PDA

View Full Version : Virtual training or free combat rounds

scout455
06-15-2012, 10:40 PM
In Brotherhood we got a virtual training progrm where we could kill as many guards as possible. I was a little frustrated as to why it didn't come back in revelations especially since the game wasn't even that long nor did it have any side quest. Now that the combat is more fluid does anyone no if that will be returning to AC?Something kind of similar to the challenge rounds in Arkham city. It should be cool if it did return. One more question does anyone know how man hours of gameplay will be in ac3?

MT4K
06-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Cannot really answer about virtual training although i hope it is back with an unlimited mode where there is no timer so we can really practice combat fully.

As for length. Well the devs have said it should be about as long as AC2 possibly slightly longer, but taking into account extra stuff like sidequests ect it will be longer than AC2 overall.

xChupa
06-16-2012, 12:21 AM
I really hope they bring back Virtual Training. It added a lot of replay value and was really fun. Both the combat rooms and stealth rooms.

Actually instead of virtual training, I'd rather just have realistic challenge modes with the standard graphics instead of the animus backdrop.
Stealth rooms could work similar to stealth sections of Assassin Tombs, and combat rooms could just be an enclosed room where waves of guards come in.
All the same as Virtual Training, but set in the world of the Assassin instead of the world of the Animus.

Also I hope they have an endless combat mode, where there is just constantly more enemies pouring in.
Leaderboards could be cool too, to see who had the highest killstreak, who lived the longest, ect.

But yeah I hope they bring back some sort of Challenge rooms.

JCearlyyears
06-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm hoping for virtual training.

SixKeys
06-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Virtual training was good for one game, I don't really need it back. I know it was technically Desmond in the training program, just using Ezio as an avatar, but it wouldn't feel right to have Connor act so ruthlessly. Ezio was always much more flashy and didn't really care about killing lots of innocent guards. So even though it's not really him in the VR Room, it still feels like Ezio. Connor seems like a different type of guy, having him in the virtual training slaughtering hundreds would feel wrong.

RzaRecta357
06-16-2012, 02:01 AM
This game is gonna be to big for that guys. Honestly, it's being developed for the PS3 first. It's big as RDR in landmass size. Has Naval battles and Desmond sequences to boot. I bet they cram all kinds of little challenges and stuff into this one.

If it's gonna stay on one disc... with the MP... I doubt it'll get any bigger than that.

They have to have that giant map twice also, because of the seasons thing.

AnthonyA85
06-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Since they're rebuilding the combat system, i'd be surprised if they didn't have the training room back. Though, even if we don't, they're probably will be dedicated training areas, like the practice rings in previous games.

Evenesque
06-16-2012, 04:38 AM
I only used it in loading screens to learn things, but I think it would just be another plus for the game if it was included (and not ****, of course.) I like the idea of having what people are calling an endless combat mode, which is to me a Horde mode but with just you. I would also like it to be set in Connor's world, not Desmonds of the animus. I think a Horde mode with Connor, or even better, connor and all of his assassins, would be awesome. I would've much rather had that fully implemented than freaking tower defense.

I think it would be pretty sweet actually, to have a mode that works kind of like Arkham City's brawl challenges. But for this, the waves are endless, the combos builf up a resource that you could use to power Brotherhood abilities like simply adding an allied assassin to the fight, or if you save up more of X resource, add either 2, or upgrade the current Brotherhood assassin. I think it could be really cool if done correctly, even if it was just it's own DLC package. Could change NPC types for certain kinds, could change maps to outside in the forest with a winter and summer option. Could have winter/summer maps in closed off parts of Boston, maybe with flaming haybales blocking what would normally be the exits. Could even make boss waves using templar characters from the story or Multiplayer. I think if they put the effort into it, it would be really awesome.

Virtual training was good for one game, I don't really need it back. I know it was technically Desmond in the training program, just using Ezio as an avatar, but it wouldn't feel right to have Connor act so ruthlessly. Ezio was always much more flashy and didn't really care about killing lots of innocent guards. So even though it's not really him in the VR Room, it still feels like Ezio. Connor seems like a different type of guy, having him in the virtual training slaughtering hundreds would feel wrong.

I don't know if you've seen the combat demos, but Connor is just as if not more violently cold than Ezio and Altair. Ezio gave this air of classical, violent romance. Whereas Connor comes across as a hunter. More predatory and reserved. They've even told us they consciously made the decision to make him more predatory, and more introverted a character than the romantic Italian we've been playing as. A room where he practices his combat fluidity and efficiency seems plenty reasonable to me.

crash3
06-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I preferred the training rings a lot more than virtual training, they felt like a more realistic way of learning new combat moves and gave us more interaction with other assassins on the brotherhood. I think VR programmes are really artificial and just generally rubbish. Also I liked how in AC2 you could pay to learn special advanced moves, giving us an incentive to earn money
so...

Training Rings: YES!!!
VR Programme: NO!!!

dxsxhxcx
06-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I would like to see the VT room returning, with an endless mode like suggested by Sabiox and some sort of challenge rooms like it was suggested by xChupa, since now we'll have a cover system it would be interesting if we had some "missions/challenges" similar to the ones we have in Metal Gear Solid VT room like go to point A to B without being seen, etc... I used to love those missions in MGS.. :)

also I don't think the VT room should look like the cities, the entire game already look like that so the virtual training room should stay as it is...

BBALive
06-17-2012, 12:27 AM
I hope they decide to put it back in the game. It was a lot of fun.

SixKeys
06-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't know if you've seen the combat demos, but Connor is just as if not more violently cold than Ezio and Altair. Ezio gave this air of classical, violent romance. Whereas Connor comes across as a hunter. More predatory and reserved. They've even told us they consciously made the decision to make him more predatory, and more introverted a character than the romantic Italian we've been playing as. A room where he practices his combat fluidity and efficiency seems plenty reasonable to me.

Yes, but from what we've seen so far, the way he kills is more efficient rather than showy. Ezio would do stuff like hammer some guy's face in with a maul and then playfully push him over, like it was all a game. With Connor I get the vibe that he only kills when he has to. The devs have even said they've given him a non-lethal sleephold to take out enemies and that it might even be possible to go throughout the entire game without killing anyone except your targets.

Evenesque
06-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Yes, but from what we've seen so far, the way he kills is more efficient rather than showy. Ezio would do stuff like hammer some guy's face in with a maul and then playfully push him over, like it was all a game. With Connor I get the vibe that he only kills when he has to. The devs have even said they've given him a non-lethal sleephold to take out enemies and that it might even be possible to go throughout the entire game without killing anyone except your targets.

I think it's important to understand the difference between Connor killing when he has to, and Connor killing reluctantly. Just because he kills when it's needed, doesn't mean he's actively detesting it. He fully believes in his cause as an assassin most likely, because you can't be one if you don't. So I imagine he's pretty cold toward his casualties, who are all technically outsiders to him, invaders who need to be repelled so as to not poison his home with templar bollocks.

Like I said, I think it fits Connor more than Ezio to kill purely as a training excercise to hone his skills as a predator, whereas Ezio would feel awkward to me, and it did, because he hinted sometimes that he wasn't a fan of the fact that he's caused so much death, but he knew it was necessary. Ezio was more of a romantic, so killing as purely practice would've felt unnaturally cold for him. For me, it fits Connor well. He feels like a mix between James bond and Jason Bourne. Specifically, he reminds me a lot of Sphinx from Gone in 60 Seconds.

Turul.
06-17-2012, 03:37 AM
It would be nice to have it back

playing through revelations a second time and realized there really isnt any side quests.

theres 3 factions quests. 8 piri reis. assassin mentor quests. the random events are VERY VERY rare though ive only seen one and have about 20 hours or so logged

SixKeys
06-17-2012, 04:32 AM
It would be nice to have it back

playing through revelations a second time and realized there really isnt any side quests.

theres 3 factions quests. 8 piri reis. assassin mentor quests. the random events are VERY VERY rare though ive only seen one and have about 20 hours or so logged

There are three random events in total, none of them really worth mentioning. There's one where you beat up a braggart in a street fight, one where you carry boxes for a merchant and I'm sure there was a third one but I can't even remember what it was, it was that insignificant. :p They did have virtual training of sorts in the form of tutorials in ACR, but there was no way to access them from the main menu, the option only flashed on the screen for a few seconds every time you learned a new skill.

Turul.
06-17-2012, 06:30 AM
There are three random events in total, none of them really worth mentioning. There's one where you beat up a braggart in a street fight, one where you carry boxes for a merchant and I'm sure there was a third one but I can't even remember what it was, it was that insignificant. :p They did have virtual training of sorts in the form of tutorials in ACR, but there was no way to access them from the main menu, the option only flashed on the screen for a few seconds every time you learned a new skill.

yeah, but theyre still only tutorials

kinda dissapointed with the lack of side quests.
they must have thought den defense would take up more time.

and ive only done it once so far..... 50% sync right now

freddie_1897
06-17-2012, 08:51 AM
i believe they said in an interview that the main story was about 20% longer than AC2's

DarkDreamer95
06-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Sure, VT was fun. And yes to the non-timed combat modes. :)

I don't mind the Animus layout instead of an actual tomb or something, but I wouldn't mind an actual background for the stealth trainings and free running ones :)