the jabs, I could quite easily have made a new account and said it.

Attacking the forum mods won't get the devs to listen to your complaints, it'll just get you banned. If you really want your voice to be heard, complain directly to Ubisoft, not someone who gets paid to keep trolls and spammers in line and watch us geek out about new trailers.

mrxclusiv.au
07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Attacking the forum mods won't get the devs to listen to your complaints, it'll just get you banned. If you really want your voice to be heard, complain directly to Ubisoft, not someone who gets paid to keep trolls and spammers in line and watch us geek out about new trailers.

I asked him for information, and got "no comment" (again)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I asked him for information, and got "no comment" (again)

Because he cant give you any. It is job, he cant risk it too answer a forumer.

rupok2
07-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Ubisoft I have been an assassins creed fan since your first game and I preordered every single one since ac2. These kinds of delays and just general nonsense of the pc version just makes me really really sad. You are shooting yourself in the foot. Whatever you think works doesn't work. Its logic is stupid. You think just because you delay the pc version people are gonna buy it on xbox but that is never the case. I have an xbox also but I have been playing ac on pc for years. I am not gonna waste money on the xbox version.

These practices just make the pc community hate you even more and is counter intuitive. You delay the version thinking you will somehow get more sales but then you find out pc versions barely sold and blame it on piracy but don't see that you are the cause of small sales. I am sorry that your marketing is too stupid to get the concepts of good customer relationships and the idea that the hype of games go stale after a month. Many people who aren't fans of the series but might have bought it before don't care to buy it a month later anymore. And i Guarantee 90% of them aren't thinking of buying on xbox.

Its one thing to actually delay the game because of optimization but we all know thats not the reason. Look at recently ghost recon future soldier. The port was pretty bad and it was delayed a month or so. The game barely sold on consoles and then you had the nerve to delay the pc version on a ip that was destined to sell a few thousand copies. The month delay was for nothing other than marketing because the port was terrible for many people. You actually think people care about ghost recon that much to go buy the xbox or ps3 version because it was delayed on pc? As a gamer I think I am more in touch with the community than you so the answer is no. Barely anyone gave a crap.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Ubisoft I have been an assassins creed fan since your first game and I preordered every single one since ac2. These kinds of delays and just general nonsense of the pc version just makes me really really sad. You are shooting yourself in the foot. Whatever you think works doesn't work. Its logic is stupid. You think just because you delay the pc version people are gonna buy it on xbox but that is never the case. I have an xbox also but I have been playing ac on pc for years. I am not gonna waste money on the xbox version.

These practices just make the pc community hate you even more and is counter intuitive. You delay the version thinking you will somehow get more sales but then you find out pc versions barely sold and blame it on piracy but don't see that you are the cause of small sales. I am sorry that your marketing is too stupid to get the concepts of good customer relationships and the idea that the hype of games go stale after a month. Many people who aren't fans of the series but might have bought it before don't care to buy it a month later anymore. And i Guarantee 90% of them aren't thinking of buying on xbox.

Its one thing to actually delay the game because of optimization but we all know thats not the reason. Look at recently ghost recon future soldier. The port was pretty bad and it was delayed a month or so. The game barely sold on consoles and then you had the nerve to delay the pc version on a ip that was destined to sell a few thousand copies. The month delay was for nothing other than marketing because the port was terrible for many people. You actually think people care about ghost recon that much to go buy the xbox or ps3 version because it was delayed on pc? As a gamer I think I am more in touch with the community than you so the answer is no. Barely anyone gave a crap.

I have never understood the delays. They claimed it was for optimization, but look at BH...

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Ubisoft is not a bad company they make great games but i agree with what you said "I am sorry that your marketing is too stupid to get the concepts of good customer relationships"To put it simple Ubisoft marketing totaly sucks.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Ubisoft is not a bad company they make great games but i agree with what you said "I am sorry that your marketing is too stupid to get the concepts of good customer relationships"To put it simple Ubisoft marketing totaly sucks.

Actually, they kinda are bad in terms of shady business practices, obviously not EA, Activision or whatever but still.
The dev teams tho are amazing people.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Same with the way they are marketing the game itself. They really are just flat out bad.

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Actually, they kinda are bad in terms of shady business practices, obviously not EA, Activision or whatever but still.
The dev teams tho are amazing people.

Yes the dev are amazing people and i respect them for the work they put in creating the game but i like i said they marketing people totaly sucks.

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Just look at CD Projeckt there you will see amazing people top to bottom who knows how to threat their customers with respect.And i was so happy to give them my money for The Witcher 2 PC on day one.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:35 PM
CD Projeckt gave away the Enhanced Edition for free.
Now that is how you do it.

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 02:40 PM
CD Projeckt gave away the Enhanced Edition for free.
Now that is how you do it.

Yeah Ubisoft can learn from them alot.

iNvid22
07-13-2012, 02:41 PM
as if it were a big shock, get used to it

the company thinks it can somehow offset piracy and encourage console sales if the PC port is delayed

hardcore pirates will wait, legitimate consumers will be punished and potentially put off by these practices

the "improving the PC version" argument is invalid, look at previous releases (and even ghost recon), all have been basic ports

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Specially Brotherhood, they promised alot of optimization, not exactly what I saw.

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
as if it were a big shock, get used to it

the company thinks it can somehow offset piracy and encourage console sales if the PC port is delayed

hardcore pirates will wait, legitimate consumers will be punished and potentially put off by these practices

the "improving the PC version" argument is invalid, look at previous releases (and even ghost recon), all have been basic ports

Here is a better example ACR hit torrent sites 1 week before oficial release

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:44 PM
We cant do much about it right now, Ubisoft is digging it's own grave in terms of PC.

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
We cant do much about it right now, Ubisoft is digging it's own grave in terms of PC.

Yeak that is true.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Sad, really. There is almost the same, if not more piracy on consoles.

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Just so you are aware, certain sites have some information you may find interesting,

All we've had from PR is "The PC release date is yet to be confirmed"

a Ubisoft spokesman told us the PC version of the game is still slated for an Oct. 30 release.

source: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Just so you are aware, certain sites have some information you may find interesting,

which quote should be considered as the current Ubisoft's position regarding this matter?! I'm kinda confused here now... :p

mrxclusiv.au
07-19-2012, 04:49 AM
[/URL]
October 30th on every platform known to man <pause> I cant guarantee that

SAUCE : [URL]http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59779/assassins-creed-3-comic-con-2012-gameplay-demo/?quality=hd (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59779/assassins-creed-3-comic-con-2012-gameplay-demo/?quality=hd)

clarification on the issue would be appreciated

Locopells
07-19-2012, 01:42 PM
which quote should be considered as the current Ubisoft's position regarding this matter?! I'm kinda confused here now... :p

snig.ger

Locopells
07-19-2012, 01:42 PM

I don't think they know either...

FrankieSatt
07-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Doesn't surpirse me if it's true. The PC is neglected in every way since the XBox and the PS3 hit the markets. People don't believe me when I say that PC games are a slow dying breed but it seems that more and more PC games are getting the shaft compared to their console versions.

I hate it as I was a PC gamer soley until about 4 or 5 years ago. Now I don't even have a gaming rig anymore. Nothing on the PC is interesting enough to build one for, since everything is hitting the consoles first.

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't think they know either...

I was expecting Mr_Shade would answer that question, let's hope he'll see it now.. :)

I don't know if he was talking only with Escoblades showing him the quote where they say the PC version will also be released at October 30th or if he was talking with all of us, it's probably the first option since Escolades quote wouldn't be needed if what he said was directed to all of us, but I think it doesn't hurt to ask just to make things clear.. :p

SteelCity999
07-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Is it a possibility that they delayed release because Windows 8 is coming out on Oct 26th? There is no other legitimate reasoning since they had so much time on their hands....they did say they had an alpha extremely early. So why take so long to port unless you have a new OS you need to debug around? Just a guess....

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Is it a possibility that they delayed release because Windows 8 is coming out on Oct 26th? There is no other legitimate reasoning since they had so much time on their hands....they did say they had an alpha extremely early. So why take so long to port unless you have a new OS you need to debug around? Just a guess....
No, in many articles now, they've said it's not delayed yet, and it won't matter if it's Windows 8, it's not that different.

kudos17
07-19-2012, 04:07 PM
The PC version is on track for a 30th of October release, but don't let that fool you. It will be delayed. I'd bet serious money on it.

Why? Who knows. But it will. I'd expect nothing else from Ubisoft.

And yes, yes I am bitter, despite the fact that I am not getting AC3 for PC. This is the only thing that bothers me about an otherwise stellar series.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
I am PC gamer ,, And I've been with this series since the first AC ,,, every year they delay the game and really this was pissing me off,,, but I had patience and waited for the game ,,,, but what relly upsets me that they don't treat PC gamers as console Gamers ,,, But I have my hopes up for this year ,,, I really hope they don't delay it :)

ProletariatPleb
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Assassins Creed 3 is released on October 30, 2012. This is the newest information.
Outdated, are we?

They've confirmed PC release is November 23(20 for Digital Deluxe edition).