PDA

View Full Version : So what do we know about Connor - the person - so far?

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry if this thread already exists somewhere.
I was just interested in case I missed anything in trying to get an outlook on who he is as a character. We've heard that he's, "one of those people that has an inbuilt sense of right and wrong… He isn't a grey area kind of guy." (from Alex Hutchinson)

I find that to be interesting, as the devs had said there's a return to the 'morally grey' stuff of the first game in who the 'villains' are, and Corey May said that the Assassin's won't be shown as entirely noble either. It will be interesting to see how Connor deals with betrayal, or an action he thinks is 'right', from the hands of somebody whom he has judged as 'wrong'.

[For some reason I was reminded of Inspector Javert from Les Miserables, who kills himself when, for the first time, he realises that the 'right' thing and the lawful thing to do aren't always the same. He can't deal with this.]

We know from the Frontier demo that he's 'to the point' in how he deals with people. We also know that he feels torn, and as though he is an outsider. This was some of the stuff about Connor himself from the Corey May interview at E3 that loomer979 posted on Youtube.

Interviewer: As a child, his village is burned down, and he seems - I don't know if this is more just because he's like a predator, or something - but he seems very brutal as an Assassin; as in, his 'moves'. He doesn't have the flair that Ezio has, or anything - he's just very, you know, a lot of the stuff he does can be kinda graphic, and it seems like there's a little bit of anger in there, and I was kind of wondering if you could talk about how - it seems he could very easily be motivated by revenge. It would be very easy to be upset with the people who burned down his village.

Corey May: I think that the way we look at it is that he's keeping a lot of that stuff in, and he's trying not to be overcome by personal feelings - you know, for him it really is about protecting other people from what happened to him, rather than going after those individuals specifically because of what they did. It's more the general act that if these people could cause this kind of harm and damage to my village, to my people, who's to say that they're not out there now doing the same to others. So he's motivated less by desire to punish them, and more by desire to protect the people that are potentially going to be oppressed or harmed by them.

I think you can make the argument, thought, that when he's fighting, some of that rage, that anger, that frustration, comes out in the way he fights. So that's sort of the way he deals with it, that's his outlet. You know, those are the moments when he allows those emotions to overcome him; rather than when he's actually interacting with people. There are a lot of other things that happen and that play into in the story that we're not allowed to talk about, that will also influence - some in subtle, and others in not-so-subtle ways - his development and his journey. So while a big part of it is justice, there is a second thing that I, yeah... that I can't talk about. It's a big spoiler and it's a big surprise.

I proclaim myself curious as to what the 'second' thing is...
And a little later on:

Interviewer: I think a lot of that brutality also comes through - you know, he has a hidden blade, he has two of them - but the tomahawk is his signature weapon and you can use it in a lot of situations where you couldn't before; and by nature it's a lot more brutal, when you do kills and stuff. So that decision - maybe it was gameplay decision, maybe it was also a story decision...?

Corey May: It was half and half. I think it was very important to Alex that we at least played with this idea of him having this... anger, this frustration inside of him, and that the moments where it would come out - because he's very calm and reserved, for the most part, when he's interacting with people; and when he's in battle, that's when he's sort of able to let it all out - that's his 'therapy', I guess.

Interviewer: Yeah, I can totally see that happening, that's great.

Corey May: Because he's very, very reserved. He's... [pause] He's introspective, and will reflect a lot personally on what he's going through, but he's... very hesitant to open up to other people.

To me, it sounds perhaps as though Connor has difficulty in trusting people enough to get close to them. As a result of his village being burnt down? Or something to do with his upbringing? Maybe his father?

So, what do you guys think? I'll be happy to have a break from confident and womanizing Ezio, because Connor sounds pretty intriguing. I know this is technically all just pointless speculation until the game is out, but I'm bored of topics about redcoats being slaughtered.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the Forums;)
No this thread is the first(somewhat) of its kind, I like it..

So As you mentioned before, Connor differs greatly from Altair ad Ezio, whereas Altair was Calm and confident and Ezio was Flashy and certain, Connor calculates his emotions differently. one may argue that this is a game mechanic, but I think differently, I dont think neither Ezio nor Altair would take the time to help someone get some meat, true that Ezio and Altair stop Injustice whenever they see it, but I believe Connor to also be very humble..

A nice change is also Connor`s usual silence. when he saved the man from the stocks and the man thanks him, Connor simply nods and takes his leave.

Im liking where Connor`s character seems to be going..

Saar Ben Kiki
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
connor reminds me of ac1 altair, connor has this myseriousness auora that altair had.. but on different motives
he sounds very interesting because of his "lack of words" and emotions as represented at times but in important moments he lets it all out..
looking forward to seeing more of him

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
connor reminds me of ac1 altair, connor has this myseriousness auora that altair had.. but on different motives
he sounds very interesting because of his "lack of words" and emotions as represented at times but in important moments he lets it all out..
looking forward to seeing more of him

He reminds me of Altair at the end of AC1, after Altair understood how arrogant he used to be. But Ratonhnhaké:ton seems to be humble from the get go. As to why, honestly, it depends how far is Ubi actually willing to go in terms of complexity of his character and mature themes featured. I could think of an entire theory how Ratonhnhaké:ton's mixed ethnic background is the reason why he is the way he is, how feelings of insecurity/shame/exclusion may have played a role in how he developed. But would Ubi actually go for a character like that? Somehow I doubt, especially after Ezio who... let's just say wasn't exactly a character you had to think a lot about to understand. They did have very interesting thing about Altair's relation with his parents but they relegated it to Codex entries...

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 02:47 PM
A nice change is also Connor`s usual silence. when he saved the man from the stocks and the man thanks him, Connor simply nods and takes his leave.

This. It's like, there'a nothing that needs to be said. I like the fact that Connor doesn't seem to feel as if he's owed anything, which perhaps Ezio might have.

He reminds me of Altair at the end of AC1, after Altair understood how arrogant he used to be. But Ratonhnhaké:ton seems to be humble from the get go. As to why, honestly, it depends how far is Ubi actually willing to go in terms of complexity of his character and mature themes featured. I could think of an entire theory how Ratonhnhaké:ton's mixed ethnic background is the reason why he is the way he is, how feelings of insecurity/shame/exclusion may have played a role in how he developed. But would Ubi actually go for a character like that? Somehow I doubt, especially after Ezio who... let's just say wasn't exactly a character you had to think a lot about to understand. They did have very interesting thing about Altair's relation with his parents but they relegated it to Codex entries...

Yes. It will be interesting to see how far Ubi go in regards to Connor's development, and how many risks they will take. He is already pretty much unique as far as protagonists go, isn't he?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes. It will be interesting to see how far Ubi go in regards to Connor's development, and how many risks they will take. He is already pretty much unique as far as protagonists go, isn't he?Yes, but it makes me scared Ubi just checked "different/unique" list with him and Aveline the moment they made them non-fully white (and female in case of Aveline). Both of their racial backgrounds (and Aveline's gender) ARE highly relevant to the conflicts/societies in that era, but it requires being open about it. If they're gonna talk oppression, talk oppression not just of American colonists, talk openly the oppression of black people, Native Americans, women, homosexuals, disabled.

I'm not saying they should change the portrayal how the societies were in that era, that's history and nothing will change that, but that doesn't mean it was right and they should use the Assassins to say it loud and openly. Altair already did that in part in AC2, when he talked oppression of women in his Codex Entries. But once again, the most important stuff is relegated to text in side-quests...

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes, but it makes me scared Ubi just checked "different/unique" list with him and Aveline the moment they made them non-fully white (and female in case of Aveline). Both of their racial backgrounds (and Aveline's gender) ARE highly relevant to the conflicts/societies in that era, but it requires being open about it. If they're gonna talk oppression, talk oppression not just of American colonists, talk openly the oppression of black people, Native Americans, women, homosexuals, disabled.

I'm not saying they should change the portrayal how the societies were in that era, that's history and nothing will change that, but that doesn't mean it was right and they should use the Assassins to say it loud and openly. Altair already did that in part in AC2, when he talked oppression of women in his Codex Entries. But once again, the most important stuff is relegated to text in side-quests...

I have to admit, Aveline to me came across as a bit of a 'kneejerk reaction' at first... it's odd that she's been relegated to a Vita game, given that's she's also something so different for the franchise. I hope Ubi use her potential fully for that historical era, not just have her heritage for the sake of it. But they're generally quite good at this sort of thing, right?

Turul.
06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Please someone explain to me how Connor has a different personality, than Altar.

I know they're supposed to be similar, but they feel the same.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Please someone explain to me how Connor has a different personality, than Altar.

Connor seems much more reluctant to accept some ironies in his goals, given the description of being a non-grey area type of guy, whereas Altair openly accepted the Ironies of his notion towards justice.

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Altair, unlike Connor, was raised as an Assassin. It's the only thing he has ever known. However, he became arrogant, and made some huge, irreversible mistakes, which eventually led to his becoming rational, humble and wise.

Connor had a life, and a tribe, an it was all he had ever known - in this sense he is like Altair. But Altair, despite being demoted, and effectively cast out for a while by his fellows, climbs back to the top. It's still the life he has always known, but his eyes have been opened a little wider.

However, Connor's entire life vanishes, along with his village. This, to him, is so devastating, that he effectively throws himself into preventing it from happening to other people.

To sum it up, Altair drastically changes, whilst his world stays the same. Connor stays the same, whilst his world drastically changes. All that with a pinch of salt, as we haven't seen the game yet.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Altair, unlike Connor, was raised as an Assassin. It's the only thing he has ever known. However, he became arrogant, and made some huge, irreversible mistakes, which eventually led to his becoming rational, humble and wise.

Connor had a life, and a tribe, an it was all he had ever known - in this sense he is like Altair. But Altair, despite being demoted, and effectively cast out for a while by his fellows, climbs back to the top. It's still the life he has always known, but his eyes have been opened a little wider.

However, Connor's entire life vanishes, along with his village. This, to him, is so devastating, that he effectively throws himself into preventing it from happening to other people.

To sum it up, Altair drastically changes, whilst his world stays the same. Connor stays the same, whilst his world drastically changes. All that with a pinch of salt, as we haven't seen the game yet.
allow me to be the first to tell you that you are a very welcome addition to this community.:D

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
allow me to be the first to tell you that you are a very welcome addition to this community.:D

Really? :o

I've been lurking for a while, but gave in and made an account today because I had so many things to say! But thank you!

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Agree :D

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Really? :o

I've been lurking for a while, but gave in and made an account today because I had so many things to say! But thank you!
You should`v done it sooner:D
Lately this place has been infested with nothing, but complainers and most threads created were absolutely pointless, this is the first thread to have me actually brainstorm in a long time, so Thank YOU;)

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
You should`v done it sooner:D
Lately this place has been infested with nothing, but complainers and most threads created were absolutely pointless, this is the first thread to have me actually brainstorm in a long time, so Thank YOU;)

Well, thank you! Today was actually one of the worst days I could have signed up, as my last A-level exam is tomorrow... but I checked back for news this morning and it was all so argumentative, full of pointless threads achieving very little other than to piss everyone off. So I thought, we've talked very little about the actual assassin himself, in comparison to how much we're annoyed with the advertising...

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Back on topic ;P

Corey said "second thing and it's a spoiler/surprise". Since we already know about the fate of his village influencing him (Corey said it himself), I wonder what could it be. OTHER than "Lee's his father". Maybe his additional motivation is related directly to the Templars??? Maybe he discovered some POE allowing him to view the future and he's additionally motivated by that I really have no idea.

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Back on topic ;P

Corey said "second thing and it's a spoiler/surprise". Since we already know about the fate of his village influencing him (Corey said it himself), I wonder what could it be. OTHER than "Lee's his father". Maybe his additional motivation is related directly to the Templars??? Maybe he discovered some POE allowing him to view the future and he's additionally motivated by that I really have no idea.
The second thing most probably comes mid way in the story as shown by Corey`s reluctance to speak about, but I really have no idea what to think

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Back on topic ;P

I think I would be disappointed if it was 'Lee's his father'. If only because it wouldn't be a surprise whatsoever.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I think I would be disappointed if it was 'Lee's his father'. If only because it wouldn't be a surprise whatsoever.
Well, unless you're one of maybe 100 people who checked Lee's Wikipedia page, it would still be a surprise for 99.99% players.

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, unless you're one of maybe 100 people who checked Lee's Wikipedia page, it would still be a surprise for 99.99% players.

I guess so... just as long as there's no:

"No, Connor...I am your father."

Would kinda kill it for me.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I guess so... just as long as there's no:

"No, Connor...I am your father."

Would kinda kill it for me.
haha xD Lee's sideburns actually even look like Vader's helmet xD

Well, if not this than what else could be the twist/2nd thing that influences him? You think it may be the knowledge of the future?

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 03:53 PM
haha xD Lee's sideburns actually even look like Vader's helmet xD

Well, if not this than what else could be the twist/2nd thing that influences him? You think it may be the knowledge of the future?

This is going to sound odd, but I had this sudden vision of scene, similar to the one in which Ezio talks directly to Desmond, between Connor and Desmond, only Desmond spoke back, and it was a major headscrew. I hope we see stuff like that. And maybe knowledge of the future may motivate Connor...

Assassin_M
06-19-2012, 03:58 PM
This is going to sound odd, but I had this sudden vision of scene, similar to the one in which Ezio talks directly to Desmond, between Connor and Desmond, only Desmond spoke back, and it was a major headscrew. I hope we see stuff like that. And maybe knowledge of the future may motivate Connor...
Ezio and Altair did have some vague knowledge about the Future, with Ezio having a lot more insight..

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm hoping for a stuff like that too! LOVED that scene! But Minerva's first mention of Desmond in AC2 is still my favourite, I was like "ohh ****! :O" that moment!

Or perhaps it will be something about the Eve Desmond is supposed to find? Maybe it will be Ratonhnhaké:ton who will have connection to this descendant of Eve?

Or it's about Ratonhnhaké:ton having some dark past, maybe killing someone innocent in the past and he tries to 'repent'???

Or maybe they will reveal that Ratonhnhaké:ton is gay (two-spirit). Hahahahaha right, hell will freeze sooner than anyone greenlights gay main protagonist

I'm out of ideas. Not gonna lie, can't think of anything really concrete other than the obvious Lee-father thing. But it is indeed kinda too obvious. So excited, can't wait to see what Ubi's cooking!

Turul.
06-19-2012, 04:03 PM

It would be a surprise to anyone not on these forums.

But I feel like it was too easy to figure out.

All someone had to do was go on his Wiki page and read a little bit.

I wish loomer979 asked Corey May about it. (great interview anyways)

we probably would have gotten the "I cant talk about that answer"

Saar Ben Kiki
06-19-2012, 04:13 PM
ill post the differences and similiarities:

-altair is driven by duty to rebuild and save his order, a duty as an assassin but connor is driven by justice and defending the people which was caused from the village massacre

-altair is deep in his words and talks with much wisdom, connor is very silent and picky of words, very thoughtful, but (probably) wise as well

-altair (and ezio) are masters of the art in cities and populated areas, while connor is a masterpiece predator in the wild

how they are similiar

-altair is mysterious and can become very demonic when hunting his enemies, connor too is mysterious and as said "goes rawr" and lets all his emotions out when hunting his enemies down, perhaps more than altair as he is refered to as "the predator"

-altair wants to kill onlt the templars, driven by the duty, connor kills only templars, driven by justice

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm hoping for a stuff like that too! LOVED that scene! But Minerva's first mention of Desmond in AC2 is still my favourite, I was like "ohh ****! :O" that moment!

Or perhaps it will be something about the Eve Desmond is supposed to find? Maybe it will be Ratonhnhaké:ton who will have connection to this descendant of Eve?

Yeah, when Minerva looks right at you... it's kinda unnerving :0
And yes, the Eve thing is curious. I still find it weird how 16 was right there for Revelations and Desmond didn't ask him about anything, not even the 'your son' stuff. ****, I wish loomer979 had asked about 16 as well. Anyway, Connor must have something to do with these unanswered questions we still have, or Desmond wouldn't be going back into the Animus. As far as we know, Desmond already knows what he 'needs to do.' Unless reliving Connor is part of that.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah, when Minerva looks right at you... it's kinda unnerving :0
And yes, the Eve thing is curious. I still find it weird how 16 was right there for Revelations and Desmond didn't ask him about anything, not even the 'your son' stuff. ****, I wish loomer979 had asked about 16 as well. Anyway, Connor must have something to do with these unanswered questions we still have, or Desmond wouldn't be going back into the Animus. As far as we know, Desmond already knows what he 'needs to do.' Unless reliving Connor is part of that.Wonder if the fact that the symbol at the top of the Temple showed by Minerva in AC2 looked almost exactly as memory seals from ACR is some kind of a clue? I mean, they do seem to put great attention to detail with stuff like that (esp. POE artifacts). Maybe Desmond finds some memories locked in a seal in the temple when they arrive in NY? maybe that seal contains memories of Eve??? But how would that connect to Ratonhnhaké:ton?

rileypoole1234
06-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I love the fact that Connor seems like a quiet, brutal assassin. That was my impression of him when I saw the first picture of him. I hope at some point in the game he loses control and lets his anger out. He seems somewhat sad to me as well. Almost like he has no friends or nobody to ever talk to. His village was burnt down after all..

freddie_1897
06-19-2012, 04:41 PM
we know that he's got a good dress sense. not something you find everyday i might add

OriginalMiles
06-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Connor reminds me of Alty, which I think is a good thing, and I like where this is going, he seems to not trust people, like he seems to frosty with the Colonist in the gameplay, and he seems to want to kill Templars, obviously.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 04:47 PM
He seems somewhat sad to me as well. Almost like he has no friends or nobody to ever talk to.:( Now I wanna hug him! :'(

we know that he's got a good dress sense. not something you find everyday i might add
lol but yeah, his outfit is fantastic, even if it doesn't really make him blend well ;P

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I love the fact that Connor seems like a quiet, brutal assassin. That was my impression of him when I saw the first picture of him. I hope at some point in the game he loses control and lets his anger out. He seems somewhat sad to me as well. Almost like he has no friends or nobody to ever talk to. His village was burnt down after all..

Yeah - I swear we've never seen him smile. In Ezio's reveal picture, he had this little smirk, and in the games, he was good at socialising. Connor... he does always look sad or angry, and like Corey said, he is hesitant to actually talk to people. I hope he finds a friend along the way.

OriginalMiles
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah - I swear we've never seen him smile. In Ezio's reveal picture, he had this little smirk, and in the games, he was good at socialising. Connor... he does always look sad or angry, and like Corey said, he is hesitant to actually talk to people. I hope he finds a friend along the way.
In the gameplay teaser, he smiles when he shoots an arrow at a guy.
No Pic, sorry.

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 04:55 PM
In the gameplay teaser, he smiles when he shoots an arrow at a guy.
No Pic, sorry.

Oh yeah, I remember - well that's even sadder, to be honest, if he only smiles when he kills people :0

OriginalMiles
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah, I remember - well that's even sadder, to be honest, if he only smiles when he kills people :0
Maybe he's only smiling because the dude was a guy who burned his village or something.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Maybe he's only smiling because the dude was a guy who burned his village or something.So that would be revenge thing. Hopefully not, I won't want him to be like Ezio

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 05:07 PM
So that would be revenge thing. Hopefully not, I won't want him to be like Ezio

Maybe hunting Templars makes him feel like his life still has a purpose :'(

SixKeys
06-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I love how everyone's already saying Connor reminds them of Altaďr when we've seen next to nothing about him. If he seems like the quiet, stoic type, it may be because we've only heard him say like two lines in total. For all we know, they might be entirely different. I hope so, anyway. It would be boring if they were too much alike.

albertwesker22
06-19-2012, 06:34 PM

Not really. I think people read way to much into that smile. Our Connor is a hunter remember. Connor was chasing the man through the tree's, he drops to the ground, has him in his sights and let's out a short satisfied grin.

It's funny that nobody mentions that in every promotional shot of Ezio, he has a flirty smirk and his hidden blades drawn.

Felix-Vivo
06-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Not really. I think people read way to much into that smile. Our Connor is a hunter remember. Connor was chasing the man through the tree's, he drops to the ground, has him in his sights and let's out a short satisfied grin.

It's funny that nobody mentions that in every promotional shot of Ezio, he has a flirty smirk and his hidden blades drawn.

Except from when I said this: "In Ezio's reveal picture, he had this little smirk."

:)

FirestarLuva
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
I have a feeling that Connor will probably be the most depressing character in the AC series so far, I mean, look at this picture: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/assassins-creed-3-ubiworkshop-edition-has-500-pages-for-100/ It's definetly gonna be a very depressing scene. Maybe someone died? Failure?Or maybe it's just artwork to show off Connor's character? Like in previous posts, Connor most of the time looks sad or angry, reserved, without friends. I have a feeling that maybe even his tribe won't want him, because he's a half-breed, cause on the official site it says that 'he tries to find his place in a world that views him as an outsider' and it was stated that he'll eventually fail at some of his goals. Maybe Ubisoft might even decide to kill him off at the end of AC3 or make him suicide because having such a depressed life. In spite of that, Connor seems like a much stronger character than Ezio, both physically and emotionally, I mean he keeps his pain and sorrow locked inside of him and releases his anger in battle while Ezio's emotions got him in lots of trouble in the beginning because he couldn't hold them back. :/

MCRMJ
06-20-2012, 01:12 AM
The thing that is interesting to me is the big surprise Corey mentions in the interview.

We know that the team love to throw a huge twist in the story, usually involving TWCB, but with this game I'm not so sure. There's going to be a lot of first civilization plot points, purely following on from the end of Revelations and the modern day story, so maybe the twist in this game comes directly from the descendent.

I'm not saying this is likely, but there's a possibility they could pull a move nobody would expect, in turning Connor into a Templar. Far fetched yes, but aside from Daniel Cross (who is also likely to make an appearance in AC3) and Lucy, it's not something that has been touched upon in any great detail with any of the ancestors, it might be a fine line between the two factions in AC3 unlike previous games. It would be extremely interesting as at this point, we don't know the reasoning behind Desmond accessing Connors memories. Can you imagine how it would change the modern day story dynamics, would they continue to follow Connor after a point like that?

Although it is more likely that it will be target related, kind of like Ezio in Revelations, he kills the wrong target (or gets the wrong information leading to him killing someone he shouldn't). This is something that looks as though it would affect Connor a great deal more than it did Ezio.

Though the thing I am looking forward to the most is actually finding out why we are following him. It has to be something big.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Though the thing I am looking forward to the most is actually finding out why we are following him. It has to be something big.IMO it's most likely related to the temple in New York Desmond arrives at at the end of ACR. It's said that AC3 starts right after that. So they will probably need to access Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories to get some info about the temple Ratonhnhaké:ton discovered during the Revolution.

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I cannot wait to find out how Ratonhnhaké:ton's entire story will unfold. It makes me slightly anxious to wait. He seems like a very interesting character with a good story to tell :D uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh the wait is torture lmao...need...more....info... ☼.☼

RatonhnhakeFan
06-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I cannot wait to find out how Ratonhnhaké:ton's entire story will unfold. It makes me slightly anxious to wait. He seems like a very interesting character with a good story to tell :D uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh the wait is torture lmao...need...more....info... ☼.☼
It's only 4 months left ;P Really not much. There are some games I'm waiting for that don't come out till Spring 2013 ;_; But yes, I'm extremely interested in AC3 story. Everything, from the main character, to Desmond!

EDIT:
Found an interesting tidbit from GameSpy preview:

Hutchinson made a point of saying that Connor's no Ezio clone: "We didn't want the Native American lothario. He's quieter, and he's driven by a general desire to help people."full article here: http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html

Hell yeah! No more Ezio womanizing cliches! :cool:

Acrimonious_Nin
06-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Good I hope to see alot of Ratonhnhaké:ton kickass action in this game. u.u I especially want to see how awesomely ''too the point'' he is with his dialogue (assuming there is one) with the targets he assassinates :d

FirestarLuva
06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
The thing that is interesting to me is the big surprise Corey mentions in the interview.

We know that the team love to throw a huge twist in the story, usually involving TWCB, but with this game I'm not so sure. There's going to be a lot of first civilization plot points, purely following on from the end of Revelations and the modern day story, so maybe the twist in this game comes directly from the descendent.

I'm not saying this is likely, but there's a possibility they could pull a move nobody would expect, in turning Connor into a Templar. Far fetched yes, but aside from Daniel Cross (who is also likely to make an appearance in AC3) and Lucy, it's not something that has been touched upon in any great detail with any of the ancestors, it might be a fine line between the two factions in AC3 unlike previous games. It would be extremely interesting as at this point, we don't know the reasoning behind Desmond accessing Connors memories. Can you imagine how it would change the modern day story dynamics, would they continue to follow Connor after a point like that?

Although it is more likely that it will be target related, kind of like Ezio in Revelations, he kills the wrong target (or gets the wrong information leading to him killing someone he shouldn't). This is something that looks as though it would affect Connor a great deal more than it did Ezio.

Though the thing I am looking forward to the most is actually finding out why we are following him. It has to be something big.

Great theory! Now that you mentioned it, it will be really awesome if that happened! It would be interesting to see Connor pulling an Anakin Skywalker and becoming evil at some point of the story. I mean, come on, Corey May did say he will have a hidden anger and desire for revenge and if he comes across the Apple it might actually lead to some point of madness taking control of him. And they did say that Connor will *SPOILER* fail at bringing freedom to his people so that might cause a lot of grief in him as well. :)

LightRey
06-21-2012, 11:18 AM

Interesting theory, but I sincerely doubt it. There are valid points made in the game for fighting the Templar ideology. To turn Templar would mean to suddenly agree with them, which basically means giving up on fighting for free will. It's just not a turn I see them making and I'd say it's a cheap way to add a twist to the story.

Legendz54
06-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Connor looks like a very unique character and will probably be my favourite, Since there are other tribes other than the mohawk,there will probably be other (templar) tribes, it is mentioned you will fight other natives. Connor looks like he has a lot of anger even at the colonists, when he was talking to that Troop he seemed to get extremely irritated when he mentioned helping the patriots and cut him off immediately. One of his goals might be to kill his father who is now a templar (charles lee) he would also hate charles lee for other reasons like abandoning his mother, not to mention his relationship with his twin brother,(charles lee had twins). Corey said he went through deep traumas as a child and he is hesitant to open himself up to people.

albertwesker22
06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Interesting theory, but I sincerely doubt it. There are valid points made in the game for fighting the Templar ideology. To turn Templar would mean to suddenly agree with them, which basically means giving up on fighting for free will. It's just not a turn I see them making and I'd say it's a cheap way to add a twist to the story.

I agree, I mean if they wanted Connor to feel sympathetic to their cause, that is one thing but we don't need a script flip just for the sake of it.

I would like there to be more interaction between the Templars and Assassins in a non violent way. Kind of like how Ezio was with Ahmet in Revelations. I thought the conversation he had with him at the arsenal was one of the best moments in the series.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
06-21-2012, 03:48 PM
He gets a scar! Woop woop. Look at his cheek.

http://watchusplaygames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/assassins-creed-3-indian-connor-screenshot-cutscene.jpg

RatonhnhakeFan
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Connor looks like a very unique character and will probably be my favourite, Since there are other tribes other than the mohawk,there will probably be other (templar) tribes, it is mentioned you will fight other natives. Connor looks like he has a lot of anger even at the colonists, when he was talking to that Troop he seemed to get extremely irritated when he mentioned helping the patriots and cut him off immediately. One of his goals might be to kill his father who is now a templar (charles lee) he would also hate charles lee for other reasons like abandoning his mother, not to mention his relationship with his twin brother,(charles lee had twins). Corey said he went through deep traumas as a child and he is hesitant to open himself up to people.
Even if Lee is not his father, we know they will enter a conflict very early on so I definitely expect Lee to be one of the villains/Templars regardless if he is Ratonhnhaké:ton's father or not.

He gets a scar! Woop woop. Look at his cheek.Yeah but it ain't a scar on lip like Altair/Desmon/Ezio have

Felix-Vivo
06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Even if Lee is not his father, we know they will enter a conflict very early on so I definitely expect Lee to be one of the villains/Templars regardless if he is Ratonhnhaké:ton's father or not.

Yeah but it ain't a scar on lip like Altair/Desmon/Ezio have

I was just thinking about this - in AC:R, Desmond has no scar...

EDIT: Or if he does, it is very very faint. I'm still trying to decide if it's there or not.

LightRey
06-21-2012, 04:53 PM
He gets a scar! Woop woop. Look at his cheek.

http://watchusplaygames.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/assassins-creed-3-indian-connor-screenshot-cutscene.jpg
I'm also seeing something on his lip, but it's very thin. Might be a scar, might not be. It does resemble Desmond's scar as seen in ACR (because that one was barely visible).

RatonhnhakeFan
06-21-2012, 05:00 PM
I was just thinking about this - in AC:R, Desmond has no scar...

EDIT: Or if he does, it is very very faint. I'm still trying to decide if it's there or not.

Some people say it's still there but very faint. In any case, it's probably no longer important for Ubisoft.

Requiscent
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Although people are saying they like for Connor to be more akin to Altaďr, I hope he isn't too much like him. I'd rather have Connor be Connor, not Altaďr 2.0. Of course it's too early to say as we've seen little of him.

medcsu
06-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Couple things of note:
First of all Connor differs massively from both Altair and Ezio in that he is rather an outcast (assumption) in that Ezio was Italian and ran around Italy and Altair was middle eastern and ran around that area mostly. I bring this up because Connor, in a time that Native Americans did not get much, if any respect in the America's, he has more than likely gone through quite a bit of hatred towards him simply based on that. We know already his tribes village was burned down. Futher, being a "half breed" it is practically assured he will have/will be going through a considerable amount of ill will based on his heritage. One final thing on this note. In the Game Informer magazine there was a picture of a young Connor being held against a tree by Lee and they look VERY similar so my early assumption is that Lee is his father. This leaves the question, where did he learn about the order/get some of his non Native American equipment, etc but that is another topic entirely.

Second off, considering what I mentioned in the previous and including what I am about to mentioned could, usually, turn a person into a bitter individual but it does not seem to be the case with Connor. He seems more soft spoken then both Ezio and Altair. Also, from the little we have seen, he is direct but, dare I say, caring in regards to the way he stated he brought the meat to the *****er, the way he humbly nodded to the man in the stock and how he was chatting with the American soldier. He seems rather direct but also calm, collected and again, soft spoken. This would be a drastic change from both the arrogant Altair and suave Ezio and I like it.

Lastly, we know Connor was a ship Captain. I would be amiss to not add that this is a major position of power, especially for those days. I think this goes hand in hand to him being the son of Lee. The question is, again, is Lee a member of the Assassin order? He would easily come off to the lay viewer as an antagonist but, call it a gut feeling, and the resemblence in the pictures, I have a feeling he will be Connors connection to the order with his tribe training him in his skills (outside of the AC order skills).

Just some theory's but I feel pretty well founded. What do you think?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Couple things of note:
This leaves the question, where did he learn about the order/get some of his non Native American equipment, etc but that is another topic entirely.
[...]

The question is, again, is Lee a member of the Assassin order? He would easily come off to the lay viewer as an antagonist but, call it a gut feeling, and the resemblence in the pictures, I have a feeling he will be Connors connection to the order with his tribe training him in his skills (outside of the AC order skills).Based on what the developers have already said (how we're gonna play young Ratonhnhaké:ton), the picture of him with native dress and Lee's real-life history, it seems like Ratonhnhaké:ton simply grew up in Mohawk Valley with his mom (and possible twin sibling) his entire life and not with Lee. Real Charles Lee was absent from America for a decade, when Ratonhnhaké:ton would be about 7-17 or 8-18. Real Charles Lee didn't care about his Mohawk wife that much, he was still vising prostitutes after the marriage and he didn't even consider the marriage to be really "100% bonding holy union". And of course, he left his wife and kids completely couple years later. So if he is Ratonhnhaké:ton's father, there ain't gonna be any daddy-son great relationship, passing the torch or anything like that.

Devs said that Assassins simply come to America during that time so Ratonhnhaké:ton could just stumble upon then and join them because he shared their values.

FirestarLuva
06-21-2012, 11:53 PM
I think Charles Lee might be one of the main antagonists in the game, I mean he dies in 1782 in Philadelphia, a year before the game ends, so it could be possible that Connor might kill him, but why?

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 12:02 AM
I think Charles Lee might be one of the main antagonists in the game, I mean he dies in 1782 in Philadelphia, a year before the game ends, so it could be possible that Connor might kill him, but why?And the devs have already said that Philadelphia will be featured in the game but not as a gameplay area. I mean, c'mon xD Everything's still open and it could go either way, we won't know for sure till the game's released (or close to the release when stuff will start leaking), but the way it looks like at the moment seems to me like they've perfectly tailored the entire game to have Ratonhnhaké:ton be Lee's son.

If that's the case, I wonder what will be the story of his twin. Will it be a boy or a girl? Will he/she die in the attack on their village? Will there be some memory/animus twist with the fact that Ratonhnhaké:ton has a twin sibling?

I love him so much already <3

FirestarLuva
06-22-2012, 12:29 AM
And the devs have already said that Philadelphia will be featured in the game but not as a gameplay area. I mean, c'mon xD Everything's still open and it could go either way, we won't know for sure till the game's released (or close to the release when stuff will start leaking), but the way it looks like at the moment seems to me like they've perfectly tailored the entire game to have Ratonhnhaké:ton be Lee's son.

If that's the case, I wonder what will be the story of his twin. Will it be a boy or a girl? Will he/she die in the attack on their village? Will there be some memory/animus twist with the fact that Ratonhnhaké:ton has a twin sibling?

I love him so much already <3

Me too! :} <3
Anyway If the other twin is a girl it would make an interesting plot if she is taken by Redcoats and Connor sets out to find her as well as hunting Templars along the way! :D
P.S. I'm hoping Connor being Lee's son is not that 'big' spoiler that Corey didn't want to talk about, hope it's something else.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Me too! :} <3
Anyway If the other twin is a girl it would make an interesting plot if she is taken by Redcoats and Connor sets out to find her as well as hunting Templars along the way! :D
P.S. I'm hoping Connor being Lee's son is not that 'big' spoiler that Corey didn't want to talk about, hope it's something else.Hmmmm.... He said the big spoiler is about Ratonhnhaké:ton's motivations/character. Doubt they're gonna have yet another 3rd super twist motivation thing going on (if Lee = father is true). Lee being a father would be a rather big twist IMO for players, esp. if it's not revealed till later in the game. I do expect some other twists, like something with TWCB, Animus, Desmond, "the new Eve" etc but not more about Ratonhnhaké:ton I think. Unless it's something totally different like IDK, a terminal disease so he's extra motivated to do good before he passes away? No idea :/ Hope it ain't any terminal disease though xD Don't want him to die ;_;

kudos17
06-22-2012, 01:25 AM
I just want to duck in here and ask how anyone knows Charles Lee is Connor's father? I guess you could say that this forum has been putting two-and-two together and have reached a general consensus, but honestly, nobody here knows for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but everyone appears to run on the assumption that it is. For all we know, maybe Connor's father isn't even a historically-solid figure.

Also, let's say that Lee is the father after all. If I recall correctly, didn't he have two children with his Mohawk wife? Meaning either Connor has a sibling, doesn't know he has a sibling, or is an illegitimate child of one of Lee's other exploits and is not aware of his other step-siblings.

Assassin_M
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
I just want to duck in here and ask how anyone knows Charles Lee is Connor's father? I guess you could say that this forum has been putting two-and-two together and have reached a general consensus, but honestly, nobody here knows for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but everyone appears to run on the assumption that it is. For all we know, maybe Connor's father isn't even a historically-solid figure.

Also, let's say that Lee is the father after all. If I recall correctly, didn't he have two children with his Mohawk wife? Meaning either Connor has a sibling, doesn't know he has a sibling, or is an illegitimate child of one of Lee's other exploits and is not aware of his other step-siblings.
SOME have taken it as a fact, others believe it to be very likely, while a small minority don't believe it at all..

medcsu
06-22-2012, 01:57 AM

I have come to feel it is likely based on two things.
1) The picture from the Game Informer magazine (very father vs son like)
2) Lee's life which coincides with the time of the game, Philadelphia, etc

I truly believe Lee will not only be Connors father, which more than likely allowed him to become a ship Captain at such a young age, but also that Lee will present as a primary antagonist of sorts, perhaps being that of the Templar order, though a lot of back story will be needed for that to come true.

Out of Lee, Washington and Franklin, the most OBVIOUS choice for Templar would be Lee based on historical facts. What an interesting plot twist that would be if the Templar you are hunting is actually your father also. Now THAT is pretty cool and will present some amazing in game lore/story to occur.

I am really excited about this game. Connor, from the very little we have seen, seems like he will be one heck of an amazing story to come.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-22-2012, 02:13 AM
I just want to duck in here and ask how anyone knows Charles Lee is Connor's father? I guess you could say that this forum has been putting two-and-two together and have reached a general consensus, but honestly, nobody here knows for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but everyone appears to run on the assumption that it is. For all we know, maybe Connor's father isn't even a historically-solid figure.It is a popular theory but we all always say "if", and "unconfirmed" etc. Nobody's stating it as a fact, no matter how likely it is (or unlikely ;P)

Also, let's say that Lee is the father after all. If I recall correctly, didn't he have two children with his Mohawk wife? Meaning either Connor has a sibling, doesn't know he has a sibling, or is an illegitimate child of one of Lee's other exploits and is not aware of his other step-siblings.These kids were twins. Not very likely that Ratonhnhaké:ton wouldn't know about his sibling in such case.

Felix-Vivo
06-22-2012, 02:59 PM
I remembered something else we know about Connor - he joins the Assassin's aged just 15, I think?

FirestarLuva
06-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I remembered something else we know about Connor - he joins the Assassin's aged just 15, I think?

He joins the Order in 1770, so if he is born in 1755 or 1753 then he'll be 15 or 17 by then I guess. :)

WolfTemplar94
06-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I can see the father, whoever he is, being the reason Connor joins the Assasins. It would be interesting, and quite different if Connor felt obliged to be a part of the Assassins, while also connecting him to Desmond a bit too. Maybe that's what the picture of LEe and Connor as a child is? Connor's initiation ceremony.

Felix-Vivo
06-24-2012, 11:24 AM
I can see the father, whoever he is, being the reason Connor joins the Assasins. It would be interesting, and quite different if Connor felt obliged to be a part of the Assassins, while also connecting him to Desmond a bit too. Maybe that's what the picture of LEe and Connor as a child is? Connor's initiation ceremony.

That doesn't sound impossible! Connor could easily be fifteen in that picture. Maybe it's some kind of test, like the Assassins want to know what he's made of.

I have some other thoughts - in the Naval gameplay demo, do we know which side his is 'with' at the time? I seem to remember hearing that the American side didn't have a naval force. I could be wrong, though.

Also, a few more ages, not that we can really get much from them: that naval demo was in 1778, so Connor is 23. The Frontier demo was 1776, so that makes him 21 there. In the Boston demo, it's 1773, making him 18.

All this is going on the supposed birthdate of 1755, by the way. I hope these are right. It would be nice to play as a young Assassin again.

notafanboy
06-24-2012, 12:03 PM
That doesn't sound impossible! Connor could easily be fifteen in that picture. Maybe it's some kind of test, like the Assassins want to know what he's made of.

I have some other thoughts - in the Naval gameplay demo, do we know which side his is 'with' at the time? I seem to remember hearing that the American side didn't have a naval force. I could be wrong, though.

Also, a few more ages, not that we can really get much from them: that naval demo was in 1778, so Connor is 23. The Frontier demo was 1776, so that makes him 21 there. In the Boston demo, it's 1773, making him 18.

All this is going on the supposed birthdate of 1755, by the way. I hope these are right. It would be nice to play as a young Assassin again.

i think Connor´s ship has a colonial flag on it.

FirestarLuva
06-24-2012, 08:39 PM

I hope he really is born in 1755. If that's true then that means he'll be 28 by the end of the game, which means, younger assassin, more years to explore which equals to a possibility of another game with Connor. :3

RatonhnhakeFan
06-24-2012, 09:38 PM
I hope he really is born in 1755. If that's true then that means he'll be 28 by the end of the game, which means, younger assassin, more years to explore which equals to a possibility of another game with Connor. :3I really doubt it's not true. It was in a video that Ubisoft gave to press. Plus, developers have already said in various interviews that he will be around 30 at the end of the game so EVEN if that 1755 date was an error, the real one won't be much different.

Don't worry, he'll stay young and handsome :p :3

Felix-Vivo
06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I really doubt it's not true. It was in a video that Ubisoft gave to press. Plus, developers have already said in various interviews that he will be around 30 at the end of the game so EVEN if that 1755 date was an error, the real one won't be much different.

Yay. That's just the way we like him :p

albertwesker22
06-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I really doubt it's not true. It was in a video that Ubisoft gave to press. Plus, developers have already said in various interviews that he will be around 30 at the end of the game so EVEN if that 1755 date was an error, the real one won't be much different.

Ezio was still handsome at 52. Give Connor the same treatment Ubi :)

Felix-Vivo
06-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I also love the way that Connor interacts with people in the E3 trailer. He's like, "Outta my way, you irrelevant person."
:)

Felix-Vivo
06-27-2012, 03:13 PM
So, given that is Connor is relatively young in the demo's we've seen so far (only 18 in the Boston demo!) does this mean, like people have suspected, that towards the start of the game, redcoats and Templars on the British side will be our main targets? With a switch sometime after that? Or maybe it will be integrated all the way through, it just wasn't shown because of this whole marketing issue.

I hope they pull some massive twist out of the bag. Wasn't it written that Tempars planned WW2?