PDA

View Full Version : Make ground finish a different button (not my idea)

HelterSeltzer
06-13-2012, 06:23 PM
It wasn't my idea but after reading a tweet, I instantly agreed. But this is a discussion thread on what you guys think on having ground finishes on a different button, instead of, "having priority over live targets"

Archybad
06-13-2012, 06:29 PM
It'd give the circle button something to do I suppose.

HelterSeltzer
06-13-2012, 07:05 PM
It'd give the circle button something to do I suppose.
I think the circle button revives teammates and does the gentle push motion. I don't remember what the X/A button does...

Archybad
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
x/a fastwalks and sprints.

HelterSeltzer
06-13-2012, 09:48 PM
x/a fastwalks and sprints.
nope... not for AC3. Sprinting depends on your left thumbstick. Taunts are d-pads... what does the X/A leave for... not sure -hint hint- But, seriously, I'm not sure.

Demon.King.
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I totally agree. getting absolutely sick of doing a ground finish when there is obviously a locked target coming towards me. It's ridiculous and extremely stupid. Shows how much ubisoft don't even test their games...

obliviondoll
06-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Is there any good argument in favour of keeping them in the first place?

No?

Good.

Kicking a corpse in the face is NOT worth 100 points. And ignoring a lock to kick a corpse means they have no idea how to adjust target priority effectively, or the priority system doesn't actually work.

Demon.King.
06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I wanted to see Ground finishes removed in AC3...unfortunately they are still there, and if you can lock on to them, they will still mess up your kills and lock-ons...

obliviondoll
06-13-2012, 11:22 PM
If they're actually there by the beta, and still in the release version, I hope they manage to make priorities actually work at lease semi-competently, and a grounded finish should ONLY be possible when you lock the target first, and any other time, you should target EVERYTHING else first.

HelterSeltzer
06-14-2012, 12:18 AM
No argument on keeping the ground finishes here... either remove the ground finish or it should be on a different button. Unless, the lock can prioritize on interactivity between the two because it gets frustrating on team modes. Getting stunned because I got 50 points than 350 points is definitely upsetting (especially when saving a teammate from getting stunned). That's the frustration that people get because of that. It's just a thought to anyone that's reading this thread.

jimithing277
06-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Easy solution: require that the kill button be held down for 1.5 seconds to perform the ground kill. This way, simply pushing the kill button like normal would attempt a normal kill. You would have to explicitly hold it down to do a ground finish

Think of it like how you loot bodies in single player. This way you avoid complicating the game with ANOTHER kill button as well as crappy 'make them lock to ground finish' ideas.

Boom, done.

pioneerprogres
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Easy solution: require that the kill button be held down for 1.5 seconds to perform the ground kill. This way, simply pushing the kill button like normal would attempt a normal kill. You would have to explicitly hold it down to do a ground finish

Think of it like how you loot bodies in single player. This way you avoid complicating the game with ANOTHER kill button as well as crappy 'make them lock to ground finish' ideas.

Boom, done.

That sounds like an acceptable solution. I think the current button map is full, except maybe pressing in on one of the analog sticks? But agreed, something needs to be done about this, it's ruined plenty of kills for me.

Demon.King.
06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
That sounds like an acceptable solution. I think the current button map is full, except maybe pressing in on one of the analog sticks? But agreed, something needs to be done about this, it's ruined plenty of kills for me.

Unfortunately, it is not an acceptable solution, because some bodies disappear before that amount of time, which would mean losing the G.F. due to the delay.
A good solution would be to map it to the taunt button, even if this too would cause some issues.
Still, the best and finite solution is to just remove it, but we already know it isn't going to happen...so...

pioneerprogres
06-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, it is not an acceptable solution, because some bodies disappear before that amount of time, which would mean losing the G.F. due to the delay.
A good solution would be to map it to the taunt button, even if this too would cause some issues.
Still, the best and finite solution is to just remove it, but we already know it isn't going to happen...so...

True. But I'd still rather lose a ground finish than an actual kill. It's not like I'm not already used to losing ground finishes when the prompt never appears over them.

CheeseLightsaber
06-14-2012, 09:06 PM

The "taunt button" is actually mapped to the left and right directional buttons now, so that's not a possibility really. It'd be a bit odd to press a directional button for a ground finish imo. I'd personally rather put it on circle with revive. If I accidentally ground finish a target instead of reviving my teammate, it's not as drastic as losing a kill. You may miss one of the bonuses once, but you have plenty of opportunities for both in team modes. They're worth the same amount of points, so no complaining there. Maybe your teammate will be mad at you for not reviving them, but I find many people don't revive me when I'm down anyway.

But yeah, the least painful solution would probably be to remove it. At least revive serves some kind of purpose. Ground finish is kinda just a nice little add-on so you can kick people in the head lol.

alexbentley
06-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I think the best thing to do is make it so that you only perform the ground finish when you are locked on to the target. Ground finish should never take priority over an actual target and this would get rid off the possibility of that ever happening. Or we should just be able to turn ground finish off. More than half the time I couldn't care less for the extra 50 points.

HelterSeltzer
06-14-2012, 11:39 PM
I like the idea of holding the button to do a ground finish. But, if there is room on the A/X button, why not? Or on the down d-pad button or somewhere else...

HelterSeltzer
06-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I think the best thing to do is make it so that you only perform the ground finish when you are locked on to the target. Ground finish should never take priority over an actual target and this would get rid off the possibility of that ever happening. Or we should just be able to turn ground finish off. More than half the time I couldn't care less for the extra 50 points.
Being able to turn it off/on is a nice idea as well. But might as well remove it, if that happens.

jimithing277
06-15-2012, 03:07 AM

Have to agree to disagree on this one then. I'm not positive what the current duration is in which you can perform a ground finish but I want to say it's probably somewhere around 5-7 seconds? If you can't make it over to them within this time slot and hold down the button for 1.5 seconds, then...you miss the ground finish.

To counter your argument they could simply append an additional 1.5 seconds to the time a body is available. Easy fix there.