PDA

View Full Version : Lost archive questions

infamous_ezio
06-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Ahh, this ol' chestnut again. Seeing as i'm still on uni break and have heaps of spare time on my hands, i can't help but completely conquer each AC game again... did TLA the other day and still.. some things really do puzzle me.

The flash backs in some of the memories, which show the last bits of memory 7, ie: the stairs, the big area with the church window, and the next part with a huge hole in the wooden ceiling. What is the significance of each of these? i don't understand what meaning this was suppose to imply,

also, with the last gate, at the end of memory 7 you never get their because the floor keeps breaking, what is this door leading to (I'm aware you can't get there). But what's it's purpose, clay is stuck in this loop of his memories, and his only way out is to "break the loop" ie kill himself.. I kinda think that the last gate is there to imply that clay can't escape, he can keep trying, but because of lucy's betrayal and his overexposure to the animus, he can't reach that certain point

In the abstergo memory theirs those symbols, the circle ones on the pillars, i specifically remember one in memory 5, it's a circle with a spanner or something within it, couldn't quite get an idea of what these are trying to imply. any thoughts? :)

Locopells
06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm guessing a heaven metaphor. Only he never gets the whole way there, and gets stuck on Animus island, poor guy.

Serrachio
06-19-2012, 07:00 PM
At first, the brief visions are to give the impression of deja vu, and then the endless loop represents Clay's eternal struggle of being stuck in the Animus.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Ahh, this ol' chestnut again. Seeing as i'm still on uni break and have heaps of spare time on my hands, i can't help but completely conquer each AC game again... did TLA the other day and still.. some things really do puzzle me.

The flash backs in some of the memories, which show the last bits of memory 7, ie: the stairs, the big area with the church window, and the next part with a huge hole in the wooden ceiling. What is the significance of each of these? i don't understand what meaning this was suppose to imply,

also, with the last gate, at the end of memory 7 you never get their because the floor keeps breaking, what is this door leading to (I'm aware you can't get there). But what's it's purpose, clay is stuck in this loop of his memories, and his only way out is to "break the loop" ie kill himself.. I kinda think that the last gate is there to imply that clay can't escape, he can keep trying, but because of lucy's betrayal and his overexposure to the animus, he can't reach that certain point

In the abstergo memory theirs those symbols, the circle ones on the pillars, i specifically remember one in memory 5, it's a circle with a spanner or something within it, couldn't quite get an idea of what these are trying to imply. any thoughts? :)

For memory 4 and 5 with the "Circles", I am going to try to keep a long story kind of short. The Circle with a dot in the middle, in alchemy, represents Gold. In Astrology it represents the Sun. Actually it would be more correct to believe that it represents the sun due to the following symbol in memory5. In memory 5 we get the Theta Symbol ,looks like this,Θ, which could mean a variety of things from data organization in computer programming(a.k.a algorithms), it could also mean dimensionless temperature transport phenomena, but most importantly in archaic symbolism it stands for Earth. With this being said memory 4 had the symbol of the Sun and memory 5 had the symbol of Earth which was most likely a tacit implication of what we have been seeing throughout the story line of the AC series, which is the Sun bbqing the Earth. Hope that helps.

EDIT: It's funny how after you see these two symbols Clay says, "I have seen what has been, what will be.." ;D

infamous_ezio
06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
At first, the brief visions are to give the impression of deja vu, and then the endless loop represents Clay's eternal struggle of being stuck in the Animus.

I guess it makes sense that the visions symbolize the loop, but wouldn't it be implying that due to his overexposure to the animus, his memories just keep replaying in his head, and the only way out is to 'break the loop'. So at that point he isn't stuck in the animus, but at the point of creating his AI self and considering killing himself.

@Acrimonious_Nin good stuff man, that makes perfect sense :P. haha yeah, its funny how everything comes together in TLA, definitely devostated about 16 not being in AC3 ahah :(

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah D: I really wish he was in AC3....-___- the guy seemed to know more than anybody else in the modern assassin world. The only other guy that knows more about all this is Daniel Cross, but >_> I doubt that he will be helping Desmond unless there's some kind of twist.

Turul.
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah D: I really wish he was in AC3....-___- the guy seemed to know more than anybody else in the modern assassin world. The only other guy that knows more about all this is Daniel Cross, but >_> I doubt that he will be helping Desmond unless there's some kind of twist.

saw a theory that clay put a part of himself into Desmond when he sacrificed him self at the end of revelations

LightRey
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
For memory 4 and 5 with the "Circles", I am going to try to keep a long story kind of short. The Circle with a dot in the middle, in alchemy, represents Gold. In Astrology it represents the Sun. Actually it would be more correct to believe that it represents the sun due to the following symbol in memory5. In memory 5 we get the Theta Symbol ,looks like this,Θ, which could mean a variety of things from data organization in computer programming(a.k.a algorithms), it could also mean dimensionless temperature transport phenomena, but most importantly in archaic symbolism it stands for Earth. With this being said memory 4 had the symbol of the Sun and memory 5 had the symbol of Earth which was most likely a tacit implication of what we have been seeing throughout the story line of the AC series, which is the Sun bbqing the Earth. Hope that helps.

EDIT: It's funny how after you see these two symbols Clay says, "I have seen what has been, what will be.." ;D
Eh, Pretty sure the symbol for Earth is a circle with a plus in it, not a Theta.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Eh, Pretty sure the symbol for Earth is a circle with a plus in it, not a Theta.

Umm, Theta is at some point a circle with a plus in the middle. This is true. Later on the character changes to a line in the middle. My keyboard cannot make those old shapes, it has the latest shape installed in the Alt key codes. So sorry if I cant type this guy here ,( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e7/Earth_symbol.svg/16px-Earth_symbol.svg.png ← Theta ). lol that symbol also means theta like this one here Θ. They are just different because of how they change through time.