PDA

View Full Version : Tree Branches

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I have watched the various demos and trailers numerous times and I have seen a number of trees that are unnatural. Throughout the Frontier demo, there were a number of 90 degree branches and ones very close to 90 degree. I think the tree portion part of this game does need absolute realism.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/vlcsnap-2012-06-10-06h48m47s197.png
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/vlcsnap-2012-06-10-06h50m12s96.png
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/vlcsnap-2012-06-10-06h35m27s72.png
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/vlcsnap-2012-06-10-06h43m03s198.png
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/vlcsnap-2012-06-10-09h26m17s236.png

I am hoping that we see more trees like the one shown below.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Trees.jpg

I know this is Alpha stage, I most certainly appreciate the work Ubisoft has done with this game and I am confident that they know what they are doing. I for one do not enjoy complaining or being negative, I do want to do what I can as a fan besides waiting for the game. I am hoping the next 3-4 months will be used to really make these angles as random, chaotic and “all over the place” as possible.

naran6142
06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
well that kinda to be expected, but there are also alot that arent... and either way its still a completely new feel

superkootje
06-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I see what you mean, but i don't really have a problem with that and I think alot of people won't.
And if they would make Alot of these trees have the branches all over the place then it would be also nearly impossible to run and climb on them.

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I understand what you mean and I agree to an extent. I was a little disappointed to see the trees in the demos still didn't look as natural as I had hoped. However, I realize it's an extremely difficult thing to program organic environments that the character can freely and naturally interact with. Sometimes they have to sacrifice some realism for the sake of playability. I would be far more bothered if all the trees looked unnatural. More than the angle of the branches, I would rather they spend some time making them actually move under Connor's weight. I can forgive 90 degree angled branches, but having even the thinnest branches stay completely stiff while a grown man is swinging from them, that requires much more suspension of disbelief.

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2012, 04:49 PM
They may feel unrealistic maybe, but so is jumping into hay carts from really high places, the game was never Realism Creed.
It's about gameplay and the game being enjoyable. And I find being able to climb trees, and using the Y-shaped ones to adjust height enjoyable :D

rileypoole1234
06-10-2012, 04:52 PM
They've done what's best for gameplay.

Assassin_M
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
They've done what's best for gameplay.
THIS !! THIS !!! THIS !! THIS !! l

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Did nobody read my entire post?

They can do it in screenshots, so why not in gameplay.

This is Connor climbing a realistic tree: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Trees.jpg

itsamea-mario
06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I've seen 90 degree branches irl...

ProletariatPleb
06-10-2012, 05:06 PM
That's what I said Q_Q

turburasvladd
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I prefer that ubisoft in 3-4 mounths to debug the game.I know it's a pre-alpha stage and what I have saw at E3 it's stunning but some old bugs from previous games are back(but at least not so obvious).They need to work a little bit at collisions.Somebody have seen a boston demo on ps3 or xbox360 but not on a wii u.I want to look at differences.

obliviondoll
06-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Some of the footage shows a lot of trees with right-angled branches that basically act like beams or the poles you can swing on in past AC games. In some of that footage, the branches seem about as flexible as the beams and poles from the previous games too, which is NOT a good sign. Other footage (also of gameplay) shows more organic-looking trees and you see them bending under Connor's weight.

Of course, most footage with a "forest" look has the bad-looking trees, which are probably just several copy-pasted models repeated with semi-random placement and angle so they don't look like they're just the same handful of trees repeating themselves. The more unique trees seem to be rare occurences, or in areas where there's only one or two trees.

I hope the copy/paste moments and the masses of unrealistic branches are just stand-in models and that they'll be redesigned and have physics applied more consistently by the time the game is ready for release.

eagleforlife1
06-10-2012, 05:21 PM

Agreed.

lothario-da-be
06-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Some of the footage shows a lot of trees with right-angled branches that basically act like beams or the poles you can swing on in past AC games. In some of that footage, the branches seem about as flexible as the beams and poles from the previous games too, which is NOT a good sign. Other footage (also of gameplay) shows more organic-looking trees and you see them bending under Connor's weight.

Of course, most footage with a "forest" look has the bad-looking trees, which are probably just several copy-pasted models repeated with semi-random placement and angle so they don't look like they're just the same handful of trees repeating themselves. The more unique trees seem to be rare occurences, or in areas where there's only one or two trees.

I hope the copy/paste moments and the masses of unrealistic branches are just stand-in models and that they'll be redesigned and have physics applied more consistently by the time the game is ready for release.
i also noticed that. I think it would be the best (for the woods) that they make 50-100 differnt trees( sorry if this number is way too high or low) and then copy past them into a wood.In a natural way of course.

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Tree-climbing is a new gameplay mechanic, it is suppose to have a different feel from the free-running in the city. If those branches are replacements of beams and poles of the city, then what is the point?

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Did nobody read my entire post?

They can do it in screenshots, so why not in gameplay.

This is Connor climbing a realistic tree: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/Assassins-Creed-3-Connor-Trees.jpg

Are you kidding? Of course screenshots are going to look better than gameplay. That's like asking "Why does Connor look more realistic in the CG trailer?". They can put Connor on any kind of tree in a screenshot and make it look natural. Doesn't mean that kind of tree would necessarily work in an actual gameplay scene. It might be more realistic, but it would also be more cumbersome for the player.

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Are you kidding? Of course screenshots are going to look better than gameplay. That's like asking "Why does Connor look more realistic in the CG trailer?". They can put Connor on any kind of tree in a screenshot and make it look natural. Doesn't mean that kind of tree would necessarily work in an actual gameplay scene. It might be more realistic, but it would also be more cumbersome for the player.

In the Boston demo, the only tree that Connor climbs is more realistic than any of the other ones he has been on. The branch that he sat on actually has angles within the branch itself and it does not look cumbersome at all. They were branches in the Frontier demo that were basically a straight wooden bar.

naran6142
06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
In the Boston demo, the only tree that Connor climbs is more realistic than any of the other ones he has been on. The branch that he sat on actually has angles within the branch itself and it does not look cumbersome at all. They were branches in the Frontier demo that were basically a straight wooden bar.

think about tho... through all the AC games I was like "This guy can climb straight up the side of a building but not climb a tree?"... we can climb trees in this game!!! its great :D

lothario-da-be
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Is this actually the first game were you can realy climb al trees?If so its actually better then you could imagine first, i mean trees aren't buildings they are always different.

POP1Fan
06-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Guess what? There are straight branches in real life too. But I see your point, there are a little to many, but I think you won't notice when you explore though.

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Guess what? There are straight branches in real life too. But I see your point, there are a little to many, but I think you won't notice when you explore though.

I actually don't mind a few straight and 90 degree branches in the game, programming trees can be a nightmare let alone ones you can interact with however trees with good branching needs to be much more in the game than trees with 90 degree branches.

lukaszep
06-10-2012, 06:57 PM
No, you're wrong. The trees are perfect. Shh. No two trees are alike ;)
It seems to me the trees change depending on where they are? Like, in real woods, there are different trees in different areas e.g. http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/04/5gakc4-610x400.jpg
Both the types of trees in this picture are completely different from the ones posted in OP.

Anyway, stop picking out faults with the game, what's the point? You won't enjoy it as much if you're this critical about every single detail.

SixKeys
06-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Anyway, stop picking out faults with the game, what's the point? You won't enjoy it as much if you're this critical about every single detail.

The point is that the game is still at alpha stage and the devs have 5 more months left to tweak things and deliver the best possible experience. Giving them suggestions and improvements based on what we've seen right after E3 is the best time, IMO.

lukaszep
06-10-2012, 07:07 PM
The angle of branches isn't something that is likely to change from Alpha to Beta. An in-game model isn't usually/easily changed so late in development as far as I'm aware.
Anyway, what happened to suspension of disbelief?

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
The angle of branches isn't something that is likely to change from Alpha to Beta. An in-game model isn't usually/easily changed so late in development as far as I'm aware.
Anyway, what happened to suspension of disbelief?

The trees are the only thing I have felt strongly enough to make a thread out of it, there has been nothing else that I felt warrant making a thread.

Suspension of disbelief? It is a tree because it looks like a tree not because I believe it is. Those branches must look as if they are natural instead of a straight wooden beam on a right angle.

De Filosoof
06-10-2012, 07:38 PM
The trees are the only thing I have felt strongly enough to make a thread out of it, there has been nothing else that I felt warrant making a thread.

Suspension of disbelief? It is a tree because it looks like a tree not because I believe it is. Those branches must look as if they are natural instead of a straight wooden beam on a right angle.

I think the trees look fine actually...
The only problem i'm having with AC3 is the way his clothes disappear into the ground when he lands on the ground or is in a sneaking position.
I don't get why clothes in the envoirnment bend when you run through them but the clothes on the backside of the character, wich you'll see throughout the entire game will glitch through the ground. It's possible in the batman games so why not in the AC games? Can somebody please explain? There has to be a technical reason for it.

pacmanate
06-10-2012, 07:58 PM
where did these come from?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/yf1989/vlcsnap-2012-06-10-06h48m47s197.png

Azurefeatherfly
06-10-2012, 08:01 PM
where did these come from?

These I got from the All Seasons Trailer. The one with the red coats was impossible to ignore.

True_Assassin92
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
The only problem i'm having with AC3 is the way his clothes disappear into the ground when he lands on the ground or is in a sneaking position.
I don't get why clothes in the envoirnment bend when you run through them but the clothes on the backside of the character, wich you'll see throughout the entire game will glitch through the ground. It's possible in the batman games so why not in the AC games? Can somebody please explain? There has to be a technical reason for it.

Yes that's the only thing that has really bothered me throughout all the games. The glitches with the clothes, you could see ezio's shoulder coming through his cape whilst running quickly. I think these things are easy to solve, however glitches on the character kept appearing. I'd wish they'd fix and deliver a glitchless character this time.

GIONAScm2
06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I understand what you mean and I agree to an extent. I was a little disappointed to see the trees in the demos still didn't look as natural as I had hoped. However, I realize it's an extremely difficult thing to program organic environments that the character can freely and naturally interact with. Sometimes they have to sacrifice some realism for the sake of playability. I would be far more bothered if all the trees looked unnatural. More than the angle of the branches, I would rather they spend some time making them actually move under Connor's weight. I can forgive 90 degree angled branches, but having even the thinnest branches stay completely stiff while a grown man is swinging from them, that requires much more suspension of disbelief.

This. The tree branches remaining stiff was the first thing I noticed -- it popped out immediately to me. I hope they add some swaying/shaking when navigating the tree branches. I see what peop,e are saying about its about the gameplay, but hey, would you like it if we had the ability to fly, and be like Neo (The Matrix)?

FirestarLuva
06-10-2012, 08:52 PM
The Frontier will be the main place where stuff happens in the game so I'm sure Ubisoft didn't want to spoil too much about tree-climbing. And let's not forget, the demo was probably alpha, beta footage so the final graphics aren't finished yet. As for the branches being stiff, in the Boston demo when Connor climbed the tree they did react to his weight. To sum up, I appreciate what Ubusoft has done so far. :)

BBALive
06-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I prefer that ubisoft in 3-4 mounths to debug the game.I know it's a pre-alpha stage and what I have saw at E3 it's stunning but some old bugs from previous games are back(but at least not so obvious).They need to work a little bit at collisions.Somebody have seen a boston demo on ps3 or xbox360 but not on a wii u.I want to look at differences.

It's in the Alpha stage at the moment.

Cloth tends to cause a lot of clipping.

Thin branches do bend under his weight, I noticed it in both the Frontier demo and the Boston demo. The branches he was swinging from were easily thick enough to stay stiff as he swung.... Apart from 1 or 2.

Although I do agree that some of the trees look slightly unnatural. But if 90 degree branches are necessary for gameplay purposes, then I am fine with it.

EzioAssassin51
06-11-2012, 02:50 AM
And yet no one has ever noticed how 'unrealistic' it is that 99% of buildings are climbable for our character, in every single game, in every single city.

Come on guys, really? Really? Ubisoft have made 'unrealistic' climbing things since 2007. Do you think there are really all those beams and swinging poles conveniently on the side of every building?

Azurefeatherfly
06-11-2012, 03:04 AM
And yet no one has ever noticed how 'unrealistic' it is that 99% of buildings are climbable for our character, in every single game, in every single city.

Come on guys, really? Really? Ubisoft have made 'unrealistic' climbing things since 2007. Do you think there are really all those beams and swinging poles conveniently on the side of every building?

If tree branches started growing out of buildings, then I can definitely see a problem. As of right now, I am seeing straight wooden beams growing from tree trunks.

EzioAssassin51
06-11-2012, 06:21 AM
If tree branches started growing out of buildings, then I can definitely see a problem. As of right now, I am seeing straight wooden beams growing from tree trunks.

What? No, I was talking about how no one has complained about how 'unrealistic' it is that there are convenient metal beams on every building. And they're not all perfectly straight and as everyone in this thread has said who cares?

It's for gameplay! I love that there are a few striaght branches which means more free-running, more epic perching and more rope darting!

imonthenet
06-11-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm just happy we can perform tree running. I believe I'm quoting someone when I say that it's about believability over realism. And personally from what I've seen, I believe Connor is swinging and running on trees. I see where you're coming from and to some extent I agree (and rue you for pointing it oot to me ;) ), but I can't see them changing something this major so close to release. I would prefer they spend this time fixing bugs like clipping and smooth animation transitions than making such a major change that in the end won't make me madder then the game crashing because they didn't have enough time to iron oot the wrinkles.

obliviondoll
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM
What? No, I was talking about how no one has complained about how 'unrealistic' it is that there are convenient metal beams on every building. And they're not all perfectly straight and as everyone in this thread has said who cares?

It's for gameplay! I love that there are a few striaght branches which means more free-running, more epic perching and more rope darting!

It's unrealistic to have quite the number of climbable protrusions, swinging poles, beams, etc. that the game has, but those features are believable real-world features seen on a lot of buildings.

Just like one, or maybe two right-angled branches are believable on one or two trees in a small area of forest.

But branches which are narrow enough to easily grip and swing from at speed and still solid enough not to bend at all, even slightly, under a person's weight while said person is swinging from them are NOT realistic features on trees, and masses of trees with consistently right-angled branches all the way up and down their length are NOT realistic features for a forest.

Do you see the difference?

LoveTwisted
06-11-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm very impressed with what Ubisoft has shown us so far, and I'm not here to complain.

I love how the trees look, and how they react to Connors weight, I think it'd be cool, though if some branches broke when they were being climbed. It would add a little more to the realism, and also keep everyone on their guard. It'd be a cool mechanic to see in-game.

obliviondoll
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm very impressed with what Ubisoft has shown us so far, and I'm not here to complain.

I love how the trees look, and how they react to Connors weight, I think it'd be cool, though if some branches broke when they were being climbed. It would add a little more to the realism, and also keep everyone on their guard. It'd be a cool mechanic to see in-game.

I like that idea, but unless there's some form of visual cue when you look at the branch so you can see in advance that it will break, it would probably just frustrate players instead of being fun. As people arguing in favour of the less cool-looking trees are arguing, lack of realism is acceptable when it's a trade-off between that and fun.

LoveTwisted
06-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I like that idea, but unless there's some form of visual cue when you look at the branch so you can see in advance that it will break, it would probably just frustrate players instead of being fun. As people arguing in favour of the less cool-looking trees are arguing, lack of realism is acceptable when it's a trade-off between that and fun.

Good point.

There could be visual cues, or something along the lines of a button prompt in order to catch yourself from falling. It'd be cool to see, and it would make sneaking in to enemy camps and forts more of a challenge

masterfenix2009
06-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Personally, I like what I've seen so far. I believe Connor is climbing on realistic trees when I see the game play. So I'm fine.

Sushiglutton
06-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't think tree parkour has been done better in any game ever. I think it looks real cool. Sure it's not perfect, but compare to the blocky platforming in basically every game on the market. They want the forest so you can climb from side of the map to the other wíthout touching the ground. This means they need to make sure all trees are "connected". With trees of all shapes that would be a plague I think. The amount of animations you would need to make sure every jump from one tree to another looks natural would be astronomical. For a first attempt this looks insanely good imo.

De Filosoof
06-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Yes that's the only thing that has really bothered me throughout all the games. The glitches with the clothes, you could see ezio's shoulder coming through his cape whilst running quickly. I think these things are easy to solve, however glitches on the character kept appearing. I'd wish they'd fix and deliver a glitchless character this time.

Indeed. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix right? Are there just a few people noticing this problem?
We have to look at the character the whole game. I don't really care about 90 degree trees and the rope dart, i just don't want to look at cloth clipping through everything, it kinda ruins the beatiful graphics that AC has.
I understand the clothes will have some clipping because there are so many of them in the game and with all the movement and stuff but his clothes shouldn't clip into the ground when he he sneaking, that's just ugly...

EzioAssassin51
06-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Good point.

There could be visual cues, or something along the lines of a button prompt in order to catch yourself from falling. It'd be cool to see, and it would make sneaking in to enemy camps and forts more of a challenge

No thanks, I, and no doubt many others, wouldn't want to have quick time events going every five minutes to break immersion and the flow of the free-running. Like many others have said it's for the sake of gameplay. This is shaping out like the original rain weather discussion. It sounded awesome, but no one really liked the idea as much when the thought of slipping all the time and possibly dying or breaking your cover was mentioned. Same with this. No one's going to like the free-running if, as I said, you're falling every 5 jumps just to add some 'realism'.

FreshGroundFX
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
That is expected though because you still have to remember it is a video game and pushing realism takes the fun out of the game. If you've been to a real life forest and you were capable of jumping like Ezio, in real life you would notice that you can't ACTUALLY go from branch to branch because 1. they won't support your weight 2. big branches are scarce and randomly positioned 3. there are little branches everywhere that would restrict movement.

I think surrealism is what makes a video game fun.

Azurefeatherfly
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
That is expected though because you still have to remember it is a video game and pushing realism takes the fun out of the game. If you've been to a real life forest and you were capable of jumping like Ezio, in real life you would notice that you can't ACTUALLY go from branch to branch because 1. they won't support your weight 2. big branches are scarce and randomly positioned 3. there are little branches everywhere that would restrict movement.

I think surrealism is what makes a video game fun.

I understand all that, there is no way to for anyone to do what Connor does. I do not mind anything else in the game so far, but to me those horizontal 90 degree branches stick out more so than Connor does with his white hood robe in a crowd. I can suspend my disbelief with the rope dart, the speed of Connor's ship, Connor 's attire, and everything else but those tree branches instantly reminded me of wooden beams from previous games.

They can have 90 degree tree branches but scale their numbers down and spread them out a little more in the Frontier, so that they are less obvious. If you pay attention to the trees in the background of the Frontier demo, there are a lot of those straight horizontal tree branches.

EzioAssassin51
06-13-2012, 07:10 AM
I take it neither of you play any game at all then, considering 99% of them 'push realism'?

Timeaus
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Well to fair we only seen a small portion of the frontier map remember the frontier map is huge, so we can't really judge until we actually explore the whole frontier. I think the forest looked fine for gameplay purposes. I know there are more 90 degrees angle branches then in real life, but this a video game you can expect 100% realism. If the forest in the game looked exactly like real life, then the game would not be fun IMO. I think Ubisoft struck the right balance of making parkour in the forest fun with enough realism.

http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/mossy-forest-wallpapers_17373_1920x1200.jpg
Look at all the 90 degrees angle on those trees :)

EzioAssassin51
06-13-2012, 11:01 AM
^THIS!
I rest my case!

Moultonborough
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
^THIS!
I rest my case!

Seconded. I live in a state which is about 98% tree covered, I would know.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Well to fair we only seen a small portion of the frontier map remember the frontier map is huge, so we can't really judge until we actually explore the whole frontier. I think the forest looked fine for gameplay purposes. I know there are more 90 degrees angle branches then in real life, but this a video game you can expect 100% realism. If the forest in the game looked exactly like real life, then the game would not be fun IMO. I think Ubisoft struck the right balance of making parkour in the forest fun with enough realism.

http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/mossy-forest-wallpapers_17373_1920x1200.jpg
Look at all the 90 degrees angle on those trees :)
Real-life is not realistic..

MT4K
06-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Real-life is not realistic..

This is why i hate real life. it's so frigging fake.

Captain Tomatoz
06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
This is why i hate real life. it's so frigging fake.
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~train/Reality-WorstGameEver.jpg

Moultonborough
06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Where do you find these things? lol.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh my god HOW COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC !!
http://www.grafphoto.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TR8330.jpg

What is this ?? oh my God..
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dN3GxLHAcR8/TUynzDALq0I/AAAAAAAAAR4/1NuZRqLW03c/s320/View+Up+Trunk+of+Pine+by+Front+Door.JPG

Now this is just RIDICULOUS !!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3032/2592006299_22c6f618be_z.jpg

So unrealistic..
http://www.nybg.org/plant-talk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Tulip-Tree-Allee-1.jpg

Oh lord..
http://www.farmforfun.com/wp-content/My-Gallery/Apricot-Tree-Care-Wide-Angle-Branches.jpg

Captain Tomatoz
06-13-2012, 05:53 PM
The devs of this game called real life obviously know nothing about how trees work
http://www.yamasa.cc/ocjs/dombloge.nsf/rsrc/photo001/$file/CIMG1848_1000.jpg

Evenesque
06-13-2012, 06:02 PM
This thread needs to die. I can almost guarantee that just the fact that this is being nitpicked means people associated with this thread will have less fun in the frontier cause they're gonna be lookin at tree branch angles. I learned my lesson with Skyrim. If you start analyzing a game against your own passion for realism, you're going to suck all the possible fun out of the game for yourself. It's cool that you want the game to be amazing, but at some point you've got to remind yourself that it's still 2012, and it's still a videogame. We can't go out and motion capture a whole forest, so let it alone and move on.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 06:05 PM
This thread needs to die. I can almost guarantee that just the fact that this is being nitpicked means people associated with this thread will have less fun in the frontier cause they're gonna be lookin at tree branch angles. I learned my lesson with Skyrim. If you start analyzing a game against your own passion for realism, you're going to suck all the possible fun out of the game for yourself. It's cool that you want the game to be amazing, but at some point you've got to remind yourself that it's still 2012, and it's still a videogame. We can't go out and motion capture a whole forest, so let it alone and move on.
There has never been a more righteous post in this thread than this one..
*tips hat*

Captain Tomatoz
06-13-2012, 06:19 PM

Agreed :)

lukaszep
06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Also agreed, but can't figure out why you would want to motion capture a forest?
Never mind, this thread should have died about a minute after it was started.

pacmanate
06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
All these pictures of trees are making me feel giddy

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 08:36 PM
DIE YOU STUPID THREAD.... DIE !!
Why wont you die ?
behind this mask is an idea Mr- Oh oh wait wrong place..

ToniTorsi
06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Why is it that in this forum nobody can have an opinion without being criticised and indirectly mocked?

Its like Ubisoft can do no wrong.

Whats the point of this forum then?

Dayum. God help those who dare speak their minds in these boards.

Azurefeatherfly
06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
@Timaeus Thank you very much for the picture, greatly appreciated.

I rest my case.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Why is it that in this forum nobody can have an opinion without being criticised and indirectly mocked?

Opinions CAN be criticized..
You did not know that ? and no one mocked anyone..
Just presented some facts..

ToniTorsi
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Opinions CAN be criticized..
You did not know that ? and no one mocked anyone..
Just presented some facts..

Exactly.

Someone can't elaborate a thought on an issue without the horde of hardcore fans eating him/her alive.

This forum is the greatest #1 source of feedback for the developers.

Yet what do we find if we go back a few pages?

Teh nitpicking, I DUN WUANT RIALISEM, *taking shots at topic creator with RIALISEM PICTURES*, Ubisoft must not be questioned!, etc.

If it was up to y'all, Ubisoft wouldn't hve even bothered creating a new engine nor a new character and give us an exact replica of AC:R with new weapons and new maps and y'all would still grace it as if it was the next coming of Jesus Christ

JCearlyyears
06-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Jesus Christ you say?
(JCearlyyears)

Timeaus
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
@Timaeus Thank you very much for the picture, greatly appreciated.

I rest my case.

No problem, it wasn't meant to be in your face or anything. Just thought it would be nice for everyone to see, so people would enjoy the game more without worrying about realism ;)

MT4K
06-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Exactly.

Someone can't elaborate a thought on an issue without the horde of hardcore fans eating him/her alive.

This forum is the greatest #1 source of feedback for the developers.

Yet what do we find if we go back a few pages?

Teh nitpicking, I DUN WUANT RIALISEM, *taking shots at topic creator with RIALISEM PICTURES*, Ubisoft must not be questioned!, etc.

If it was up to y'all, Ubisoft wouldn't hve even bothered creating a new engine nor a new character and give us an exact replica of AC:R with new weapons and new maps and y'all would still grace it as if it was the next coming of Jesus Christ

There's a difference between realising that 90 degree angles exist in nature and being blindly loyal to a game developer. If 90 degree angled branches exist in the real world. how can somebody say they are unrealistic in a game? That's not saying ubisoft can do no wrong. that's just saying that they haven't totally been unrealistic with the trees.

BBALive
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Dayum. God help those who dare speak their minds in these boards.

I've noticed this.

I mean, it's fine to correct or criticise somebody if they're misinformed or plain wrong, but a lot of people get their panties in a twist whenever the game is criticised. Not everybody is going to like the game, that can't be avoided, but it isn't okay to berate somebody because their opinion differs from your own. I digress.

playassassins1
06-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Oh no.... ToniTorsi is back with his rant!

Seriously, stop the ''Y'all''. Its anoying....

And Of course we want better graphics and new animations and more character detail etc.

About the trees. We aren't saying that this game shouldn't be realistic.
Would it be fun if the trees would be real-life realistic? If they did that, they could better remove the tree running.

And its funny how you always stop by and post about spoon feeding and that we will always like Ubisoft no matter what etc.
I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here.... But whatever you want to accomplish, it ain't gonna happen!

Seriously, give your point, or just leave.
I think you're just trying looking for a fight here...

You can give your opinion all you want, but don't expect everyone to agree....

BBALive
06-13-2012, 10:21 PM
There's a difference between realising that 90 degree angles exist in nature and being blindly loyal to a game developer. If 90 degree angled branches exist in the real world. how can somebody say they are unrealistic in a game? That's not saying ubisoft can do no wrong. that's just saying that they haven't totally been unrealistic with the trees.

I don't think the OP was debating the fact that 90 degree branches are realistic, and that they do happen in nature. I think he's saying that he thinks they have used too many, or a lot of 90 degree branches, which could hinder the organic and realistic look of the Frontier.

Personally, I don't mind the trees, or the branches, but I'm not everybody.

Assassin_M
06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Ugh..
I hate the "you people kiss Ubisoft`s A double S" argument..
I was here almost before most of the guys around..
I had complaints, and I still do, but I understand the basics of game design and their context. people criticized the "annualization" of the series and kept ranting on about how this`ll be the end of the series, but look now, If it wasn't for that system Ubisoft wouldn't have had the time or Money to make Assassins Creed 3 The marvel it currently is..
The correct phrase would be "Everyone here is acting like they cant be wronged, like they`re always right and shouldn't be criticized" Yes NO ONE likes to be criticized.. NO ONE not even me..

notafanboy
06-13-2012, 10:34 PM
people criticized the "annualization" of the series and kept ranting on about how this`ll be the end of the series, but look now, If it wasn't for that system Ubisoft wouldn't have had the time or Money to make Assassins Creed 3 The marvel it currently is.

i donīt think it was about time or money, ubi was just playing safe

Calvarok
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
i donīt think it was about time or money, ubi was just playing safe
Of course it was about money! What the expansions did was allow Ubisoft to keep the series in the spotlight with two smaller-scale games, without damaging the quality of AC3, because they got to work on that while the smaller games were coming out. hence getting them time and money. Literally.

EzioAssassin51
06-14-2012, 06:28 AM
It was about time, considering they've been able to produce this for three years while keeping fans happy with others games! It was a very good move by them I say, especially considering that (IN MY EYES MEANING DON'T START FLAMING ME) ACR and ACB were great games!

I kind of predicted it, I posted somewhere here a bit before AC3 was announced saying 'wouldn't it be funny if they've been developing it since AC2' :P

EDIT:

Listen at around 5:00 here, the Commentator mentions they've tried their best to make realistic terrain with the trees and cliffs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GwnzRufewJU

Assassin_M
06-14-2012, 10:51 AM
^ The Video is very informative, I`d suggest everyone watches it..
Thanks for posting it in a different thread;)

EzioAssassin51
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
^ The Video is very informative, I`d suggest everyone watches it..
Thanks for posting it in a different thread;)

No worries, thanks for posting it first :D