PDA

View Full Version : Read this and Write ur Thought

UrchinCalico
06-13-2012, 09:36 AM
http://eyeongaming.tumblr.com/

playassassins1
06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
After I read it, I'm having a feeling that there will be a huge discussion and hate on you.

So watch out.....

Epsilonyx
06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
^^ I second that notion. I read a few sentences and then dismissed it as rubbish.

Moultonborough
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Probably a 10 year old ranting. Complete and utter trash.

Captain Tomatoz
06-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree that the game does focus on combat a little too much sometimes. But that doesn't make it a game that isn't about assassins. The games are designed so you can play as you want to play. You can choose whether to go in stealthily like a traditional assassin or go in like a lunatic. The games have always been like this ever since the first game. The reason your getting mad is because you went in like a lunatic and had lots of fights. If you think things through you can do the missions without a fight (except a few). :)

Oh and welcome to the forums :D

ProletariatPleb
06-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Nobody said it's a Stealth only game, what you're referring to is called FREEDOM, get used to it.

If you want STEALTH games, play Metal Gear or the Splinter Cell games before Conviction.

De Filosoof
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
stupid article.

Epsilonyx
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Its pretty ridiculous to be honest. Describing AC as a half-arsed RPG is incorrect on so many levels.

Dralight
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry but that was just completely nonsensical rubbish.

Its pretty ridiculous to be honest. Describing AC as a half-arsed RPG is incorrect on so many levels.

This.

This is probably another one of those threads where the OP creates the thread as their first post and then never comes back to the forums...

Epsilonyx
06-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry but that was just completely nonsensical rubbish.

This.

This is probably another one of those threads where the OP creates the thread as their first post and then never comes back to the forums...

Well if they do, I suggest we banish them.

playassassins1
06-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Ok guys, Lets just ignore this thread and never come back to it.

oliacr
06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
The game's genres: Action adventure, open world, stealth- not only stealth as you can see, ignore

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
This guy actually has a blog ? see ? This is why I hate the internet..

Sushiglutton
06-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I agree with some of what you are saying, but not all.

I disagree with the game being just a stealth game. I want it to be a mix of stylish combat and stealth as it always has been. Even in AC1 you could beat most missions (maybe all?) by defeating huge number of enemies. Ofc you had the choice to be stealthy, but it wasn't required. In a game like Brotherhood stealth was forced upon the player a lot more frequently using the desynchronization mechanic when spotted. I think Brotherhood had a better mix than AC1. I want stealth to be forced on some missions.

Now about the game becoming more and more a "half-assed RPG" I think there is some thruth to that. As Hutchinson has said, throughout the three games in the Ezio trilogy they added more and more feature without really removing anything. In Revelations the game was just a bit overloaded. In Brotherhood they added things like loot and upgrading shops etc. They were light RPG mechanics that just didn't add a whole lot. And like u said Ezios arsenal became pretty rediculous. Now Hutchinson has promised to get back a bit to the core and this is simplified since they can start fresh with a new character.

Now about the clothes. For me the extravagant dress is def immersion breaking in some missions. Like when you are infiltrating an art exhibition, or a party etc. It just looks super silly. I wish Ubi consistently used disguises for these types of missions. When Ezio/COnnor is walking the streets I think the outfit is cool and I want them to keep it. I agree the Courtesan blend is too silly and I'm real happy to see the new redcoat blend which is far more believable.

Evenesque
06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Sounds like they have issues with the concept of 'fun.'

When someone starts analyzing games like this, and expecting things they shouldn't be, the amount of enjoyment they can possibly have goes down to almost nothing.

rileypoole1234
06-13-2012, 04:02 PM
It sounds like a mentally handicapped child wrote it. Did you write it?

freddie_1897
06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
troll

Mr_Shade
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Locking due to advertising blog.. And encitement..