PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft hopes Assassin's Creed 10 will see the light of day

im3jia
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Ubisoft hopes their popular Assassin's Creed franchise, which has already churned out multiple installments, will carry on with several further iterations.

According to Ubisoft North America executive director Laurent Detoc, there's no such thing as too many sequels. The sentiment has clearly been echoed by the French publisher's Assassin's Creed IP, with the series having at least one new game releasing annually in recent years.

With that in mind, does Ubisoft wish to develop an eighth, ninth and tenth Assassin's Creed?

"I hope we will. I also hope we'll be able to branch out from within the franchise. It's very simple to me: There's no such thing as not being able to annualize a franchise. If it's good, people will come."

Assassin's Creed 3, the next major installment of the franchise, is currently scheduled for an October 30 launch in the US and a day later within Europe.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19467-ubisoft-hopes-assassins-creed-10-will-see-the-light-of-day/

FirestarLuva
06-10-2012, 09:51 PM
?

oliacr
06-10-2012, 10:07 PM
whats this????

lukaszep
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Well they've said previously they could make "35" AC games. It's no surprise that they want to keep making them.
As long as they are fresh and new, and take risks, I'm all for it. I don't see how they could keep releasing them every year though. After a few years, the sales will decline until they start losing money, and that will be a sad day for the franchise. It should take a break after two more games, then come back in the next generation of consoles (which is probably starting late 2014/early 2015).

True_Assassin92
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Well they've said previously they could make "35" AC games. It's no surprise that they want to keep making them.
As long as they are fresh and new, and take risks, I'm all for it. I don't see how they could keep releasing them every year though. After a few years, the sales will decline until they start losing money, and that will be a sad day for the franchise. It should take a break after two more games, then come back in the next generation of consoles (which is probably starting late 2014/early 2015).

What you're implying is still a yearly release :p...another 2 games after the third installment? No thank you. They should better take a break after this one and come back as you've said in the next generation of consoles and no new releases till then.

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
While I wish they make 35 AC games, I don't wish for one a year. If they make each as big a jump from ACR to AC3, or AC to AC2 it would be fine though.

dylanfrim
06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I would definitely buy a new AC game each year

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2012, 11:31 PM
if they plan to introduce a new modern day protagonist after AC3 IMO they should wait until 2015 to release another AC game...

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Finish Connor's and Desmond's story with AC3 and then kick the doors down with a new AC after the new consoles are released.

notafanboy
06-11-2012, 12:15 AM
the only way to drag out Connors story is if he travels to france and faffs about in the french revolution. The only problem is that he will be just as old as Ezio.

JumpInTheFire13
06-11-2012, 01:00 AM
the only way to drag out Connors story is if he travels to france and faffs about in the french revolution. The only problem is that he will be just as old as Ezio.
Actually, Ezio will be about 300 years old, while Connor will be middle aged.

Just kidding, I know what you mean.

Epsilonyx
06-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Argh, please don't do this. It'll just end up like the situation with COD

Evenesque
06-11-2012, 05:21 AM
While I wish they make 35 AC games, I don't wish for one a year. If they make each as big a jump from ACR to AC3, or AC to AC2 it would be fine though.

I think after that many times, differences that big between the games would result in the franchise not knowing it's own identity.

imonthenet
06-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I hope they make billion games :P

Obviously not one every year, but perhaps if they do a Modern Trilogy (i.e AC, ACII, ACB, ACR, and ​ACIII) for every generation. For examples sake lets say the next modern day protagonist's name is Olivia (yes I'd like a female Assassin and I'm also watching Fringe ATM). Desmond's story arc features on this generation of consoles (i.e PS3, XBox 360), then Olivia's story arc features on the next generation (i.e PS4, NextBox?), and after that the next modern day protagonist's story arc features on the generation after that (i.e PS5, NextNextBox?).

The James Bond movies provide another reference, each has a new and (arguably) interesting story, yet by changing actors (or ancestors in the case of AC) they manage to keep it (somewhat) fresh

Azugo
06-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I hope they make billion games :P

Obviously not one every year, but perhaps if they do a Modern Trilogy (i.e AC, ACII, ACB, ACR, and ​ACIII) for every generation. For examples sake lets say the next modern day protagonist's name is Olivia (yes I'd like a female Assassin and I'm also watching Fringe ATM). Desmond's story arc features on this generation of consoles (i.e PS3, XBox 360), then Olivia's story arc features on the next generation (i.e PS4, NextBox?), and after that the next modern day protagonist's story arc features on the generation after that (i.e PS5, NextNextBox?).

The James Bond movies provide another reference, each has a new and (arguably) interesting story, yet by changing actors (or ancestors in the case of AC) they manage to keep it (somewhat) fresh

Of course this is assuming that the next line of consoles will last 5 years, once again, assuming they pump out a game a year -- which they probably will not do. It'll take them atleast 7 years to develop and release 5 new games, and at the rate technology is advancing these days, I doubt the next line of consoles will still be at the forefront of gaming tech by the end of the decade. There will most likely be a PS5, NextNextXbox by then, lol. So they'd have to carry over their new trilogy to the new generation.