PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 PC delayed

Bucur92
06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/13/ghos...on-pc-june-26/ (http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/13/ghost-recon-future-soldier-to-release-on-pc-june-26/)
Assassins Creed 3 PC is TBD

Mr Shade a few days ago wrote this:
The PC version is still on track for release.
Any missing artwork / release info on trailers is an error.(so why this error happens only to the PC)
For more detailed info please watch closer to release, as at present there is no delay.

So a big lie from Mr Shade and Ubisoft.Congrats

lothario-da-be
06-13-2012, 08:13 PM
well i asume this is not official. And maybe its just 3 days or a week.

MT4K
06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
TBD doesn't mean it's delayed. It just means either they haven't set it in stone yet. or the website hasn't updated the page. until ubisoft officially come out and say it is delayed. expect an oct 30th release. A lot of websites might leave a TBD mark next to it just out of expecting a delay as well since previous titles have been.

oliacr
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
They will release AC on oct 31 MAX until nov 15. 2weeks like ACR . You should be happy with these 2 weeks not 5-6 months like AC 1- AC2- ACB...

Bucur92
06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
I dont think Ubisoft will ever release an Assassins Creed game on PC the same day as consoles.If is only 2 weeks then im fine but with no DRM on top of it.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
"What a Professional, what a Professional approach" - Shaun Hastings

oliacr
06-13-2012, 08:30 PM
I dont think Ubisoft will ever release an Assassins Creed game on PC the same day as consoles.If is only 2 weeks then im fine but with no DRM on top of it.

i do

pacmanate
06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Mr Shade is not a bloody dev. He tells people what he gets told and gives opinions. All I can say is

get a console.

Dejan507
06-13-2012, 08:59 PM
It would be insanely stupid to buy a console now at the end of a console generation... I'd rather wait

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Website does not have any info. Can clearly see it. AC 3 is due to release on the 30th (NA) and 31st (EUR/ASIA) on the following platforms, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU and PC.

You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch over what a website states. Look at IGN and Gamestop (they even have them in the UK and other areas). They state it's on PC for the 30th/31st.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 09:03 PM
It would be insanely stupid to buy a console now at the end of a console generation... I'd rather wait
I`d suggest you read this..
Its just an educated opinion, but its very convincing and somewhat makes sense..
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/nextgeneration-games-consoles-wait-opinion/

Dejan507
06-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Guys let's not fool ourselves, it will be delayed, but what is a few weeks, 2 at most? I surely don't mind it that much

Bucur92
06-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Website does not have any info. Can clearly see it. AC 3 is due to release on the 30th (NA) and 31st (EUR/ASIA) on the following platforms, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU and PC.

You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch over what a website states. Look at IGN and Gamestop (they even have them in the UK and other areas). They state it's on PC for the 30th/31st.

Do you realy belive that Ubisoft will release Assassins Creed 3 the same time as console?

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Do you realy belive that Ubisoft will release Assassins Creed 3 the same time as console?
Why do you choose to completely ignore 2 of the top sites that state the PC will be released on time and believe THAT website ?

Bucur92
06-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Why do you choose to completely ignore 2 of the top sites that state the PC will be released on time and believe THAT website ?

Because Ubisoft has history with delayng PC versions of their games.I will be happy to be wrong with AC3 but i just dont see that happen.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Because Ubisoft has history with delayng PC versions of their games.I will be happy to be wrong with AC3 but i just dont see that happen.
Then wait for an Official announcement before you call them liars and jump to conclusions..
even if it WAS delayed they would not be liars, because they have stated numerous times before that its not set in stone..

dxsxhxcx
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/13/ghos...on-pc-june-26/ (http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/13/ghost-recon-future-soldier-to-release-on-pc-june-26/)
Assassins Creed 3 PC is TBD

Mr Shade a few days ago wrote this:
The PC version is still on track for release.
Any missing artwork / release info on trailers is an error.
For more detailed info please watch closer to release, as at present there is no delay.

I may be wrong because english is not my native language but the highlighted line means to me that at the moment the PC version is expected to be released at the same day as the console versions, but this doesn't mean it can't change until there...

don't get me wrong, I'm at the same boat as you waiting to play the PC version and I hope they tell us the **** new release date soon (because we all know or at least expect it'll be delayed, all the previous games were delayed so I don't think this time will be different), but I don't see any lie in what Mr_Shade said in this case, IMO he didn't confirm nor deny that the PC version will be released at the same day as the others...

Medo3G
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Well Someone would be lying if got delayed
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html

Locopells
06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
I've seen this exchange from that article before, but it still makes me laugh!

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

dxsxhxcx
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Well Someone would be lying if got delayed
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-creed-2012/1221571p1.html

I lol'ed when I read those questions for the first time, it's sad but is so true that end up being funny.. :p

but that interview is a little old and liking it or not release dates can change sometimes, the problem is that this happens often with Ubisoft, but at the moment they're saying the game doesn't have a confirmed release date for the PC version yet, so I prefer to believe in what they say now than in what they said in the past...

Bucur92
06-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Ubisoft is sayng that so people preoder the game and then closer to release bam it get delayed.

Krayus Korianis
06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Ubisoft is sayng that so people preoder the game and then closer to release bam it get delayed.

Thankfully I'm pre-ordering it for the 360...

MT4K
06-13-2012, 10:58 PM

It doesn't matter really because let's face it. anybody who is interested enough in the game to pre-order it in the first place is not very likely to cancel the pre-order whether it gets delayed or not.

EscoBlades
06-13-2012, 11:04 PM
It doesn't matter really because let's face it. anybody who is interested enough in the game to pre-order it in the first place is not very likely to cancel the pre-order whether it gets delayed or not.

Thank you. Said a lot nicer than i probably would have too, haha

Evenesque
06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Why isn't this thread in the PC discussion area?

DoNNiEDaRkO50
06-14-2012, 12:24 AM
"What a Professional, what a Professional approach" - Shaun Hastings

This !

SixKeys
06-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Why isn't this thread in the PC discussion area?

Because very few players go to the PC forum for news, it's mostly used for reporting bugs.

If and when the delay is officially announced, I won't be the least bit surprised. My only wish is that they let us know in a timely fashion when the actual release date will be, instead of waiting until 2 weeks before the general release.

AnthonyA85
06-14-2012, 04:20 AM
Agreed, and with any hope, IF it is delayed (Revelations' minor delay kinda restored my faith in Ubi), it'll be a short one, like Revelations was. 6 months is just F-ing ridiculous.

ProletariatPleb
06-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Let's just hope it's as short as Revelations(2weeks) IF AT ALL, the earlier titles were delayed 6months -_- 6months!!!

Actually getting the game on the release date might just revive Ubi's rep with PC gamers.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 05:21 AM
I actually hope it'll be delayed, because I want the collector's edition and I don't really have the money right now to get it, and probably won't for a while.

My only major purchases that I have planned for the rest of the year are pretty much Assassin's Creed 3, Dishonored, and Borderlands 2, and I don't think that I could afford to spend another $90 on upgrading AC3 to a collector's edition.

And Dawnguard for Skyrim, but that's only $20.

Moultonborough
06-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Take a look at the end of all E3 trailers "PC Format Release Date To Be Confirmed." I'm not saying it will be delayed but they are not sure themselves.

odovoro
06-14-2012, 06:38 AM
meh this game is a ps3 must XD

ProletariatPleb
06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
meh this game is a ps3 must XD
No.

EDIT: I became Senior member? 0_o YAY!

Evenesque
06-14-2012, 07:27 AM
No.

Yes.

ProletariatPleb
06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Yes.
No, just no, we're talking about the delay and suddenly..."buy a console" "this is a PS3 must game" I play every game on the PC Q_Q

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
So MR Shade why dont you enlighten us?At least tell the truth no 'now it on track" then 'now its not on track".So when october 31 arrives we will not hear ooooops we forgot the PC version along the way. I know console version is a priority over PC but just be honest.

ProletariatPleb
06-14-2012, 08:53 AM
So MR Shade why dont you enlighten us?At least tell the truth no 'now it on track" then 'now its not on track".So when october 31 arrives we will not hear ooooops we forgot the PC version along the way. I know console version is a priority over PC but just be honest.
Don't jump on Shadey, he tells what he is told by the developers, he isn't a developer himself.

GariStz
06-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 PC delayed

You don't say.......

TheHumanTowel
06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh jesus a rage comic. Can we quarantine this thread or something?

j0kay
06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Actually, Yves sits in Paris and counts his money.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Phone conversation Yves-Develp team:
So PC gamers ask about AC3 release date what should we say?
I dont give a F.....tell them to be quiet.That is the stance of Ubisoft towards PC gamers.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
You guys are Idiots I swear..
WAIT FOR A FREAKIN` ANSWER !!!

MT4K
06-14-2012, 05:48 PM
maybe this thread should be locked. The release date is TBD so we don;t know whether there will be a delay or not. and regardless. who cares. you either get on with it because you expect it anyway and should be used to it by now. or just quietly moan to yourselves about it.

As a pc gamer myself. even i am tired of seeing these kind of threads and things. If it isn;t delayed? YAY. if it is? who cares. it wouldn't be anything new.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
^Thank you for being mature about it..
effing children..

SixKeys
06-14-2012, 05:50 PM
You guys are Idiots I swear..
WAIT FOR A FREAKIN` ANSWER !!!

The problem with waiting is that if we don't keep asking, they'll make us wait until 2 weeks before the supposed release date before announcing the delay, as they have done with the last three games in a row. It seems a bit unreasonable to make us wait 4 months for an answer.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 05:54 PM
The problem with waiting is that if we don't keep asking, they'll make us wait until 2 weeks before the supposed release date before announcing the delay, as they have done with the last three games in a row. It seems a bit unreasonable to make us wait 4 months for an answer.

You are right just say from the start delay or no delay.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Its not their fault, and besides during the hype for AC II they announced the delay just after E3, during Brotherhood`s they announced it in August and during Revelations` they announced it in October..
They are trying their best to deliver you the game on time..

SixKeys
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Its not their fault, and besides during the hype for AC II they announced the delay just after E3, during Brotherhood`s they announced it in August and during Revelations` they announced it in October..
They are trying their best to deliver you the game on time..

Of course it is their fault if they keep saying the release date is so-and-so, absolutely, we're 100% sure this time, and then turn around just before the general release and quietly let it slip that the PC version will be delayed. When Brotherhood and Revelations were delayed, there was NO official post about it on the forums, not on Twitter and not on Facebook. The information was casually leaked to a few gaming sites and when pressed for an official answer to confirm this, not a peep out of the mods. So we were left to wonder up until the very end whether we should trust this information or not. And people wonder why players tend to jump at unofficial sources instead of waiting for official answers from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft has a reputation for having one of the crappiest communication departments in the history of gaming, especially when it comes to PC releases. It is their job to make sure information is accurately and timely delivered to the playerbase. If they fail to do this, year after year, we have every right to complain.

I think all PC players agree that the delay itself is not the problem. We are happy to wait as long as we are treated like valuable customers and given adequate information in a timely and official manner. I completely understand the pressures of trying to deliver a good product on time, I'm cool with that. It's the constant lying and lack of communication that pisses me off. Just tell us right from the start "unfortunately we can't yet confirm the PC release date, but we'll get information to you as soon as possible".

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Of course it is their fault if they keep saying the release date is so-and-so, absolutely, we're 100% sure this time, and then turn around just before the general release and quietly let it slip that the PC version will be delayed. When Brotherhood and Revelations were delayed, there was NO official post about it on the forums, not on Twitter and not on Facebook. The information was casually leaked to a few gaming sites and when pressed for an official answer to confirm this, not a peep out of the mods. So we were left to wonder up until the very end whether we should trust this information or not. And people wonder why players tend to jump at unofficial sources instead of waiting for official answers from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft has a reputation for having one of the crappiest communication departments in the history of gaming, especially when it comes to PC releases. It is their job to make sure information is accurately and timely delivered to the playerbase. If they fail to do this, year after year, we have every right to complain.

I think all PC players agree that the delay itself is not the problem. We are happy to wait as long as we are treated like valuable customers and given adequate information in a timely and official manner. I completely understand the pressures of trying to deliver a good product on time, I'm cool with that. It's the constant lying and lack of communication that pisses me off. Just tell us right from the start "unfortunately we can't yet confirm the PC release date, but we'll get information to you as soon as possible".
Complain did I say Do not complain ?
but do so respectfully and maturely, not like children..
These acts only worsens PC gamers` image..

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 06:33 PM
See stil no answer from MR Shade because he knows that "It is still on track for October 31" will not cut it anymore.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 06:35 PM
See stil no answer from MR Shade because he knows that "It is still on track for October 31" will not cut it anymore.
Deal with it..
or complain respectfully..

TheHumanTowel
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Deal with it..
or complain respectfully..
What is your problem? You don't even play it on PC. PC gamers have perfectly valid complaints here. I'd be pretty annoyed if this game was delayed for consoles while PC got it first and I'd be even more annoyed if PC users kept telling me to "deal with it". I don't see anything disrespectful in this thread, people on this forum will defend Ubisoft no matter what ugh.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Just give us a straight answer about the release date UBISOFT.Now you tell us it is on track then a last minute delay.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC delayed until June 29[/URL] In today’s news, the Earth turned, the sun rose, birds sang and a Ubisoft PC game was delayed by a couple of weeks at the last minute. In a move almost as predictable as Prometheus, (http://www.pcgamer.com/author/tomsenior/)[U]we note that Ubi have pushed back Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s release date to June 29, it was due to come out tomorrow. No reason has been given for the delay.

Credit: PC Gamer

SixKeys
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC delayed until June 29

In today’s news, the Earth turned, the sun rose, birds sang and a Ubisoft PC game was delayed by a couple of weeks at the last minute. In a move almost as predictable as Prometheus, we note that Ubi have pushed back Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s release date to June 29, it was due to come out tomorrow. No reason has been given for the delay.

Credit: PC Gamer

Yup. It's totally us PC gamers who are being disrespectful towards poor Ubisoft. Not like it's equally rude of them to delay a game ONE DAY BEFORE RELEASE without giving any reason for it. How dare we complain about a company whose only concern is getting their games to us on time.... Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Complain respectfully..
complain all you want, its your right..

Sushiglutton
06-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Complain respectfully..
complain all you want, its your right..

:confused:

You are officially an Idiotic Ignoramus..

Grow up.. how about that ?

DONT BUY THE GAME THEN !!
You overly patriotic idiot..

being proud of being british is one thing, but being an idiot is a completely different issue..

A **** making a petition HOORAY !!
We do not give a crap what you do.. just do it quietly and away from here..

You`re not just patriotic, you`re brainwashed..
are you gonna call me a traitor because we kicked Britain out of Egypt just like the Americans ?

YOU IRONIC MAN !! how do you do it ?? emotional ?? what the HELL !!
I admit it we all do even the devs did that the Marketing is skewed but you cant just decide not to buy the game because of that you **** !!

Go away, sir

you can have more then a few ways to infiltrate a place, they said that in the walkthrough, and there are cities..
just SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY !!

Because quite frankly, no one gives a single **** !!

No you`re not an AC fan..
an AC fan discusses and criticizes the game, not its marketing.. you`re just an idiot..

Hey, meet tomorrow near the river ? I`ll get my knife and we can play..

Can you go away now ?

I dont care what he does..
I just want to shut his grub

And these are just from one thread....

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
:confused:

And these are just from one thread....
Oh my lord..
Everyone saw it for god`s sake..
Your point is ?? Yes i am an Ironic **** ? and ?
Im flattered by you actually taking the time to quote all of this:o

TheHumanTowel
06-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh my lord..
I think the word is hypocritical rather than ironic.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 09:59 PM
I think the word is hypocritical rather than ironic.
A Hypocritical ****.. Yes That I sometimes can be..
and I tend to apologize for it..

Locopells
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Oo, oo, oo, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

'giggles and goes to get the petrol can and matches...'

MT4K
06-14-2012, 10:02 PM
to be fair a lot of people know what assassin_m is like and are used to it. Besides. when you been around as long as he has on the forums you have seen lots of annoying and silly things from people and it can definitely get frustrating having to constantly try to reassure people about something.

I like to consider myself very mature and civilised, but even i have my limits as does everybody. Sometimes frustration can get the better of people. The thing is though that assassin_m does also apologise when he has gone a little far.

Not to mention the whole pc delay thing has been going on since ac2 and i think even ac1 :S. i know i've seen my fair share of them and i ain;t been here as long as he has.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
to be fair a lot of people know what assassin_m is like and are used to it. Besides. when you been around as long as he has on the forums you have seen lots of annoying and silly things from people and it can definitely get frustrating having to constantly try to reassure people about something.

I like to consider myself very mature and civilised, but even i have my limits as does everybody. Sometimes frustration can get the better of people. The thing is though that assassin_m does also apologise when he has gone a little far.
Thank you for speaking on my behalf..
People just pick out what soothes to them and leave out what they think doesnt fit..like me apologizing every time I go out of my way..

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
The only think that i bought from Ubisoft is Assassins Creed games not intrested in anything else.Their attitude towards PC gamers is disgusting.Were not second class citizens.
Look how CD Projekt treat their customers with respect why dont you whant to learn from them Ubisoft

A proud PC gamer.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh my lord..

I don't think you are an idiot or a mean person, ur just really passionate about the game. But please calm down a little and let other people voice their opinions without insulting them. You are scaring people away from this board and kill discussion. There's no need to be so over protective, Ubi can take caree of themselves ;)!

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:08 PM
This thread is not for childish fights.

TheHumanTowel
06-14-2012, 10:09 PM
It's for manly fights

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Forgive us oh great one..
Its just for Childish complaints, I know.. Sorry

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't think you are an idiot or a mean person, ur just really passionate about the game. But please calm down a little and let other people voice their opinions without insulting them. You are scaring people away from this board and kill discussion. There's no need to be so over protective, Ubi can take caree of themselves ;)!
No I can sometimes be an Idiot and a mean person, but I dont do it all the time. just times when Its really annoying or frustrating, but thanks for understanding nonetheless..

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Forgive us oh great one..
Its just for Childish complaints, I know.. Sorry

Im not the one insulting people around here.

pacmanate
06-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Wowww if im honest, even I am loosing my rag with people here lately. M has been here for God knows how long, as someone said before, it is annoying to see stupid little things over and over again, even I am feeling that now and I havent been here as long as M. Think about LightRey, he quit the boards because of these very reasons!

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Im not the one insulting people around here.
Yes I am the one insulting people..
and I just insulted you, just saying..

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Yes I am the one insulting people..
and I just insulted you, just saying..

You can keep insulting me i dont give a dam.

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:18 PM
You can keep insulting me i dont give a dam.
How about.....
I apologize ? Im very sorry ?

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Wowww if im honest, even I am loosing my rag with people here lately. M has been here for God knows how long, as someone said before, it is annoying to see stupid little things over and over again, even I am feeling that now and I havent been here as long as M. Think about LightRey, he quit the boards because of these very reasons!
Im surprised that many people actually understand mine and rey`s plight..
Thanks, guys..

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:19 PM
How about.....
I apologize ? Im very sorry ?

I say that very shallow.

TheHumanTowel
06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
I say that very shallow.
So much for this thread not being about childish fights eh?

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
I say that very shallow.
Think what you like, I said I was sorry..

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
What is your problem? You don't even play it on PC. PC gamers have perfectly valid complaints here. I'd be pretty annoyed if this game was delayed for consoles while PC got it first and I'd be even more annoyed if PC users kept telling me to "deal with it". I don't see anything disrespectful in this thread, people on this forum will defend Ubisoft no matter what ugh.

As a PC gamer, I think the people in this thread should just deal with it.

It's not going to matter when the game comes out, you'll still get to play it. And besides that, it's just a game... it's not like it's one of the most important things in the world that you have to have it right away.

pacmanate
06-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Im surprised that many people actually understand mine and rey`s plight..
Thanks, guys..

I dont get it :(

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 10:24 PM
As a PC gamer, I think the people in this thread should just deal with it.

It's not going to matter when the game comes out, you'll still get to play it. And besides that, it's just a game... it's not like it's one of the most important things in the world that you have to have it right away.

You are right it is just their attitude that annoys me.

Locopells
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
You are right it is just their attitude that annoys me.

And his - why should we just 'deal with it'? Sure, we'll buy it anyway, and play it also, but we've still a right to complain. You should see the console wars that go on when one get extra instead of the other - I see no sign of the aforementioned 'dealing' going on.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay, honestly, I don't see why it actually matters.

It's just a game, and I'll get it when it comes out. If they need to delay the game so that they can either optimize the PC version or so that we can get all the DLC for free, that's fine.

And if they make more money doing it this way, I don't mind, because the more money they have to make games usually means higher quality games (not all the time of course, but still).

Honestly, a similar situation comes to mind with Dawnguard for Skyrim. Bethesda signed a license saying that they have to release their first 2 DLCs for Skyrim on the Xbox first, and the other systems can get it 30 days after the release. A month isn't too long to wait, and if Bethesda gets money from Microsoft for doing so, why not?

It's just a test of time and patience, no more.

MT4K
06-14-2012, 11:03 PM
It's just a test of time and patience, no more.

People are spoilt rotten in the modern world and so not many people really have much patience. I can understand being upset regarding in game content and such, but having to wait a little longer to get a game is hardly going to kill anybody.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
People are spoilt rotten in the modern world and so not many people really have much patience. I can understand being upset regarding in game content and such, but having to wait a little longer to get a game is hardly going to kill anybody.

Well if they use that time for optimization that is fine but they use it for DRM

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Not really, they already have their DRM systems in place.

Also, I like uPlay, and they removed the always online crap a while ago.

(btw, uPlay is set up for consoles too, so it's not a PC only DRM)

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Not really, they already have their DRM systems in place.

Also, I like uPlay, and they removed the always online crap a while ago.

(btw, uPlay is set up for consoles too, so it's not a PC only DRM)

Dont forget were talking about Ubisoft they can change like the wind.Now it is no DRM but it may come back.They did this once

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:13 PM
well, it's been gone for 2 years now for Assassin's Creed. I don't think they'll change back.

And besides that, the always online DRM isn't even bad since I'm always online and I rarely have connection problems. And if my internet goes out, I just do something else.

Bucur92
06-14-2012, 11:15 PM
well, it's been gone for 2 years now for Assassin's Creed. I don't think they'll change back.

And besides that, the always online DRM isn't even bad since I'm always online and I rarely have connection problems. And if my internet goes out, I just do something else.

I have no problem with that cause i have fast and stable internet but for others payng customers with crapy internet ....you fork 60$ for somethink you cant play.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:23 PM
$60

and most games today require internet connections..

I would hate not to have an internet connection for my PC, and I would also hate it if I didn't have an internet connection for my consoles, since then I couldn't get game updates on either platforms.

SixKeys
06-14-2012, 11:31 PM

That's nice for you but not everyone is as fortunate as you with their internet connection. The problem with those people isn't usually that their internet goes down for, say, 15 minutes and then comes back on, solid as ever, but that their connection drops every 5 minutes, meaning their game gets interrupted constantly.

Anyway, I don't think the DRM as it was in AC2 originally is coming back either, though they may do something similar. Again, the problem for most PC players isn't the delay itself, it's the way Ubisoft is treating their customers. They love pushing you to pre-order the game as early as possible so they can boast about the numbers, and as soon as they have your money, they don't give a hoot about getting the game to you on time or even bothering to let you know you're not getting it on the day you thought you would.

Jexx21
06-14-2012, 11:36 PM
As a PC customer who has it pre-ordered, I don't really get whether I get it this october or next october.

Also, it's really crappy that other people have internet that drops every 5 minutes. I have slow internet, but at least it's a solid connection.

BBALive
06-15-2012, 01:42 AM
DRM, in any form, shouldn't be tolerated. But since Ubisoft are hoping to negate the need for DRM in the future, I HOPE they start with Assassin's Creed 3.

I'll be buying it for PS3 and PC regardless.

Bucur92
06-15-2012, 06:47 AM
DRM, in any form, shouldn't be tolerated. But since Ubisoft are hoping to negate the need for DRM in the future, I HOPE they start with Assassin's Creed 3.

I'll be buying it for PS3 and PC regardless.

Yeah i hope that AC3 has no DRM but you know Ubisoft they said no DRM but the game has DRM which happend to a game From Dust if you recall.

Bucur92
06-15-2012, 07:04 AM
I have no problem with the PC version being delayed 2 weeks 1 month if that time is use for optimizations to make the game runs smoother on PC instead on focusing on DRM or delay the game simply because it eats console sale.Ubisoft just keep lyng to customers over and over again we just whant a straight answer from the start.

ProletariatPleb
06-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Even Driver: San Francisco had it.

Mr_Shade
06-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Any "delay" would not be due to integrating DRM.

The system has been used for a few years and is pretty smooth to integrate now..

I wouldn't use that as a basis for an assumption of the "delay"

From dust issue was a mix up in communication - it too needed a connection to activate, which was not correctly posted about on websites (from what I remember)

I say "delay" since at present the PC release date has not been formally announced in the official trailers - it still says "to be announced" - so you can't technically delay anything, without a release date from Ubisoft.

The game may well release the same time as consoles, however until official started, it's still on track.

My comment in the first post, was in answer to a thread saying the PC version was cancelled... Due to the pc version being missing from the trailers..

My reply about it being on track for release is true, it's still in the process of being developed, and will be released most likely on the date they announced.

Any extra time taken after the console release (if any) will be for optimising the game, not making any DRM - since it would already be part of it, what ever the type it uses.

I am moving this to the PC forum, where it belongs

Bucur92
06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Any "delay" would not be due to integrating DRM.

The system has been used for a few years and is pretty smooth to integrate now..

I wouldn't use that as a basis for an assumption of the "delay"

From dust issue was a mix up in communication - it too needed a connection to activate, which was not correctly posted about on websites (from what I remember)

I say "delay" since at present the PC release date has not been formally announced in the official trailers - it still says "to be announced" - so you can't technically delay anything, without a release date from Ubisoft.

The game may well release the same time as consoles, however until official started, it's still on track.

My comment in the first post, was in answer to a thread saying the PC version was cancelled... Due to the pc version being missing from the trailers..

My reply about it being on track for release is true, it's still in the process of being developed, and will be released most likely on the date they announced.

Any extra time taken after the console release (if any) will be for optimising the game, not making any DRM - since it would already be part of it, what ever the type it uses.

I am moving this to the PC forum, where it belongs

If im not wrong ACR was ready for release alongside console but Ubisoft decide to delay the game by 2 weeks cause it eats cosole sales not to optimiasing the game as you claim and guess what ACR got leaked to torrent 2 weeks until release.So dont blame piracy blame your stupidity Ubisoft.

ProletariatPleb
06-15-2012, 12:21 PM
If im not wrong ACR was ready for release alongside console but Ubisoft decide to delay the game by 2 weeks cause it eats cosole sales and guess what ACR got leaked to torrent 2 weeks until release.So dont blame pircy blame your stupidity Ubisoft.
Be happy Ubi still makes PC games, some companies(I'm looking at you EPIC games...) just totally drop it by stating it's because of piracy and that eats our sales, not realizing that there is console piracy as well, and at times like now when the console cycle is at an end announce something PC exclusive because "we cannot forget the PC".

SCAgent95
06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Honestly people are you really suprised?Ubisoft always delayes the pc version ALWAYS.we do not need a confirmation for that.I am just glad they still make pc versions.
good thing is that the delay wont be as long as past games.

Bucur92
06-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Honestly people are you really suprised?Ubisoft always delayes the pc version ALWAYS.we do not need a confirmation for that.I am just glad they still make pc versions.
good thing is that the delay wont be as long as past games.

Well since you put it that way yes im also glad Ubisoft makes PC version of Assassins Creed 3 the rest of their games i dont care.

kixseven
06-19-2012, 09:41 AM
It's okay. Ubisoft always include the single player DLCs in the PC version anyway.

SixKeys
06-19-2012, 03:00 PM
It's okay. Ubisoft always include the single player DLCs in the PC version anyway.

They didn't in Revelations.

Locopells
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Because it came out BEFORE the DLC. For once. Here's hoping, eh?