PDA

View Full Version : What type of exsisting gadgets ......

cowboy3339
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Just wondering if any what type of gadgets do you think we will see in this game (existing already in real life or not)

Im hoping we can use a sound cannon and hopefully we can hack into police communications and have them do some of our dirty work for us

makatak7
06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Pearce can access other people's information using a tool called the profiler (http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Profiler). This device is fictional.

Mrxknown_JG
06-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Pearce can access other people's information using a tool called the profiler (http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Profiler). This device is fictional.

The device may be fictional, but it is still possible to gather that information from a computer with a internet connection.

A lot of what games do especially with technical skills is remove the steps and go straight for the desired effect someone wants.

It could be possible to create a facial recognition software and tie it to some computer to run comparisons, but the process would be exceptionally longer than what's depicted in the game.

I imagine the following abilities would be possible:

Access to an ATM machine
Access a vehicle like a car (with more cars having GPS, internet connections, etc it's possible)
Hack security systems like cameras, card scanners, metal detectors, etc
Access to databases like health data, school records, prison records
Access to websites like Mybook and FaceSpace.

Maybe add disinformation, like putting out an alert to police officers for a target to get them arrested, killed, or just located.
Add disinformation so a target allows themselves to be out in the open or to reveal the location of some piece of technology, person, or even a crucial password.

I would love to see a version of social engineering in the game where you use mock data to fool your enemies to do something that gives you an advantage or reveals information you need to continue in your mission.

cowboy3339
06-14-2012, 02:15 PM
thats kinda what i meant when i mentioned the police communication lol glad to see im not the only one that thinks this would be wild

another way i was thinking this would be cool would to also use it to lure targets into traps like was mentioned however an off shoot of this could be to also provide miss information to current enemys to get them on your side which would be cool as well