PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles

martitta91
06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I would like to ask if there is any chance for collectibles and side quests in the game?
Really, I'd love to explore the whole areas in order to find, let's say, 1000 or more things . And the sige quests because it makes game last longer :)
BTW, I saw the gameplay and I'm soooo happy that Ubisoft got ideas and imagination to create so fantastic and fresh game.
Please answer asap :):rolleyes: I wonder if Ubisoft read the posts. If they know that fans want collectibles , they would put them in the game .:D

cowboy3339
06-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I agree this could be fun and if i may add to it maybe the more side quests you do or collectibles you get you could possibly unlock different endings etc.
as for ubi reading here i dont know but i know i emailed the pr guys email listed on the website over two weeks ago and havent heard anything back however with such an amazing new title i aint holding my breath that that works

martitta91
06-20-2012, 07:54 PM
yep guys :)
I know it's a little early but they need to know now that some people would like to have collectibles ;) Because later it may be too late- if Ubi doesn't plan to put some in the game . And in my opinion they should read forums about/ with their games because some gamers have great ideas :cool: And if there will be multiplayer -collectibles in multi too :D that would be something new .I want them to know that collectibles are welcome :)
I'd also like to see more gameplays like on E3 or Trailers

Mrxknown_JG
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Personally I don't care for collectibles. At least don;t make them count for achievements. Unless the game has a very easy and effective transportation method (free-running from building to building or vehicle-based), then I would be happy with no collectibles. I didn't worry about GTAIV's penguins or stunt ramps or Prototype's collectibles and I won't care for it in Watch Dogs. Bets to focus on new gameplay and not try to shoe-horn old techniques into this game.

obliviondoll
06-26-2012, 08:47 AM
The game is developed by Ubisoft Montreal.

Some of you may recall them as the people who made a game with over 400 collectibles, and when you got all of them, they rewarded you with NOTHING. Literally. Not even a trophy/achievement when the game was first released (although an achievement was retroactively patched into the XBox 360 version).

If you don't recall that incident, you probably still know the name of the game. It's supposedly been turned into a popular series these days. Assassin's Creed, or something...

MT4K
06-26-2012, 06:09 PM
The game is developed by Ubisoft Montreal.

Some of you may recall them as the people who made a game with over 400 collectibles, and when you got all of them, they rewarded you with NOTHING. Literally. Not even a trophy/achievement when the game was first released (although an achievement was retroactively patched into the XBox 360 version).

If you don't recall that incident, you probably still know the name of the game. It's supposedly been turned into a popular series these days. Assassin's Creed, or something...

Yeah that really sucked lol. I remember collecting all those and feeling really annoyed that it was all for nothing. I think it's safe to say though that Ubisoft will put some kind of reward to collectibles in Watch Dogs if the game has any since people won't enjoy wasting their time like that again :P.

playassassins1
06-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah that really sucked lol. I remember collecting all those and feeling really annoyed that it was all for nothing. I think it's safe to say though that Ubisoft will put some kind of reward to collectibles in Watch Dogs if the game has any since people won't enjoy wasting their time like that again :P.

hi....

martitta91
06-26-2012, 10:24 PM
First of all, I would waste my time just to walk around and find all collectibles for me is something important but yes, there should be a(n) trophy/achivement for that or like in Infamous the collectibles gave you more power or life,
Second of all, I don't want Watch Dogs to be like GTA at all, where you can kill people anytime you want without punishment, it's not realistic!
What would be really great in my opinion is the open world, it would be fantastic if I could enter store,bank,hospital,police station or even other people's flats
But in my opinion, why I want collectibles is because they make game last a little bit longer, and side quest would be cool.
ps I played only GTA 3 on pc and fact that you can all the time kill , ride on people and so on ,is funny only for a moment and them I was really bored , so please no GTA.