PDA

View Full Version : Can the Tomahawk be used as a bow and arrow?

KrYpToNiC95
06-09-2012, 01:42 AM
I was watching the Boston demo and It came to my attention that Connor used the tomahawk as a bow and arrow. In the first link he uses the bow and arrow but in the second one he pulls out the tomahawk from which he fires the arrow. Is the Tomahawk able to do this or is it possibly a glitch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgcKKjxDME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZF6qTsTWw

Assassin_M
06-09-2012, 01:44 AM
A glitch..
The Wii U has lots of glitches:rolleyes:

imonthenet
06-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Hah, it looks kinda funny because I couldn't even see an arrow :D

But yeah, it looks like a glitch

Evenesque
06-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Really?

superkootje
06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
at what time doe he do that?
and i have a question about the tomahawk too; In the frontier gameplay demo he runs in the fort and then people shoot at him, he puts his axe on the air and flips it a few time, what was that for?

here this link at 6:25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cXbigJHjs8

playassassins1
06-09-2012, 11:30 AM
and i have a question about the tomahawk too; In the frontier gameplay demo he runs in the fort and then people shoot at him, he puts his axe on the air and flips it a few time, what was that for?

that wasn't a glitch. That shows us how skilled Connor is with a tomahawk.

superkootje
06-09-2012, 11:31 AM
that wasn't a glitch. That shows us how skilled Connor is with a tomahawk.

Yes, but what's it for.

FirestarLuva
06-09-2012, 01:13 PM

He used the tomahawk to reflect the bullets, since there wasn't a Redcoat to use as a shield. :)

playassassins1
06-09-2012, 01:33 PM
He used the tomahawk to reflect the bullets, since there wasn't a Redcoat to use as a shield. :)

Not sure if serious or trolling.......

ProletariatPleb
06-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes, but what's it for.
It's just a random animation, like how you see movies, people showing off their skills I guess.

I'm wondering if the Tomahawk is a throw-able weapon.

freddie_1897
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
seriously, when i first read the page title i thought beserker was at it again. but it turned out to be something a bit more interesting than i'd first thought

FirestarLuva
06-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Not sure if serious or trolling.......

I don't understand what trolling did I do, but if you didn't notice there was a command 'sheathe' to use the tomahawk as a shield so, yes, I am serious about what I said. If you don't believe then I'm not going to make you. -_-

Calvarok
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
It's a glitch that came from having the tomahawk unsheathed before using the bow. Hopefully it's fixed. So, I'm confused about the redcoat disguise. Why do the guards at the checkpoint discover Conner? Is that a glitch as well?

playassassins1
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't understand what trolling did I do, but if you didn't notice there was a command 'sheathe' to use the tomahawk as a shield so, yes, I am serious about what I said. If you don't believe then I'm not going to make you. -_-

Im just kidding.... And it wasn't to reflect the bullets. If you watch other demo's, you see that he does it during combat with no one shooting at him.

To me. Its just to show how skilled he is with a weapon. Im sure he'll have that for other weapons. Ezio also had that with a sword.

If i can find a link, i'll show you.

playassassins1
06-09-2012, 09:34 PM
It's a glitch that came from having the tomahawk unsheathed before using the bow. Hopefully it's fixed. So, I'm confused about the redcoat disguise. Why do the guards at the checkpoint discover Conner? Is that a glitch as well?

Ign posted the same demo with a different approach. In that demo the redcoats don't discover you, and you walk by without being noticed.

So its not a glitch

Calvarok
06-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Just watched it. So, you have to wait for them to step aside. I get it. That's actually a nice touch. From what I've seen the Wii U version does seem to have quite a few glitches, though.

FirestarLuva
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Im just kidding.... And it wasn't to reflect the bullets. If you watch other demo's, you see that he does it during combat with no one shooting at him.

To me. Its just to show how skilled he is with a weapon. Im sure he'll have that for other weapons. Ezio also had that with a sword.

If i can find a link, i'll show you.

I understand what you said, it could have been cool though to use as a shield. :/

playassassins1
06-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I understand what you said, it could have been cool though to use as a shield. :/

Yeah. that would be awesome! But technically it would be impossible.

Evenesque
06-10-2012, 01:34 AM

I think they scripted that part of the demo to do that to show connor being ambushed with friends.

imonthenet
06-10-2012, 02:02 AM
I thought in that part the player pressed the call help button again after breaking the line and that told the 'helpers' to attack

HorTyS
06-10-2012, 07:25 AM

To "sheathe" just means to put it away, back on his belt or holster or whatever, not use it as a shield, that'd be like an elephant trying to hide behind a fire hydrant.