PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Lots of side quests ?

ac3.no1
06-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Will there be a lot of side quests?.

I finished Revelations before the game actually came out (got it posted to me 5 days before release lolololol) and there were hardly any side quest to do. So i put it in my "god box" with the rest of my assassins creed gear and its been there ever since.

I seriously hope you guys have implemented a huge amount of side quest for us to do. For the hardcore campaign players (who don't like multilayer) the game generally last 3 to 5 days, hopefully you haven't put 3 years of work into 5 days of play.

Assassin_M
06-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Who is to answer this question ? Because we really dont know..
but based on what we`v been told about random events ad clubs, I suppose we`ll have our hands full

ac3.no1
06-15-2012, 05:49 PM
There is no idea form, so ?. The last place i thought.

MT4K
06-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Well AC3 is going to be the most RPG like of the frachise so far. so i'd expect them to add lots of side quests since that is kind of one of the staples of an RPG game. along with levling up and stuff (which recruits could already do)

ac3.no1
06-15-2012, 06:25 PM
well for now that reply will do me :D.

JCearlyyears
06-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I beat ac games in a day so I guess I'd be satisfied with 5 days of play but I have no life and play non-stop doing an insane speed run through each mission to cut right through the game, but if you take your time and pace yourself, it should take longer than a day, so if 4 days of your play is 1 of mine, and I would be getting 5 days of play, you would get 20 days of play I think, but that's all assuming I would be getting 5 days of play and my day of play is your 4 days of play. But I don't do side missions until after I beat the game, which I might change for ac3. If you do club things and you accept side missions from people which is shown in the e3 gameplay, it will take even longer.

ac3.no1
06-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I didn't really care for the first part lol, but yeah should be cool to join hunting clubs. But i would like to see some huge side quest/ small ones/ medium one and then finally the main quest. Kinda like Skyrim, but obviously not as huge lol.

ProletariatPleb
06-15-2012, 06:39 PM
I didn't really care for the first part lol, but yeah should be cool to join hunting clubs. But i would like to see some huge side quest/ small ones/ medium one and then finally the main quest. Kinda like Skyrim, but obviously not as huge lol.
Sadly AC isn't an RPG, so main story will have full priority, and won't be short(unlike Skyrim's 2hour long MQ). But there seem to be plenty of sidemissions, seeing we already got 2 in the demo.

ac3.no1
06-15-2012, 06:54 PM
That's a very good point, i guess we just need to play the waiting game (lol"game") till it comes out. Unless they post a vid explaining the side quests lol.

tarrero
06-16-2012, 01:49 AM
From what we have seem before, it makes sense to assume that there is going to be a mandatory naval mission that will open a related side quest, I hope the game has bounty hunter missions too.

RzaRecta357
06-16-2012, 01:55 AM
I'm sure regardless of what they said that they took some cues from RDR. You can tell they did with the not having to stop to pick up quests... they just run up to you and it records it.

Evenesque
06-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Will there be a lot of side quests?.

I finished Revelations before the game actually came out (got it posted to me 5 days before release lolololol) and there were hardly any side quest to do. So i put it in my "god box" with the rest of my assassins creed gear and its been there ever since.

I seriously hope you guys have implemented a huge amount of side quest for us to do. For the hardcore campaign players (who don't like multilayer) the game generally last 3 to 5 days, hopefully you haven't put 3 years of work into 5 days of play.

AC games never last me more than 3 days in singleplayer storyline. But that being said, the game as a whole, just single player even, lasts me at least 5 months. It's a sandbox game where you're basically a fantastical iteration of a ninja. How do you just put a sandbox game down after finishing the story and tell yourself that's all you can get from it?

I still play ACR and Batman AC and RDR. Open world games are the games I play the longest by far and have the most fun with. AC3 is almost gauranteed to be better than it's predecessors based on all of the info we've seen and have, so I'm not understanding how someone can say an AC game's worth is purely it's story, no matter how long it takes you to finish it. When it comes to AC games and open world games in general, I come for the story, but I stay far longer for the open-world aspects.

xChupa
06-16-2012, 08:20 AM
OP, if you're a hardcore campaign player, then why would you banish the game to your "god box" after only a few days of playing?

Why not, say, play through again? Or replay your favorite missions?

I'm a campaign guy and I replay my favorite game's campaigns endlessly. For example I've logged up about 80 hours on Uncharted 2's campaign over about a year of owning it (got it last June).

If you only play campaign then it seems worthless to buy any game if you refuse to replay it. Just rent it, beat it in 3 days, and return it.

As for whether AC3 will have side quests, I think you're in luck.
I don't remember where exactly, but I think I heard in an interview that AC3 features many side quests that will stack up and you can complete them whenever you want.